Author Topic: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask  (Read 19674 times)

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask
« on: January 1, 2024, 07:39:52 pm »
Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2024, 12:39:53 pm by SP »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2024, 07:40:06 pm »
Ah it’s the Mbappe season again. We will be linked to him to put “pressure” on Real Madrid to sign him……..not that they won’t see straight through the nonsense.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2024, 07:42:29 pm »
More likely an acutual ninja turtle signs than Mbappe

That’s no way to talk about Kalvin Phillips.
#JFT97

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2024, 07:47:23 pm »
Yes, it was reported that Salah earns around £1 million per week, including his image rights and his personal endorsement deals. He is getting £50,000 per week from Adidas alone. Of course, that is nowhere near the £270,000 per week that Mbappe is getting from Nike as the main promoter of their Jordan brand ...

If Salah is only(i know) getting 2.5m from Adidas a year, he should really be moving to nike. :D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2024, 08:58:53 pm »
If Salah is only(i know) getting 2.5m from Adidas a year, he should really be moving to nike. :D

I was always surprised why he stayed with Adidas. OK, Messi was always their biggest promoter, but Mo would have certainly got more from Nike or Puma ...

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2024, 09:00:57 pm »
#Mbappe2024

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2024, 11:03:19 pm »
These so called links to Mbappe are laughable. He's even more nailed on for Madrid than Bellingham was. And if he ever did move to England he'd want to live in London.

Not back to the London thing again…..

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2024, 11:05:21 pm »
Ah it’s the Mbappe season again. We will be linked to him to put “pressure” on Real Madrid to sign him……..not that they won’t see straight through the nonsense.

The funny thing is, Real Madrid are the ones putting the pressure on Mbappe to make his decision until January 15th ...

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2024, 11:18:01 pm »
Surely Madrid would be better off triggering Haaland's release clause this summer, they have some talented wingers but no striker of note in the squad currently.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 1, 2024, 11:30:11 pm »
Surely Madrid would be better off triggering Haaland's release clause this summer, they have some talented wingers but no striker of note in the squad currently.

I see that as the most likely scenario, with Mbappe staying at PSG and getting a new contract ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 1, 2024, 11:31:01 pm »
Mbappe was watching that tonight and knocking one out I think...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 1, 2024, 11:37:58 pm »
Oh, Samie.  ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2024, 01:08:27 am »
Even if Salah moves to Saudi Arabia, we aren't going to offer Mbappe half a million a week in wages imo. He would have to take a massive wage cut to come here.

Pay as you play?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 2, 2024, 03:46:45 am »
Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask.
pretty pretty please!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2024, 08:07:40 am »
These so called links to Mbappe are laughable. He's even more nailed on for Madrid than Bellingham was. And if he ever did move to England he'd want to live in London.

100%
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 2, 2024, 08:09:32 am »
Personally, I think we have a 90% chance of signing Mbappe.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 2, 2024, 08:48:34 am »
Mmbop comes across as having a bad attitude so I'm not sure he'd be great for us anyway, not that we have a chance

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #18 on: January 2, 2024, 09:05:48 am »
This Kylian story won't go away until he joins Madrid. For me, it has always been if FSG would make an exception for one marquee talent a la NBA/NFL...

But we have to be clear, KB only joins if Salah is transferred to Saudi in the summer for a minimum of £175 million AND if Madrid nix him, once and for all.

He'd have to prove he wasn't all about money and explain to Klopp why he wants to join Liverpool.

Then he'd only getting anywhere near the money raining on him in Paris when Liverpool win the PL and CL trophies.

And he'd have to learn the counter-press.

So yeah, and if Uma Thurman wants to join me at the heated pool, we WILL play Monopoly for as long as she
desires.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 2, 2024, 09:13:48 am »
Personally, I think we have a 90% chance of signing Mbappe.
mine is 93%, you gotta double check your standard deviation

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 2, 2024, 10:16:36 am »
Mbappé has been a global superstar since he was 17 and even the President of France was laying on the charm offensive to keep him in country. He's really started to show some prima donna behaviour in recent years. In the unlikely event he did end up here, I'd put my money on it going sour pretty quickly with Klopp who values modesty and puts the team beyond everything else. Can't see Mbappé counterpressing either.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 2, 2024, 10:22:18 am »
Mbappé has been a global superstar since he was 17 and even the President of France was laying on the charm offensive to keep him in country. He's really started to show some prima donna behaviour in recent years. In the unlikely event he did end up here, I'd put my money on it going sour pretty quickly with Klopp who values modesty and puts the team beyond everything else. Can't see Mbappé counterpressing either.
He'd do well here. At the end of the day, he's similar to Mo in the sense that he wants to win and he's very ambitious.

He's desperate to win the Ballon d'Or and winning the CL is a pathway for him. Realistically speaking, he can win it here or at Madrid.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 2, 2024, 10:31:15 am »

I don't think he'd have any issues on the pitch, he's a hardworker despite his status, but the likely contract "package" makes it a no go really. While I can see the logic in someone who has already made as much money as him choosing to prioritise football over finance, the reality is he is going to ensure he's financially one of the best compensated in the world wherever he goes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 2, 2024, 10:36:48 am »

Even if there is a small chance of us signing Mbappe (only as a replacement for Salah), Jurgen will embrace it, and get him to the next level, which in this case means winning multiple Ballon d'Or rewards for the player, but also multiple Premier League and Champions League titles for us. Mbappe is one of the few players in the World who is actually on the same level or better than Salah, with some room for improvement.

I still think that he will stay in his comfort zone at PSG, but if he decides to leave, I think that our chance of signing him is actually better than people think. I am not worried one bit about the financial implications of the deal, since signing him would be a massive commercial operation, and not the regular football transfer. That is why only Real Madrid and LFC are in the picture for him, because only these two clubs are big enough and good enough at the moment to capitalise on Mbappe's commercial appeal ...

« Last Edit: January 2, 2024, 10:46:34 am by PeterTheRed ... »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 2, 2024, 10:50:26 am »
Haaland to Madrid and Mbappe to City makes the most sense in a purely football sense. But I’m not convinced Madrid will pursue the striker they actually need over the global superstar they’re bound to covet.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 2, 2024, 10:58:02 am »
Haaland to Madrid and Mbappe to City makes the most sense in a purely football sense. But I’m not convinced Madrid will pursue the striker they actually need over the global superstar they’re bound to covet.

Mbappe is not interested in joining Man City. He has a sportswashing project of his own, in his home city ...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 2, 2024, 10:59:36 am »

Mbappe isn't going to go from one sports washing project to another and I can't imagine the Qatari's letting Abu Dhabi get one over them like that.

Man City have never really even been tenuously mentioned as a potential club for him. 
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #27 on: January 2, 2024, 11:22:58 am »
Anyway City already have Jack Grealish is his preferred position lol

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: January 2, 2024, 11:24:18 am »
To be fair, Mbappe would most likely want to live in London and play for super clubs like Chelshit and Arsenal so he can hang out around the Palace mix with the tourists, take selfies, go to the museum of stolen statues, buy souvenirs etc... stuff he can't have in Paris. ::)

Just like Klopp, Guardiola, Ronaldo who joined London clubs.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 2, 2024, 11:24:57 am »
Anyway City already have Jack Grealish is his preferred position lol

They have also signed Doku for £56 million in the summer, on top of Grealish. Man City are not in the running for Mbappe ...

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 2, 2024, 11:54:46 am »
To be fair, Mbappe would most likely want to live in London and play for super clubs like Chelshit and Arsenal so he can hang out around the Palace mix with the tourists, take selfies, go to the museum of stolen statues, buy souvenirs etc... stuff he can't have in Paris. ::)

Just like Klopp, Guardiola, Ronaldo who joined London clubs.

Is he a big Hodgson fan ???

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 2, 2024, 12:22:05 pm »

This.  Seems to be one of the few holes in their squad right now. 

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #32 on: January 2, 2024, 12:32:47 pm »
I always have to laugh at the 'X player wouldn't want to live in X place' comment

Do you think Mbappe is sitting on the sidewalks of Parisian cafe's every day sipping coffees? He's probably the most famous person in the entire country. He probably leaves the house for training in the morning and spends about 20 hours indoors every day. Same goes for most footballers whether they're on his level or well below it.

The conversation has become very tired because I'd genuinely be stunned if it happened, I'd love to see it though. For me we could absolutely justify it if Salah was sold for 150 million plus. His wages would become available as would Thiago's. I read yesterday his contract was up in the summer, thought he had another year. Sign on fee would be a record like, but whatever it is would probably be small compared to what you'd have to pay to get him out of his contract.

Imagine him and Trent on that right hand side. It would give other players even further appetite to sign for Liverpool too (if we could afford to buy anyone for the next three seasons  ;D). Klopp would have him all fucking day, by the way folks, I don't have any doubts about that. I just don't see it happening, I reckon he'll stay at PSG actually. As for Liverpool, our next major signings will probably be Matip's long term replacement and a defensive midfielder. Then I guess we wait and see if Salah's staying because he'll need another contract if so.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 2, 2024, 12:40:47 pm »
I always have to laugh at the 'X player wouldn't want to live in X place' comment

Do you think Mbappe is sitting on the sidewalks of Parisian cafe's every day sipping coffees? He's probably the most famous person in the entire country. He probably leaves the house for training in the morning and spends about 20 hours indoors every day. Same goes for most footballers whether they're on his level or well below it.

The conversation has become very tired because I'd genuinely be stunned if it happened, I'd love to see it though. For me we could absolutely justify it if Salah was sold for 150 million plus. His wages would become available as would Thiago's. I read yesterday his contract was up in the summer, thought he had another year. Sign on fee would be a record like, but whatever it is would probably be small compared to what you'd have to pay to get him out of his contract.

Imagine him and Trent on that right hand side. It would give other players even further appetite to sign for Liverpool too (if we could afford to buy anyone for the next three seasons  ;D). Klopp would have him all fucking day, by the way folks, I don't have any doubts about that. I just don't see it happening, I reckon he'll stay at PSG actually. As for Liverpool, our next major signings will probably be Matip's long term replacement and a defensive midfielder. Then I guess we wait and see if Salah's staying because he'll need another contract if so.
His priority is to win the Ballon d'Or. 

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: Just a separate Mbappe thread, until he retires, is all I ask
« Reply #34 on: January 2, 2024, 12:58:06 pm »

20 hours indoors come on now 😂

Is he Batman ?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35 on: January 2, 2024, 01:00:11 pm »
20 hours indoors come on now 😂

Is he Batman ?

Outside of training though, what does your social life look like if you're one of the most famous people in the country? He can't be walking the streets freely.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #36 on: January 2, 2024, 01:06:22 pm »
Mbappe is not interested in joining Man City. He has a sportswashing project of his own, in his home city ...
That argument makes no sense. To the contrary, I cant see him take a pay cut to leave PSG, and a non-oil club wont match his demands.
He would have been at Real long ago if they would have afforded him.

And yeah, we're not gonna pay 1M per week, plus another million off the records, to sign him.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #37 on: January 2, 2024, 01:08:10 pm »
Outside of training though, what does your social life look like if you're one of the most famous people in the country? He can't be walking the streets freely.

Wouldn't anywhere apart from patches of places around the world. But it's easier some places, weather in England doesn't help unless he goes and lives in Torquay and commutes 😂 but 20 hours in your house a day is depression and anxiety stuff.

Madrid and Barcelona do well out of this reasoning.

Ultimately that's not the reason anyway. We just don't have the money for that. It's why we are sat here with one title in the last 5 years not 3. Man City are a roided up relegation merry go round club

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 2, 2024, 01:08:12 pm »
That argument makes no sense. To the contrary, I cant see him take a pay cut to leave PSG, and a non-oil club wont match his demands.
He would have been at Real long ago if they would have afforded him.

And yeah, we're not gonna pay 1M per week, plus another million off the records, to sign him.
He technically took a pay cut by rejecting Saudi. At the end of the day, his priority is to win big trophies so that he can win the Ballon d'or.

That's why he preferred PSG to Saudi despite them freezing him out earlier.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #39 on: January 2, 2024, 01:09:44 pm »
His priority is to win the Ballon d'Or.
Then he should go to Real, because that competition is basically only for la liga players.

A nice trivia question: Who is the only Premier League player to have won ballon dor?