23 (7.7%)
Everton
58 (19.4%)
Burnley
91 (30.4%)
Sheffield United
98 (32.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Who gets flushed from the Premier League 2023/24?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Who gets flushed from the Premier League 2023/24?
« on: January 31, 2024, 03:37:27 pm »
Do your worst.   :wave

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Who gets flushed from the Premier League 2023/24?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 03:45:20 pm »
Burnley and Sheffield Utd are locks, after that I think it'll be Luton, who won't have enough to keep them up, despite this nice little run they're on at the moment.

Everton will never go down.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 03:54:39 pm »
Sheffield United and Burnley have looked dead certs from week 1.  I confess to thinking the same of Luton but they've surprised me and they do at least have some athleticism and dynamism in their squad.

Outside of those three it's the P&S criminals, really.  Everton and Forest are already hovering in/around the relegation places and neither looks like they have squads that justify the massive losses incurred to put them together.  10 points off either of those two is likely to take 8-10 games to claw back and I'd expect the rest to have opened up a bit of a gap by then.

In Forest's favour they have about half a team away at AFCON so maybe they'll pick up once they're back.  I also think they'll get a less harsh punishment based on my (limited) understanding of the two breaches.  For those reasons I'll say Everton but fully expect them to prove me wrong.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 07:52:32 pm »
Barring any further points deductions, Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2024, 01:55:59 am »
Based solely on their football, it's Sheff Utd, Burnley and almost certainly Luton all to go back down, which is the exact same as what most of us would have said at the start of the season.

All depends on any (further) punishments for Everton and Forest - if they both got, say, 10 point penalties, then I think Forest are down, but even then Sheff Utd and Burnley are poor enough that Everton might escape.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2024, 06:24:07 am »
Luton or Forest depending on the deduction. The 10 points might sink Forest.

Everton will scab out no matter what, even if it's in court but they'll get enough results anyway.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 3, 2024, 09:08:50 pm »
Another decent point away for Luton.
Forest are far from safe and Ev back in the bottom 3

If they both get docked points..   :-X

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7 on: February 3, 2024, 09:10:21 pm »
Defends on points deductions….

Everton deserve it though …. Dire for too long.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #8 on: February 3, 2024, 09:12:43 pm »
On current form Luton look like overtaking Forest without the need for any point deductions.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2024, 09:26:19 pm »
Even with another ten point deduction, Everton will still finish above Burnley & Sheffield United.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10 on: February 4, 2024, 02:32:55 am »
Burnley, Sheffield United, want Luton to go with them scum fans, but Forest have lost 4 out of the last 6, Luton lost 1 out the last 6, so think Forest will go down instead.

Even with further points deductions, Everton will somehow stay up.
#Sausages

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: February 4, 2024, 02:39:15 am »
Burnley, Sheffield United, want Luton to go with them scum fans, but Forest have lost 4 out of the last 6, Luton lost 1 out the last 6, so think Forest will go down instead.

if they lose more points then Everton are fucked. I think Luton stay up now, their home form is good and if they pick up points away from home from time to time then they will likely stay up despite of Everton

Everton look absolute garbage, can't score aside from set pieces. That won't be enough. 19 points and likely to get docked at least another 10, possibly more for a second offence.

They might even go down with no more point deductions. Biggest worry is Forest or Bournemouth, they aren't much ahead
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12 on: February 4, 2024, 02:40:22 am »
Even with another ten point deduction, Everton will still finish above Burnley & Sheffield United.
sadly for them it's 3 down
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 4, 2024, 03:20:59 am »

I think if Awoniyi stays fit, Forest will be just about be ok. Nuno will be ultra defensive and hope to nick enough points with Awoniyi's goals.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14 on: February 4, 2024, 04:17:41 am »
Burnley, Sheffield Utd, Luton Town.

They'll be replaced by Leicester, Southampton, Leeds.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 4, 2024, 08:15:05 am »
As bad as Hodgson has been at Palace, they only really need around another 14 points from their remaining 15 games. And given the state of the clubs at the bottom, a team can probably escape relegation with a record low points total - maybe even as little as 34 points this season.

There's only really one slot up for grabs. The bottom two are toast so it's between Brentford, Luton, Forest and Everton for me. I guess it all hinges on the points deductions. If Everton and Forest get 10 apiece, that would root them to the bottom.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 4, 2024, 08:21:54 am »
No Manchester utd on the list?

Luton are making the last slot interesting. But in the end think it will be them with Sheff Utd and Burnley. Unless Forest get a points deduction this season.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 08:29:29 am by red1977 »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 4, 2024, 08:29:54 am »
Think Forest are in the biggest trouble now. They're 100% going to get a points deduction, and it's likely to be bigger than Everton's as I suspect Everton's will be reduced due to some of it covering a period within which they've already been punished.

It's going to be so shit that in a season where Everton get points deducted, they'll end up staying up because another club got points deducted  ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2024, 08:31:19 am »
City should be  an option,  115 point deduction  could be on the cards..{well in my fantasy world it is}
JFT 96

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 4, 2024, 08:42:13 am »
Think Forest are in the biggest trouble now. They're 100% going to get a points deduction, and it's likely to be bigger than Everton's as I suspect Everton's will be reduced due to some of it covering a period within which they've already been punished.

It's going to be so shit that in a season where Everton get points deducted, they'll end up staying up because another club got points deducted  ;D

I disagree that Evertons will get reduced, they knew last season they were going to fail PSR for the period they got docked points for and did nothing in the next accounting year to try to correct things, the PL have tried to help them and they've ignored them, they'll not let that go unpunished.

Sadly still think they'll stay up, Sheff Utd, Burnley and Forest will go
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #20 on: February 4, 2024, 08:48:41 am »
Based solely on their football, it's Sheff Utd, Burnley and almost certainly Luton all to go back down, which is the exact same as what most of us would have said at the start of the season.

All depends on any (further) punishments for Everton and Forest - if they both got, say, 10 point penalties, then I think Forest are down, but even then Sheff Utd and Burnley are poor enough that Everton might escape.

Based on their football, Luton stay up. Are playing, and have been playing far better than the teams directly above them currently.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #21 on: February 4, 2024, 09:13:37 am »
The 10 points could bury Forest.

Palace are in trouble as well. Need one of their usual new manager bounces as they won't get many points with Hodgson. Olise carries them and now he's crocked him as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 4, 2024, 11:28:15 am »

Your logic is flawed, if any difference Forest should be getting a smaller deduction than Everton as it is their first offence, Everton should not be getting a dscount for being a repeat offender, the second punishment should be higher as that's more time they have chosen not to address their failure to comply with the rules.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 4, 2024, 11:46:05 am »
Your logic is flawed, if any difference Forest should be getting a smaller deduction than Everton as it is their first offence, Everton should not be getting a dscount for being a repeat offender, the second punishment should be higher as that's more time they have chosen not to address their failure to comply with the rules.

Yep, they were warned by the PL I think half way through the 3 year period, still broke the £105m loss limit and then did nothing to come in under the £105m this season. Its like any repeat offender, the second punishments should be more severe.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 4, 2024, 11:53:57 am »
Taking into account their bogus "covid" losses, Everton have been violating the rules for almost half a decade.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 4, 2024, 11:56:26 am »
Still pisses me off that the PL bought their Covid lies - we could have claimed over £300 million losses if they can claim £230mill - ADFC will be fucking fuming, they'd have claimed £500million if they'd have known.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 4, 2024, 12:20:23 pm »
I don't think the PL DID buy Everton's Covid bs. For whatever reasons they just weren't prepared to push the matter at the time. They were probably waiting to see if the accounts bounced back post Covid before taking action. And if Everton hadn't carried on spending money like a drunken sailor in a brothel they could have sorted themselves out.

I think the PL's inaction emboldened Everton to take the piss even more with their creative accounting. They were shocked when they finally got called out on it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2024, 02:19:01 pm »
You would think that Burnley and Sheffield United are already flushed.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 04:05:32 pm »
Brentford are this year’s team (always one) in bad form and struggling to arrest it. Just read that Ben Mee is out for the season now. They’re already missing Rico Henry, Pinnock and the young Scottish right back whose name escapes me. And they’re shipping some awful goals.

Also seen that Toney might be injured too. Obviously Mbuemo still out for a while too. Ultimately can’t see them picking up too many more points and with Everton getting 4 points back, they’re now the most vulnerable of Luton do keep picking up points.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2024, 04:25:11 pm »
Is all depends on points deductions.

If Everton get hit with another deduction, they will drop down.
If Forest get hit with a deduction, they are very vulnerable.

If not more pts deductions happen it will be:

Sheffield United - goodbye
Burnley - goodbye

And then I can't decide, as Luton are putting up a good fight and might stay up.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2024, 05:06:09 pm »
Despite their vile chanting, the actual lads on the pitch at Luton deserve to stay up with how hard their fighting. Their manager had some lovely things to say about us the other night, he definitely looks like he'll be moving on to bigger things at some point.

Unfortunately the only way I see that happening is a harsh punishment for Everton.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2024, 05:09:29 pm »
Yeah Luton have done well, they have a nice style for a promoted team and their manager is a good egg.  Their fans just haven't been this high up in forever and are still stuck in the 80s.  That'll change with time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2024, 05:18:41 pm »
It's quite amazing how they've taken Barkley from a free transfer nobody wanted to one of the most productive players in the league. I thought they'd end up beating Derby's points record so hats (hatters) off to them.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2024, 05:50:36 pm »
I imagine it takes a while to rid yourself of the stench of Everton and Chelsea

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: March 1, 2024, 04:34:59 pm »
I worry for Brentford even though I think Thomas Frank is a very good manager, that team is very stale and I wouldn't be shocked if they went down and Luton stayed up
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 1, 2024, 05:29:40 pm »
Burnley and Sheffield Utd for sure are going down joined by one of Forest or Luton. Looking at their respective remaining matches it will probably be Luton. Each have to play 6 clubs that are in the top half of the current table, but 4 of Luton's are against the top 5. Forest have to play the bottom 2 as well so I think they'll win both or at least draw.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde