Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 668451 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #5800 on: November 3, 2019, 11:13:00 pm »
It doesn't matter if its an accident, if you break someone's leg or ankle and don't get sent off, the other team are going to try and do the same to you. Same thing happened with Shawcross/Ramsey. That ref Atkinson is an idiot but he saved Son from getting a revenge-style injury there.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5801 on: November 3, 2019, 11:15:22 pm »
It doesn't matter if its an accident, if you break someone's leg or ankle and don't get sent off, the other team are going to try and do the same to you. Same thing happened with Shawcross/Ramsey. That ref Atkinson is an idiot but he saved Son from getting a revenge-style injury there.
What?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5802 on: November 3, 2019, 11:17:03 pm »
What?

It was absolutely clear form the everton players reactions that they didn’t blame him.  There was clearly no malice at all.

Son couldn’t have continued anyway.  He was broken..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5803 on: November 3, 2019, 11:17:15 pm »

I don't think he sent him off to protect him.

Regardless, Son didn't look like he was in a fit state to continue anyway.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5804 on: November 3, 2019, 11:17:49 pm »

That is some insanely twisted logic
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5805 on: November 3, 2019, 11:20:04 pm »

Remember when Frank Lampard broke Alonso's ankle? Did any Liverpool players try to break Lampard's after that?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #5806 on: November 3, 2019, 11:22:21 pm »

I doubt they will worry about the ban, I think he needs a week or two off now
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5807 on: November 3, 2019, 11:24:43 pm »
If I was out there and saw that sickening injury it’d probably put me off putting in any challenges altogether.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #5808 on: November 3, 2019, 11:36:09 pm »
What?

It was absolutely clear form the everton players reactions that they didn’t blame him.  There was clearly no malice at all.

Son couldn’t have continued anyway.  He was broken..
Apart from Lucas Digne. Watch the replays; he's begging Atkinson to send him off.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5809 on: November 3, 2019, 11:38:30 pm »
Apart from Lucas Digne. Watch the replays; he's begging Atkinson to send him off.

That's just a hangover from his Barcelona days.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5810 on: November 4, 2019, 01:35:52 am »
Remember when Frank Lampard broke Alonso's ankle? Did any Liverpool players try to break Lampard's after that?
I remember someone from Napoli jumping into Matip after the final whistle at Anfield last season and breaking his collarbone, this stupid stuff happens in football.

Also, Funes Mori's tackle on Origi and he went off kissing the badge and waving to their fans. As I said, doesn't matter if it was an accident, sometimes fans/players want blood.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 01:39:11 am by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5811 on: November 4, 2019, 04:39:46 pm »
I remember someone from Napoli jumping into Matip after the final whistle at Anfield last season and breaking his collarbone, this stupid stuff happens in football.

Also, Funes Mori's tackle on Origi and he went off kissing the badge and waving to their fans. As I said, doesn't matter if it was an accident, sometimes fans/players want blood.
Yeah, all that might be relevant if a) if it were Son that did the damage, and b)if it were a nasty and cynical tackle, like a two footed lunge going in to do the player, and c)if it were between two groups of fans that hate each other or if it were a derby or something. None of that applies here. It was a freak incident. Atkinson's a reactionary cock that makes up the rules depending on what mood he's in.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5812 on: November 4, 2019, 05:45:24 pm »

Coming out of the ground afterwards he still looked distraught. Spurs are away in the CL on wednesday to Red Star, be interesting to see if Son travels for that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5813 on: November 4, 2019, 05:48:37 pm »
Coming out of the ground afterwards he still looked distraught. Spurs are away in the CL on wednesday to Red Star, be interesting to see if Son travels for that.

Might feel better knowing that the surgery went well.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5814 on: November 4, 2019, 06:54:50 pm »

How many liverpool players tried to break an Everton player after that Origi incident? Or do you believe they only try to get revenge on the culprit?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5815 on: November 10, 2019, 10:26:48 pm »
You heard it here first!

The so called TAA handball is a stonewall penalty and the Silva hand ball which actually diverted the ball back into the box won't even be considered during the analysis. Also the Salah goal was offside too.

Oh, and they dominated possession with 55%.
 ::)
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #5816 on: November 10, 2019, 10:34:29 pm »
What was that montage based on?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5817 on: November 10, 2019, 10:39:31 pm »
Talk about aiming for the penalty spot with a cross.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5818 on: November 10, 2019, 10:42:33 pm »
Nice dive that by Mane

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5819 on: November 10, 2019, 10:42:38 pm »
Backwards pass from Henderson there

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5820 on: November 10, 2019, 10:49:43 pm »
Shearer: 'What do you want from the perfect milf'

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5821 on: November 10, 2019, 10:50:17 pm »

I heard that :lmao

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5822 on: November 10, 2019, 10:50:20 pm »
Did my ears deceive me or did Shearer nearly say "what do want from the perfect Milf" ?? instead of midfielder ?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: November 10, 2019, 10:50:56 pm »

haha beat me to it go on Crouch pull him on it

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5824 on: November 10, 2019, 10:53:46 pm »
I forgot whole watching it earlier, the crowd in the Kenny after Henderson closed down City and they kicked it into touch celebrated more than for the third goal  :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #5825 on: November 10, 2019, 10:56:31 pm »
Pretty fair by MotD this week. No penalty because of Silva, but no break and goal because of TAA.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5826 on: November 10, 2019, 10:57:41 pm »
Shearer raised some good questions there, what DO I want from the perfect milf?
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #5827 on: November 10, 2019, 10:58:34 pm »
God, James flopping again. Didn't even think it was a free.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5828 on: November 10, 2019, 10:59:48 pm »
Shearer and Crouch in the analysis room before the show.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5829 on: November 10, 2019, 11:00:28 pm »

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5830 on: November 10, 2019, 11:06:46 pm »
Solskjaer been reading GOT reckons the table doesnt matter at this time of the season  :lmao :lmao :lmao
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5831 on: November 10, 2019, 11:10:09 pm »
You heard it here first!

The so called TAA handball is a stonewall penalty and the Silva hand ball which actually diverted the ball back into the box won't even be considered during the analysis. Also the Salah goal was offside too.

If Silva's handball doesn't come into consideration then surely there should be outrage from the pundits that the ref and var missed that obvious handball, I won't hold my breath waiting for it.  ::)

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5832 on: November 10, 2019, 11:12:17 pm »
Did Shearer just make a clever point or was it just an accident?
Silvas handball wasn't taken into consideration cause no goal came from it but would have been if it also created a goal scoring opportunity?
So if Oliver or VAR decided arm in unnatural position,  Penalty, Silvas handball has now created a goal scoring opportunity, so no penalty?
Or he may have just been bumbling along without realizing what the goal scoring opportunity would of meant?
Really pleased it's caused Pep to have a breakdown & the saltyness in tasty.
As for Company, show some dignity when doing the pundit bit, couldn't shut the dick up. Just wanted Souey to remind him of his tackle on Salah last year.
Fucking great win, shame its 2 weeks of international shite now. 
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5833 on: November 11, 2019, 07:58:11 am »
Did Shearer just make a clever point or was it just an accident?
Silvas handball wasn't taken into consideration cause no goal came from it but would have been if it also created a goal scoring opportunity?
So if Oliver or VAR decided arm in unnatural position,  Penalty, Silvas handball has now created a goal scoring opportunity, so no penalty?
Or he may have just been bumbling along without realizing what the goal scoring opportunity would of meant?
Really pleased it's caused Pep to have a breakdown & the saltyness in tasty.
As for Company, show some dignity when doing the pundit bit, couldn't shut the dick up. Just wanted Souey to remind him of his tackle on Salah last year.
Fucking great win, shame its 2 weeks of international shite now.

Its absolute nonsense isn't it? What I actually think happened in reality is that Oliver probably didn't see the first handball from Silva, but he did see the Trent handball. Being a pragmatic referee he's decided it isn't a deliberate handball because firstly its not like his hands are above his head or anything, they are pretty much by his side and secondly the ball has been driven at him, you know at the sort of pace that you could probably punch a football. When its gone to VAR, I think they did consider the Trent handball under the 'new rules' whatever they are this week, but then saw the Silva handball and they thought shit that should be a Liverpool free kick but we can't call it back because they've gone on to score. So they now justify the no-penalty decision with the natural hand position, which I actually think is a reasonable call but they now come out with this nonsense about the Silva handball because it would have meant calling the play back for a Liverpool free kick when they'd actually scored which would be fucking stupid.

They've actually got it right but the way that they seem to be making rules up Wallace and Gromit track-laying style is making them look foolish, its as if they are trying to come up with a process to fit in with a series a still photos taken during the game rather than taking account of the dynamics of the game. They should really be applying the 'advantage' rule in these circumstances rather than making random shit up about the Silva handball not being considered.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:06:51 am by Yosser0_0 »
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5834 on: November 11, 2019, 09:38:50 am »
Those saying his hand is in an unnatural position need to look at Aguero. He’s doing a similar stop-adjustment to Trent and his right arm is in the exact same position. In the other Trent incident, if his arm is removed, the shot hits his body - it’s also a foot away.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #5835 on: November 11, 2019, 10:31:17 am »
Those saying his hand is in an unnatural position need to look at Aguero. He’s doing a similar stop-adjustment to Trent and his right arm is in the exact same position.
That’s an excellent point.

Shearer’s a good pundit now; he’s certainly closer to the truth than any of the fools droning on on Sky after the game.  What a downer those guys were.  Also, the giddy Shearer afterwards who laughed through the compilation of our best bits is quietly one of my favourite people on football TV.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5836 on: November 11, 2019, 10:38:52 am »

Shearer’s a good pundit now; he’s certainly closer to the truth than any of the fools droning on on Sky after the game.  What a downer those guys were.  Also, the giddy Shearer afterwards who laughed through the compilation of our best bits is quietly one of my favourite people on football TV.

:shocked

He's shit

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #5837 on: November 11, 2019, 01:07:02 pm »

I took genuine pleasure in the after game love-in directed towards us by the team of three Sunday night. They were marvelling at the beauty of the passing and the very high standard of play that is rarely allowed as it comes across as bias if all are in agreement. They were of course also seeing it for what it was, a magnificent display. Credit to Chapman for managing that as a redmanc.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5838 on: November 11, 2019, 01:10:15 pm »
:shocked

He's shit

I think he is one that has benefited from the bar being steadily lowered by some of the fuckwits they get on these shows as pundits, he can be shit at times and okay at others, but that's a big step up from most of the pundits they get on there these days.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5839 on: November 11, 2019, 03:23:27 pm »
Its absolute nonsense isn't it? What I actually think happened in reality is that Oliver probably didn't see the first handball from Silva, but he did see the Trent handball. Being a pragmatic referee he's decided it isn't a deliberate handball because firstly its not like his hands are above his head or anything, they are pretty much by his side and secondly the ball has been driven at him, you know at the sort of pace that you could probably punch a football. When its gone to VAR, I think they did consider the Trent handball under the 'new rules' whatever they are this week, but then saw the Silva handball and they thought shit that should be a Liverpool free kick but we can't call it back because they've gone on to score. So they now justify the no-penalty decision with the natural hand position, which I actually think is a reasonable call but they now come out with this nonsense about the Silva handball because it would have meant calling the play back for a Liverpool free kick when they'd actually scored which would be fucking stupid.

They've actually got it right but the way that they seem to be making rules up Wallace and Gromit track-laying style is making them look foolish, its as if they are trying to come up with a process to fit in with a series a still photos taken during the game rather than taking account of the dynamics of the game. They should really be applying the 'advantage' rule in these circumstances rather than making random shit up about the Silva handball not being considered.

Spot on..