Author Topic: Toulouse v Liverpool, Europa League, THU 9th NOV, 17.45  (Read 8338 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Toulouse v Liverpool, Europa League, THU 9th NOV, 17.45
« Reply #40 on: November 8, 2023, 04:58:37 pm »
No Jones or Grav means we are lighter in midfield.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #41 on: November 8, 2023, 05:00:46 pm »
Endo, Elliott, Mac Allister is the obvious choice for midfield.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #42 on: November 8, 2023, 05:06:33 pm »

Small midfield but assume that will be it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #43 on: November 8, 2023, 06:02:34 pm »
We’ve seen worse…

much worse
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #44 on: November 8, 2023, 06:18:07 pm »
Fun fact for the day: -

They make Airbus's in Toulouse.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #45 on: November 8, 2023, 06:18:21 pm »
Jurgen and Kelleher doing the press conference at half past the hour.

So, we know who starts in goal.  :D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #46 on: November 8, 2023, 06:20:51 pm »
Liverpool squad for Toulouse: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip, Chambers, Scanlon, Gordon, Doak, McConnell, Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Quansah, Mrozek.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 8, 2023, 06:31:55 pm »
Jurgen and Kelleher doing the press conference at half past the hour.

So, we know who starts in goal.  :D

Half past which hour?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: November 8, 2023, 06:32:43 pm »
Half past which hour?
630pm UK time

ie NOW

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #49 on: November 8, 2023, 06:40:07 pm »
Klopp on injuries: Virgil is a little bit ill. Not a big thing but we didn't want to have him and maybe some others have it as well. He should be alright for the weekend. Ryan got a niggle on the knee - running already, no chance this game, maybe Brentford, definitely after

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 8, 2023, 06:40:20 pm »
A little niggle in his knee.
mines a pint

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #51 on: November 8, 2023, 06:42:36 pm »
Curtis has low grade hamstring issue. Him and Gravenberch back after international break
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #52 on: November 8, 2023, 06:45:47 pm »
Curtis has low grade hamstring issue. Him and Gravenberch back after international break

He said Grav might be ready for Sunday.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #53 on: November 8, 2023, 06:46:27 pm »

Klopp said Grav may make Sunday

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #54 on: November 8, 2023, 06:47:49 pm »
Sunday without Gravy - unthinkable.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 8, 2023, 06:48:52 pm »
Klopp:

"Virgil is a little bit ill, should not be a big thing, should be absolutely alright for the weekend. Ryan got a little niggle in the knee but he's already running, we're hoping he'll be back for Brentford, if not definitely after the international break."

"Curtis had a hamstring injury, after the international break he'll be back, it was a low grade hamstring."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2023, 06:49:53 pm »
Endo, Elliott, Gakpo, Dom and Mac can all play midfield tomorrow.

Could be a bit light for Sunday.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 8, 2023, 06:58:56 pm »

It has an extensive, pedestrianised central area that is quite lovely....my favourite town in France actually.

Unfortunately, it is also a hotbed for Le Pen's right wing mob

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58 on: November 8, 2023, 07:33:35 pm »
It has an extensive, pedestrianised central area that is quite lovely....my favourite town in France actually.

Do traders have access to Diiiixons?

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 8, 2023, 07:40:39 pm »
I'd go with the below. Give Tsimikas and Endo 45-60 minutes ahead of Brentford. Interesting that Gordon has travelled. He made his first start in over 20 months in the U21 game yesterday. He'll be on the bench tomorrow but would be surprised to see him come on. But all part of his reintegration.

Kelleher

Gomez          Matip          Quansah          Tsimikas

Elliott          Endo          Mac Allister

Doak          Gakpo          Diaz         

Sub: Alisson, Mrozek, Alexander-Arnold, Chambers, Scanlon, Konate, McConnell, Szoboszlai, Gordon, Jota, Salah, Nunez

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 8, 2023, 09:49:44 pm »
Excited for this.
I wonder if Klopp starts Quansah with Chambers or Scanlon next to him.
I guess McConnell going get some minutes at some point also

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 8, 2023, 09:52:42 pm »
Excited for this.
I wonder if Klopp starts Quansah with Chambers or Scanlon next to him.
I guess McConnell going get some minutes at some point also
gonna post the same - my guess is we'll start the strongest midfield we can,  then bring McConnell on later.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #62 on: November 9, 2023, 01:02:45 am »
I really like the proving ground aspect of these games, its exactly what we need at this stage of our growth.

Let's Quansafie these suckers. Train kept a rollin, all night long.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #63 on: November 9, 2023, 02:14:43 am »
Can't really imagine a starting XI where we aren't just solid favorites regardless. Just think the Europa has been a nice break from the stress of the PL games and hoping that continues tomorrow.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #64 on: November 9, 2023, 08:53:08 am »
Genuinely quite excited for tonight. With Jones (out) and Gravenberch (unlikely) v Brentford, I'm hoping to see Endo sitting and Mac Allister forward tonight. Elliot deserves a start as well.

Mad as it is, I'd play Nunez from the start tonight. I thought he played well v Luton regardless of that miss but I'd like him to bag here to clear the cobwebs so to speak.

Also really looking forward to watching Quansah.

Win this and hopefully qualify top with 2 to go. Sounds good to me.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #65 on: November 9, 2023, 09:22:30 am »

Do they ship the wings from North Wales?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 9, 2023, 09:42:59 am »
I think we will go strong and look to essentially give ourselves a light early December/late November in terms of Europa commitments. The only counter to that is that Brentford are a good side and Klopp does respect them a lot, so he may decide to prioritise that game.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #67 on: November 9, 2023, 10:17:50 am »
Do they ship the wings from North Wales?

They definitely used to. They had a big sign on the factory wall, "Without Us, It's Just A Bus".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 9, 2023, 10:51:35 am »
I think we will go strong and look to essentially give ourselves a light early December/late November in terms of Europa commitments. The only counter to that is that Brentford are a good side and Klopp does respect them a lot, so he may decide to prioritise that game.
i think before the last few days, going strong and getting it done made sense

but now, and this is purely for discussions-sake and obviously not something controllable, it feels like this is the game to rest everyone we can/need to ahead of the more important and consequential sunday.

wouldnt have said this before last weekend, but seeing how gassed two of our mainstays (and captains of their international teams) Dom and Mo looked against luton in combination with the unavailability of Jones (2 games) Mac  (1 game) and Grav  (1-2 games) suggests its best we rotate/dish out minutes purely on the basis of ensuring we're firing for sunday. we also don't know if Diaz is going to be available day-to-day, gakpo may be needed in midfield against Brentford and we've leant on our three senior fullbacks a lot in recent weeks/months too.

i'd like Dom and Mo kept on the bench ideally. Quansah and Chambers starting on our left, Doak starting on the right, McConnell getting on (maybe Kaide too, but doubt he can). Elliot's got wildly good stamina so I guess he and Mac play the 90, but Endo might need a rest on 65ish given he likely has to start Sunday too.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 9, 2023, 11:11:35 am »
i think before the last few days, going strong and getting it done made sense

but now, and this is purely for discussions-sake and obviously not something controllable, it feels like this is the game to rest everyone we can/need to ahead of the more important and consequential sunday.

wouldnt have said this before last weekend, but seeing how gassed two of our mainstays (and captains of their international teams) Dom and Mo looked against luton in combination with the unavailability of Jones (2 games) Mac  (1 game) and Grav  (1-2 games) suggests its best we rotate/dish out minutes purely on the basis of ensuring we're firing for sunday. we also don't know if Diaz is going to be available day-to-day, gakpo may be needed in midfield against Brentford and we've leant on our three senior fullbacks a lot in recent weeks/months too.

i'd like Dom and Mo kept on the bench ideally. Quansah and Chambers starting on our left, Doak starting on the right, McConnell getting on (maybe Kaide too, but doubt he can). Elliot's got wildly good stamina so I guess he and Mac play the 90, but Endo might need a rest on 65ish given he likely has to start Sunday too.

I think the fact that its Brentford at the weekend will probably mean Klopp err’s on the side of what you are saying, which is protecting some key players or giving them limited minutes.

I dont think there is a wrong answer because of what is to come. We have a quarter final in the league cup and 2 europa games to navigate in the busiest and most crucial period of the league season so I will definitely understand if Klopp goes strong for the win.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #70 on: November 9, 2023, 11:47:09 am »
Would be disappointing to lose here given their very limited quality, they only finished 13th in Ligue 1 last season and don't look like they'll be up to anything better this season, and I think they only beat a couple of top flight sides in the cup anyway. Biggest night in their recent history bar the cup win no doubt but we should have too much, I think it'll be a relatively strong side with two games until the international break, and 3 points wins the group with two games to spare. Even a draw basically wins it if we're honest.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #71 on: November 9, 2023, 12:00:17 pm »
Cheers for the OP Zlen.

I think we'll go strong to get the group won early. The benefits of being able to rotate heavily in the last 2 games are massive, especially before the busy Christmas period and with a LC cup quarter final coming up.

Illness and injuries partly dictate the line-up, but our squad is deep enough to put out a good side whilst still resting key players. I'd go with: Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Quansah, Tsimikas, Endo, Mac, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota.

That gives Mo and Trent a rest, but still on the bench (along with Diaz) in the unlikely event we need them. Mac can then play before his PL suspension, Darwin gets a chance to prove any doubters wrong, plus it gives more valuable minutes for Endo, Quansah, Gomez and Tsimikas, plus we'll hopefully see Elliott and some of the youngsters from the bench.

Great chance to bounce back quickly from the Luton game, get this one done and dusted, then move onto Brentford, and we'll hopefully have good momentum before the international break and the City game.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #72 on: November 9, 2023, 12:42:55 pm »
Cheers for the OP Zlen.

I think we'll go strong to get the group won early. The benefits of being able to rotate heavily in the last 2 games are massive, especially before the busy Christmas period and with a LC cup quarter final coming up.

Illness and injuries partly dictate the line-up, but our squad is deep enough to put out a good side whilst still resting key players. I'd go with: Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Quansah, Tsimikas, Endo, Mac, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota.

That gives Mo and Trent a rest, but still on the bench (along with Diaz) in the unlikely event we need them. Mac can then play before his PL suspension, Darwin gets a chance to prove any doubters wrong, plus it gives more valuable minutes for Endo, Quansah, Gomez and Tsimikas, plus we'll hopefully see Elliott and some of the youngsters from the bench.

Great chance to bounce back quickly from the Luton game, get this one done and dusted, then move onto Brentford, and we'll hopefully have good momentum before the international break and the City game.

And bring Dom off after 60 for Elliott.

Get a win and put the group to bed.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #73 on: November 9, 2023, 12:53:45 pm »
And bring Dom off after 60 for Elliott.

Get a win and put the group to bed.
Definitely. He looked a bit gassed against Luton, but if we can have Endo doing the hard yards behind him and Mac, they can hopefully both do more damage further forward - then either of them (or both) can be replaced later in the game.

I make it sound easy of course, but that's our ideal scenario in my view (plus no more injuries...).
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 9, 2023, 01:11:18 pm »
Definitely. He looked a bit gassed against Luton, but if we can have Endo doing the hard yards behind him and Mac, they can hopefully both do more damage further forward - then either of them (or both) can be replaced later in the game.

I make it sound easy of course, but that's our ideal scenario in my view (plus no more injuries...).
would actually prefer to start with harvey , Mac and Endo as Dom looked gassed on sunday and we need him this weekend.
would take a draw as we have lask at home next on 30th

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #75 on: November 9, 2023, 01:16:46 pm »
I’d be fairly surprised if Elliott doesn’t start this. I think he’s started all of our Cup and Europa games as he’s usually sub in the PL.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: November 9, 2023, 01:27:32 pm »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 9, 2023, 01:36:29 pm »
I’d be fairly surprised if Elliott doesn’t start this. I think he’s started all of our Cup and Europa games as he’s usually sub in the PL.

definitely. plus dom started against bournemouth alongside the league games so has played lots of extra minutes.

also don't imagine konate starts, for similar reasons. only a week or so ago Klopp was bemoaning deschamps not allowing konate any rest

given Konate is bound to start sunday (even before accounting for small risk VVD isn't recovered), i can't see us playing him 180+ minutes before he heads to play for france

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 9, 2023, 02:03:38 pm »
I'd go with the below. Give Tsimikas and Endo 45-60 minutes ahead of Brentford. Interesting that Gordon has travelled. He made his first start in over 20 months in the U21 game yesterday. He'll be on the bench tomorrow but would be surprised to see him come on. But all part of his reintegration.

Kelleher

Gomez          Matip          Quansah          Tsimikas

Elliott          Endo          Mac Allister

Doak          Gakpo          Diaz         

Sub: Alisson, Mrozek, Alexander-Arnold, Chambers, Scanlon, Konate, McConnell, Szoboszlai, Gordon, Jota, Salah, Nunez

This is the team i'd go for, depending how Diaz is.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf