Author Topic: Half time: Luton 0-0 Liverpool  (Read 3172 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Half time: Luton 0-0 Liverpool
« Reply #40 on: November 5, 2023, 05:22:02 pm »
Very tight, narrow pitch and we have absolutely zero width which isn't helping. We've shown that we can pick them apart but I think we are getting a bit over excited at the number of opportunities they give us to win the ball back. We're just rushing things a bit too much. Would love to see Diaz on the left because we are screaming out for it but for obvious reasons I don't know how likely that is. Otherwise we just need to calm down and keep the ball.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 5, 2023, 05:22:03 pm »
Once again, shit opposition seem to be able to dig deep and raise their game against us. That said, we can and should be doing better.

Klopp will tweak things at half time, like he always does. We'll be fine. :thumbup
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: November 5, 2023, 05:22:05 pm »
It's day for running at them rather than long balls - because we've not been accurate enough. The Gravenberch run that ended in the Jota chance is the way forward. Need to get Diaz and Harvey on. 

We've just gotten dragged down into a dog fight now. Need to go at them.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: November 5, 2023, 05:22:10 pm »
Trent forcing it a bit.

Need to keep the ball and move them side to side. Too narrow currently which comes with right footers at left back.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #44 on: November 5, 2023, 05:22:29 pm »
Midfield has been largely awful.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #45 on: November 5, 2023, 05:22:50 pm »
We’ve been ok but can’t break down their defence. Their small pitch helps them to be compact. A bit better passing from us needed.

Sick listening to Carragher pretending that Luton have been the better team “Liverpool will be pleased to be going in a half-time 0-0”.

Where was the yellow for the deliberate hand-ball……….how on earth was that missed?

Keep the ball moving and they’ll start to get gassed and then we’ll get more space.
#JFT97

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #46 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:13 pm »
Placed some decent stuff but looks like we got frustrated as the half wore on. Just need to keep pushing and the better chances will come.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #47 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:33 pm »
Our midfields been poor - Szoboslai’s worst half of the season
It’s fine to hold the ball but when we get into the final third they’ve got to move it more quickly .. it’s so static

We don't have enough width though that's the problem. Luton have everyone back defending unless we have width where are we putting the ball that isn't going straight to a Luton boot?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #48 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:34 pm »
Klopp teams v low block teams = an awful watch. And that was.

It’s their cup final and they’re up for it; not sure we are atm.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #49 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:39 pm »
Didn't see the first 20 minutes but felt we have been a bit slow moving the ball about. Need to up the tempo a bit at times. No real threat from the left side with no diaz and robertson. Joe keeps cutting back onto his right.

We definitely do not want to give the crowd anything to cheer about as it feels like we are not quite on it at the moment

Anyway still another half to go and we are more than capable of fixing things.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #50 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:43 pm »
Tsimikas needs to come on at half time.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:48 pm »
We were slowly building pressure there so hopefully it continues and eventually tells, plenty of chances just so ruthlessness.

We could probably do with adding some width somewhere, either Diaz or Tsimikas, maybe get Trent to overlap a bit more.

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:50 pm »
It feels as though we aren’t using the width of the pitch enough, Gomez isn’t really an attacking left back. Id sub on Tzimikas.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #53 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:52 pm »
Fairly dismal half of football that....compounded by the shithousery and Dogs Of War Luton tactics been given a walkover by this useless twat of a ref.....how the fuck that bitter dog Barkely didn't get a yellow for the tackle on Jota is beyond me ... c*nt knew exactly what he was doing there....had no intention of going for the ball....

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #54 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:54 pm »
Midfield has been anonymous or poor (Mac). 

I'd like to see Tsimikas soon, not because Joe has been bad, but at least the Greek will put some crosses in from deep. 

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:54 pm »
We’ve played well but struggling to break down they low block. Missed a couple sitters too. Should be 2-0 by now.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 5, 2023, 05:24:12 pm »
OK first half. We have created good chances (thinking of Jota and Nunez) and that's promising. Either the early ball or the combinations that we saw there are the likely ways for us to score.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #57 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:06 pm »
 Very much in control, but all the play is in front of Luton. TAA needs to stay wide ands stop coming into the middle. Sadly Gomez is not an attacking FB, so offers nothing up the left. Diaz might be able to one-man army it, but this continuous low block on a tiny pitch is irksome. Too many players in the middle trying to pick passes through 10 men, width would sort this out.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #58 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:19 pm »
It’s mad how Macallister is being singled out when Szoboslai’s been much worse

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:20 pm »
Very tight, narrow pitch and we have absolutely zero width which isn't helping. We've shown that we can pick them apart but I think we are getting a bit over excited at the number of opportunities they give us to win the ball back. We're just rushing things a bit too much. Would love to see Diaz on the left because we are screaming out for it but for obvious reasons I don't know how likely that is. Otherwise we just need to calm down and keep the ball.

Yes, Dias would be a good candidate if he's mentally up for it.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:27 pm »
Need a bit more from Jota and Szobo, they’ve not really got involved so far.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:50 pm »
Sadly Gomez is not an attacking FB, so offers nothing up the left.

think he's pretty good on the right to be fair.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:57 pm »
Gomez deserves a start at CB, he’s not a LB to play against teams like these.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:18 pm »
An odd amount of bellying aching in here. I thought we were fine. They have raised their game, per normal. Jota should score there. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:23 pm »

I was about to say the same it's been Dom's worst performance so far.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #65 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:24 pm »
It's not great football but with a bit more composure it'd probably be 2-0 and game done.

We can not drop points here in any way, shape or form. It'd be hugely embarrassing.

Gomez has looked solid at left back but I'm wondering does he bring Tsimikas on for something else going forward. Could do with something from Dom.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #66 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:24 pm »
Salah has drifted more and more infield as the half has progressed. He was isolating their fullback more often early on.

We need more of that really. Isolate their fullbacks with more width and fizz some more balls along their back line.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Online Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:24 pm »
Not a great half really, we have to be better. Ref is shite as always. And 2 minutes added? One lad was down more than that alone. Not to disrespect Luton who have played out of their skin today, but we should be beating them. But we have been slow on the ball, making some bad decisions in attack and way to narrow. Gomez is doing well, but a lack of a left footed fullback is holding us back in attack. Still managed to create a few and Darwin had his massive miss already, but looked like our danger man.

Need to go out and do better. Anything less than 3 points is not really good enough to be fair. But its never easy against players who are treating this as the game of their lives. Watch them be shite against every other top team.

Just get the win!

Come on Liverpool! YNWA!!!

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #68 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:52 pm »
Although we haven’t been great worth pointing out they’ve created absolutely nothing .. and put a shit load into that half

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #69 on: November 5, 2023, 05:26:55 pm »
Maybe replace Nunez with Diaz and move Jota into the centre. The only reason for replacing Nunez is that Jota is better running into the box. Nunez hasn’t been bad but we need some width on the left.
#JFT97

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #70 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:03 pm »
We’ve been ok but can’t break down their defence. Their small pitch helps them to be compact. A bit better passing from us needed.

Sick listening to Carragher pretending that Luton have been the better team “Liverpool will be pleased to be going in a half-time 0-0”.

Where was the yellow for the deliberate hand-ball……….how on earth was that missed?

Keep the ball moving and they’ll start to get gassed and then we’ll get more space.

Watched it on a stream but that's nonsensical. We've had 74% possession and 11 shots to 4. They've had maybe 1 or 2 half chances at best but they're only really playing for free kicks when they get forward and have parked the bus.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:30 pm »

+1

absolutely. Dom has been far too safe. We need him and Grav to progress the ball forward

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:37 pm »
Every time he gets the ball the rest of the midfield seems to push up instead of staying tighter and playing some triangles.

Online Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:38 pm »
It was always going to be difficult here.Bring Diaz on and it'll come good in the second half, and we'll leave here with what we need.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:44 pm »

I'd like to see Tsimikas soon, not because Joe has been bad, but at least the Greek will put some crosses in from deep.

Dom has been worst than Mc Allister who has at least poked a couple of through balls through which were not taken by our front three.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #75 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:46 pm »

Saved me typing it
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 5, 2023, 05:27:56 pm »

And fall over all the time for no reason. No thank you.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #77 on: November 5, 2023, 05:28:08 pm »
Watched it on a stream but that's nonsensical. We've had 74% possession and 11 shots to 4. They've had maybe 1 or 2 half chances at best but they're only really playing for free kicks when they get forward and have parked the bus.

Carragher is on my stream, he has been a clown faced clown so far.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #78 on: November 5, 2023, 05:28:10 pm »
Haha! Did he actually say that?! Come on Jamie, two crap shots over the bar? Yeah, we’ve really been on the rack, clinging on!

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 5, 2023, 05:28:40 pm »
Maybe replace Nunez with Diaz and move Jota into the centre. The only reason for replacing Nunez is that Jota is better running into the box. Nunez hasn’t been bad but we need some width on the left.
Replace Nunez 😱