Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1247324 times)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #16200 on: May 7, 2024, 06:29:41 pm »
The second series of Outer Range is out next Thursday the 16th.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16201 on: May 7, 2024, 06:31:59 pm »
Fantastic.

Hopefully all episodes are dropped on release like they did with Fallout.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #16202 on: May 8, 2024, 01:45:27 pm »
that's the show with the hole isn't it?

Great show.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16203 on: May 8, 2024, 02:28:12 pm »
Watched ep1 last night - nothing spectacular but really solid start. Carrying on with it later. The fella who plays Shardlake is well cast.

Books were fantastic but how sad is it that Sansom died three days before the series aired.

There’s a strange synchronicity to his death as he’d been ill for some time and it was 2018 when Tombland came out so either he’d decided the character had gone far enough or his illness prevented him continuing the series.

Another great autheor of historical crime, albeit more modern, was Philip Kerr who authored the Bernie Gunther series.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16204 on: May 8, 2024, 03:33:31 pm »
Anyone watched KIN?

i've just binged both seasons this past week. amazing series..with series 2 being better then series 1.

:wave

Fuck off ya windy c*nt

;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #16205 on: May 8, 2024, 10:51:25 pm »
favourites at the moment series 2 The Bear, also Sugar and Franklin
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16206 on: May 9, 2024, 12:20:24 am »

Fuck off ya windy c*nt
 ;D

:)

Best TV villain for a while is our Bren.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16207 on: May 9, 2024, 08:24:20 am »
Yeah Bren is darkly hilarious, reminds me a bit of Bricktop from Snatch. Shouldn't be laughing at some of the things he says and does, but can't help it.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16208 on: May 9, 2024, 01:56:32 pm »
Out on Netflix today.

Bodkin is a darkly comedic thriller about a motley crew of podcasters who set out to investigate the mysterious disappearance of three strangers in an idyllic, coastal Irish town. But once they start pulling at threads, they discover a story much bigger and weirder than they could have ever imagined.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KoVnzw4nP10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KoVnzw4nP10</a>

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16209 on: May 9, 2024, 02:14:35 pm »
favourites at the moment series 2 The Bear, also Sugar and Franklin

Sugar and Franklin have been decent. I started watching Sugar without reading anything about it and thought, like a lot, it was just a 21st century detective noir after watching the first episode. The second episode onwards flipped that on its head. I'd figured out what was going on before the reveal in episode. I'm glad they didn't keep that back for the finale though.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16210 on: May 9, 2024, 02:35:52 pm »
Anyone watched KIN?

i've just binged both seasons this past week. amazing series..with series 2 being better then series 1.

Couldn't find a thread but similar to you watched both series in the last 2 weeks. We loved it. Gutted if it doesn't return but it's on Netflix now as well so might become more popular.

It's like Sopranos and Peaky Blinders mixed together.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16211 on: May 9, 2024, 02:41:23 pm »
Out on Netflix today.

Bodkin is a darkly comedic thriller about a motley crew of podcasters who set out to investigate the mysterious disappearance of three strangers in an idyllic, coastal Irish town. But once they start pulling at threads, they discover a story much bigger and weirder than they could have ever imagined.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KoVnzw4nP10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KoVnzw4nP10</a>

Keep seeing this while browsing Netflix and sounds like its worth a shot. If anyone else starts it, let us know.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16212 on: May 9, 2024, 08:48:34 pm »
Anyone been following this Baby Reindeer story unfolding over the last few days with the real-life Martha? Whole thing is fucking grim.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16213 on: May 9, 2024, 08:59:28 pm »
Anyone been following this Baby Reindeer story unfolding over the last few days with the real-life Martha? Whole thing is fucking grim.

The slimecunt Morgan is getting his pound of flesh from it.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16214 on: May 9, 2024, 09:00:25 pm »
Mother fucker….

The stalker form Baby Reindeer has done an interview with Piers Moron.  Can’t help but think they shouldn’t be giving her a platform.

She’s clearly bonkers. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #16215 on: May 9, 2024, 09:16:04 pm »
Sounds like they didn't do enough to hide her identity, people had already found her and started harassing her.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16216 on: May 9, 2024, 09:32:46 pm »
Sounds like they didn't do enough to hide her identity, people had already found her and started harassing her.

I read she was confirming it on social media, she loves the attention she’s batshit.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16217 on: May 9, 2024, 09:33:48 pm »
yeah, not sure it will be that way round…

As he says
I read she was confirming it on social media, she loves the attention she’s batshit.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16218 on: May 9, 2024, 09:36:35 pm »
She already did an interview with the rag.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16219 on: May 9, 2024, 09:46:55 pm »
Proper sinister after what she put that lad through.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #16220 on: May 9, 2024, 10:17:11 pm »
yeah, not sure it will be that way round…

As he says

Just something i read about the producers potentially being in a bit of bother. That was before she decided to go on Piers Moron though so that probably changes things.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16221 on: May 9, 2024, 10:55:31 pm »
25 mins in of this Interview, she's super unhinged and failing badly trying to be normal.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16222 on: May 10, 2024, 01:11:47 am »
Oooh thanks! Really enjoyed the first two seasons of this.

Finished the latest season of Blue Lights last night - thought this latest season was brilliant. Hope it comes back for more.
binged watch series one, don't know how we've not watched it before and halfway through series 2 and thoroughly enjoying it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #16223 on: May 10, 2024, 01:57:16 am »
25 mins in of this Interview, she's super unhinged and failing badly trying to be normal.

It's all very sad. No winners. Scum like Morgan don't care about that though.

Online Bcnsean

• Main Stander
« Reply #16224 on: May 10, 2024, 09:46:42 am »
Yeah was good. Really intriguing plot already

Chris (Freeman) is a great character.  You can just feel his pain.

Ahh didn't realize all eps were up.  Great will watch it all this week.

Think this second series has been brilliant, better than the first in my view. I reckon Freeman nails the scouse accent.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16225 on: May 10, 2024, 11:08:58 am »
That Baby Reindeer show was a huge mistake. It should never have been made, a far too personal story. Let's face it, it's a comedian's stage show turned into a TV series. Most of it probably wasn't actually true and the bits that were were embellished.

Don't think implications will end with this interview.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16226 on: May 10, 2024, 11:31:33 am »
There’s a strange synchronicity to his death as he’d been ill for some time and it was 2018 when Tombland came out so either he’d decided the character had gone far enough or his illness prevented him continuing the series.

Another great autheor of historical crime, albeit more modern, was Philip Kerr who authored the Bernie Gunther series.

I read somewhere that Sansom sold the tv rights to his Shardlake series of books years ago and it's just taken so long to get the first one into production. I always thought that his book 'Winter in Madrid' was ideal for adapting for tv as well.

As for Philip Kerr, similar to Sansom, he sold the rights to his Bernie Gunther books to a partnership of HBO and Playtone (Tom Hanks production company) more than 10 years ago. Still nothing's come of that despite the great potential.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #16227 on: May 10, 2024, 12:40:47 pm »
That Baby Reindeer show was a huge mistake. It should never have been made, a far too personal story. Let's face it, it's a comedian's stage show turned into a TV series. Most of it probably wasn't actually true and the bits that were were embellished.

Don't think implications will end with this interview.

There's something going about in the media that more men are coming forward with forms of domestic abuse and such since the release of the show. Coincidence? Maybe, but I think it can prove to be an important show in the long run.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #16228 on: May 10, 2024, 01:26:43 pm »
I read somewhere that Sansom sold the tv rights to his Shardlake series of books years ago and it's just taken so long to get the first one into production. I always thought that his book 'Winter in Madrid' was ideal for adapting for tv as well.

As for Philip Kerr, similar to Sansom, he sold the rights to his Bernie Gunther books to a partnership of HBO and Playtone (Tom Hanks production company) more than 10 years ago. Still nothing's come of that despite the great potential.

I always thought the Conn Iggulden Emperor series of books would be ideal for a TV show or film.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #16229 on: May 10, 2024, 01:48:20 pm »
Watched Baby Reindeer when it come out in one evening..FFWD through a lot..thought the whole thing was wrong and immoral to use as TV entertainment as it was not fiction nor was it  insightful ..just using mental illness of real people as entertainment and vehicle for the writer/Star to advance himself..and Netflix to blame  ..a tawdry act

That c*nt Morgan was sick to interview that women too. Shameful.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 01:51:52 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16230 on: May 10, 2024, 01:56:04 pm »
Watched Baby Reindeer when it come out in one evening..FFWD through a lot..thought the whole thing was wrong and immoral to use as TV entertainment as it was not fiction nor was it  insightful ..just using mental illness of real people as entertainment and vehicle for the writer/Star to advance himself..and Netflix to blame  ..a tawdry act

Personally I thought the real villan was that BBC guy, crazy he went back to him.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16231 on: May 10, 2024, 05:39:18 pm »
Anyone watched KIN?

Someone on this thread said a while back, that if you liked Kin then give Love/Hate a go and I did - it's incredible. Better than Kin for me and I really, really liked Kin.

Love/Hate is from early 2010s and it does show initially but you get over that fairly quickly.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16232 on: May 10, 2024, 05:42:12 pm »
Someone on this thread said a while back, that if you liked Kin then give Love/Hate a go and I did - it's incredible. Better than Kin for me and I really, really liked Kin.

Love/Hate is from early 2010s and it does show initially but you get over that fairly quickly.

Since you made that post a few weeks ago Ive started Love/Hate
Im now into the start of series 5

Pretty good
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #16233 on: May 11, 2024, 12:10:57 am »
First episode of the second season of The Responder is a cracker.  It's all on iPlayer so I might blitz it later.

Great first episode, glad this is back.

EDIT

On episode 4 now, a step above the first season for me but fuck me it's Uncut Gems level of stress watching it.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 02:04:14 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16234 on: May 11, 2024, 05:35:00 am »
I finished The Responder earlier, brilliant TV but as Kashinoda said, not much light relief.  Martin Freeman really is exceptional.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16235 on: May 11, 2024, 08:55:24 am »
The Responder. Great stuff.

With some funny moments from Marco and Casey.

Casey: Don't move to Runcorn your baby will be a wool
Marco: she was born here
Casey: A bad wool

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #16236 on: May 11, 2024, 01:06:33 pm »

With you on all points FB...on the face of it an impressive and very well acted psychological thriller...but as an autobiographical drama I found it exploitative and narcissistic...and the worry now is with its huge success - and the Netflix algorithm - it could spurn more of the same..and even worse ...as the loathsome shitehawk Morgan has already shown...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #16237 on: May 11, 2024, 02:02:58 pm »
Aren't autobiographies by their very nature exploitative and narcissistic to some degree?

I do feel the show goes out of it's way to not villainise the stalker, within reason.

Without wanting to come across as some weird alt-right weirdo. If this was a story about a female rape victim and how she deals with the fallout of that whilst being stalked for years by another man - would that hit different?
:D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16238 on: May 11, 2024, 02:49:32 pm »
Aren't autobiographies by their very nature exploitative and narcissistic to some degree?

I do feel the show goes out of it's way to not villainise the stalker, within reason.

Without wanting to come across as some weird alt-right weirdo. If this was a story about a female rape victim and how she deals with the fallout of that whilst being stalked for years by another man - would that hit different?

I doubt in this scenario the man would be making media appearances.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #16239 on: May 11, 2024, 05:02:53 pm »

Without wanting to come across as some alt-right weirdo, I 100% agree on that.