SPS
9 (11.8%)
Fucking Appalled VS
11 (14.5%)
Trend
6 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 31, 2021, 09:46:38 am

Author Topic: Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (1)  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (1)
« on: August 30, 2021, 09:46:38 am »
Lastrador - Sven Goran Eriksson

VS

Brown - Jupp Heynckes

===================================

VivaBobbyGraham - Bobby Robson

VS

DeFacto - Luis Aragones/Vincente Del  Bosque

Drinks Sangria - Kenny Dalglish

VS

SPS - Fabio Capello

Fucking appalled - Giovanni Trappatoni

VS

Trend - Rafa Benitez

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (1)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 10:44:28 am »
Would've done a few things a little differently, but some very strong teams here.  Lobo should walk this entire draft.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 11:06:33 am »
Would've done a few things a little differently, but some very strong teams here.  Lobo should walk this entire draft.

I know. Jammy bastard.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 11:55:49 am »

Lobo v me is the final. He has the Juve side right?
Y.N.W.A.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 12:10:33 pm »
Question for Viva Bobby: Why is Ray Clemence doing the Javelin?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 03:52:37 pm »
Ouch Trend

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 04:38:49 pm »
Yep, getting jammy hammered here.  C'est la vie - the best part is building the team :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 04:46:53 pm »
Really unlucky Trend, your midfield is awesome, one of the best, and you've two of my favourite strikers.

You've just come up against the best team in the draft unfortunately.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 04:48:14 pm »
Really unlucky Trend, your midfield is awesome, one of the best, and you've two of my favourite strikers.

You've just come up against the best team in the draft unfortunately.

Better to go out early when faced with that kinda of competition, I say :)

All good fun!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 04:55:24 pm »
I voted for trend. Refuse to vote for a trap team without a single Irishman in it...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 05:03:24 pm »
I voted for trend. Refuse to vote for a trap team without a single Irishman in it...

I actually asked Trend for some advice on whether to pick Batistuta or Leon Best, and he said Batigol. So jokes on you.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 05:09:49 pm »
I actually asked Trend for some advice on whether to pick Batistuta or Leon Best, and he said Batigol. So jokes on you.
well there you go. you took the advice of a yank on football. The joke is on you good sir!

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 05:28:21 pm »
Trend unlucky to face a surely finalist in round 1. And to think El Lobo was pretending Trap wasn't even a good manager to get  :D  Having said that, personally I'm not too keen on Laudrup coming from wide. He played that position for Juve with Platini central and it never quite worked, then when Platini retired and he moved more central it wroked even less for him. Hence moving to Spain. That could be attributed to his age and his style of play not fitting with Italy in that period/the roughter defending style in that league, but still it's a small gripe.

DS is a big outsider to win this too. Strong all over really, especially in attack, only really lacking a bit of extra width via the stolen Barnes. Pity SPS was MIA whenever the draft got to him as I reckon Capello would've been right up there with the strongest in the draft. Could have taken half Samie's Sacchi picks for starters.

De vs Bobby feels like it should be a bit closer, but English players rarely get as much love so that's perhaps why.

Couldn't decide between Lasty and Trousers, so took the easy way out and plumped for a draw (i.e. no vote for either).
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 05:29:39 pm »
At least Trend is losing to an actual drafter, I'm drawing against an imaginary one.  :butt

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 05:30:22 pm »
Trend unlucky to face a surely finalist in round 1. And to think El Lobo was pretending Trap wasn't even a good manager to get  :D  Having said that, personally I'm not too keen on Laudrup coming from wide. He played that position for Juve with Platini central and it never quite worked, then when Platini retired and he moved more central it wroked even less for him. Hence moving to Spain. That could be attributed to his age and his style of play not fitting with Italy in that period/the roughter defending style in that league, but still it's a small gripe.

DS is a big outsider to win this too. Strong all over really, especially in attack, only really lacking a bit of extra width via the stolen Barnes. Pity SPS was MIA whenever the draft got to him as I reckon Capello would've been right up there with the strongest in the draft. Could have taken half Samie's Sacchi picks for starters.

De vs Bobby feels like it should be a bit closer, but English players rarely get as much love so that's perhaps why.

Couldn't decide between Lasty and Trousers, so took the easy way out and plumped for a draw (i.e. no vote for either).
Coward.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 06:10:57 pm »

Laudrup isn’t coming from wide, he’s starting within the width of the area  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 06:44:34 pm »
Laudrup isn’t coming from wide, he’s starting within the width of the area  :wave

Well in that case you have two no. 10s, which is basically how Juve tried to set-up with Platini and Laudrup (and Trap as manager) and it didn't work.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 06:46:53 pm »
Yeah it's not happening is it. Should have gone for two up front and picked Conor Sammon

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 06:53:11 pm »
Yeah it's not happening is it. Should have gone for two up front and picked Conor Sammon

Get Richard Dunne in there for Gentile too.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 06:54:47 pm »
Well in that case you have two no. 10s, which is basically how Juve tried to set-up with Platini and Laudrup (and Trap as manager) and it didn't work.

He didn’t have Batistuta in front and Matthaus behind though. I think they’ll cope  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 06:55:47 pm »
Sir Bobby has a very good side. Keeping Barnes and Romario quiet would be difficult. I think i have the midfield advantage and being able to control the game.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 07:02:04 pm »
He didn’t have Batistuta in front and Matthaus behind though. I think they’ll cope  ;D

It's not about quality, it's about two players overlapping and interupting one another. It's an either/or thing with them two. They don't fit in the same side together. It would be like Dalglish and Beardsley playing together. I don't blame you for picking them both, but Boniek would have been the better pick tactically given how well he and Platini linked up.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 07:03:19 pm »
Who made Browns team? Was it him?

Alaba is Gerry’s player. Brehme is the player that should be at left back. A draw might mean this gets punished….
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 07:06:52 pm »
It's not about quality, it's about two players overlapping and interupting one another. It's an either/or thing with them two. They don't fit in the same side together. It would be like Dalglish and Beardsley playing together. I don't blame you for picking them both, but Boniek would have been the better pick tactically given how well he and Platini linked up.

All fair.

I just hope you haven’t done anything daft (like playing Hagi as a central midfielder to give the illusion of not stepping on Gullits toes ;))

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 07:21:28 pm »
I was going to bring up the Platini/Laudraup thing but not like anyone listens to me anyway so thought wait and see who if anyone does.  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2021, 07:22:28 pm »
Who made Browns team? Was it him?

Alaba is Gerry’s player. Brehme is the player that should be at left back. A draw might mean this gets punished….

That's my fault Elzar

Made an error in his team
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 07:29:38 pm »
All fair.

I just hope you haven’t done anything daft (like playing Hagi as a central midfielder to give the illusion of not stepping on Gullits toes ;))

Who says I can't be a hypocrite  ;)  Gullit and Hagi were also very very different players. Hagi liked to move out wide and create havoc coming inside and blasting the ball from outside the box, whilst Gullit was more of an all-action type who played almost off the striker. Most often he would drift off the right as well. I doubt they would interfere with one another. If you check their positions on transfermarkt, you can see Hagi did play a CM role occasionally as well. Just as long as he has little defensive responsibility it's fine.

I honestly just wanted to pick my favourite players this draft though and didn't play for balance as I normally would.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 07:33:51 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 07:35:54 pm »
Who says I can't be a hypocrite  ;)  Gullit and Hagi were also very very different players. Hagi liked to move out wide and create havoc coming inside and blasting the ball from outside the box, whilst Gullit was more of an all-action type who played almost off the striker. I honestly just wanted to pick my favourite players this draft though and didn't play for balance as I normally would.

Aye me too. I did think of Boniek instead of Laudrup and even Brio or Colovatti instead of Passarella (cos they were pretty cheesy in terms of playing under Trappatoni) but those floodgates opened pretty early :D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2021, 07:38:31 pm »
Aye me too. I did think of Boniek instead of Laudrup and even Brio or Colovatti instead of Passarella (cos they were pretty cheesy in terms of playing under Trappatoni) but those floodgates opened pretty early :D

Sometimes it's just fun to pick all your fave names and screw balance  ;D  That's half the fun in drafting.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2021, 07:39:20 pm »
For the record I refused to pick Alba and Busquets

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2021, 07:41:37 pm »
Sometimes it's just fun to pick all your fave names and screw balance  ;D  That's half the fun in drafting.

Unless it's me then you all become Arrigo fuckin' Sacchi and dissect everything.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2021, 08:38:01 pm »
Defacto - I find the selection of David Silva an interesting one. In my mind there is a better pick. Maybe David Villa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2021, 08:43:36 pm »
Defacto - I find the selection of David Silva an interesting one. In my mind there is a better pick. Maybe David Villa

I've thought about it, but I wouldn't want him playing out wide even though he did a reasonable job for Barca. Silva spent a decade playing well in a number of positions in midfield, and in the set up I think he suits the side perfectly. Whether it be out wide or centrally, he's too good of a player not to include.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2021, 08:48:13 pm »
My all English midfield would, without doubt, be one of the best midfields ever, global, if they could have played together at the top of their game. Sir Bobby would have had them purring. De's team is good but mine shits all over his. Solid as a rock at the back with the two most underrated world class, best ever, full backs and fucking Clem in goal! Romario and Johnny Barnes upfront! Kluivert in the middle that goal hanging fucker! I mean, what the fuck, you plantpots...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2021, 09:03:17 pm »
My grandad once met Sir Bobby, he said he talked to him like they were old pals. Good man he was.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2021, 09:06:38 pm »
My grandad once met Sir Bobby, he said he talked to him like they were old pals. Good man he was.

Yeah, a beautiful man and a brilliant manager. I hope you're proud of yourselves? Don't let it happen again. He'll be turning in his grave would wor Bobby, like.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2021, 09:07:10 pm »
I've not voted old man. You want a vote?  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2021, 09:09:18 pm »
I've not voted old man. You want a vote?  ;D

Samie, my mate, you vote with your conscience...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2021, 09:10:17 pm »
Voting with a conscience means you might not get the vote mate.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2021, 09:10:36 pm »
My all English midfield would, without doubt, be one of the best midfields ever, global, if they could have played together at the top of their game. Sir Bobby would have had them purring. De's team is good but mine shits all over his. Solid as a rock at the back with the two most underrated world class, best ever, full backs and fucking Clem in goal! Romario and Johnny Barnes upfront! Kluivert in the middle that goal hanging fucker! I mean, what the fuck, you plantpots...

What would of could have  :D

Try getting the ball off my midfield first  ;D