Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Brentford Salah 40’ 62’ Jota 74’  (Read 13451 times)

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Brentford Salah 40’ 62’ Jota 74’
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2023, 04:21:26 pm »
The thing was, Norgaard had his studs up too. It just so happens that in 50/50 challenges, someone is bound to get it.

Tierney’s still a c*nt though.

He is a c*nt but, and people won’t like this, I actually think he was alright today save for the Matip booking.

Could have easily sent Endo off for that challenge or at least booked him but was well positioned and took the common sense approach which is something you rarely associate with PGMOL.

Again, I think he’s an absolute twat but in isolation today I thought he was fine.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2023, 04:21:33 pm »
A special day for Paul Tierney....must be a dream come true to have your name chanted by the Kop.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2023, 04:21:57 pm »
The thing was, Norgaard had his studs up too. It just so happens that in 50/50 challenges, someone is bound to get it.

Tierney’s still a c*nt though.

No idea what VAR were even looking at? They both went into the challenge the exact same way and Tierney was looking straight at it from about 5 feet away. VAR desperate to get themselves involved.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2023, 04:22:14 pm »
Really enjoyable game, players all got stuck in and quality told in attack and defence. VVD was brilliant and it was great to see Endo play a strong game. Was convinced they were going to send him off for that tackle.

Jota’s strike was a thing of beauty, what a finish. Kosta really contributed and Darwin ripped up first half and set the tone. 2nd in the League and going well!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2023, 04:22:35 pm »
Superb.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2023, 04:22:55 pm »
He is a c*nt but, and people won’t like this, I actually think he was alright today save for the Matip booking.

Could have easily sent Endo off for that challenge or at least booked him but was well positioned and took the common sense approach which is something you rarely associate with PGMOL.

Again, I think he’s an absolute twat but in isolation today I thought he was fine.

The entirety of Anfield was chanting "Fuck off Tierney" on more than one occasion.  Doesn't tend to happen with good refereeing performances..

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2023, 04:23:05 pm »
I missed the first half where by all accounts we were more dominant, but I thought we were incredibly fortunate to win 3-0 on the balance of that second half - felt like they had a lot of the ball and looked more threatening but just couldn't finish anything, whilst we took the one clear cut chance for Mo and Jota fired in a screamer but largely we didn't create an awful lot.

The xG would tend to back that up, at 1.57 vs 1.66.... That said, it was a makeshift midfield and missing 2/4 of our regular defensive starters, so all in all it's a great result going into the international break.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2023, 04:24:20 pm »
The entirety of Anfield was chanting "Fuck off Tierney" on more than one occasion.  Doesn't tend to happen with good refereeing performances..

To be fair there’s more than enough justification for that to be chanted even if he gave the best refereeing performance in history.

Personally I think it should be sung before kick off whenever he’s refereeing us.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2023, 04:24:45 pm »

When Jota was wrestled to the floor for the second time at a corner he gave the foul against Jota.
Compare and contrast to a certain club where VAR awarded a pen for the slightest  of contacts.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2023, 04:25:39 pm »

His Matip booking just screams “don’t try to undermine my authority.” It’s such a strange decision to give, it’s like an answer to a prop bet nobody put money on.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2023, 04:25:46 pm »

It woke us up tbf, maybe we need more ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2023, 04:25:59 pm »
I missed the first half where by all accounts we were more dominant, but I thought we were incredibly fortunate to win 3-0 on the balance of that second half - felt like they had a lot of the ball and looked more threatening but just couldn't finish anything, whilst we took the one clear cut chance for Mo and Jota fired in a screamer but largely we didn't create an awful lot.

The xG would tend to back that up, at 1.57 vs 1.66.... That said, it was a makeshift midfield and missing 2/4 of our regular defensive starters, so all in all it's a great result going into the international break.

Yeah bit of a freak result but we’ve been unlucky in a couple of league games so were due … and it shows the value of world class forwards … plus it’ll be a long time before we play endo and szoboslai as a 2 again

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:17 pm »

Agree with this.

Anyways, thought it was a very good performance. Tsimikas responded well after a poor first half, VVD/Matip/Trent excellent, front three dangerous all night. Also thought Gakpo and Endo did pretty well in roles that are unlikely their favorites.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:36 pm »
No drama at all, bar the odd offside checks.  Virgil is really back to his supernatural best. But I'm never worried about home games. It's the away ones that we really need to focus on.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:37 pm »
When Jota was wrestled to the floor for the second time at a corner he gave the foul against Jota.
Compare and contrast to a certain club where VAR awarded a pen for the slightest  of contacts.

Not saying he got everything right, just thought he was largely fine.

As I say, a lot of people won’t agree which is fine as well.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:38 pm »

The Endo "red' wasn't even a foul imo. Both players went in commited, no studs up. Obviously on contact with the ball and weight of the man sliding in the foot position will move. The Brentford lad had studs more up by the end.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 04:31:19 pm by WorldChampions »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:45 pm »
We're so fortunate to have you here Jack. Always seeing things no one else does and thankfully enlightening us.

You’re welcome

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2023, 04:27:48 pm »
The Endo "red' wasn't even a foul imo. Both players went in commited, no studs up. Obviously one contact with the ball and weight of the man sliding in the foot position will move. The Brentford lad had studs more up by the end.

I’d agree but my point is more that he could have given a red and if he had VAR wouldn’t have overturned it.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2023, 04:28:51 pm »

I'd say half their xG was at 3-0 down though.

I’d agree but my point is more that he could have given a red and if he had VAR wouldn’t have overturned it.
It says everything when we're pleased the ref didn't make an atrocious decision, doesn't it?

I think we gave up a lot at the back but I'm always confident in this team winning at home.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 04:30:37 pm by 1892tillforever »

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2023, 04:30:37 pm »
I'd say half their xG was at 3-0 down though.
It says everything when we're pleased the ref didn't make an atrocious decision, doesn't it?

Half their xG was from a 4 minute spell where they had about 5 corners

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2023, 04:32:27 pm »
Yes, VVD made a superb clearance and Ali a smart save.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2023, 04:34:13 pm »
Frank has them playing like a mix of Stoke and Brighton.

Ha, I've been wrecking my head trying to work out who they remind me of but you've summed it up perfectly. One or two who can actually play surrounded by grocks.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2023, 04:35:50 pm »

Great win. Happy with the performance aginst a difficult team. Our home record  :scarf

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2023, 04:36:27 pm »
Really happy with this team for the most part, feels absolutely astonishing that I was combatting bedwetting about United 'only being three points behind us' in another thread.  We're not close to them.  What we are is 3rd and nicely poised to challenge.

Yes, but we know just how much better than them we have to be to finish above them in this league. All being equal it's no problem.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2023, 04:38:49 pm »
Have a bit of that. Such a difference from the past two matches, means we can put them behind us and move on. No better place to take a good result in to than that other lot in a couple of weeks. Salah will get the MOTM but I think really it should be VVD for being imperious at the back. None shall fucking pass.

Next!

We're struggling to match the intensity of the opposition away from home. At Anfield it's the opposite.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2023, 04:40:55 pm »
Looks like I need to miss every game then seeing as we drop points when I can watch 🫣

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2023, 04:41:59 pm »
Well done "Darwizee"  ::) !
Quickly(or slowly) becoming Firmino 2.0
He's all-round play is already much better than last season.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 04:44:04 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2023, 04:42:46 pm »
The Endo "red' wasn't even a foul imo. Both players went in commited, no studs up. Obviously on contact with the ball and weight of the man sliding in the foot position will move. The Brentford lad had studs more up by the end.
But Tierney didnt give a foul, so what is the problem?
VAR check was justified, both players went in fast with studs up, but they got it right.
We've had plenty of reasons to complain about the refs this season, but today was ok

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2023, 04:42:48 pm »
Home form alone should be the basis of a title challenge this season. Sort out the away form and we can win it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2023, 04:43:23 pm »
Great performance from the whole team, Matip was outstanding I thought considering he was carrying a yellow card for 60 minutes.

Thought Endo did well, that ridiculous VAR checked desperately finding an angle to send him off was a joke.

The only thing lacking was a goal for Darwin but a great all round performance from him nonetheless.

Kostas best game for us in my opinion, thought he was superb.

Oh and another brace for Mo 👏👏👏

Would be nice if we could go one game in this league without them trying to send one of ours off. We've already had 4 reds this season, all harsh, and yet Endo could have gone today for a 50/50,the shitstorm over Konate against Everton and Trent at Newcastle.

The record for most reds in a PL season is 8. They're determined for us to break it.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2023, 04:44:21 pm »
Home form alone should be the basis of a title challenge this season. Sort out the away form and we can win it.

The odd thing is we've lost one away game in the league - with 9 men - our only genuinely poor league result is Luton - given our record against Brighton particularly last season it didnt' feel like a bad point at the time - I really don't think we're that far away, or at least not as far away as some on here would have you believe
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2023, 04:48:50 pm »
I was a teeny bit concerned before the game with the team being depleted so that was a really good win. A solid 3 nil with a few great individual moments by players.

After that I half wish we had another game coming soon but we do need our squad fit again.

Great stuff Reds.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2023, 04:50:51 pm »

Tierney usually screws us on the big decisions, he didn't really have any to make today (could maybe have sent one of theirs off first half).

Endo was never a red, even VAR decided that after a check, and although he let play go on, he knows that probably gets ruled out by VAR if we score from it.

He got the Matip foul wrong but why is it only ever our lads that get booked for dissent? It's like these things only ever get penalised if it's us.

Last season Taylor gave them absolutely everything at Anfield (also got namechecked by the Kop that day) and I think they felt emboldened for more of the same today. Even Tierney wasn't that bad.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2023, 04:54:19 pm »

Yeah, we stepped off a bit at 2-0 and they had a sustained period where they had a few corners and balls bouncing their way so it's probably skewed a bit. First half we were much better I thought, though we were fairly comfortable in the second half, save for that 5 minute spell.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2023, 05:18:58 pm »
Difficult game.
They played pretty much a back 5 with 3-4 in front of them and tried to hit us on the break that nearly succeeded on at least one occasion.

Tierney is awful. The Matip yellow is a joke. The way he prevented us from breaking by playing a quick free kick then did the opposite for them in the second half. Felt like every time one of them went to ground they got a free kick. Hilarious one when Wissa went down under Van Dijk challenge (it was offside so didnt matter), they were both on the ground and he smiled and gave Virgil a thumbs up - talk about playing to the ref. It appears that there players can hold on to ours as long as they like and its not given.  Did worry when the kop chanted at him if he would retaliate - he strikes me as that kind of prick.

No idea why VAR checked for a red, both players going in for the ball no high feet just a tackle where one of them rolled around a lot afterwards.

Great goal from Jota, unlucky for Nunez to not be on the score sheet.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2023, 05:27:28 pm »
Funny how their “head injuries” stopped occurring after we went 2-0 up .

A pre-Christmas miracle.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2023, 05:29:46 pm »
Really happy with this team for the most part, feels absolutely astonishing that I was combatting bedwetting about United 'only being three points behind us' in another thread.  We're not close to them.  What we are is 3rd and nicely poised to challenge.

Ahem

What we are is second ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2023, 05:29:59 pm »
We should have used the additional 2 subs too. Would be nice to see some youngsters.

Offline Annie Road 64

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2023, 05:32:30 pm »
Dont know if it was a 2 pm kick-off, Or the way it's been made harder for regular matchgoers to get tickets, But I thought the atmosphere was poor today.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2023, 05:41:26 pm »
Dont know if it was a 2 pm kick-off, Or the way it's been made harder for regular matchgoers to get tickets, But I thought the atmosphere was poor today.

Before the Matip yellow it was the worst the crowd has been in years - worse than the usual indifference these days and actually quite hostile towards our players at anything