Author Topic: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask  (Read 19669 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask
« Reply #120 on: January 6, 2024, 04:44:18 pm »
What’s going to happen first?

Samie losing his virginity or Mbappe signing for us?

Can we add a poll?
When you put it like that......

What shirt number is Kylian getting?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #121 on: January 7, 2024, 12:22:31 am »
Saw him earlier at the KFC in Great Homer Street.
This is on...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 7, 2024, 07:29:29 pm »
 ;D

Liverpool are willing to pay £100m for Mbappe.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: January 7, 2024, 07:31:42 pm »
Kylian Mbappe already knows how much Real Madrid are prepared to pay for summer transfer – now up to him

By Mario Cortegana
1h ago

Kylian Mbappe already knows the terms that Real Madrid are prepared to reach to seal an agreement with him to join the club this summer.

The finances on offer from the Spanish side are lower than those of 2022, when, despite having reached an understanding between the parties, Mbappe finally decided to renew with PSG.

According to sources familiar with those talks, speaking anonymously to protect relationships, Mbappe was offered a €130million signing bonus and a salary of €26m per year in 2022.

Mbappe is now into the final six months of his PSG contract, which means he is free to negotiate with other clubs about a potential free transfer this summer.

The Athletic has reported that Real have set the 25-year-old a deadline of mid-January to decide whether or not to join them.

On this occasion, due to Real Madrid’s lesser economic power and the new sporting context — the club are focusing on young talent and players who are prioritising them — he would not reach the same level of package that was on offer in 2022.

However, Real Madrid are making significant efforts and have made an important exception in their salary scale, so the Russia 2018 World Cup winner would be by far the highest paid player in the squad.

Sources familiar with the case say that Real Madrid, as in 2021 and 2022, are now doing everything possible to sign Mbappe.

This is thanks to the personal determination of president Florentino Perez. Perez and Mbappe have been in direct contact for some time, which is unusual from the president. Sources say that in these conversations, the player has always conveyed to Perez that he wants to play for Real.

Now it is up to Mbappe to decide if he will make the move.

At Real Madrid they want him to do it soon, and while the player is aware of this, his entourage want time to think about the decision. Reports in France suggest that he will do so before the return of the Champions League in mid-February.

At Real Madrid there are many doubts about what he will choose to do and the club are aware that there is a significant difference in the finances they can offer compared to PSG.

Sources close to PSG say that Mbappe’s base salary at PSG, excluding bonuses, is €75 million net per year.

https://theathletic.com/5184117/2024/01/07/kylian-mbappe-transfer-news-real-madrid-latest/

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 7, 2024, 07:34:00 pm »
Liverpool are willing to pay £100m for Mbappe.

As a signing on fee? Of course we are ...

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 7, 2024, 07:34:23 pm »
Kylian Mbappé turns to Premier League after rejecting Real Madrid
France star believed to be attracted by move to England as a free agent amid uncertainty over his future after turning down pre-contract deal with Spanish club

Duncan Castles
Sunday January 07 2024, 4.30pm GMT, The Times

Kylian Mbappé is unimpressed by Real Madrid’s attempt to push him into signing a pre-contract agreement this month and wants to explore other options — including a free agency switch to the Premier League — before deciding where he will play next season.

Real have made the 25-year-old an offer to become their best-paid player when his two-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain expires this summer. Having verbally agreed deals with Mbappé in 2017 and 2022 only to see the player sign terms with PSG instead, Real placed a January deadline on the France forward accepting their latest approach.

The Times understands that Mbappé has told friends that Real will not decide his future for him. Before Wednesday’s Trophée des Champions victory over Toulouse he discussed the matter with Nasser al-Khelaifi, assuring PSG’s president that he had neither signed for another club nor come to a conclusion on where he will continue his career.

Questioned by French media post-match on whether he knew his next career move, Mbappé said: “No. I’m very, very motivated for this year. It is very important. As I said, we have got titles to go after and we have already taken one. After that, I haven’t made up my mind yet. I have not made a choice.”

The terms presented by Real represent a pay cut on the unprecedented financial package that the Qatar-owned PSG agreed to prevent Mbappé moving to the Spanish capital without a transfer fee in 2022. Inclusive of annual loyalty, signing-on and salary payments, PSG place the gross cost of remunerating Mbappé at almost €200 million (£172 million) a season. That sum represented a quarter of the club’s expected revenues for the 2022-23 financial year.

Advised by his mother, Fayza Lamari, Mbappé attempted to maximise the leverage of impending free agency by informing Khelaifi in June that he would not be taking up a unilateral option to extend his contract until 2025. PSG responded by excluding the forward from their senior squad, only permitting him to play again after he agreed to sacrifice approximately €80 million of bonuses were he to leave without a fee in the summer. He has since scored 22 goals in 23 appearances for PSG.

In addition to Real, Lamari and Mbappé’s advisers have been assessing the opportunities available in the Premier League. Mbappé has gone on record with his admiration for Jürgen Klopp’s football and about “talks” he held with Liverpool before re-signing with PSG in 2022. Although Mohamed Salah is the leading target for the Saudi Pro League champions Al-Ittihad, which would leave Liverpool in need of a replacement, PSG remain confident they will not lose Mbappé to the Anfield club.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) is also interested in making Mbappé a part of its huge investment in global sport. A second PIF-owned Pro League club, Al-Hilal, offered PSG a record transfer fee of €300 million last year. Mbappé rejected the move, which would have reasserted his status as the game’s best-paid player.

PSG have proposed several ways inwhich Mbappé’s decision can be managed for the benefit of both parties. One is for the forward to take up his option to extend until 2025, with an agreement that he be sold this summer for a nine-figure fee. Another is for Mbappé to sign a new multiseason deal, generating options for him to remain indefinitely in Paris, or to be sold in the short or medium-term.

Senior PSG sources say they are relaxed about the outcome, highlighting the benefits of the club’s revised recruitment strategy of replacing high-earning galaticos, such as Lionel Messi, Neymar and Sergio Ramos, with young talents, allowing the club to aggressively reduce wages from a 2021-22 high of €738 million.

Mbappé has also spoken about the impact of his bonus sacrifice on PSG. “With the agreement I made with the president this summer, whatever my decision we managed to protect all parties and preserve the club’s serenity for the challenges ahead, which remains the most important thing,” he said last week.

PSG have already secured deals for two Brazil youth internationals this month. The left-sided centre back Lucas Beraldo, 20, has joined from São Paolo, while the teenage midfielder Gabriel Moscardo will move from Corinthians this summer after recovering from foot surgery. The French champions passed on the opportunity to sign the England international Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kylian-mbappe-turns-to-premier-league-after-rejecting-real-madrid-mpndjgc0s

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #126 on: January 7, 2024, 10:36:01 pm »
€172m a season?!

Might be just a wee bit out of our league ;D

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 7, 2024, 10:39:20 pm »
:lmao he's not joining us.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #128 on: January 7, 2024, 10:47:29 pm »
:lmao he's not joining us.

Hope he doesn't join RM, either - and they go after Haaland
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 7, 2024, 10:48:28 pm »
€172m a season?!

He's interested in the PL and money is not his priority. He and his agents know that no English club will pay him that much.

People are looking at it in a simplistic way. If he were to join, he'll make the money by taking advantage of the higher exposure we'd give him like Mo who's raking in £1m per week.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 7, 2024, 10:52:29 pm »

Hope he doesn't join RM, either - and they go after Haaland
Wouldn't surprise me if he extends PSG contract.

He's interested in the PL and money is not his priority.
How do you know money isn't his priority?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 7, 2024, 11:00:19 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me if he extends PSG contract.
How do you know money isn't his priority?
Because he rejected a big money move to Saudi when he was frozen out at PSG.  His priority which he has reiterated on numerous occasions is to win the Ballon d'Or. Part of his wages relate to his bonus if he extends.

In a normal scenario, what you pay in transfer fee and wages is a lot more expensive compared to just his wages.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 7, 2024, 11:02:43 pm »
€172m a season?!

How does anyone FFP that?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #133 on: January 7, 2024, 11:04:00 pm »
We’ve built our success on identifying quality talent who buy into the collective. Mbappe is not that. We could do a lot better with the amount of money being mentioned.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #134 on: January 7, 2024, 11:04:05 pm »
Being reported (per Football Mercato) that he’s agreed to sign for Real.

Thank fuck that’s over.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 7, 2024, 11:04:50 pm »
Because he rejected a big money move to Saudi when he was frozen out at PSG.  His priority which he has reiterated on numerous occasions is to win the Ballon d'Or. Part of his wages relate to his bonus if he extends.

In a normal scenario, what you pay in transfer fee and wages is a lot more expensive compared to just his wages.
He's not paid peanuts at PSG.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 7, 2024, 11:04:59 pm »
They are as relaible as me for fucks sakes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 7, 2024, 11:05:19 pm »
;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #138 on: January 7, 2024, 11:06:29 pm »

Fine, you tell everyone who he’s signing for :lmao

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 7, 2024, 11:08:33 pm »
He's not paid peanuts at PSG.
He was offered a billion for a one-year loan😀

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 7, 2024, 11:12:49 pm »
He was offered a billion for a one-year loan😀
Right?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 7, 2024, 11:23:27 pm »
Right?
His wages at PSG are peanuts compared to that.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 7, 2024, 11:24:44 pm »
His wages at PSG are peanuts compared to that.
Compared to other players in European leagues?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 7, 2024, 11:28:13 pm »
Compared to other players in European leagues?
Compared to what he could have earned. The argument is about why he's not all about the money.

He could have have gone to Saudi and earned £1bn this season then moved to Real Madrid with a fat signing-on bonus. A players that is prioritising wouldn't turn that down.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 7, 2024, 11:32:40 pm »

Compared to what he could have earned. The argument is about why he's not all about the money.

He could have have gone to Saudi and earned £1bn this season then moved to Real Madrid with a fat signing-on bonus. A players that is prioritising wouldn't turn that down.
He's allegedly on £172 million a year with PSG according to that article a few posts above but he turned down Saudi so that must mean he isn't. ::)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 8, 2024, 10:00:14 am »
He will stay at PSG.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #146 on: January 8, 2024, 10:02:50 am »
He will stay at PSG.

Surely he finally makes the Real move this summer.  He can't be taken seriously if he does stay at PSG.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 8, 2024, 10:05:20 am »
He will stay at PSG.

That is the most likely scenario, but if he decides to leave for footballing reasons (winning the CL, winning the Ballon d'Or), we are a more realistic destination for him now, than we were 2 years ago ...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 8, 2024, 10:10:40 am »
Surely he finally makes the Real move this summer.  He can't be taken seriously if he does stay at PSG.

He and his mates and agents will want weighing in and nobody is weighing him more in than PSG. People mention Saudi, but PSG is the best of both worlds in that he gets paid a shit tonne and he still gets to play things like the CL and he has some small chance at least.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 10:12:55 am by killer-heels »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 8, 2024, 10:12:17 am »
That is the most likely scenario, but if he decides to leave for footballing reasons (winning the CL, winning the Ballon d'Or), we are a more realistic destination for him now, than we were 2 years ago ...

Nope we are not because he will cost far too much. Look at how much Haaland costed and I mean all the agents fees and fees his dad got. Mbappe probably has a longer entourage and will want paying more and then some.

There is a question whether Madrid can afford him. We have no chance whether we sold Salah or not. The only club in England that can afford him is City and Newcastle and for all we hate the c*nts, City wont be arsed with that circus.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 10:14:15 am by killer-heels »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 8, 2024, 10:20:52 am »
If Mbappe came without his shit arse posse, attitude and baggage I reckon we'd be all over it. Imagine all that skill at such a young age but with the humility of someone like Salah.

Find me someone with half of each and we'd have another game-changing impact.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 10:42:58 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 8, 2024, 10:33:33 am »
Nope we are not because he will cost far too much. Look at how much Haaland costed and I mean all the agents fees and fees his dad got. Mbappe probably has a longer entourage and will want paying more and then some.

There is a question whether Madrid can afford him. We have no chance whether we sold Salah or not. The only club in England that can afford him is City and Newcastle and for all we hate the c*nts, City wont be arsed with that circus.

We don't have the slightest idea what we can or can't afford. You just don't like Mbappe. You advocated for months that we should spend a transfer fee of £75 million on Sancho, and accept his £350,000 per week wage demands ..
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 10:47:40 am by PeterTheRed ... »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 8, 2024, 11:44:57 am »
We don't have the slightest idea what we can or can't afford. You just don't like Mbappe. You advocated for months that we should spend a transfer fee of £75 million on Sancho, and accept his £350,000 per week wage demands ..

I fucking love Mbappe, he is great. But you are also underestimating all the other parties who will get paid in this deal. Lets not forget your surprise at Bellingham’s mum’s fee.

Whats Sancho got to do in this? Because if its a transfer link that people got wrong then you have won that fucking battle and then some. Tell me how has your we only need one player worked out? The likes of signing Szoboszlai and Endo really must be hurting you.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 11:47:33 am by killer-heels »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 8, 2024, 12:05:48 pm »
I fucking love Mbappe, he is great. But you are also underestimating all the other parties who will get paid in this deal. Lets not forget your surprise at Bellingham’s mum’s fee.

Whats Sancho got to do in this? Because if its a transfer link that people got wrong then you have won that fucking battle and then some. Tell me how has your we only need one player worked out? The likes of signing Szoboszlai and Endo really must be hurting you.

One of these days, people will have to accept the fact that we are the 2nd highest earning club in the World, just behind Real Madrid, and ahead of Man Utd, Bayern and Barcelona.

Mbappe has already earned a fortune. In fact, if he was simply after the money, he would have simply accepted that offer from the Saudis last summer, when PSG have accepted the bid from them.

The majority of his earnings, despite the massive wages at PSG, come from commercial deals. Nike alone are paying him £14 million per season (that is £270,000 per week), a deal that will very likely be increased with the increased exposure of him being the star player at LFC, Nike's flagship club at the moment in global terms.

Like I've said on many occasions, signing Mbappe is not a football transfer, it is a commercial operation. The reason why he didn't join Real Madrid in 2022 was not that they couldn't meet his wage demands. It was because they were only willing to let him keep 50% of his image rights, while PSG have allowed him to keep 100% of his image rights.

Haaland and Bellingham, despite being top players, are not even in the same league with Mbappe, when it comes to marketability and commercial deals. I don't know why is this the case, but it is a fact. Only Messi, Ronaldo and Naymar were in this category in recent times, but with their careers coming to an end, Mbappe is becoming the brightest star in this market ...

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 8, 2024, 12:23:12 pm »
Mbappe has already earned a fortune. In fact, if he was simply after the money, he would have simply accepted that offer from the Saudis last summer, when PSG have accepted the bid from them.

Like I've said on many occasions, signing Mbappe is not a football transfer, it is a commercial operation. The reason why he didn't join Real Madrid in 2022 was not that they couldn't meet his wage demands. It was because they were only willing to let him keep 50% of his image rights, while PSG have allowed him to keep 100% of his image rights.

Okay, so it's not about the money, he just didn't go to Madrid because of the other money.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 8, 2024, 12:36:09 pm »
Okay, so it's not about the money, he just didn't go to Madrid because of the other money.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I am sure that you understand the difference. You are just scared of the possibility that Mbappe could earn that other money with us. Don't be scared. We are big enough to sign him ...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #156 on: January 8, 2024, 01:36:51 pm »
Agreed a deal to Madrid apparently. We were never signing him and the constant reports linking us to him are hilariously mental.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 8, 2024, 01:39:07 pm »
Agreed a deal to Madrid apparently. We were never signing him and the constant reports linking us to him are hilariously mental.
https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1744329362239889795?s=20

It's fake news.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 8, 2024, 01:40:41 pm »

Can see there being a big clash of egos there. Bellingham won't want Mbappe taking the shine off his star.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 8, 2024, 01:50:27 pm »
Can see there being a big clash of egos there. Bellingham won't want Mbappe taking the shine off his star.

That is, if we ignore the big ego of Vinicius Junior, who plays at the exact same position as Mbappe ...