Author Topic: Pre-match thread: Manchester City vs. Liverpool | 25/11/2023 | 12:30(BST)  (Read 38278 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-match thread: Manchester City vs. Liverpool | 25/11/2023 | 12:30(BST)
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2023, 12:33:49 am »
think  Dom can just smash Rodri? I do.  Man to man lets do it. what a battle that would be. Poor rods. He cant handle the truth. mr about 7 mins of good hard competitive action every game is all thats required against mr 105 mins of getting better and better. 

otoh rodri probably smash mac so idk.  Maybe Darwin can smash Rodri instead, further up the pitch. Yeah, Darwin can smash him with running and elbows. that'll work.

after that they suck eggs Matip and VVD will laugh at them .   

Hitting the thanksgiving booze early? :)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2023, 09:09:36 am »
Fully expecting Nunez and Salah to rip these cheating c*nts to shreds.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2023, 09:22:44 am »
I do get the feeling their defence is a little weaker than it has been and they can be got at once you get past Rodri. I'm confident we'll score, the question really is how many do we concede.

Pretty sure they'll have the bulk of the ball so we'll have to be patient and take our chances when they come. Really do need to be very disciplined.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2023, 09:27:52 am »
Our away form needs to improve if we want to challenge for the title. Going to the Etihad is the hardest away fixture. Hopefully everyone comes back fit and healthy, for what promises to be a great occasion. Diaz and Nunez have done well on international duty. They could be the difference in this one. I think Darwin Nunez will give them some problems, and hopefully he scores the winner.

At the other end I would play Van Dijk and Konate, if he is fit, and hopefully they keep Haaland quiet. Gomez gets the nod at left back for me, due to his athleticism and pace. Can’t wait.
Yeah I just hope we don't go there just expecting to run them into the ground. It hasn't worked sofar.
We need to turn up there with a few good tactics up our sleeve AND run them into the ground.
Good point. Slightly weird game in that we were miles off their level as a team and got the win. As their equal, I think we’ll be bolder.
I still think we got the win cause they underestimated us at the time due to our form. Just like we underestimated Luton.
The previous season we also had a cautious game at Anfield I think and we managed a draw?

This time around there won't be any such luxuries, and they recognize us as a threat again- at least in the short term. Our deficiencies are well known, so they'll target those, AGAIN. The space behind our fullbacks, especially Trent.. they'll target our newly-formed midfield- we should have a few deficiencies there that Guardiola has picked up on, and they'll work on keeping Mo out of the game.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 09:50:31 am by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2023, 10:38:43 am »
Who are the cheating PGMOL bastards for this one?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2023, 10:42:01 am »
Who are the cheating PGMOL bastards for this one?

We'll find out later I think. See everyone in the VAR thread at about 12.50pm on Sat.

Actually, probably a bit optimistic, more like 12.35pm.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2023, 11:04:24 am »
This is the hardest away fixture which we are not expected to win.....given our away form, so free hit? Want to see us go out there playing with freedom, make it chaotic and take advantage. No hesitation, no letting our heads drop

These twats need twatting as someone said
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2023, 11:41:09 am »
This is the hardest away fixture which we are not expected to win.....given our away form, so free hit? Want to see us go out there playing with freedom, make it chaotic and take advantage. No hesitation, no letting our heads drop

These twats need twatting as someone said

it's no free hit, if we can't win we need to ensure we don't lose. Keep them well within sight going into the turn of the year and we get a crack at them at Anfield if we're still in the mix.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2023, 11:50:04 am »
Jesus christ just seen the game is yet another 12:30 kick off for us after the international break  :lmao

In fairness at least they don't even attempt to try and hide their hate for us.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2023, 11:59:22 am »
they recognize us as a threat again- at least in the short term.

If City genuinely view us as a threat again then I think they'd view a game at home against us as a way of putting a marker down and putting us back in our place.

I genuinely think it's going to be a really tough game for us. At Anfield I'd be confident of a win. Away from home, I'd be absolutely delighted with a draw. In past seasons I viewed us going to City as equals (even if we didn't win there often). I don't at this stage. We might be 2nd or 3rd best team in this league but my opinion, as it stands, is that there is still a significant gap between City and ourselves (& Arsenal).

I'd go there and flood the midfield and play Gomez at right back (or at least Trent asa more traditional right back). We played 4-4-2 when we beat them last season (with Elliott wide right). I wouldn't be surprised if we do something similar, with Nunez and Salah up top and maybe a midfield 4 of Jones, MacAllister, Szoboszlai and Elliott. Back four of Gomez, Matip, VvD and Trent.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2023, 02:49:08 pm »
it's no free hit, if we can't win we need to ensure we don't lose. Keep them well within sight going into the turn of the year and we get a crack at them at Anfield if we're still in the mix.

As others have mentioned, its hard for us to go there and look to be cautious and come away with a result. Our more succesful results against them and better performances are when we have a go at them...

I know what you are saying, looking at it as an overview id take a draw right now but in terms of approach we need to be fearless
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2023, 03:27:43 pm »
As others have mentioned, its hard for us to go there and look to be cautious and come away with a result. Our more succesful results against them and better performances are when we have a go at them...

I know what you are saying, looking at it as an overview id take a draw right now but in terms of approach we need to be fearless

Was it the funny lockdown season we went there and played all 4 of our attackers? Drew 1-1 and De Bruyne missed a penalty.

The 2-2 we had there a couple more seasons ago felt a lot more open, where both sides looked capable of scoring every time they had a bit of time on the ball.

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2023, 05:15:05 pm »
"I do get the feeling their defence is a little weaker than it has been and they can be got at once you get past Rodri". If you get past Rodri he tries to foul you as he knows he will get away with a few before the ref actually gets his card out: same with Fernandinho for years. Then you have to run the gauntlet of being fouled by the centre backs. I think the pundits call it being clever and praise Pep the tactical genius.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2023, 05:22:32 pm »
Serious question: How does their pitch compare to ours in size?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2023, 05:24:17 pm »
Serious question: How does their pitch compare to ours in size?

Liverpool Pitch Size
101 metres long by 68 metres wide, or 110 yards by 74 yards.

Manchester City Pitch Size
105 metres by 68 metres or 115 yards by 74 yards.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline markedasred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2023, 05:25:18 pm »
Liverpool Pitch Size
101 metres long by 68 metres wide, or 110 yards by 74 yards.

Manchester City Pitch Size
105 metres by 68 metres or 115 yards by 74 yards.
So you're saying they have 115 problems, but the pitch ain't one?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2023, 05:26:08 pm »
well done :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #218 on: November 20, 2023, 05:26:17 pm »

Did you set that up deliberately?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2023, 05:26:46 pm »
I smell collusion

Offline markedasred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2023, 05:26:59 pm »
Yes, I'll get my coat.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2023, 05:27:49 pm »
Yes, I'll get my coat.
these damned international breaks  :)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2023, 08:42:24 pm »

I agree with this too. The best example is the one mentioned above in the Covid season, went there almost 4-2-4, played a great first half but ultimately both teams were happy to settle for a point in the end.

We’ll be there to win the game of football but this one isn’t at all costs. City are fallible this season, they will drop more points than we are used to when we’ve challenged them. Hopefully we come out flying and get a lead early.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2023, 08:54:45 pm »
I just want us in their faces for 90 minutes. Just get into them, no letting up, make them earn everything. If they win - fine. But leave everything out there.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2023, 09:21:13 pm »
Piss them off, get them angry. Laugh at them. Enjoy our football, and leave them to stress. They always look bored and miserable as fuck.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2023, 11:17:41 pm »
Docked 1 days posting.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2023, 08:57:36 am »
I just want us in their faces for 90 minutes. Just get into them, no letting up, make them earn everything. If they win - fine. But leave everything out there.

I'd take this. Just want a performance to get my blood going as the Reds have already done this season.

I fancy this you know though. Seeing how our boys have done whilst away with their international teams and the season in general, I feel they're in a good place.

We genuinely might lose on Saturday and if we do then we pick up and keep going, but honestly we might win or draw as well. If that happens then we'll all be flying.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2023, 09:21:52 am »
I think we can at least get a draw there this weekend.

The seasons when we were absolutely HUMILIATED by City were "2nd seasons"- when we came down from the high of the season before and were abysmal throughout, everyone looked as if they were "past it" and it was time to move them on, and we lost by massive margins to dross, etc... (That 7-2 spanking by Villa still haunts my dreams)

But yeah- that's a feature of Kloppo's teams. I don't have a problem with it, since I made peace with that a long time ago- that first "2nd Season". For me- as long as I KNOW we will be in the mix every other season, I'm happy. We have a go, then regroup the season following- setting a few embarrassing records, then have a go again the season after.

Anyway, our latest one was last season and we lost 4-1.

2022/23 - 4-1 (Lost) [Second Season Syndrome]
2021/22 - 2-2 (Drew) [Finished 2nd with 92pts]
2020/21 - 4-1 (Lost) [Second Season Syndrome]
2019/20 - 4-0 (Lost) [Champions] ----> THE ODD ONE-OUT

So yeah- Sunday's that time again. We're ready and we have points to prove. We will either draw or win... small chance of losing by a small margin though.
What do they call that shit again? "Super Sunday"?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 10:02:46 am by the_red_pill »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2023, 09:35:58 am »

What do they call that shit again? "Super Sunday Saturday"?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2023, 10:03:28 am »
Doh! ;D
Thanks mate.

Just making sure you didn't spring out of bed with your Liverpool jammies on, bright and early on the Sunday morning, ready for the big game that we already won the day before.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2023, 10:05:42 am »
Just making sure you didn't spring out of bed with your Liverpool jammies on, bright and early on the Sunday morning, ready for the big game that we already won the day before.
I'm actually planning a group get-together this weekend- for this match. BBQ, beers and everything. ;D

I'm sure the guys would've put me straight though...
Saturday is right up my alley though. Suddenly I feel a bit better.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2023, 10:12:26 am »
Hahaha. Chris Kavanagh (from Ashton-under-Lyne which is five miles from City's ground) to referee Saturday's game. You could not make it up.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3789577
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2023, 10:29:30 am »
Hahaha. Chris Kavanagh (from Ashton-under-Lyne which is five miles from City's ground) to referee Saturday's game. You could not make it up.

I mean, most of the refs are shite so whoever they choose we could probably pull up an incident where they’ve shafted us but isn’t he the one Klopp says he has a problem with (or is that Tierney). But either way, to avoid any accusations of bias/just any hint of controversy how about not choosing a ref from that close to either team. Can’t be that hard.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2023, 10:30:50 am »

They don't even try to hide it.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2023, 10:31:27 am »

Is he one of the around 6 PL referees who support Altrincham? That club must be like an F1 paddock at race weekend with all the (in)famous people bumping into each other.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2023, 10:35:46 am »
Could only imagine the absolute chaos if we had some fella that lived a few miles from the city centre reffing our massive games every season, it's a complete farce this is allowed. On the day that Jurgen went for Tierney it was actually this guy on VAR that was the bigger problem (not to defend Tierney's antics!). Of course it was Kavangh on VAR when Rodri's handball v Everton was ignored too.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2023, 10:43:40 am »
Kavangh

Just when you thought the Premier League couldn't get any more corrupt :D

5.1 miles

Fucking farce.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #238 on: November 21, 2023, 10:48:28 am »
Stuart Atwell on VAR as well.

Fuck me. If I was Klopp I'd just say what's the fucking point and give the lads a day off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #239 on: November 21, 2023, 10:49:02 am »
Atwell on VAR as well. We are getting fuck all from this