Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 39197 times)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah he could. Go and watch his assist for Titi Camara at Arsenal for example.

All off the things I thought this thread might become I defo wasn't expecting to see some trying to play down Gerrard!

Bellingham's pass and move game is certainly very integral to his style of play - I would argue more so than Gérrard's...

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
Regarding the squad, you could see this coming from two years away. We had the opportunity to revolve the squad from a position of strength, we didn't and now the team's been allowed to age out together. It happens quickly too, the way it did with Leeds in the mid-70's and us in the early 90's. Both teams looked far out in front and fell off almost overnight.

Look at the spine of the current team: Van Dijk (31), Matip (31), Robbo (28), Fabinho (28), Thiago (31), Hendo (32), Salah (30), Firmino (30 - and I wasn't going to put him in but he's top scorer so far). Someone said they think Klopp is copying City, I think it's closer to say he's copying Real, but this isn't La Liga and the team needs legs as well as experience.

You simply can't have a first team with that many veterans in a league like this, and unless the stats team can pull three or four top players out of the box we're going to have to spend on top players to be competitive, the way we did with Alisson, Van Dijk and Fabinho. It's what we should have been doing in the last few windows, moving older, fringe players on, getting the kids established and buying in top replacements where needed. It isn't even just about age, you need to have some element of change to keep things fresh or players get mentally tired.

And part of that is on Klopp, who's obviously worked wonders but who would have apparently also kept Gini and Mane if possible. He needs to be more ruthless and he needs to be willing to change the way he was when he first arrived. Now we're in a position where we need at least three big players across the defence and midfield and a right back capable of filling in for Trent. It's going to be a couple of big transfer windows and if we aren't in the CL next year it's going to mean spending more than we would have had to otherwise.

Being ruthless was one thing that paisley certainly was. And it can be argued that this was something that klopp made a big mistake jn failing to take heed to. A Tchouameni ought to have been brought in even last year.  The lesson that bringing in Diaz rescued the second hald last season was not heeded during the previous window. Imagine if spurs had not moved for him and the financial boffins had their way and we waited till the last window to sign him instead - we may not have ended up competing all the way to the last day for every honour. That lesson should have taught the transfer team and fsg to spend during the last window to replenish the midfield.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Tifo with an analysis on what's wrong with the defence.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pisSV1OqPMA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pisSV1OqPMA</a>

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
Regarding the squad, you could see this coming from two years away. We had the opportunity to revolve the squad from a position of strength, we didn't and now the team's been allowed to age out together. It happens quickly too, the way it did with Leeds in the mid-70's and us in the early 90's. Both teams looked far out in front and fell off almost overnight.

Look at the spine of the current team: Van Dijk (31), Matip (31), Robbo (28), Fabinho (28), Thiago (31), Hendo (32), Salah (30), Firmino (30 - and I wasn't going to put him in but he's top scorer so far). Someone said they think Klopp is copying City, I think it's closer to say he's copying Real, but this isn't La Liga and the team needs legs as well as experience.

You simply can't have a first team with that many veterans in a league like this, and unless the stats team can pull three or four top players out of the box we're going to have to spend on top players to be competitive, the way we did with Alisson, Van Dijk and Fabinho. It's what we should have been doing in the last few windows, moving older, fringe players on, getting the kids established and buying in top replacements where needed. It isn't even just about age, you need to have some element of change to keep things fresh or players get mentally tired.

And part of that is on Klopp, who's obviously worked wonders but who would have apparently also kept Gini and Mane if possible. He needs to be more ruthless and he needs to be willing to change the way he was when he first arrived. Now we're in a position where we need at least three big players across the defence and midfield and a right back capable of filling in for Trent. It's going to be a couple of big transfer windows and if we aren't in the CL next year it's going to mean spending more than we would have had to otherwise.

It was so obvious it’s sickening, then you get the usual pro FSG fans on here where they can do no wrong, if we just would have matched the spending of arsenal (they didn’t have champions league money) we would have spent an extra £300mil, and I know this is all hypothetical but that’s 3-4 world class midfielders but nope we buy none but the balance sheet is good. We’ve fucked up and with no guarantee of champions league football, not even a guarantee of getting out of our group money will only become tighter and the lure of a non champions league side, it’s a mess and it really shouldn’t have been.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
How is it thus tifo guy can isolate what liverpool is doing wrong so easily but evne after so many days of enforced layoffs, klopp and ljinfers and their coaches cannot figure this out?!

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
There's too many margins out of wack on the moment: players hurt, sort rest, stop-start schedule, the teams we've played and when we've played them, losing mane, integrating Nunez, underinvestment in the squad (particularly in the middle, etc

You can mitigate against some of these issues, but we've made it harder for ourselves by changing the way we play while we're having to fire fight. I honestly think the coaching staff has missed badly this season to this point. The pre-season was clearly not right and they miscalculated our ability to ride out some of these issues and it's starting to spiral.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
In fact klopp seems to be repeating the same message at the end of every setback so far. We have to fight through this, players are low o  confidence etc. Does he know what is the solution ? Are they listening to him anymore?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Like this team, most of the arguments on the RAWK have run their cycle. All boils now down to the owners and whether they’re prepared to back the manager because like it or not, he’s the only one capable of turning things around.

Back the man for fucks sake, it’s as simple as that.

About right. We all know where the problems are. I love some of the eternal optimism, but my feeling is that we are in for a slog this season. We'll fall well short of a title-tilt.

We have the look of a group that has run its course. For one reason and another, there has been underinvestment in the team, and it's really starting to bite. Our best midfield simply isn't capable of pressing anymore, which is absolutely essential to how we have played for the last 5 years. We are leaking like a sieve at the moment.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
About right. We all know where the problems are. I love some of the eternal optimism, but my feeling is that we are in for a slog this season. We'll fall well short of a title-tilt.

We have the look of a group that has run its course. For one reason and another, there has been underinvestment in the team, and it's really starting to bite. Our best midfield simply isn't capable of pressing anymore, which is absolutely essential to how we have played for the last 5 years. We are leaking like a sieve at the moment.

That and an abject refusal on klopp's part to remedy the formation failure that has exposed our right flank to continuous attack without the coaches doing anything to fix the problem. It is in the end klopp's failure that is the cause of this much as we would want to blame Alexander Arnold or fabinho or Henderson.  Added to that is fsg refusing to spend at the time when they needed to rejuvenate the midfield.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
That and an abject refusal on klopp's part to remedy the formation failure that has exposed our right flank to continuous attack without the coaches doing anything to fix the problem. It is in the end klopp's failure that is the cause of this much as we would want to blame Alexander Arnold or fabinho or Henderson.  Added to that is fsg refusing to spend at the time when they needed to rejuvenate the midfield.

I'm sure Klopp can see it! It's not aways easy to fix it though. It's also a dangerous game reacting too quickly to adversity. He's got to be sure it's a longer standing issue, and not just temporary. I'm sure he's giving the team a chance to play their way through it.

We can't knee-jerk to a new formation or strategy every time a few games don't go our way. This way of playing, and these players, have served us well for a long time.

As discussed, he's also somewhat hamstrung by the fact out midfield options are all pretty average at the moment. The midfield press is central to our identity and its gone.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
I'm sure Klopp can see it! It's not aways easy to fix it though. It's also a dangerous game reacting too quickly to adversity. He's got to be sure it's a longer standing issue, and not just temporary. I'm sure he's giving the team a chance to play their way through it.

We can't knee-jerk to a new formation or strategy every time a few games don't go our way. This way of playing, and these players, have served us well for a long time.

As discussed, he's also somewhat hamstrung by the fact out midfield options are all pretty average at the moment. The midfield press is central to our identity and its gone.

Yes the problem is he allowed us to get into this terrible situation where we hardly have any options on the table and a midfield either on tbe treatment table or already on their last legs seemingly.  Is thta because he was blind to what was developing or he spotted it but the management refused to spend in tbe last window and forced him to try to squeeze one more season out of the geriatric midfield?

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
The longer this goes on the more bizarre the Nunez signing seems when we obviously needed the midfield freshening up with at least two players we’ve signed a forward who at the minute looks totally at odds with the type of player we needed

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
The longer this goes on the more bizarre the Nunez signing seems when we obviously needed the midfield freshening up with at least two players we’ve signed a forward who at the minute looks totally at odds with the type of player we needed

I think klopp knew we needed to change the system in tbe same wat that guardiola also realised he needed to add haaland as the tip of the spear to add the extra goals he needed to achieve their ambitions. The problem is that our midfield has suddenly reached the end of their expiry date at the same time and massive investment is needed.

I hope the transfer speculation over valverde and bellingham is a sign that the club has woken up to this necessity. I am encouraged at least in tbe past that when they needed to spend to close the gap to world class level they were prepared to shell out the serious world record money for van dijk and Alison. On the other hand that was made possible by coutinho's sale so if there is no sale forthcoming, will they loose the purse strings? I don't see how they can avoid doing this now in January even because the consequences of not doing so would be disastrous.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
It was so obvious it’s sickening, then you get the usual pro FSG fans on here where they can do no wrong, if we just would have matched the spending of arsenal (they didn’t have champions league money) we would have spent an extra £300mil, and I know this is all hypothetical but that’s 3-4 world class midfielders but nope we buy none but the balance sheet is good. We’ve fucked up and with no guarantee of champions league football, not even a guarantee of getting out of our group money will only become tighter and the lure of a non champions league side, it’s a mess and it really shouldn’t have been.
I think you've misrepresented those posters simply to back up your own view.

We are not pro-FSG, we are anti-sportswashers and anti any owner that would load the club with debt or not run us properly.

We also don't think 'they can do no wrong', and plenty of us have disagreed or lodged concerns about tickets, transfers, the Super league and numerous other issues.

It's this kind of binary thinking and labeling of fellow fans that makes these boards so tiresome at times.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
In fact klopp seems to be repeating the same message at the end of every setback so far. We have to fight through this, players are low o  confidence etc. Does he know what is the solution ? Are they listening to him anymore?

Low on confidence in being able to do what they're being asked to do though as a team, it's not working. We had the same week after week during that awful run in 20/21 until we eventually adapted things a bit.

When you're conceding within 5 minutes practically every week it's a systemic issue. Concede 3 at home to Brighton and the best player is your goalkeeper.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan

He literally had his first choice midfield on the pitch yesterday though.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
Low on confidence in being able to do what they're being asked to do though as a team, it's not working. We had the same week after week during that awful run in 20/21 until we eventually adapted things a bit.

When you're conceding within 5 minutes practically every week it's a systemic issue. Concede 3 at home to Brighton and the best player is your goalkeeper.

Our problems are only beginning. We have to deal with City next and haaaland is in unprecedented world beater form with City currently eviscerating United. If we had so many issues with Brighton, what will Ciry do to the team? If they had the long layoff to resolve these issues and failed to do so, can the coaching team fix the issues before we have to fight the most inexorable and formidable version of City that we may have ever faced? It's time for the men to rise up and show up...

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
He literally had his first choice midfield on the pitch yesterday though.

I know! That's what I'm getting at.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan

We are not pro-FSG, we are anti-sportswashers and anti any owner that would load the club with debt or not run us properly.

We also don't think 'they can do no wrong', and plenty of us have disagreed or lodged concerns about tickets, transfers, the Super league and numerous other issues.

It's this kind of binary thinking and labeling of fellow fans that makes these boards so tiresome at times.

I’m neither anti or pro but let’s be honest these owners aren’t great people just remember how shit the last owners were. We’ve got away with our lack of investment through having the best manager in the world, but any fan who thought we could keep competing with the likes Man City while being outspent by the likes of Nottingham forest and fulham is in cloud cuckoo land, we have the oldest first team in the premier league and still think we can outrun every team lack of investment lead us here.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 03:37:37 pm by Redric1970 »

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

This is a good reminder. My gentle pushback, and I certainly don't want to make this into a 'pro FSG vs anti FSG' thing or label fellow fans or push binary thinking, but my gentle pushback is there are a few posters, and you're probably among them, who were defending our transfer business all summer or claiming that the situation is down to bad luck more than anything else (specifically with regard to the midfield) or saying we'll be fine without investing in the midfield. But it's getting to the point where the decisions we've made look like they might be catastrophic. The next few weeks will show us whether that's overly negative. But if we've managed to fall back into the pack, and even be struggling for top 4, given the position of strength we've been in, and given how brilliant Klopp is, and how world class several of our players still are... well that would awful. And it makes the, 'it's understandable how we got here, transfers are hard, we can survive without a midfield signing' arguments look very hollow. Which is not to say it's binary. It's too easy for people like me to say, 'if we'd signed a top class midfielder all our problems would be solved', probably they wouldn't be. And perhaps we'll recover and be convincingly 2nd by the end of the season (I can't see us getting close to City at this point).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fab had a bollocking.  :D

urgen Klopp was unhappy at Fabinho during the second half and made his point forcibly towards the midfielder, who appeared to selectively choose to ignore what was being said until the message from the boss became too loud to turn a deaf ear towards. [Liverpool Echo]

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Our problems are only beginning. We have to deal with City next and haaaland is in unprecedented world beater form with City currently eviscerating United. If we had so many issues with Brighton, what will Ciry do to the team? If they had the long layoff to resolve these issues and failed to do so, can the coaching team fix the issues before we have to fight the most inexorable and formidable version of City that we may have ever faced? It's time for the men to rise up and show up...

It could get messy against City but we haven't lost at Anfield with a crowd for about 5 years and although we've been beaten heavily away from home by City (and other teams like Napoli) we've never been turned over at Anfield under Klopp, the fans you'd expect to be at it, although you'd be made up with a draw if offered now. There was a big gap between us and City when we beat them twice at Anfield in 17/18 (we lost 5-0 there in the league).

I'd be more fearful of Arsenal wiping the floor with us at their place next week. I expect us to raise our game for both but given the way we start games Arsenal will come at us sharp and the game could get away from us quickly and then we stay wide open to get picked off chasing the game.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 04:33:53 pm by Fromola »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Our next league game is away to Arsenal, Sandwiched between 2 CL games v Rangers.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Our next league game is away to Arsenal, Sandwiched between 2 CL games v Rangers.

At least Arsenal are only formidable without being inexorable.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan

This was why I wanted someone shit and easy as the pot 4 team as we could be a bit more relaxed in those games. Rangers aren't up to much but they're high profile games that Rangers will massively raise it for. We go to Ibrox between Arsenal and City and it's not a ground you can be half arsed at.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Yes the problem is he allowed us to get into this terrible situation where we hardly have any options on the table and a midfield either on tbe treatment table or already on their last legs seemingly.  Is thta because he was blind to what was developing or he spotted it but the management refused to spend in tbe last window and forced him to try to squeeze one more season out of the geriatric midfield?

It is a catalogue of errors based on a continual lack of investment for me. We failed to replace Lovren which meant we spent the majority of our budget on Konate.

That meant we couldn't replace Gini. Then we allowed the front three to get to the end of their contracts at the same time.

That meant we have had to overlook the midfield. The other thing is what called not taking risks in the market. We seem to want players to have already broken out and become no brainers. Tchouaméni was available for 20m euros a couple of seasons ago, So was Haaland. If our recruitment team is so great surely we should have been in for Bellingham when he was leaving Birmingham.

Look at the kind of business Brighton have done. Why are we waiting for players to make it before we sign them.

Another example would be Salah who we could have had years earlier for a fraction of the fee.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

That is comedy gold complaining about binary arguments. When your whole raison d'être is the argument that it is either FSG or sports washers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
It is a catalogue of errors based on a continual lack of investment for me. We failed to replace Lovren which meant we spent the majority of our budget on Konate.

That meant we couldn't replace Gini. Then we allowed the front three to get to the end of their contracts at the same time.

That meant we have had to overlook the midfield. The other thing is what called not taking risks in the market. We seem to want players to have already broken out and become no brainers. Tchouaméni was available for 20m euros a couple of seasons ago, So was Haaland. If our recruitment team is so great surely we should have been in for Bellingham when he was leaving Birmingham.

Look at the kind of business Brighton have done. Why are we waiting for players to make it before we sign them.

Another example would be Salah who we could have had years earlier for a fraction of the fee.

And we failed to replace Lovren because getting back up for Robertson was the priority after not replacing Moreno the previous year and therefore having Robertson as our only natural left back. That was the rest of the budget after Thiago and Jota and signing that extra forward could have been done the previous year (Sturridge left as well but no signings that summer).

The way we often operate is to do things a year after we need to. The mistake this time is that's two years now with the midfield.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
We’ve been spoiled for the last 3-4 years with the worlds best manager over achieving, now get ready to see the fan bases mood change, because unless the owners model changes in January this won’t improve soon, and we are at least 3 class midfielders short and that will cost between £200-£300mil to put right and that doesn’t even include firmino, ox, keita, Milner leaving for free. Now the realisation is in the last 10 years under FSG we have a net spend of just over £300mil and that’s in nearly 11 years despite having regular champions league participation and success, so anyone expecting a fix is in for a shock, unless FSG change.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 06:16:50 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
And we failed to replace Lovren because getting back up for Robertson was the priority after not replacing Moreno the previous year and therefore having Robertson as our only natural left back. That was the rest of the budget after Thiago and Jota and signing that extra forward could have been done the previous year (Sturridge left as well but no signings that summer).

The way we often operate is to do things a year after we need to. The mistake this time is that's two years now with the midfield.

I think a large part of it is that our principal owner made his money from trend following. It is as if they need to see the data in the end of season report before they act.

A bit like waiting until players break out before we sign them. As Klopp said we need to take more risks.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan

So far you've characterised Klopp as "blind", "abject", suggested the squad has stopped listening to him, and suggested he can't see what is all too obvious to pundits and fans. I'd think he deserves a bit more respect than that, wouldn't you, given what he's achieved here, and the manner of his achieving it?

It's painful watching us struggle like this, but my god some people are quick to turn. If he's not sorted it out yet, it's because the actual solution is not as simple as you think, and it's pretty arrogant to think otherwise.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

I think it is unfair to criticise Klopp for wanting to keep Gini because he simply wasn't given the funds to replace him.

Gini left when Klopp didn't even have the funds to have 4 senior centre backs after Lovren left.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
I think it is unfair to criticise Klopp for wanting to keep Gini because he simply wasn't given the funds to replace him.

Gini left when Klopp didn't even have the funds to have 4 senior centre backs after Lovren left.

Tbf he did get Thiago in 2020 when Gini had a year left. If Klopp REALLY wanted to keep Gini he could have given that 4 year contract to Gini instead (a player of the same age).

Klopp seemed to make more intervention to sort out Henderson's contract who still had 2 years to run.

While Klopp would rather have kept Gini, I don't think he battled that hard to keep him.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Punched above our weight, bounced back to win the league but couldn't do so much as a victory parade in front of our home fans because of covid. Following season was a let-down. Last season going so close only to lose out on the big ones. This team hit a brick wall in the CL final in May, physically and mentally. This is the fallout from an ageing team that has run through too many brick walls.

We've punched above our weight since Klopp arrived, and I just don't think people realise just how great this squad/team has been.  We've had the greatest team ever, basically.  They were running on fumes towards the end of last season, and they still haven't recovered.

To compete against the bald twats AD, who have spent nearly 1,000,000,000 pounds, since his arrival, has been absolutely incredible!

The team has nothing left and needed refreshing when we were on top!  Not a major rebuild, but just 1 or 2 here and there, to keep things fresh.  Now we're in a position where we do actually need a major rebuild, and I just can't see it happening.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 06:36:51 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
We’ve been spoiled for the last 3-4 years with the worlds best manager over achieving, now get ready to see the fan bases mood change, because unless the owners model changes in January this won’t improve soon, and we are at least 3 class midfielders short and that will cost between £200-£300mil to put right and that doesn’t even include firmino, ox, keita, Milner leaving for free. Now the realisation is in the last 10 years under FSG we have a net spend of just over £300mil and that’s in nearly 11 years despite having regular champions league participation and success, so anyone expecting a fix is in for a shock, unless FSG change.
I agree were 3 (possibly 4) midfielders  short for Klopps  system. They won't cost that much if were crafty. You need to get them before they're class players.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I agree were 3 (possibly 4) midfielders  short for Klopps  system. They won't cost that much if were crafty. You need to get them before they're class players.

Our most successful midfield under Klopp was full of players that wouldn't necessarily require any craftiness to bring in relatively cheap. I think we could bring in three players for the price of Bellingham and be so much better for it.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
How is it thus tifo guy can isolate what liverpool is doing wrong so easily but evne after so many days of enforced layoffs, klopp and ljinfers and their coaches cannot figure this out?!

I could point out a crack in a cathedral but I couldn’t fix it…

In our case, I think it’s personnel and tired minds and legs. Not sure how we fix things without making major changes to the system and becoming very pragmatic.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Our most successful midfield under Klopp was full of players that wouldn't necessarily require any craftiness to bring in relatively cheap. I think we could bring in three players for the price of Bellingham and be so much better for it.

To do that though would mean we would have to take more risks in the market as Klopp put it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan

This is what is so frustrating. Henderson and Milner were runners first and foremost. Henderson is better technically than he gets credit for, but he’s no Thiago or even a Gini. It can’t be that hard to find the next Henderson.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
This is what is so frustrating. Henderson and Milner were runners first and foremost. Henderson is better technically than he gets credit for, but he’s no Thiago or even a Gini. It can’t be that hard to find the next Henderson.

The runner as the RCM only really works though if Trent plays every game . Take Trent away and you need more creativity in that role.
"Ohhh-kayyy"