Author Topic: PL: Brighton 2 v 2 Liverpool Adingra 21’ Salah 40’ 45’ Dunk 78’  (Read 23255 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool
PL Matchday 8
Sunday 8th October, 14h

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Craig Pawson
VAR: Chris Kavanagh. Assistant VAR: Matthew Wilkes.

Let the gat hum

Let's all please forget about the Spurs game. We'll be reminded of their incompetence and thinly veiled bias soon enough, possibly in this very upcoming match. But for now, let's just forget about it. There's a beast approaching. A giant monster is rumbling over the horizon, smashing buildings as it goes, getting angrier by the minute. This beast is threatening to rekindle fire in so many hearts where love of football has died down to a tiny smouldering amber. It's loud, wild and fucking fun. We need to greet it on arrival, climb on it's back and go. Ready yourself and look forward.

There is something about this new Liverpool, 2.0 or however you want to call it. Not only was it obvious to anyone watching before the last game, it was cemented, carved in stone, signed sealed and delivered in our first loss of the season. Strange, but that's exactly what has happened. We haven't looked as unbeatable in a long time as we did in that defeat. We haven't looked so focussed in a long time as in a game where everyone but our players seemingly lost their bloody minds. We were unmoved, relentless, focussed, new and hungry. It wasn't just the daylight robbery that had opposition fans and media nodding their heads in agreement with Liverpool's point of view (for 24h or so), it was the manner of our performance as well. It reminded me of... Shit, this might take a little detour to explain. Ok, give me a moment...

My wasted youth in the 90's was pretty deeply marked by discovery of punk music. Though I was never really a 'full kit wanker' punk, I was, as all 16 year olds are, very explicit about my music taste - looking down on anything and anyone coming from another hormone fueled and over-eager subculture. There was a silent bit of respect with metalheads or new wave/indie crew - the rest were just plebs, but none more so than those into hip hop. God bloody damn hip hop, the end days are near, burn it with fire and piss on its grave was the general attitude. So one day, outside the school, prime zone of walkman swapping and mixtape exchange, I walk up to some (punk first obviously) friends and two of them are sharing one headphone each, nodding heads together. 'You have to hear this man.' 'Oh yeah, is that Stooges bootleg?'. So I pop in the headphones and my ears and bones are filled with menacing 'Dummm dummm dum dumm' bass line of Cypress Hill 'Lick a shot'. It's relentless. It has venom, tempo, freshness. You can try to stop yourself, you can cover yourself in all The Exploited merch in the world to protect yourself from this hip hop devil - but your head will bounce to the beat. It can not be denied. It will not be denied. It's transcending drawers you want to put it in, it's breaking rules and making fun of expectations.

Well, that's how I feel watching this new team slowly spreading their wings. Whatever your current state of affairs with football in general, whichever team you support, we look primed to eventually steamroll everything, marching to our own beat. Once again - we are the party and we're coming to your town. Can't deny it, don't even try it.

Put me in chains, try to beat my brains. I can get out, but the grudge remains 

I do like Brighton. Well, they did profit on our crappy season in a big way, really hurting us repeatedly, but still... you have to respect what they are doing. They do transfers well, they play well, just a well operated club who is also having a good start to this season. They will find it bit harder this year, no longer coming out of the blue and suckerpunching everyone, also they have Europa to deal with - but I don't see them dropping off much, if anything they might get even better through experience of playing european football. De Zerbi is doing a fine job and we're in for a difficult game.

Much like us, they are going into this game looking to wash away the bad taste from their mouth. Aston Villa really took them apart and coming back to their home turf - they'll play with a chip on their shoulder. We should expect a fast start, be ready to soak it up and be lethal on the other end. Being hit with injuries and suspensions really doesn't help, but we have enough and we are equal measure hungry and angry. Perhaps we even get a rare game where referees aren't the main event - so we can all just focus on football and enjoy a good game.

We're probably lining up with Diaz, Nunez and Mo up top. Middle is up for grabs, I'll say it's likely Dom, McAli and Endo - but would not be surprised if Ryan starts. Defence is almost certainly Trent, Konate, Van Dijk, Robbo and Ali. That's a very strong team, that's a team that can do anything they want. So let's go out there and bring the party. There's no stopping this.

Points to take.
Points to prove.

« Last Edit: October 8, 2023, 03:38:24 pm by TepidT2O »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Brighton v Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2023, 01:57:17 pm »
Players are on the pitch and just about to shake hands - Lets go Reds

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2023, 02:00:53 pm »
0 We kick off after taking the knee - false start and now we're off

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2023, 02:04:23 pm »
3 Free kick to Brighton, Gross  takes and Virgil heads behind for a corner

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2023, 02:05:36 pm »
Not quite sure how they didn't score there.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2023, 02:06:31 pm »
4 Brighton try one off the training ground, nearly comes off Virgil gets it behind, second corner again it goes behind, Third time lucky, this time Virgil clears to Szoboszlai then Nunez wins a foul on the edge of their box

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2023, 02:07:30 pm »
6 Trent takes the free kick, straight into the wall

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2023, 02:07:42 pm »
Some very well coached corners there
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2023, 02:08:18 pm »
Some very well coached corners there
They very nearly caught us out both times

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2023, 02:11:12 pm »
10 Not a lot happening, we're starting to get a bit more possession, but Mo can't quite find Diaz who commits a foul

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2023, 02:11:15 pm »
We haven't got into our passing range yet especially when they are hemming us inside our box.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 8, 2023, 02:13:04 pm »
11 Brighton find some space down our left after a poor pass from Robertson, Matip clears up, Nunez wins a foul

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 8, 2023, 02:14:08 pm »
Taylor is giving every 50/50 to them right now
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2023, 02:14:22 pm »
13 Brighton look like they're going to break but Matip is in and gives away a free kick

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 8, 2023, 02:15:41 pm »
15 Over to Jill

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #16 on: October 8, 2023, 02:17:05 pm »
Nunez looks well off the pace so far
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 8, 2023, 02:17:14 pm »
15 Some good play from Van Dijk there in hitting it longer and it reaches Salah, but the Brighton defence nip in first to clear the ball.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 8, 2023, 02:17:26 pm »
When we have the ball it’s too deep…. Need to hold possession higher in their half … easier said than done I guess
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 8, 2023, 02:18:06 pm »
Taylor is giving every 50/50 to them right now
I think he's been ok so far, Nunez has been given free kicks and Mac Allister wasn't booked there which he could have been possibly if Taylor was feeling that way inclined

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 8, 2023, 02:18:30 pm »
17 Brighton get a free kick but this time they over play it and the ball goes out of play for a goal kick.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 8, 2023, 02:20:48 pm »
What a fuck up

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #22 on: October 8, 2023, 02:20:58 pm »
Oh my word, that’s like something from last season. Absolutely awful.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Brighton 1 v 0 Liverpool Adingra 21’
« Reply #23 on: October 8, 2023, 02:21:36 pm »
Oh my word, that’s like something from last season. Absolutely awful.
Pure 22-23 that urgh
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 8, 2023, 02:21:40 pm »
20 An awful mistake from Macca let's in Brighton a good goal to be fair. They have about three players around Macca at all times, it shows the problems we are having really well.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #25 on: October 8, 2023, 02:22:49 pm »
Pure 22-23 that urgh
Really need to wake up because it’s been utter shit so far.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 8, 2023, 02:24:04 pm »
22 We get a corner but they clear after a couple of goes. We are yet to really threaten their goal as of now.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 8, 2023, 02:24:34 pm »
We just seem so pedestrian, not enough urgency in our play, albeit they are very difficult to break down - how didi Villa do it?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 8, 2023, 02:25:06 pm »
23 That was slightly better than us, though Salah's ball drifts wide of the post.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 8, 2023, 02:26:08 pm »
20 An awful mistake from Macca let's in Brighton a good goal to be fair. They have about three players around Macca at all times, it shows the problems we are having really well.
Don't think it was a great ball from Virgil either

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #30 on: October 8, 2023, 02:26:20 pm »
We just seem so pedestrian, not enough urgency in our play, albeit they are very difficult to break down - how didi Villa do it?
Started the game with intensity, something we’ve been unable to do for most of the season. It’s becoming a major problem having to come from behind in practically every away game.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 8, 2023, 02:26:58 pm »
25 Brighton have been quicker to the ball and they have been into their passing game much better than we are. Even when we manage to string some passes together we end with a disappointing ball, such as there with Trent over hitting it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 8, 2023, 02:28:50 pm »
27 Brighton get a second corner after Trent clears the ball. The second corner is hit long but there is no red shirt there.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2023, 02:29:27 pm »
Created nearly nothing so far.  Which is more 22-23 than even the goal
W

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 8, 2023, 02:29:40 pm »
That's terrible. Just terrible.

we look well off the pace, midfield just isn't linking with the forwards.

Elliot hardly had a touch
Our whole midfield are off it, even Dom

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 8, 2023, 02:30:28 pm »
29 Surely there are going to have to be changes. We lose the ball on the left and Brighton just drive through us like there is no one there!

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #36 on: October 8, 2023, 02:30:43 pm »
It’s definitely vying with wolves for worst first half of the season.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 8, 2023, 02:30:57 pm »
Where has this seasons Liverpool gone and can we have them back (quickly) please

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: October 8, 2023, 02:31:41 pm »
He’s just run 70 yards without a single bit of pressure.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 8, 2023, 02:31:53 pm »
30 I would love to describe a good move by us but it's all Brighton at the moment. Hopefully Sir Bob will bring us a change of fortune.