Author Topic: Liverpool 5 vs Hull 1-Lallana 16' Milner (p) 28' 70' Mane 35' Meylr 50' Cou 51')  (Read 47209 times)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I know Pep has made city very very solid but I just feel like most teams they will have a wobble in them, its happened before and I can see it again, especially over the hectic Christmas period which is something he as a manager is not used too, but we are looking good and are a delight to watch which for me as a fan its something that is good to see and once again we look forward to watching our beloved team in action again and again
City were pegged to win the league after a few games last season as well IIRC.

It's a long season.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
Having a argument with mate I said great result but annoyed we conceded a goal he said you won 5  1 wat the problem well to me it conceding. I'd have defence in today doing treble training

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Curtis Davies on playing Liverpool:

Curtis Davies talked about what it was like to play against Liverpool. Interesting contrast of how it was different against Arsenal, even though they went down to 10 against both.

“When you play against a Liverpool team that is vibrant, exciting and enjoying itself it is tough,” said the centre-half. “They are a side which literally plays with (Jordan) Henderson and the two centre-halves at the back and the rest can go where-ever they want.

“That is not ill-discipline, it’s organised. The inter-changing, the good football, the passing - they are a very, very tough team to deal with when they are on their game.

“It is hard to lay a glove on anyone, put it that way. When there is so much inter-changing you cannot put your mark on one person.

“It is tough to try and get in and try and make a tackle which makes them think again because literally one second Mane will be in that hole, then Lallana and then Coutinho.

“With the full backs playing like wingers it becomes very difficult because you end up with backs against the wall.”

“Last week against Arsenal, we had 10 men but it was a different performance,” he said. “We were good. We kept hold of the ball but Liverpool, with their pressing game, they weren’t going to be satisfied with 3-0.

“They weren’t satisfied with 4-0 or scoring five. They wanted six, seven, eight and that is the difference. Arsenal were like, ‘We will sit, we will let them have the ball and then we will have it for another five minutes’.

“But Liverpool didn’t give you a chance to breathe to be honest.

“Arsenal are a very good passing team, but a lot of their stuff is on front of you. Nice little passes.

“Liverpool have that mix of nice little passes and then people who will run and run at you and beat you as well. Like Mane. Like Coutinho.

“They will open the game up just on their own by making runs and beating people. It is very difficult to take.

“When we went down to 10 men then, if I am being honest, as a Liverpool I would be thinking, ‘We can give them a hiding. Let’s be ruthless. And they were ruthless.”​
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
I know Pep has made city very very solid but I just feel like most teams they will have a wobble in them, its happened before and I can see it again, especially over the hectic Christmas period which is something he as a manager is not used too, but we are looking good and are a delight to watch which for me as a fan its something that is good to see and once again we look forward to watching our beloved team in action again and again

Don't worry mate, all we have have to do is beat them home and away and match (or better) their results against the rest.

Piss easy.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Curtis Davies on playing Liverpool:

Curtis Davies talked about what it was like to play against Liverpool. Interesting contrast of how it was different against Arsenal, even though they went down to 10 against both.

“When you play against a Liverpool team that is vibrant, exciting and enjoying itself it is tough,” said the centre-half. “They are a side which literally plays with (Jordan) Henderson and the two centre-halves at the back and the rest can go where-ever they want.

“That is not ill-discipline, it’s organised. The inter-changing, the good football, the passing - they are a very, very tough team to deal with when they are on their game.

“It is hard to lay a glove on anyone, put it that way. When there is so much inter-changing you cannot put your mark on one person.

“It is tough to try and get in and try and make a tackle which makes them think again because literally one second Mane will be in that hole, then Lallana and then Coutinho.

“With the full backs playing like wingers it becomes very difficult because you end up with backs against the wall.”

“Last week against Arsenal, we had 10 men but it was a different performance,” he said. “We were good. We kept hold of the ball but Liverpool, with their pressing game, they weren’t going to be satisfied with 3-0.

“They weren’t satisfied with 4-0 or scoring five. They wanted six, seven, eight and that is the difference. Arsenal were like, ‘We will sit, we will let them have the ball and then we will have it for another five minutes’.

“But Liverpool didn’t give you a chance to breathe to be honest.

“Arsenal are a very good passing team, but a lot of their stuff is on front of you. Nice little passes.

“Liverpool have that mix of nice little passes and then people who will run and run at you and beat you as well. Like Mane. Like Coutinho.

“They will open the game up just on their own by making runs and beating people. It is very difficult to take.

“When we went down to 10 men then, if I am being honest, as a Liverpool I would be thinking, ‘We can give them a hiding. Let’s be ruthless. And they were ruthless.”​

Music to my ears...

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Music to my ears...

Didnt someone at derby say something similar the other day

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Didnt someone at derby say something similar the other day

They did.

The fear factor is slowly building and thats recipe for success.

If teams coming up against us are expecting a tornado against them, we've already won half the battle.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan

With City there is a definite weakness to them that teams this season have exploited but they have not done enough to take them over the line.

A classic example was the recent Manc Derby game, first half, Man City totally dominated them and made the Mancs look like a pub team, and making them blow from their arses.. Second half though, they fought back and really got at Man City.

Other teams have done that to them though as well, Swansea sort of did but when Man City turn it on, they are good. However the important thing to note about them is that they've not faced anyone of note yet other than the Mancs...

I might also be wrong on this stat, but i wouldn't be surprised if at the moment Man City have dominated possession and have also outran their opponents as well... but I can guarantee when they come to face us, they certainly won't outrun us, and in fact our way of playing will make them play the long ball option which will work in our favour...

Back on our game though, i've watched it and it was superb, Lallana was supreme as was Henderson & Milner and our attacking contingent was superb as well. In fact the whole squad was brilliant, defensively and attacking wise, and made a Hull team look like... well a Hull side, not very good.

It's interesting about Curtis Davies comments about us as well, very nice to see and i think it's part of the norm for opponents now who face us and long may it continue

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
With City there is a definite weakness to them that teams this season have exploited but they have not done enough to take them over the line.

A classic example was the recent Manc Derby game, first half, Man City totally dominated them and made the Mancs look like a pub team, and making them blow from their arses.. Second half though, they fought back and really got at Man City.

Other teams have done that to them though as well, Swansea sort of did but when Man City turn it on, they are good. However the important thing to note about them is that they've not faced anyone of note yet other than the Mancs...

I might also be wrong on this stat, but i wouldn't be surprised if at the moment Man City have dominated possession and have also outran their opponents as well... but I can guarantee when they come to face us, they certainly won't outrun us, and in fact our way of playing will make them play the long ball option which will work in our favour...

Back on our game though, i've watched it and it was superb, Lallana was supreme as was Henderson & Milner and our attacking contingent was superb as well. In fact the whole squad was brilliant, defensively and attacking wise, and made a Hull team look like... well a Hull side, not very good.

It's interesting about Curtis Davies comments about us as well, very nice to see and i think it's part of the norm for opponents now who face us and long may it continue

Did they really get at city? If i can remember, City were just picking them off at will and basically missed a shit load of chances because of no Aguero. Yeah United went forward but they didn't  create anything, I wouldn't say they got at City.

If we keep up the way were playing, that game vs City will be one hell of a game.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
Did they really get at city? If i can remember, City were just picking them off at will and basically missed a shit load of chances because of no Aguero. Yeah United went forward but they didn't  create anything, I wouldn't say they got at City.

If we keep up the way were playing, that game vs City will be one hell of a game.

Agree with this, they didn't have a shot on target in the second half, but the media have peddled this "totally different half" myth. I reckoned around 12 mins in second half (until Guardiola changed it) was different!

City are the only team I'd be wary of at the moment, not just because of their players, but because Guardiola is the only one I think MIGHT devise a way of breaking us down. That said, I still think the chances are pretty small.

For the first time in a long long time, if we play well, we win and everything is in our hands-simple as that! One hell of a season coming up!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
I agree with Klopp that the counter-pressing was by far the most impressive aspect of Saturday's performance. I haven't seen anything like that for quite a while. Hull couldn't breathe, let alone keep the ball. Lallana is an absolute pressing machine and a terrific footballer to boot; I'm sure Kevin de Bruyne would have something to say about it but for me he's been the best player in the league thus far this season.

What else can you really say about our attacking players? They're all brilliant. And that includes our left back Jimmy Milner who along with Lallana was MOTM for me. Thought he displayed some really good trickery to consistently beat Snodgrass on the outside, he plays some lovely passes inside which can really help open up sides, and he's our best penalty taker since Deadly Dirk.

The difference Mane makes to this side is astonishing yet not actually surprising to someone like myself who always very highly rated him and cried out about the lack of pace in the side last season. It's a vital asset yet his use of the ball in tight areas is probably even better than I thought.

My only two concerns going forward would be the lack of ruthlessness in the first 15 minutes, and defending. Matip and Coutinho both missed gilt-edged chances; every team will do so but one of those two needs to go in against better sides otherwise the pressure will build and we could get punished. You could tell the players were still very nervous in front of goal until Lallana scores and I don't think we will be at 100% until Klopp can eradicate that.

As for the defending, the goal was poor all-round and second balls shouldn't be gobbled up as easily as that. Klavan also had a couple of dodgy moments and the jury remains out on him I feel. Let's face it, we weren't really tested at all, but we weren't overly at Burnley either and he looked poor there. I'm being harsh but the pace this league is going at, we can't afford stupid mistakes costing us points, and he's probably the only player at the moment that makes me feel nervous.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:20:22 am by bcurtis92 »

Offline Fun Lovren Criminals

• Kemlynite
  • Kloppy's Army
A wonderful display, not keeping a clean sheet again is only a minor concern, would be nice to rack up a couple of clean sheets in the process of steam rolling teams (although that may be the defender in me!)

Getting increasingly excited for the season, although i have been a Reds fan long enough to know, nothing is ever easy or expected!... However Kloppy just feels the air with so much confidence, no matter who we play, you just get the feeling he has a plan to undo any team put in front of us.  8)

Great to be able to call on England's No 1 striker from the dugout!  ;D
I don’t want to describe myself. I’m a totally normal guy, I came from the Black Forest. I’m the Normal One.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
I think we are finally at a place where we are set up to score goals and because of the players we have and the attacking patterns we employ the chances of stopping us doing that are very low. I think Utd are in a position we've often been in the last decade or so.. they have good players who can create a goal individually every so often... but they wont be constant chance creators like the ferguson teams were. So it's inevitable that teams will frustrate them in ways that will be very familiar to our fans. I've fancied us for the title since we signed Mané. I immediately thought he'd become a Suarez type catalyst as the season progressed. What I didn't foresee was what an absolute monster Lallana would become. The guy is unstoppable. Playing in ur system, under Klopp, I dont think I'd swap him for another attacking mid in the league right now....   

What a time to be a Pool fan...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Another great performance and result. We took them to pieces and could've easily had another 3-4 goals. Obviously the only black mark was conceding that soft goal - I was ranting after it went in all the way until Coutinho pulled out that stunner  and brought a smile back to my face :)

Of course, their goal was never going to mean anything its just that we need to try and put a higher price on our goal. It always seems that we work so hard to score but we let the opposition grab goals without making them earn it.

In the end, we have to remember that we are still a work in progress, and what we are seeing so far is pretty damn good. Lallana has improved his all-round play as well as getting the goals his play deserves.

Thought the way Coutinho let the ball run for the first goal just epitomises how wonderful he is to watch when he plays football. When the options are there for him, he will not usually look for a speculative effort, he will look for a final ball. Of course, if it opens up, he will gratefully accept as we saw!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan

from what i saw of the game, they seemed a bit more dominant of City rather than what it was from the first half of that game... but yes if the stats say Man Utd didn't create much during that half then yes fair do's. I still like to think of it though as if a team has possession against City, that's something. Obviously it's not enough and well to be fair i don't want to be wax lyrical on the Mancs because it's the Mancs and because of their spoilt brat of a manager...

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
from what i saw of the game, they seemed a bit more dominant of City rather than what it was from the first half of that game... but yes if the stats say Man Utd didn't create much during that half then yes fair do's. I still like to think of it though as if a team has possession against City, that's something. Obviously it's not enough and well to be fair i don't want to be wax lyrical on the Mancs because it's the Mancs and because of their spoilt brat of a manager...
I saw it very similarly to our game against Chelsea.

We bossed the first half and then controls the second.

City did the same against Manchester Red.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
I hear you. But 2014 was the most fun and excitement I've ever had watching football.

Bring on the roller coaster again i say.

City look bloody good though.

But who have they played? Teams that are currently 14th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 20th & United. Yes, they look great but it's easy against teams that thought they were ready and implode from match-day 1.

Our "already played" opponents have 16 wins & 7 draws to date (one of each being against us). City's have 8 wins (half of those are United's 4 wins) & 5 draws.

Give City games against real teams and a couple of injuries and we'll see if they can keep it up. (I think they can but you never know.)
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
What a fantastic result. Lets keep the momentum building. Bring on Swansea!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Look, City's good- there's no getting around that(at the moment). Doesn't matter whether you bring up the act they played dross sofar- they've been good for a few years now and they just got even better in the Summer.

They will most likely win the league- an observation made ONLY looking at things as they are now, BUT there is always a chance it will not continue. As things stand- we're marginally worse than them, but that is where determination and hunger comes in.
We're just about Spurs level at the moment, who I would argue has the steel to grind out wins. Something we need to demonstrate first. I think we both will be duking it out with City in the end.

Spurs have been playing under the radar sofar so it's my fervent hope that the media start picking up on them. I hope they beat City so the growing focus on us, goes over to them. I would hate it if we're pegged as genuine title challengers so early(it's starting to gain momentum though :()
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:35:56 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Look, City's good- there's no getting around that(at the moment). Doesn't matter whether you bring up the act they played dross sofar- they've been good for a few years now and they just got even better in the Summer.

They will most likely win the league- an observation made ONLY looking at things as they are now, BUT there is always a chance it will not continue. As things stand- we're marginally worse than them, but that is where determination and hunger comes in.
We're just about Spurs level at the moment, who I would argue has the steel to grind out wins. Something we need to demonstrate first. I think we both will be duking it out with City in the end.

Spurs have been playing under the radar sofar so it's my fervent hope that the media start picking up on them. I hope they beat City so the growing focus on us, goes over to them. I would hate it if we're pegged as genuine title challengers so early(it's starting to gain momentum though :()

Title challengers is something we SHOULD be regarded as being every single season. Obviously we've only played as such once in the past few years but that's the aim.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/26/liverpool-are-thrilling-the-nation-thanks-to-teamwork-built-on-s/

This is perhaps the most encouraging aspect of Klopp's Liverpool team - we aren't heavily reliant on one individual, and players adapt to the system as opposed to systems adapting to the best players - which was the case under Rodgers.

There's nothing wrong with what Rodgers did but it just feels like the system under Klopp is more sustainable, and brings about an ethos and style that overrides the importance of individual players, putting in place the foundations of a playing style which will help us for years to come.

Philosophies or systems are words that are sneered at by the anti-intellectual elements of English football, primarily those brought up on a diet of horrific long ball stodgy football that would give Tony Pulis a wet dream. But much in the same way that the great Ajax sides did, or Barcelona do, a philosophy or style is definitely an aspiration that all football clubs should look to achieve. I'm very excited then that Liverpool are going down an approach which provides an edge to a squad which I still thoroughly believe isn't as strong on paper as, say, Arsenal or Chelsea. But I am confident with the sense of liberation and creative freedom that these players enjoy that they will only get better and better under a system which really encourages player development.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
I think building that fear factor again is fucking fantastic, especially when it comes to the small teams, they're going to be on the backfoot before they step on to the pitch.

The country is learning is when we're on it during a game, it's incredibly hard to stop us.

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
But who have they played? Teams that are currently 14th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 20th & United. Yes, they look great but it's easy against teams that thought they were ready and implode from match-day 1.

Our "already played" opponents have 16 wins & 7 draws to date (one of each being against us). City's have 8 wins (half of those are United's 4 wins) & 5 draws.

Give City games against real teams and a couple of injuries and we'll see if they can keep it up. (I think they can but you never know.)
That's it. I'm convinced.

Let's win the fucking league :D

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Title challengers is something we SHOULD be regarded as being every single season. Obviously we've only played as such once in the past few years but that's the aim.

Yes- when we've won the league at least on one occasion again or we're already used to challenging. It's not an ideal situation when you're about to have a stab at a first title in donkey's years- especially when you're up against the might of City and another well-oiled machine in Spurs as well as a bona-fide flat-track bully in Arsenal.

We haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory these past 26 years and we've not done well when the pressure's on to now suddenly don ourselves in an ego and demand to be seen as regular title challengers. Based on what exactly? 5/6 games in a sea of mediocre performances over the years?

It's preferable to have less pressure on you in such a circumstance. We should just play our games and perform to the very best we can and as supporters- just enjoy the ride wherever it leads to- regardless of losing or drawing or leaking goals. If it leads to a title challenge, then so be it ubt it's best not to have that sort of pressure now.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:22:36 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
I mentioned this in the midfield thread as well. The only shortcoming I can see in our game looks like if the opposition were to bypass our press, play it long from defense / lower midfield right to the high wingers who put in numerous crosses for our CBs and Karius to deal with. Good thing that no team has tried that yet.
Not true.
Remember everyone's comment about Lucas' performance against Leicester, that he was immense in the air,  too.  He and Matip cut the aerial supplies time and time again while our midfield collected second balls. We also cut a lot of passes to Mahrez  or if he received one,  he was pressed to go wide.

Granted we didn't see that this weekend, mostly because of the opponent was shell shocked by our gegen pressing.
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline JwealeLFC

• Kemlynite
My first time back at Anfield watching the Reds rather than working behind one of the Kop bars in a few years and all I've got to say is wow, what a machine of a team we've got.

The first half was just total domination and I could see on their faces even from the upper centenary how much those Hull lads wanted half time even after about 20 minutes. Every time a Hull player was on the ball it was just a swarm of red.

It was a real joy to watch! Special mention to Bobby Firmino, even though he didn't score or even assist I was watching him closely and his movement is just incredible, he keeps every player in their back four honest and won't give them a minutes peace, quickly becoming my favourite player.

Long may it continue and up those Tricky Reds!

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
Yes- when we've won the league at least on one occasion again or we're already used to challenging. It's not an ideal situation when you're about to have a stab at a first title in donkey's years- especially when you're up against the might of City and another well-oiled machine in Spurs as well as a bona-fide flat-track bully in Arsenal.

We haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory these past 26 years and we've not done well when the pressure's on to now suddenly don ourselves in an ego and demand to be seen as regular title challengers. Based on what exactly? 5/6 games in a sea of mediocre performances over the years?

It's preferable to have less pressure on you in such a circumstance. We should just play our games and perform to the very best we can and as supporters- just enjoy the ride wherever it leads to- regardless of losing or drawing or leaking goals. If it leads to a title challenge, then so be it ubt it's best not to have that sort of pressure now.
I totally understand what you're saying, but also fuck that (not slighting you in any way). I don't want to pussyfoot around until we've earned the right to be contenders again.

The best way to be title contenders is to act like title contenders. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.

Liverpool, the city and the fans, were a big part of that title push in 13/14.

Some people say that we put too much pressure on but that's fucking nonsense. We came from nowhere. We were scary.

We're not coming from nowhere now, we're scary again, and sod me if I don't think we've got a shot this year too.

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
City were pegged to win the league after a few games last season as well IIRC.

It's a long season.

Was just going to say the same thing.

We've got no Europe, just 1 game per week and play deadly, attacking football.

We are one of the favourites for sure.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
A bit late to the party because I've been offline for a while but what a fantastic result at Anfield last weekend. The biggest concern with the Burnley result earlier in the season for me was how we struggled to break down a defensive team. I have had confidence in us for a long time in terms of killing off teams that come at us because Klopp's counterpressing system is great at exploiting the space that style of football creates. Saturday was the first time we saw counterpressing really tearing a defensive teams to shreds this season. Hull were pulled this way and that and could not cope with our quick passing and technical ability in the little spaces we were creating. Special mentions must go to the continued meteoric rise of Lallana and the solid dependability of James Milner. While we have so many talented players from all over the world, these lads along with Henderson and Clyne continue to develop a strong, steely English base. Tremendous stuff lads. Well done.