Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 381518 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
They didnt get a kick till we went down to 10. Palace at home against 10 in a night game is a recipe for trouble. We did great to hold on to the win in the end.
Yea I agree with that but not too much created before. I was confused why Arteta didn't sub earlier to try and relieve some of the pressure.
Like if Palace drew considering the red card I dont think it would been like super unfair.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Arteta just isn't likeable is he. Heard him after last night's game re red card. He was giving his answer by not giving an answer ::)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Is that the worst kit in PL history?

Are those high vis vests for stewards some standard colour? If not I want one club to have greenish ones and we might get another pass to a steward situation by an Arsenal player... :D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
As soon as Arsenal scored they went into mega-timewasting mode. Brutally cynical from Arteta.

Felt that Tomiyasu was unlucky to be punished specifically because Ramsdale is a much bigger timewaster and Tomiyasu's second foul was barely a foul, but it's far better that an outfield player (much more likely to get a second yellow) is booked for timewasting.

Mind you, they should have punished them both.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Is that the worst kit in PL history?

Absolutely shocking. Saw a clip of them playing us in the 80s recently, classic Arsenal away (yellow with navy sleeves and shorts) and thought what a classy change kit.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Rice showed yesterday what a massive upgrade on Partey he is, Havertz for xhaka is still a problem though

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Rice showed yesterday what a massive upgrade on Partey he is, Havertz for xhaka is still a problem though

He did look very good. Agreed with Havertz though, I just don’t think he’s got it

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
He did look very good. Agreed with Havertz though, I just don’t think he’s got it

Caicedo wouldve been the ideal xhaka replacement, i dont think hes a holding midfielder in the rice mode and wouldve worked great alongside him.
In the big away games we ll probably play both rice and partey in midfield and go a bit more cautious, but havertz as an all action midfielder hes just not strong enough physically, for now at least.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Rice is a very good player, though not dynamic enough to be a great one. But he needs to lose his inferiority complex to realise the potential he has. Last night he was 'shy' and played as if he thought he didn't really belong in the Arsenal team. It was a bit like the interview he gave when he first arrived and he gushed about how different everything was and how little he knew about football. That's the sort of thing you might hear from an 18 year-old not a seasoned international. I'm sure he'll get over that and settle down a bit. But will he ever be the fulcrum that Arsenal need in the middle? Something radical will have to happen to his game (and his personality) if he is to become that. He's not Bellingham, that's for sure. I suspect he's not a Szoboszlai either, from the little we've seen of our man.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Re Havertz as an 8. Feels to me like he’s got a great engine on him and can press very, very well. He’s technically good and makes good late runs into the box. He’s much more of an 8 than a true no. 9. I quite like it and wouldn’t be too concerned if I were an Arsenal fan.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I don't see it with Havertz in that position, feels similar to Gakpo playing it for us.  Difference is that Gakpo is actually good as a false 9, Havertz is just such a wishy washy player.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Rice is a very good player, though not dynamic enough to be a great one. But he needs to lose his inferiority complex to realise the potential he has. Last night he was 'shy' and played as if he thought he didn't really belong in the Arsenal team. It was a bit like the interview he gave when he first arrived and he gushed about how different everything was and how little he knew about football. That's the sort of thing you might hear from an 18 year-old not a seasoned international. I'm sure he'll get over that and settle down a bit. But will he ever be the fulcrum that Arsenal need in the middle? Something radical will have to happen to his game (and his personality) if he is to become that. He's not Bellingham, that's for sure. I suspect he's not a Szoboszlai either, from the little we've seen of our man.

I thought he stepped up yesterday and took control of the game, also it was the first time his teammates actually looked for him and trusted him with the ball, and that will get better with time.
I dont think we want him to be a bellingham, more of a roy keane, main attributes being defensive midfield and leadership. He doesnt have the ability to be a match winner, weve got other players to do that.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Re Havertz as an 8. Feels to me like he’s got a great engine on him and can press very, very well. He’s technically good and makes good late runs into the box. He’s much more of an 8 than a true no. 9. I quite like it and wouldn’t be too concerned if I were an Arsenal fan.

I must have been watching a different player so far, hes done none of the above.

Its only 2/3 games and would be stupid to jump to conclusions, but at the moment hes not offering much. Though unlike Mount at man utd, weve won every game Havertz has played so he ll be under less pressure for now.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I don't see it with Havertz in that position, feels similar to Gakpo playing it for us.  Difference is that Gakpo is actually good as a false 9, Havertz is just such a wishy washy player.

Wishy washy describes him well, although maybe its the position, i saw Gakpo at chelsea, mount in every game and havertz so far, all look like the game is passing them by.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
I thought he stepped up yesterday and took control of the game, also it was the first time his teammates actually looked for him and trusted him with the ball, and that will get better with time.
I dont think we want him to be a bellingham, more of a roy keane, main attributes being defensive midfield and leadership. He doesnt have the ability to be a match winner, weve got other players to do that.

I thought he did the opposite after your full back got sent off. Rice disappeared in a sense. It was interesting that Odegaard had to keep pointing to him to tell him where to go.

I doubt you saw how Liverpool reacted after losing Mac Allister at a similar point in the game. We didn't retreat and try and protect what we had. We went for a third (which we got) and a fourth (which we didn't). And talk of "stepping up", that is exactly what Szobozslai did. He went up a couple of gears in a way I've never seen Rice do, even in his pomp at West Ham. I'm not saying he won't be able to do it, but he'll need to radically change his game and his mind if he's to manage it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
There's a difference between going down to 10 men at home to Bournemouth compared to away at Palace though.  They have a unique atmosphere, it's a London derby, they're a better team - way more pressure.  Arsenal were just lucky it was against a team whose manager doesn't know how to coach attacking football.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
There's a difference between going down to 10 men at home to Bournemouth compared to away at Palace though.  They have a unique atmosphere, it's a London derby, they're a better team - way more pressure.  Arsenal were just lucky it was against a team whose manager doesn't know how to coach attacking football.

Don't you want it both ways there? A better team who haven't been coached to attack?

I accept what you say about the home atmosphere, but you'll probably agree with me that us losing Mac Allister was a bigger blow than Arsenal losing a very ineffectual left back.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Don't you want it both ways there? A better team who haven't been coached to attack?

I accept what you say about the home atmosphere, but you'll probably agree with me that us losing Mac Allister was a bigger blow than Arsenal losing a very ineffectual left back.

Yeah absolutely on the players that saw red, he was the last player we could afford to lose.  Think if both teams were drawing at the time, we'd have had a much easier time getting a goal at home against Bournemouth compared to Arsenal trying to break down a team that's set up primarily to defend in Palace.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
No one likes a team that wins most weeks.
I think it's more the time wasting, the faking injuries, the diving, the gamesmanship, the over celebrating every decision, every player acting like a mini guardiola with the excessive hand waving, gesturing and grimacing and the manager being a lego headed fuckstick. But yeah it could be the winning thing.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
I think it's more the time wasting, the faking injuries, the diving, the gamesmanship, the over celebrating every decision, every player acting like a mini guardiola with the excessive hand waving, gesturing and grimacing and the manager being a lego headed fuckstick. But yeah it could be the winning thing.
100% this.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Yeh but if we were doing that and losing you wouldn’t have as much of a problem with it. Winning definitely makes it worse.

I definitely love seeing our players celebrate wins. There was a time when they just jog around, get beat easily, and then people complained that they don’t care.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 01:29:41 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
There was a time when they just jog around, get beat easily, and then people complained that they don’t care.

I think that was the problem at the end of last season when you blew it. Everything seemed so.....lackadaisical. Criminal really since you had Man City by the balls at the time.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I think that was the problem at the end of last season when you blew it. Everything seemed so.....lackadaisical. Criminal really since you had Man City by the balls at the time.

No last season we were superb, team gave everything, thats why the feel good factor has continued this season.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

Needs a trigger warning, that does. People might be eating; small children might be in the room. Or someone could be enjoying a happy, peaceful fuckwit-less day. And then to suddenly see that disgusting gobshite on the screen...

This needs to be made into a law
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Needs a trigger warning, that does. People might be eating; small children might be in the room. Or someone could be enjoying a happy, peaceful fuckwit-less day. And then to suddenly see that disgusting gobshite on the screen...

This needs to be made into a law
The Commissioner of PL Celebration Police really does spoil everyone's day.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
No last season we were superb, team gave everything, thats why the feel good factor has continued this season.
And then you choked with seemingly both hands on the Premier League trophy.

Abu Dhabi are massive cheats, but you still should have beat them to the title with the lead you had.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Arteta continues to audition to be the budget pep.

Imagine publicly saying the ball was held for 3 seconds when it was 23, what a dick.

He’s gutted Arsenals spoil tactics are rumbled for sure.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Yeh but if we were doing that and losing you wouldn’t have as much of a problem with it. Winning definitely makes it worse.

I definitely love seeing our players celebrate wins. There was a time when they just jog around, get beat easily, and then people complained that they don’t care.
Fair play for admitting your team is full of c*nts  :thumbup

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Arteta continues to audition to be the budget pep.

Imagine publicly saying the ball was held for 3 seconds when it was 23, what a dick.

He’s gutted Arsenals spoil tactics are rumbled for sure.
Fake news.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

They’re back to celebrating at the final whistle as if they’re about to clinch the title. They’ve started very early this year. Second game I’d the season.

At least they waited til December last year and then choked in the most spectacular fashion in Premier League history.

“Feel good factor” indeed, emptying stadiums once the slightest bit of adversity comes. Bridesmaids club.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fake news.

Nope, Havertz had it 15 seconds, Tomiyasu 8 seconds = ta da 23 seconds.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nope, Havertz had it 15 seconds, Tomiyasu 8 seconds = ta da 23 seconds.
https://youtu.be/vWWeL1KAUSU?t=99

Here's the full quote and context of the conversation.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1692095741374705881

> JamesGreenInUK: “Timber walked away [after his injury], he was still walking the next day, which is really rare for an ACL injury. The club are saying it’s just a tear in his ACL, there’s no further damage to his knee, it’s not as severe an ACL injury as it could’ve been.”

"just"? tear and rupture are the same thing.
Sounds like there is no damage to the MCL or other ligaments and that the meniscus is all fine.

So they should see him back before the end of the season if all goes well
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Not available in the UK although I'm unsure what it's going to show me.

My point remains, he's a pep clone and his "dark arts" have been found out.

One of my favourite videos was where he offered to take a picture of the family of a new signing or something, to treasure the day.. Ahaha pepsportwashing FC's PR playbook right there.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Should work with US VPN.

I think it's Sky's coverage. Post match interview.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
They’re back to celebrating at the final whistle as if they’re about to clinch the title. They’ve started very early this year. Second game I’d the season.

At least they waited til December last year and then choked in the most spectacular fashion in Premier League history.

“Feel good factor” indeed, emptying stadiums once the slightest bit of adversity comes. Bridesmaids club.

You're right in what you say, and celebrating so much and being so invested emotionally is almost impossible to sustain throughout a full season, especially with all the other cup games and Champions League football. You can't even fake the emotion for that long if you tried to.

They're obviously a really good side and I don't discount that, but fuck me they're up themselves a bit and their dark arts and timewasting hasn't just started and now people are becoming more aware of it. They won't stay the course, they'll look good until a point and then it'll all get too much and they'll flunk it. Not only that, scar tissue can be a hell of a thing to overcome.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
Opposition fans will always find some thing to moan about with rival clubs.

Believe it or not, there's lots out there moan similarly about Klopp and Liverpool.

Just the nature of the beast.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Opposition fans will always find some thing to moan about with rival clubs.

Believe it or not, there's lots out there moan similarly about Klopp and Liverpool.

Just the nature of the beast.

Yup, if Klopp had gone to Utd when they were courting him and behaved the exact same way he has with us, there would be loads on here who would absolutely hate him.