Author Topic: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (22)  (Read 7854 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (6)
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2023, 02:49:25 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67513553

The more you hear about this club’s fans, the less appealing they get
We take the piss out of Everton but the sooner Luton is flushed into the next galaxy the better.  Truly rancid set of fans.

They have always been massive Tory c*nts, and I wouldn't mind, but Luton is nothing but a shithole.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2023, 03:16:22 pm »
They have always been massive Tory c*nts, and I wouldn't mind, but Luton is nothing but a shithole.

Obviously, no disrespect to the people who have roots there.  But, you are correct.

I've got family in MK, and that's a shithole too.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2023, 03:44:25 pm »
The fact that Tommy Robinson and his gang of nonces support them should give anyone enough reason for wanting them to go down. Was gutted when they beat Coventry in the play-off final. Here's hoping they fuck off and never come back up

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (9)
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2023, 12:33:45 pm »
Tom Lockyer discharged from hospital

We are thankful to report that our captain Tom Lockyer has now begun a period of rehabilitation from the comfort of his own home after he was discharged from hospital on Wednesday.

This encouraging news follows a successful procedure that took place on Tuesday whereby Tom had an ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) device fitted to prevent a repeat of Saturday’s incident.

The Club, Tom and the Lockyer family would like to take this opportunity to repeat our collective heartfelt thanks to all at Bournemouth, their supporters, club officials and especially their medical staff and midfielder Philip Billing, who was the first to reach Tom on the pitch and summon assistance.

Supported by the actions of Bournemouth’s medical team and local paramedics, it was ultimately the protocols instilled and professional actions of our own medical staff that gave Tom this chance to recover and to whom we are thankful.

Naturally, the events that unfolded last weekend surprised and shocked everyone witnessing it. Together with Sporting Chance, via the Premier League, the Club is in the process of providing care for those who may be affected by any distress caused.

The clinical advice Tom and the Club has taken since the Championship play-off final has been conducted by the most renowned cardiologists, who have been involved at every step, along with a team of supporting multi-disciplinary consultants.

We can now confirm that the tests taken this week had revealed that the issue Tom experienced on Saturday was different to the atrial fibrillation he suffered in May.

Tom, his family and the Club would like to thank everyone in the football family who have sent messages of concern and love. The level of support has been overwhelming.

We’re so proud to have Locks as our captain and his leadership will continue from the sidelines where his courage will inspire his team-mates, colleagues, and supporters, starting on Saturday.

Good to see he's had an ICD fitted, but I'm really surprised he didn't have one after having an AFib event in May. Sounds like he had an ablation procedure then, but for a high-performing sports person putting stress on the heart I would have assumed that he needed the extra safety net of the ICD.

Hope he makes a full recovery and can get back playing again.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2023, 01:28:36 pm »
The fact that Tommy Robinson and his gang of nonces support them should give anyone enough reason for wanting them to go down. Was gutted when they beat Coventry in the play-off final. Here's hoping they fuck off and never come back up

After they beat Saudi at the weekend
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2023, 05:26:18 pm »

Good call...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (12)
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2023, 09:16:06 pm »

I hope you had that as a bet.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2023, 02:34:27 pm »
As many league goals by Christmas (18) as Utd have managed (and in 1 fewer game).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2023, 03:05:14 pm »
Fans are evil small time thugs

Want them down asap
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2023, 09:29:30 pm »
Fans are evil small time thugs

Want them down asap
Agreed. Still, it was nice to see them beat the Saudi Headcutters yesterday.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Been a long while since I've had to update the title but a big 3 today that puts Everton down in the relegation places, for now.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Another big away point and not only are Everton back down in the drop zone, but as it stands Luton have gone above Forest up into 16th.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bring Me Sunshine - the Luton Town '23-'24 Premier League Pointsometer (20)
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2024, 10:22:38 pm »
In the last few days I've watched half of Luton vs. Man U, most of Everton vs. Palace and us vs. Luton.  Give me Luton in the Premier League ahead of Everton and Palace any day (small caveat for Palace that they had a Hodgson hangover and most of their best players injured).

Luton's fans are a bit small-time but no worse than a club like Leicester City.  I also appreciate they're only one bad managerical appointment from being another team of spoilers but, right now, they're refreshingly entertaining.

It's almost 10 years to the day they were playing Nuneaton Town in the Conference (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26203607).  In that time Luton have had multiple promotions to the Premier League whilst Nuneaton renamed to their pre-liquidation name of Nuneaton Borough, had two relegations and were liquidated for the second time a few weeks ago (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68016296).  Whether Luton ultimately stay up or not this season they're having one hell of a ride.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2024, 10:25:06 pm »
At least they have a go.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2024, 10:25:56 pm »
Seeing him and his comments after the game, their manager's sound.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2024, 10:28:08 pm »
In the last few days I've watched half of Luton vs. Man U, most of Everton vs. Palace and us vs. Luton.  Give me Luton in the Premier League ahead of Everton and Palace any day (small caveat for Palace that they had a Hodgson hangover and most of their best players injured).

Luton's fans are a bit small-time but no worse than a club like Leicester City.  I also appreciate they're only one bad managerical appointment from being another team of spoilers but, right now, they're refreshingly entertaining.

It's almost 10 years to the day they were playing Nuneaton Town in the Conference (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26203607).  In that time Luton have had multiple promotions to the Premier League whilst Nuneaton renamed to their pre-liquidation name of Nuneaton Borough, had two relegations and were liquidated for the second time a few weeks ago (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68016296).  Whether Luton ultimately stay up or not this season they're having one hell of a ride.

Rob Edwards seems sound and plays decent football, although less so when we went there and they shut up shop, but it's their right to do that.

All the fuss about Everton though as if the PL is better for them being in it. They play garbage football year after year. Luton have offered more to the league this year than Everton have for several.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2024, 10:28:22 pm »
Manager sound, players good bunch

Fans absolute shithouses of the highest order
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2024, 10:29:15 pm »
"We just made them angry"  ;D

He's a dude.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2024, 11:56:32 am »

One of the players who played against Nuneaton Town in that game 10 years ago came on at half time yesterday  :o  They've done very well as a club to get to where they are and I hope they stay up.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2024, 12:03:24 pm »
Manager sound, players good bunch

Think their fans are still stuck in the 80s.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2024, 12:08:40 pm »
In the ground I couldn't gauge anything from them last night, what were they up to mate.