Author Topic: Carabau Cup 1/4 finals  (Read 3070 times)

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
Carabau Cup 1/4 finals
« on: November 1, 2023, 11:11:02 pm »
So we could have done worse than the Hammers at home.

I'm pleased to have avoided Everton, Newcastle & Chelsea.

Looking forward to this one !
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Re: Carabau Cup 1/4 finals
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2023, 11:13:39 pm »
I just wanted a home draw. Anyone would do. This fixture is sandwiched between United at Home and Arsenal at Home, so a home game was essential.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2023, 11:17:46 pm »
Middling draw, but the home fixture is excellent.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2023, 11:20:48 pm »
Pretty clear route to the finals here.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2023, 11:29:38 pm »
Not the best draw but could have been much worse.  Minimising travel at a really busy time is a bonus.  Assume West Ham will get the whole lower Anny Road which will cause more headaches for those on the Autocup who have seats there.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5 on: November 2, 2023, 07:08:55 am »
Hard draw, West Ham are a proper cup side. Still, not that many east draws at this stage
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2023, 07:12:05 am »
I’d expect WestHam to go full strength for this game

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2023, 08:02:27 am »
Who do West Ham have either side of the tie?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2023, 08:05:42 am »
Who do West Ham have either side of the tie?
Wolves then United both home

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: November 2, 2023, 08:10:07 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #10 on: November 2, 2023, 08:14:11 am »
Tough draw but it’s at home
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 2, 2023, 08:58:07 am »
Agree about a home draw being a big plus. After losing the Final last year, I think Newcastle will really fancy winning this this year, which is why I'd rather we didn't play them in the Final if possible. Maybe beating Chelsea or Newcastle in the semis before beating Boro in the Final is the ideal route.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #12 on: November 2, 2023, 09:06:23 am »
I want these new lads to taste victory at every opportunity and this cup is first on the line. West Ham could be tricky and I'm sure it won't be easy but atleast its at home

Do we know who we'll face in semis out of the winners if we get through?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 2, 2023, 09:08:46 am »
Tough draw but get through this and there is a 1/3 chance of playing a non Premier League side in the semis. This season is shaping up nicely.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: November 2, 2023, 09:09:17 am »
Have to think it'll be scheduled for the Weds evening with the games either side being Sun 1630 and Sat 1730.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 2, 2023, 09:11:40 am »
Have to think it'll be scheduled for the Weds evening with the games either side being Sun 1630 and Sat 1730.

Yes. Has to be Wednesday as WHU also play the previous Sunday.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2023, 09:40:28 am »
Hard draw, West Ham are a proper cup side. Still, not that many east draws at this stage

That's why we got WEST ham then

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2023, 11:25:36 am »
I actually expected a tougher game from West Ham than they gave us at Anfield recently. They're your typical midtable side who can have their good days and bad days, they've beaten some decent sides but they've lost games recently to the likes of Everton and Olympiakos, a David Moyes side is never going to be very good on a consistent basis. I'll take any help we can get though, hopefully they're struggling in the league and their European group has gone down to the wire before they see a trip to Anfield on the horizon. At home I'd fancy us to beat anyone in the world right now. Everyone will take it seriously given the sides left in it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2023, 11:29:55 am »
Tough draw but get through this and there is a 1/3 chance of playing a non Premier League side in the semis. This season is shaping up nicely.

Get through this and there is a 5/6 (83%) chance of facing a side from the bottom half of the PL or below.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2023, 11:41:50 am »
Get through this and there is a 5/6 (83%) chance of facing a side from the bottom half of the PL or below.
This was my first thought, and I am now on the horns of the dilemma of if being faithful to Kelleher is more important than the raised percentage chance of the win with Alisson.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2023, 11:51:46 am »
This was my first thought, and I am now on the horns of the dilemma of if being faithful to Kelleher is more important than the raised percentage chance of the win with Alisson.

He'll stick with Kelleher in the League Cup as he did a couple of years ago. Personally I'd play Alisson in every game because why not use the best goalkeeper around? Maybe I'm old fashioned though because I've never really got all the 'cup keeper' and 'has to play sometime' stuff  ;D

I don't really have a problem with Kelleher playing though, he's one of the stronger backup options you could have and it is nice to keep him satisfied with a bit more game time that he couldn't get last season with us going out of both cups early. For me though, it's just as much about who you play in front of him, if you make four changes and they're all young lads then it's obviously going to be a struggle against most sides, if you keep experienced leaders in there then it'll probably go a lot smoother. I'd go next to full strength against West Ham and hopefully do the same in a potential semi final/final.

In the European knockouts which you'd expect us to make, I'd certainly go back to Alisson though, would be foolish not to play some good European sides without your number one.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.