Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton. Premier League, Saturday the 21st October. Match Preview.  (Read 17594 times)

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Jota is available again and has hardly played for Portugal, so he's bound to start, but with Gakpo injured, I don't think we can rest both Diaz and Nunez.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Paul's working this Saturday so I've got to learn how to get the TV to the right channel for this. 

Since we bought this last TV it's so fucking complicated working out which remote to use, then how to navigate to IPTV, then find which channel is showing the game 🤦🤷

I might just listen to lfctv commentary on my phone 😂

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Paul's working this Saturday so I've got to learn how to get the TV to the right channel for this. 

Since we bought this last TV it's so fucking complicated working out which remote to use, then how to navigate to IPTV, then find which channel is showing the game 🤦🤷

Can't you get him to show you tonight and have a practice before the big day.

Also you can just stick it on that channel and leave it on when he goes out?

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't you get him to show you tonight and have a practice before the big day.

Also you can just stick it on that channel and leave it on when he goes out?

Yeah I think we're going to have a few trial runs although I'm used to missing us play now with me working Thursday nights and Sunday afternoons 🤦

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Of course. Dope.
Stop giving the GoT blerts ideas

It's inhalers, anyway
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Just had a peak at blueshite pre-match thoughts. Hurting our players seems high on the agenda, as well as snide comments about crumbling stadiums

Need to thrash these good and proper; I'll disappointed if we don't aim to put 4+ past them
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
Referee: Craig Pawson. Assistants: Marc Perry, Wade Smith. Fourth official: Thomas Bramall. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
VAR: David Coote.

;D Just taking the piss at this point. Free reign for horror tackles now, well for them anyway.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Ah yes, Coote against Everton. haven't been there before, now, have we?

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
Just had a peak at blueshite pre-match thoughts. Hurting our players seems high on the agenda, as well as snide comments about crumbling stadiums

Need to thrash these good and proper; I'll disappointed if we don't aim to put 4+ past them
Lovely bunch

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Think it’ll be a bit tighter due to us getting yet another early kick off on a Saturday, but a Liverpool in at least second gear puts this lot to the sword easily

Just a win, no suspensions or injuries will do nicely.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Follow us on RAWK we'll keep you up to date Debs.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
David Coote! On VAR! Everton at home! Inconceivable!

Imagine they'd just put Darren England on VAR again  :lmao :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
David Coote will be on VAR duty when Liverpool host Everton this weekend, having been at the centre of controversy in a Merseyside derby three seasons ago.

Coote was the VAR when Liverpool drew 2-2 with Everton at Goodison Park in October 2020, with the Reds demanding an investigation over two highly contentious decisions. Liverpool were not happy that Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford escaped punishment after a challenge on Virgil van Dijk.

It later emerged that Van Dijk had suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury and he was sidelined for over nine months. Liverpool were also unhappy after Jordan Henderson's late goal was disallowed when Sadio Mane was deemed to be offside.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
;D Just taking the piss at this point. Free reign for horror tackles now, well for them anyway.

Why are we even bothering playing in this league? We've no chance. Until PGMOL are taken down we're wasting our time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
Why are we even bothering playing in this league? We've no chance. Until PGMOL are taken down we're wasting our time.
Bring back the European Super League I say

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

We had the perfect opportunity to take down PGMOL but have just done what we did with Suarez threatened to do all kinds and then meekly backed down.

Until we actually make a stand then PGMOL will just walk all over us.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Well i'm looking forward to the 7.30 a.m start.
But....never gets old.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
We had the perfect opportunity to take down PGMOL but have just done what we did with Suarez threatened to do all kinds and then meekly backed down.

Until we actually make a stand then PGMOL will just walk all over us.

Exactly

What was the point of asking for the audio, what was the point of the club statement?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Follow us on RAWK we'll keep you up to date Debs.  :D

I do that even if we've got the game on Jill 😁

Offline red and white liz

• Anny Roader
Hiya, has everyone got their ticker in their wallet?  I still have the Euro ticket there in mine, meant to be gifting to my nephew.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
You would hope the SA lads are back tomorrow and can train Friday.

Should hopefully help with jet lag.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Hiya, has everyone got their ticker in their wallet?  I still have the Euro ticket there in mine, meant to be gifting to my nephew.
Go into the Pass Details and pull down to refresh, usually sorts it. Though they have had issues of previous games showing, right up to entry of games this season, I had it myself for the West Ham game still showing Aston Villa, steward at the turnstile just said it should still allow entry and it did.
AHA!

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Not looking forward to this, but for less reasons than usual. We are much better than them and, despite generally playing shite in these games and it being an early post-international start  ::) we should be beating them.

That only leaves the usual worry about which of our players will be crocked by them flying into every tackle and getting away with murder "because it's the derby".

Have to say, I'm mildly curious which if our players is getting sent off this week.  ???
Early money is on Tsimikas.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We need to treat them like they are, absolutely dogshit, no history, no theatrics just put them to the fucking sword.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
We need to treat them like they are, absolutely dogshit, no history, no theatrics just put them to the fucking sword.

I think it's exactly what we'll do. We'd been crap going into the last derby and won it comfortably, it was a changed centre half pairing with a struggling midfield bar Bajcetic and they hardly touched the ball again. Now we're in fine form, looking to explode again in front of goal and these are even worse. I think we'll be comfortable again and hopefully start another winning run.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
Bring back the European Super League I say

On a purely refereeing basis, it has merit. F**k PGMOL and the FA….
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
I've watched quite a bit of these this season as both my other half and her lads are bluenoses.

They generally play quite compact and narrow - Doucoure supporting their one striker which will likely be DCL but has been Beto earlier in the season as DCL has had injury problems.

Their midfield is one dimensional with only McNeil with some semblance of creativity. They are quite a big team across the park and because it's the derby will be quite physical i suspect.

There will be two ways they score against us, set pieces and malaise they can create in the box - and on the break over powering with running at us (the likes of Onana and Doucoure will have no problem shrugging McAllister off the ball were he to be playing) However their runners are not dynamic and break vertically - so would need that space to run into.

Here's the big thing with this Everton team, if we can score early - they will fold and quickly, they have a brittle mentality and only seem to have a bit of belief when they score, when the games going against them they bunker in and get picked off. Dyche doesn't really roll the dice, at most he'll change his 4-4-1-1 formation to a 4-4-2 if they go behind with two big men up top to lump the ball to.

Start the game fast, control the ball - let our quality show in the first 25 minutes get an early goal and this game is dust.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader

They're long overdue a massive hiding from us. Biggest margin we've beaten them by under Klopp was four goals and that was when they had 10 men on the field for most of the game. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap the Mane, Van Dijk & Origi late winners for an obliteration but I'd love to see us do them by a cricket score. It's been a privilege to watch us humble United on multiple occasions recently, but to see us do similar to Everton would be even more enjoyable for me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Jota and Mo to definitely start. Hopefully Darwin is ok. I think Diaz might be on the bench.

Wonder if Gravenberch or Endo start in place of Mac Allister this time. But then Jones is out too and you wouldn’t necessarily want 3 new signings with no Derby experience. And not sure if Harvey will be best for this one although sounded like he had a stormer for the U21s.

Obviously Robbo is out. Presumably Kostas plays but I suppose Gomez is an option there?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Jota and Mo to definitely start. Hopefully Darwin is ok. I think Diaz might be on the bench.

Wonder if Gravenberch or Endo start in place of Mac Allister this time. But then Jones is out too and you wouldn’t necessarily want 3 new signings with no Derby experience. And not sure if Harvey will be best for this one although sounded like he had a stormer for the U21s.

Obviously Robbo is out. Presumably Kostas plays but I suppose Gomez is an option there?

Endo/MacAllister/Szoboszlai would be ideal I think, plenty of technical ability and very combative, though Endo doesn't seem to be trusted to start in the league yet. Gravenberch maybe a shout too since he'll be well rested and will have had time to prepare, and he should hold up well against their inevitable aggression.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Exactly

What was the point of asking for the audio, what was the point of the club statement?

Just because you aren’t hearing anything publicly dies t mean the club are doing nothing.

Love to know how we’d ‘bring down PGMOL’ by the way.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Just need to win. Without context of league table, this is always our most important game of the season and the game I’d rank as 2nd in most I’d want to win every season (Goodison derby is 1st on that list).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think it's exactly what we'll do. We'd been crap going into the last derby and won it comfortably, it was a changed centre half pairing with a struggling midfield bar Bajcetic and they hardly touched the ball again. Now we're in fine form, looking to explode again in front of goal and these are even worse. I think we'll be comfortable again and hopefully start another winning run.

Yes we just need to avoid sinking to their level and getting involved in their shenanigans, they really are a poor team.

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I just want to score loads of goals. Amazing goals, tap ins, set piece goals, pace goals, and then loads of funny ones (even though they'll all be funny with that feckin eejit in goal).

Could be doing with a lift given the absolute shitshow that is real life at the moment. Up the reds. 
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
I just want to score loads of goals. Amazing goals, tap ins, set piece goals, pace goals, and then loads of funny ones (even though they'll all be funny with that feckin eejit in goal).

Could be doing with a lift given the absolute shitshow that is real life at the moment. Up the reds. 
Pace goals don't count.   :missus  ::)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Is Gakpo back ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Pace goals don't count.   :missus  ::)

Nah you've misread the Pickford Clause. All goals count against that flute, especially the pace ones. 
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!