Author Topic: Champions League / Europa League / Conference 13th - 15th February  (Read 7249 times)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League / Europa League / Conference 13th - 15th February
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2024, 10:04:29 pm »
When will we meet Leverkusen?   ;)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2024, 10:21:07 pm »
When will we meet Leverkusen?   ;)
Dublin, obviously.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2024, 01:35:50 am »
Dublin, obviously.
We could be matched before that? No?

It would be a great story and watch that we meet them in the final.
Liverpool against Leverkusen.
Klopp against Xabi.

What a story that would be, eh?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 01:38:34 am by jckliew »
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2024, 10:53:32 am »
We could be matched before that? No?

Yes, we could be drawn against them at any time from the quarterfinals onwards.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2024, 12:19:27 pm »
Could still meet Sporting remember too, links to Amorim would probably go on. What he's done domestically has been great and interesting to see how far they get in this. I think the Liverpool manager should always be someone who has experience of succeeding in Europe but these days it's so much harder for a side from a smaller league to have won something, say the Europa League. I think Emery would be a good shout on that front because he's been very impressive in Europe but with him he's had less domestic success, no perfect candidate really. Would actually like to see Leverkusen's European adventure fall by thew wayside so Xabi can concentrate on a domestic double and leave the door wide open for Liverpool  8)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2024, 12:34:41 pm »
Could still meet Sporting remember too, links to Amorim would probably go on. What he's done domestically has been great and interesting to see how far they get in this. I think the Liverpool manager should always be someone who has experience of succeeding in Europe but these days it's so much harder for a side from a smaller league to have won something, say the Europa League. I think Emery would be a good shout on that front because he's been very impressive in Europe but with him he's had less domestic success, no perfect candidate really. Would actually like to see Leverkusen's European adventure fall by thew wayside so Xabi can concentrate on a domestic double and leave the door wide open for Liverpool  8)

And Brighton with De Zerbi  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2024, 12:55:23 pm »
And Brighton with De Zerbi  :D

Is there anyone left in the competition with a manager who DOESN'T want to come to Liverpool? (Moyes hopefully)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2024, 12:57:57 pm »
Not a lot between the two competitions this season.  The league leaders of England, Germany and Portugal all in the Europa League.

Real Madrid and the two English clubs are tough draws for whoever gets them but there's not a lot else.  That those three are playing against the fifth placed side in Germany, the third placed side in Portugal and the third placed side in Denmark is indicative of how shallow the Champions League is this season.