Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 140196 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #2600 on: September 15, 2019, 04:55:37 pm »
What's up with the new qualifying format? I don't watch F2 or 3 to know much about the sprint race quali.

what?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2602 on: September 15, 2019, 07:21:57 pm »
 A sprint race?

When’s quali for that??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2603 on: September 15, 2019, 10:48:46 pm »
There's nothing wrong with quali

Ok the Italian gp was bad. But only because the tow into a hot lap is so important. You won't see that in any other race this season.

Quali has been more exciting than some of the races.

Once cars are less affected by the wake of a car in front (which we should be seeing in 2021) then it won't be an issue at all

Again this is F1 doing what F1 always does. Changes things that just don't need to be changed

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2604 on: September 16, 2019, 09:48:25 am »
yep. think they are jumping the gun here
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2605 on: September 16, 2019, 10:44:10 am »
I'd like to point out that this was a secret vote between the teams who all agreed. All F1 teams could have a vote to host an F1 race on the moon, doesn't mean it will actually happen. Ross Brawn has suggested they 'may' try some tweaks for '1 or 2 races' next year, but to say F1 will move straight to Sprint Race qualifying from Melbourne is a bit wide of the mark.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2606 on: September 16, 2019, 10:46:44 am »
I'd like to point out that this was a secret vote between the teams who all agreed. All F1 teams could have a vote to host an F1 race on the moon, doesn't mean it will actually happen. Ross Brawn has suggested they 'may' try some tweaks for '1 or 2 races' next year, but to say F1 will move straight to Sprint Race qualifying from Melbourne is a bit wide of the mark.

I don't know why there's such reservation for it - the last changes to the format went extremely well.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: September 16, 2019, 10:48:04 am »
I don't know why there's such reservation for it - the last changes to the format went extremely well.
haha i was only thinking of that elimination format

cars in middle of flying laps for no reason

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2608 on: September 16, 2019, 11:28:15 am »
haha i was only thinking of that elimination format

cars in middle of flying laps for no reason

It was dreadful wasn't it - nobody had a clue what was going on ;D

Again this is F1 doing what F1 always does. Changes things that just don't need to be changed.

Focusing energies on the wrong thing entirely!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: September 16, 2019, 11:43:01 am »
It was dreadful wasn't it - nobody had a clue what was going on ;D

Focusing energies on the wrong thing entirely!
didnt last long, the current format is fine.

they just messed up in monza. thats an avoidable issue.

not the rules fault either that drivers were faffing about

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2610 on: September 16, 2019, 02:37:18 pm »
Just treat an out lap as a VSC, surely by that you can have teams setting a decent pace and no-one can go as they did at Monza, just the normal queueing.  Don't stick to the deltas and it's a penalty point on your licence and a 5-place grid penalty.  The FIA have access to mini-sectors (remember the graphics they had a couple of years ago that showed them all?) so you could say something like "By Sector 1C all cars must adhere to 60% of their best previous qualifying time throughout the duration of their time on-track" or some racing-type stuff similar to that.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2611 on: September 16, 2019, 03:29:31 pm »
The problem in Monza is that no-one wanted to be the first car out and not have the advantage of a tow. Sticking to a delta wouldn’t really help.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: September 16, 2019, 03:41:04 pm »
The problem in Monza is that no-one wanted to be the first car out and not have the advantage of a tow. Sticking to a delta wouldn’t really help.
It'd surely guarantee that people get to the line at least?  Whether people want to compromise their lap time by trying to not be the first one out is their own issue, the battle then shifts to who will be the last one out and possibly destroy their own lap because the first car passes the line with 8 seconds left or something and they're left tripping over everyone else in front.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: September 18, 2019, 11:04:50 am »
After last week I think motor racing needed a laugh and it's been provided, as ever, by pastor Maldonado.

Who has said he had talks about going to Ferrari! Never went to maranello apparently but did meet domenicali and di montezemulo a few times.
meant to reply saying i listened to this

the ferrari rumours sounded a bit far fetched. a good listen but made himself out to be a better driver than he was

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2614 on: September 18, 2019, 12:24:46 pm »
meant to reply saying i listened to this

the ferrari rumours sounded a bit far fetched. a good listen but made himself out to be a better driver than he was
Don't Ferrari have any crash test dummies?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: September 18, 2019, 12:32:48 pm »
Don't Ferrari have any crash test dummies?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2616 on: September 18, 2019, 12:44:54 pm »
 :lmao :lmao

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: September 19, 2019, 08:29:11 am »
Haas F1 Team

We're delighted to confirm @RGrosjean & @KevinMagnussen for the 2020 season.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2618 on: September 19, 2019, 09:08:36 am »
I am a bit surprised

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: September 19, 2019, 09:11:36 am »
reminding me of how toyota had the same line up for ages. thought they would have freshened it up

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: September 19, 2019, 11:04:42 am »
Magnussen had a contract for next year anyway and I think has outscored Grosjean so far. Hulkenberg is available but you wouldn't pair Hulkenberg with Magnussen, they hate each other.

Both Haas drivers have been petulant as fuck this season. I think if roles reversed and Magnussen didn't have a contract for next year he'd have gone.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2621 on: September 19, 2019, 11:07:38 am »
I’m shocked they’ve stuck with them both. Know they had no choice with Mag but thought they’d at least change Grosjean who really hasn’t been much good for the last season and a half.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2622 on: September 19, 2019, 11:12:24 am »
A sprint race?

When’s quali for that??

How does this actually work?
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2623 on: September 19, 2019, 11:28:45 am »
How does this actually work?

They've floated the idea of a sprint "quali" race based on Championship Standings.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2624 on: September 19, 2019, 01:46:39 pm »
In totally unsurprising news, kubica will not be back next season

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2625 on: September 19, 2019, 01:50:34 pm »
Expecting Nicholas Latifi to be announced imminently, then.  Nick Hulkenberg of course seemingly still available, but I'd be very surprised if anyone but Latifi takes the second Williams seat alongside George Russell.

Shame it's not really worked out for Robert Kubica in the way he & everyone would have liked.  It's taken the shine of his return a bit for now, but in time people will look back at his comeback and recognise how remarkable it was.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: September 19, 2019, 02:05:50 pm »
So glad he got the chance to get back into F1.

The fairytale may not have come true but to come back from that accident is something that he can be proud of.

He'll still have the 'what might have been' questions but he was given a chance.

I really hope Williams can sort their car out or at least survive until 2021 when the new regulations come in and be on a fairer playing field

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: September 19, 2019, 02:13:00 pm »
Expecting Nicholas Latifi to be announced imminently, then.  Nick Hulkenberg of course seemingly still available, but I'd be very surprised if anyone but Latifi takes the second Williams seat alongside George Russell.

Shame it's not really worked out for Robert Kubica in the way he & everyone would have liked.  It's taken the shine of his return a bit for now, but in time people will look back at his comeback and recognise how remarkable it was.
you have summed that up about kubica perfectly

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: September 19, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
Who's Mercedes' test driver now Ocon's going to Renault?  Could see a Hulkenberg in that role, and having a German in a German team would surely be good for the team, and Bottas would probably have more fire up his jacksie.

Apparently Vandoorne is still one of their drivers, maybe promoted to reserve?
My Twitter

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: September 19, 2019, 03:02:04 pm »
Hulk is a weird one. a good driver but never had a podium

has only twice been in a top 4 car which doesnt really give him a fighting chance, he has certainly never had a chance in a top team

red bull would be an interesting one. i would like to see him get a go there.

williams would be a huge step down, alfa romeo would be a decent shout. Giovanazzi is a bit average (thats putting it mild)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2630 on: September 20, 2019, 11:41:09 am »
Verstappen quickest in first practice

Pretty big shunt for Bottas and his car is a bit of a mess

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: September 20, 2019, 11:50:46 am »
not sure i posted this and cant be arsed checking but heres the tyre choices

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2632 on: September 20, 2019, 03:00:20 pm »
Ferrari’s look way off it this race, probably Lewis Vs Max though which is always fun
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2633 on: September 20, 2019, 07:21:37 pm »
Ferrari’s look way off it this race, probably Lewis Vs Max though which is always fun
This used to be a weak race for Mercedes, now it’s a weak race for Ferrari....

Funny how it goes round .....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2634 on: September 21, 2019, 01:12:13 pm »
This used to be a weak race for Mercedes, now it’s a weak race for Ferrari....

Funny how it goes round .....

Not much in it now but this is a happy hunting ground for Hamilton lately.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2635 on: September 21, 2019, 02:53:54 pm »
So after all the talk of how well merc were going to go around there....

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2636 on: September 21, 2019, 02:54:28 pm »
what has happened to Mercedes here  :o

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #2637 on: September 21, 2019, 02:57:52 pm »
Ferrari a full second ahead in q3! That's light years in F1 terms! Merc need to start pulling the finger out with the power unit AND chassis. This championship isn't over yet
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2638 on: September 21, 2019, 03:02:48 pm »
Excellent laps by the top 2 there. Impressed with albon too.

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #2639 on: September 21, 2019, 03:03:47 pm »
That was a monumental effort from Hamilton there. He found a second to vet in q3. He must've had his engine turned up to 12 for his last run. Leclerc is an unbelievable talent. He has that Ferrari dancing
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women