Author Topic: Liverpool vs Sheffield United (Premier League) - 19:30, Thursday 4th April  (Read 15369 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
I thought the same as you Schmarn, bench for Palace at best. Endo sounds like he will be rested tonight to ensure he is OK for Sunday despite Jurgen not wanting to say that!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I thought the same as you Schmarn, bench for Palace at best. Endo sounds like he will be rested tonight to ensure he is OK for Sunday despite Jurgen not wanting to say that!

I think he'll be rested tonight either way mate.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
I think he'll be rested tonight either way mate.

Think Klopp will insist they all rest tonight
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Think Klopp will insist they all rest tonight

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

*Knock Knock*

"Who's there?"

"No one, we're all resting tonight."

"Oh fuck off!"

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If we can't rotate at Anfield, against the worst team in the league, and 3 days before we go to Old Trafford where we lost a few weeks ago because we ran out of steam in the final 20 minutes, then we can never rotate. I'd go for this myself. Aim to get Konate off early so he can start on Sunday too.

Kelleher

Gomez          Quansah          Konate          Tsimikas

Elliott           Mac Allister        Gravenberch

Salah          Nunez          Gakpo

Subs: Adrian, Bradley, Robertson, van Djik, Endo, Jones, Szoboszlai, Diaz, Danns

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Question. If we're comfortably up, say 3-0, with 20 minutes to go do we a) Go easy and save our strength b) Become gung-ho and try to maximise our goal difference?

Put Gomez up front and hope for the best!

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
No one knows how this season is going to end, as for pissing me off we need better referees but it's pointless going on about something you have no control over. I've had a bad enough day as it is, so I certainly won't be thinking about referees today or tomorrow.  :D

PGMOL are odds on to fuck us over at least once more in the run in. Bent bastards can't help themselves.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
PGMOL are odds on to fuck us over at least once more in the run in. Bent bastards can't help themselves.

We are currently top, despite all our set backs and endless injuries. If they are really trying to stop us winning the league they are doing a pathetic job of it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
We are currently top, despite all our set backs and endless injuries. If they are really trying to stop us winning the league they are doing a pathetic job of it.
they can always improve.  :)

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Not really Jill for me, on the contrary, it's rather us doing a fantastic job in the face of that.

They have denied us a goal and possibly points with the Diaz fiasco, denied us a last second nailed on pen against city (6 point swing!); so I would say it's us that are doing a great job of continuing to score goals and win games. We don't score against city and have that pen denied it's a 0-1 loss and 6 point swing, we don't score against spurs, same again, etc, etc.

The fact we are doing so well in the face of such shocking decisions is a testament to how incredible Klopp and the team are doing. We can only hope that continues, as like others have said, we will need them to do that.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Haha some of you seem to have been watching a different club to me.

Sheffield could have lost their last three games 10-0, have an unprecedented injury list and not won at Anfield since 1762, but they'll still find some scintillating counter-attacking form, the second string goalie will have the game of his life, a goalless-in-15 Rhian Brewster will open the scoring after 6 minutes and we'll have to turn it around nervily in the second half, despite a valid goal being chalked off by VAR. It'll be 3-1 at the most.

This guy knows.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
It's a three-horse race at the top...

I noticed......  ;D
But when people talk about GD its mainly in fear of Arsenal's right? Thats why i focused on them but i dont think it will matter in the end anyway as mentioned

Endo and Nunez need to avoid 2 yellow cards in 3 games. SU, MU and Palace. SU is our 30th game. The reset is after game 32.

yeah i think/hope this "knock" for Endo is a bit of a lie for this reason...when i saw he had 8 on the weekend i started to get worried!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Not really Jill for me, on the contrary, it's rather us doing a fantastic job in the face of that.

They have denied us a goal and possibly points with the Diaz fiasco, denied us a last second nailed on pen against city (6 point swing!); so I would say it's us that are doing a great job of continuing to score goals and win games. We don't score against city and have that pen denied it's a 0-1 loss and 6 point swing, we don't score against spurs, same again, etc, etc.

The fact we are doing so well in the face of such shocking decisions is a testament to how incredible Klopp and the team are doing. We can only hope that continues, as like others have said, we will need them to do that.

I am not getting in a discussion about this, if people such as yourselves want to think this fine. But I just want to enjoy the last games of Klopp's time here. I can't believe that people seem to want to chat more about referees than they do this fantastic team. It won't always be this good and we need to make the most of it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
I noticed......  ;D
But when people talk about GD its mainly in fear of Arsenal's right? Thats why i focused on them but i dont think it will matter in the end anyway as mentioned

yeah i think/hope this "knock" for Endo is a bit of a lie for this reason...when i saw he had 8 on the weekend i started to get worried!

For me, if it comes down to GD it's more likely between us and abu dhabi. Since Arsenal has to gain points on us and lose a lot of GD while doing so, abu dhabi on the other hand would have to gain 3 points and add GD while doing so. However unlikely, GD may come on to play in this three horse race. With that said, we all have our memories of that Crystal Palace debacle and can probably agree that chasing GD is not something you do, it's just nice if it happens.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
kelleher

bradley quansah virg kostas

elliot macca grav

salah cody sobo

people laughed at my lineup then they realised endo wouldnt play because he has a knock

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
people laughed at my lineup then they realised endo wouldnt play because he has a knock

Not I - I was confused by your lineup because you had Szoboslai starting on the wing AND Cody starting AND elliot starting.* Not the lack of Endo.

*I could see both Cody and Elliot starting. But Elliot in midfield with Szob and Mac (or Jones), and Cody with Mo and Nunez.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 06:54:47 pm by newterp »

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think

Can't speak for the people, but the exclusion of Endo isn't why I think that lineup is unlikely.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
With Nunez and Endo one booking away from a suspension I wouldn’t have either starting. So either Mac Allister or Gomez at 6, maybe give gravenberch a start with Szoboszlai, Gakpo to get a goal and boost his confidence, Diaz and Salah. Bradley, Konate, VVD and Robbo at the back.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think it's that pathetic a job of it. We should be six or seven points clear. We only have to lose the league by one point.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
With Nunez and Endo one booking away from a suspension I wouldn’t have either starting. So either Mac Allister or Gomez at 6, maybe give gravenberch a start with Szoboszlai, Gakpo to get a goal and boost his confidence, Diaz and Salah. Bradley, Konate, VVD and Robbo at the back.

2 bookings away.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
When does the ban for 10 bookings stop being implemented?
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
When does the ban for 10 bookings stop being implemented?

After 32 games, I think.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Does this Arsenal result if it stays as it is, take GD out of the equation?
They are on +8 now.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
They are on +8 now.

It’s not insurmountable.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
The order of priorities, to give us the best chance of winning the league:

1. Three points
2. Shuffle the pack if the game is put to bed, to get some minutes and rhythm into legs, as the squad will be needed for the run in
3. Goal difference

Chasing goal difference is not the objective, but if the other two priorities are sorted and the going is good, and we are able to pile on a few goals, great. Still, if we win the next nine league games 1-0, I will take that, too!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
They are on +8 now.

Not really still quite a few games to play. But it’s still very rare for a title to be decided on GD. I wouldn’t like to think when and who the last one involved
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
If tonight’s teams are anything to go by, we will likely make a few changes as well.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
They are on +8 now.

Not if we win by say 3 or more tomorrow. Then again, it’ll only matter if we drop 2 points and they win the rest so in theory to get to a point where it comes to GD, it’s probable (but not certain) that there’s would still be better.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
Not I - I was confused by your lineup because you had Szoboslai starting on the wing AND Cody starting AND elliot starting.* Not the lack of Endo.

*I could see both Cody and Elliot starting. But Elliot in midfield with Szob and Mac (or Jones), and Cody with Mo and Nunez.

sobo played left wing for red bull last season

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
sobo played left wing for red bull last season

Sure - but he's not going to do it tomorrow for the first time in the PL when we are chasing the title.*

*he may have played forward in a cup game earlier this season

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Priorities:
1. Win the game
2. When the win is secured, reintroduce players in the fold and give rest to those who need it.
3. After 1&2, go for the cricket score, it can help down the line.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
A nerve jangling 14-0, please.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
We've not been great against the bottom 3. Newcastle beat Sheffield 8-0 but for us it was a nervy game that
was in the balance with a few minutes to go so we can't use other teams as our benchmark.
https://youtu.be/ulGq3YXhj4A?si=H9sLeRgjDhqhFnMw

What are you talking about?

At home we've beaten Burnley 3-1 and Luton 4-1.  Just because you felt nervous during the game because we hadn't scored within the first few minutes doesn't mean we haven't played well on reflection given those score lines.

Besides, who doesn't get a 1-0 start these days at Anfield or at least a goal?  Nothing to do with where a team is located on the table.

We beat Luton 4-1 playing with kids.  Okay we bungled the away game, but who hasn't struggled at Luton?  Arsenal fluked a last second winner.

This is not benchmarking anything, the sheer reality is in the numbers against all sides that come to Anfield.  We create a lot of chances against everyone and Sheffield concede a lot of chances against everyone.  Pardon me for making this specifically about Fulham.  ::)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
What are you talking about?

At home we've beaten Burnley 3-1 and Luton 4-1.  Just because you felt nervous during the game because we hadn't scored within the first few minutes doesn't mean we haven't played well on reflection given those score lines.

Besides, who doesn't get a 1-0 start these days at Anfield or at least a goal?  Nothing to do with where a team is located on the table.

We beat Luton 4-1 playing with kids.  Okay we bungled the away game, but who hasn't struggled at Luton?  Arsenal fluked a last second winner.

This is not benchmarking anything, the sheer reality is in the numbers against all sides that come to Anfield.  We create a lot of chances against everyone and Sheffield concede a lot of chances against everyone.  Pardon me for making this specifically about Fulham.  ::)
We could have drawn with Burnley at home and the 4-1 against Luton was tighter than the scoreboard suggests. However,  it's easy to perform a scoreboard analysis with hindsight. The Luton game was so complicated that Jurgen had to mention the Barcelona comeback at HT (something he said he'd never do).

Did you even watch the Burnley game? Fofana had 2/3 clearcut chances at 2-1 and we weren't at our best at the other end. And that's not looking at our away games against the worst 3 team which were more complicated than necessary.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 11:52:26 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We could have drawn with Burnley at home and the 4-1 against Luton was tighter than the scoreboard suggests. However,  it's easy to perform a scoreboard analysis with hindsight. The Luton game was so complicated that Jurgen had to mention the Barcelona comeback at HT (something he said he'd never do).

Did you even watch the Burnley game? Fofana had 2/3 clearcut chances at 2-1 and we weren't at our best at the other end. And that's not looking at our away games against the worst 3 team which were more complicated than necessary.
Burnley i think the score line about right. But 4-1 didn’t flatter us v Luton. We battered them, could and should have scored more. Hopefully tomorrow night will be more like that but we haven’t really run up a big score over these in recent years despite how shite they are.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
Get an early goal and the flood gates should open. These lot give up the most chances in the league so as long as long as we start with a bit of tempo it should be way too much for them.

Wonder if we rotate as much as Arsenal and City did today given it’s our easiest fixture on our paper and we’ve got the animals on Sunday.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Burnley i think the score line about right. But 4-1 didn’t flatter us v Luton. We battered them, could and should have scored more. Hopefully tomorrow night will be more like that but we haven’t really run up a big score over these in recent years despite how shite they are.
Burnley had a spell when they could have pegged us back to be fair with Fofana missing 2 clear 1v1s and we were snatching at chances upfront. On another day we could have drawn that. Luton was complicated up till the equaliser then we pressed.

This comment in the HT thread summed up our performance in the Burnley game perfectly. Thankfully,  they were wasted and we still bagged the 3 points on an off day.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=355525.msg19290926#msg19290926

I was just saying that those games were more difficult than the scoreline portrays and we've generally not be great against those relegation strugglers. Everton at home was a slug and we needed a 99th minute winner to beat Forest away. The only comfortable win was the 3-0 against Forest at home with us going 2-0 early.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 12:18:31 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Burnley had a spell when they could have pegged us back to be fair with Fofana missing 2 clear 1v1s and we were snatching at chances upfront. On another day we could have drawn that. Luton was complicated up till the equaliser then we pressed.

This comment in the HT thread summed up our performance in the Burnley game perfectly. Thankfully,  they were wasted and we still bagged the 3 points on an off day.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=355525.msg19290926#msg19290926

I was just saying that those games were more difficult than the scoreline portrays and we've generally not be great against those relegation strugglers. Everton at home was a slug and we needed a 99th minute winner to beat Forest away. The only comfortable win was the 3-0 against Forest at home with us going 2-0 early.
I don’t disagree with your overall point about us not piling up goals against some of these relegation teams. As I mentioned above Sheff Utd aren’t a team we’ve banged goals in (or played well) against the last few years.

But Luton was a battering, even before we equalised i had no fear, it was a case of when not if. I don’t think it was complicated, or perhaps we made it complicated by missing a lot but 4-1 flattered them massively. Don’t think they could have argued if we were 4-1 up at half time
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 12:55:54 am by duvva 💅 »

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I don’t disagree with your overall point about us not piling up goals against some of these relegation teams. As I mentioned above Sheff Utd aren’t a team we’ve banged goals in (or played well) against the last few years.

But Luton was a battering, even before we equalised i had no fear, it was a case of when not if. I don’t think it was complicated, or perhaps we made it complicated by missing a lot but 4-1 flattered them massively. Don’t think they could have argued if we were 4-1 up at half time
True. Once we equalised against Luton, it was done.

Hopefully we buck the trend of starting slowly against the worst teams tomorrow and kill the game off early.