Author Topic: Going on holiday alone  (Read 3871 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Going on holiday alone
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2021, 12:59:20 pm »
:D

It happens quite a lot apparantly

No idea how he did it but he was working in Holland 🤷 he only came home to sort out going back legally 😂

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2021, 01:02:08 pm »
Just tell your missus that you're nipping down the shops for some cornflakes then saunter back in 6 months later saying that you got hijacked by a scientist in a time travelling car.

She'll be grand with that.

Mine would love it ;D

I'd want to know why he didn't bring me back at the same time as I went so I wasn't missed.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2021, 07:04:30 pm »
I wish i had done that, like travelling length of South America or across Asia or the Australian coast from Darwin to Melbourne would be very appealing.

I deffo missed the boat on that, approaching 40 with Kids so that boat has sailed sadly.

Buy some fishing tackle,it's the perfect excuse to get away to "fish" & everybody expects a "fisherman" to come back with a tan.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2021, 07:19:47 pm »
Went to Blanes in Spain on my own when I was in my mid thirties. Was Billy no mates in the daytime chilling out reading etc. Night time I found a lively little English bar and got friendly with a younger couple from Shropshire. They took pity on me being on my own and made me welcome in their company, and we used to have a brilliant drink up and laugh every night.

Swapped numbers when I left for home just to be polite. About two months later she (let’s call her Julie) rang me and said she had caught the boyfriend cheating and had fucked him off.

We had a long chat and I invited her up to Liverpool for a weekend purely as friends as I had a spare room she could sleep in….We went out for 6 months and I had the most wonderful time. She was twelve years younger than me and fit. I was really punching above my weight.

Anyway then she dumped me….but the motto of the story is yes go for it. I found meal times a bit awkward personally but other than that, yeah do it.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2021, 08:50:54 pm »
Went to Blanes in Spain on my own when I was in my mid thirties. Was Billy no mates in the daytime chilling out reading etc. Night time I found a lively little English bar and got friendly with a younger couple from Shropshire. They took pity on me being on my own and made me welcome in their company, and we used to have a brilliant drink up and laugh every night.

Swapped numbers when I left for home just to be polite. About two months later she (let’s call her Julie) rang me and said she had caught the boyfriend cheating and had fucked him off.

We had a long chat and I invited her up to Liverpool for a weekend purely as friends as I had a spare room she could sleep in….We went out for 6 months and I had the most wonderful time. She was twelve years younger than me and fit. I was really punching above my weight.

Anyway then she dumped me….but the motto of the story is yes go for it. I found meal times a bit awkward personally but other than that, yeah do it.
I'll keep this story in mind and approach every young couple I see just in case  ;D

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2021, 09:59:37 pm »
My first solo holiday is now booked and deposit paid, Jet2 even gave me a £30 discount for being a billy no mates. Just the 300 days until departure which should be just about enough time to get myself beach body ready.

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2021, 11:38:01 pm »
I suppose a better question is has anybody ever been out at a restaurant or on the street and pointed at someone and started cackling "lmao they're on their own! Nooo mates ALRIGHT BILL ARE YOU HERE WITH ALL YOUR MATES THEN"

Doesn't happen, there's nothing to be afraid of

Not quite what your meaning, but i used to get it alot when i went out in aussie, i would go to a bar just me and a book and eventually someone would call over something along the lines of ' why the fuck you on your own?? come and join us! '
some of the best day/nights ive had have been cause i was on my own

As to the  OP, do it,, decide on something you like the sound of and just book it, the 1st time you travel/go on holiday alone might seem a bit odd, but once you overcome the 'aloneness' so to speak,, you'll looking forward to the next one

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 07:18:07 am »
My first solo holiday is now booked and deposit paid, Jet2 even gave me a £30 discount for being a billy no mates. Just the 300 days until departure which should be just about enough time to get myself beach body ready.

Good lad. Just hope you don't get yourself a partner in the meantime 😁 if you get my drift.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2021, 09:18:40 pm »
I've got a bit giddy with all this - I decided next June was too far away so I've now booked 4 nights in Lanzarote in December as well  :D so if I don't like my first experience of a holiday by myself I'll have 6 months to plan a new strategy for the next one.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2021, 09:34:31 pm »
I've got a bit giddy with all this - I decided next June was too far away so I've now booked 4 nights in Lanzarote in December as well  :D so if I don't like my first experience of a holiday by myself I'll have 6 months to plan a new strategy for the next one.

You should have booked a day or 2 before you wanted to travel.

Doesn't matter now but it's something to think about for next time.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2021, 10:49:07 pm »
You should have booked a day or 2 before you wanted to travel.

Doesn't matter now but it's something to think about for next time.
Yeah, I did consider the 'booked it packed it fucked off' approach but decided I need to pound the exercise bike for at least a few weeks before I can go near a beech or i'll put people off their dinner.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2021, 12:10:04 am »
I’m thinking of going to Poland next year.     Always wanted to go to austwich,  nobody i know is interested

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2021, 01:03:48 am »
Good lad. Just hope you don't get yourself a partner in the meantime 😁 if you get my drift.

Ha! A Japanese culture-obsessed mate of mine who was open about 'hiring female companionship' planned a 2 week trip there for a couple of years. A few months before going he met a girl and they hit it off. In the post-trip pub analysis he admitted to what we all suspected - but then later (when the domestic thing went full-blown) he disavowed it all.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2021, 01:05:27 am »
I’m thinking of going to Poland next year.     Always wanted to go to austwich,  nobody i know is interested

Might be because they spell it differently to you.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2021, 01:12:10 am »

I've been to Krakow and really enjoyed it. We also went to Auschwitz-Birkenau. It's a harrowing experience but, for us, was essential.

I'm surprised no one is interested in going with you. Krakow is great for couples or groups of mates. Anyone with you who would rather not take the trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau could easily find other things to do that day.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:15:24 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2021, 07:39:02 am »

I went to Poland solo a few summers ago, did a bit of a inter railing trip, Prague, Budapest, Krakow and a few other places. Cheap enough to get around and lots of other solo tourists doing the route too. I could walk around the likes of Prague all day and never get bored.

The camps depressed the shit out of me but they are important to see.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2021, 08:44:30 pm »
Might be because they spell it differently to you.

So my spelling is not the best.     A bit out of order if you ask me

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2021, 02:51:23 pm »

My sister went and

"loved it" isn't the right term

Worthwhile though absolutely. Wasn't sure how to react at the holiday pics! But wow, the stories she had... Birds don't sing, and obviously if you have a handle on the deep history it'll be deep and evocative. She got a tour guide, and was.... I dunno. Obviously it wasn't I'M BACK FROM IBIZAAA WOW

Just. Yeah. Go. I'm saying, I reckon you'd find it worth it. Seems to have a vibe, I mean you know what you're going to see one assumes. But she didn't regret it.

Though I haven't read one star TripAdvisor views for Auschwitz which is my usual metric of "could I put up with it" so your mileage may vary

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2021, 02:36:43 pm »

It’s never to late mate

During my travels around Australia & New Zealand I’ve seen many people aged 40 plus

Even staying in backpackers

One of the most common travellers in Australia is retirees & pensioners with campers traveling around Australia.
Campsites are full of them believe you me it’s like a travelling army 😂

Also lots of people with young families. There not afraid here to take their kids out of school for 6 months or as people we know for a whole year . They intend to do whole way round Australia starting in January with two young kids 9 & 6 .

The boats not sailed yet 👍

Completely agree on the underlying message here - it's never 'too late'.

I just wanted to pick up on the emboldened part though, because I think there are often some incorrect perceptions about hostels in general. I certainly held some of them before I went travelling myself in the past. What I very quickly found was that they were a brilliant way to meet like-minded people and through doing that, share information on where to go and what to see, and potentially hang about with for a period, if you fancy that as well. So many other people travel alone - both male and female, and of all ages. I got to know a heap of people in their 30's, 40's and beyond. I loved that. Just walking into a shared living space and sparking up a conversation with someone. Some of those people I remain good friends with and have met several times in the intervening years.

This goes back to the earlier point made by a few people in that it depends what kind of trip you're after, and this kind of thing (meeting new people and moving around) is not everyone's cup of tea, but I think my main point here is *a lot* of people do indeed travel by themselves, and they have a brilliant time. They're also a long way from alone. Hostels can be brilliant in facilitating that.

Good luck with whatever you end up going ahead with  :wave
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:45:09 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »
Auschwitz is depressing. Reading about the horrific events in that locale, walking through the same corridors, paths and passages as those millions who were killed, gave me a depression for about a week. The christmas time didnt help with weather being gloomy.

About 15 to kilometers outside Auschwitz, towards further east, is where you get to experience the real Polish culture. Cheap food, cheaper beer and cheapest stay. Stay outside Auschwitz if you can.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2021, 03:19:13 pm »

Bloody hell, that's some countdown. ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2021, 04:46:10 pm »
My sister went and

"loved it" isn't the right term

Worthwhile though absolutely. Wasn't sure how to react at the holiday pics! But wow, the stories she had... Birds don't sing, and obviously if you have a handle on the deep history it'll be deep and evocative. She got a tour guide, and was.... I dunno. Obviously it wasn't I'M BACK FROM IBIZAAA WOW

Just. Yeah. Go. I'm saying, I reckon you'd find it worth it. Seems to have a vibe, I mean you know what you're going to see one assumes. But she didn't regret it.

Though I haven't read one star TripAdvisor views for Auschwitz which is my usual metric of "could I put up with it" so your mileage may vary

It's an amazing place, I had wanted to go for years due to Jewish ancestry and I'm so glad I did. Unforgettable.

I'm a bit weird and also want to go to the Chernobyl site, been looking at short trips they run.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2021, 05:32:22 pm »

Friend of mine has just booked this. He's got return flights to Krakow for £21 total.

My wife and I visited Auschwitz in 2016 (I booked Warsaw in the hope we'd make the Europa final that year) and I'd echo what others have said, it's not a fun visit, but I've always felt it's somewhere that everyone should be encouraged to go and see for themselves, not least to ensure that the absolute horror experienced in that place is never forgotten.

Along similar lines I also visited The Killing Fields in Choeung Ek, Cambodia, a few years back. I knew very little about the history there prior to visiting, aside from vaguely hearing the name Pol Pot mentioned anyway, but I found that even more harrowing than Auschwitz. It's a strangely, and ironically, peaceful place as well, which really stuck with me. If anyone ever finds themselves out in that part of the world it's another place that shouldn't ever be allowed to be forgotten.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:43:14 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2021, 06:07:10 pm »
Bloody hell, that's some countdown. ;D
Yeah 300 days was a bit much so i've booked a couple of trips to Lanzarote before then - 70 days till the first one  ;D

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2021, 08:10:44 pm »
I’ve done it and loved it had some great times

BUT it depends on the type of holiday

I’ve never booked say a package holiday to say Spain or Greece etc alone what have done alone is traveling on a bigger overall trip .

I suppose it’s slightly different

The places I went to on my own were Los Angeles, Samoa, Christchurch & Queenstown in New Zealand and Singapore

All where part of a traveling holiday where some places I was meeting & catching up with people then moved onto these alone

The only place I didn’t meet anyone was Los Angeles it was only 2 days and being my first time in the US and alone I didn’t make the effort for such a short time

All the others met people went out for trips, beers etc and had arguably some of the best times ever
Always interesting meeting people I feel

I waa backpacking rather than staying in large resorts so you meet like minded people often in similar situations

As I say not sure I’d book a week in Benidorm on my own though for example
Hats off to people who do

Agreed.
I have travelled through South East Asia alone - brilliant.

Not sure I could stay in one spot and be on my own.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2021, 08:56:15 pm »
I travelled for three weeks in India on my own after I split up with a girlfriend. Think I thought that I could recreate the Darjeeling limited. FYI, the trains are nothing like that film. It was incredible though, but there were times when I was laying in my room with the shits thinking ‘what the fuck am I doing here’. Turning up for meals on my own surrounded by couples was a bit weird as well. But I’d do it again.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2021, 09:03:51 pm »
Always pictured myself doing this. Just need to get rid of my crippling anxiety first  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2021, 09:17:45 pm »
Always pictured myself doing this. Just need to get rid of my crippling anxiety first  ;D

I know that feeling, and you can end up continually giving yourself reasons to not do something. Pick something easy to start, and do it. You'll second-guess yourself constantly before and during, but when you get back you'll have something to be proud of (and talk about!).

I'm in a good place in my life and I can trace the route to it straight through that mad 3 day Germany jaunt.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2021, 04:08:58 pm »
Yeah 300 days was a bit much so i've booked a couple of trips to Lanzarote before then - 70 days till the first one  ;D

Haha... Look at you going from "Should I go on holiday alone?" to "Yeah, I've booked several trips for the next few months". Looking forward to reading your farewell post in a month or so, saying that you'll go for a one-year-round-the-world-trip on your own the next day. ;)
Well done, though. Hope you enjoy all your upcoming trips. There's really nothing to be afraid of and just make sure you do stuff you like...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2021, 05:10:53 pm »
Haha... Look at you going from "Should I go on holiday alone?" to "Yeah, I've booked several trips for the next few months". Looking forward to reading your farewell post in a month or so, saying that you'll go for a one-year-round-the-world-trip on your own the next day. ;)
Well done, though. Hope you enjoy all your upcoming trips. There's really nothing to be afraid of and just make sure you do stuff you like...

I'm waiting for his "I've sold everything I can fit in a rucksack" & "Do you think dreads are ok for a white guy"  (No idea his ethnicity tbf)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2021, 04:11:42 am »
Why not? Go for it.

My wife goes on short breaks with her sister so I do the same,
And what does your wife think about you going away with her sister?  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2021, 05:42:01 am »
I've been doing a trip every year without my wife, who I've been married to for more than 30 years. (Pre-Covid, that is.) Some were a week long in the California Sierras, some are more than a month somewhere in the world. Pick a country (and I have a long list), research it and make a very detailed plan going from one end to the other, and then make all you can to make your plan obsolete... It may sound weird, but I do vary good planning based on information available on the Internet. But when you go somewhere, anywhere, make sure you mingle with the locals, ask things around and very often you have a better place to go to, better food to try, etc. THAT to me is what makes a trip. I stay at hostels; not too accepted in Europe at my age, but South America, Asia and Africa are fine. If I stay in hotels, I see myself in the mirror; not much to see. But if you are at a hostel, you meet people, old and young, from all walks of life. 

My advice to those who haven't tried that yet - do it!

Some useful details on travel - check out how you can buy airline tickets to one place, return from another. Since 2011, airlines dropped the price of multi-city tickets dramatically. Before that these were treated as first-class tickets, round-trip was far cheaper. But since then, I have always found a multi-city ticket that's cheaper than a round ticket to a nearby place, every time! And it doesn't depend on the continent - Europe, South America, Sout-East Asia, Africa...

I've been itching to go for two years, but Covid hit... Next year I'm going abroad again.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2021, 01:48:48 pm »
Some were a week long in the California Sierras, some are more than a month somewhere in the world. Pick a country (and I have a long list),

Username checks out.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2021, 03:04:35 pm »
In my twenties I got an open Greyhound bus ticket and took myself off around the USA for a few weeks. It was superb to be honest, until I run out of dough.........
I would just decide to get off the bus in a random town and get a hotel room and go on the ale.

The care-free, daydreaming side of me thought I could travel from New York to LA via bus, but in reality I got to Nebraska and ended up potless and flew home.

If you're a decent person then you'll have no problem in meeting likewise people. Some of the people I met then are still my closest friends, and you meet them in random situations/places. I was sitting in a bar in Poughkeepsie, New York and ended up bevying with a lad who was a NYPD cop, we are still in touch to this day and I'll whatsapp him at least once a week.
Another time, I ended up in this small town in Indiana and needed to catch the next bus out, but I was too busy stuffing my face in this restaurant and had to leg it to catch the bus (I was like a gazelle in those days haha). Anyway, the bus was practically empty so I got gabbing to the driver who sound. He was one of those people you feel comfortable talking to and during the three hour journey we covered everything, music, life, politics, family. We kept in touch and every year I get a chrimbo card off him and his family.

My advice to anyone thinking about it, do it, you only live once.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2021, 12:24:49 pm »
I was in the death throws of a marriage last august and went to Turkey for a couple of weeks on my own. Never done it before and even though I was glad I went I don't think I'll ever do it again. Bar staff etc would chat however I felt quite lonely and a little self conscious around families and couples. Prolly just me but thats my experience.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2021, 08:51:08 pm »
If anyone is feeling the pull then just do it as you have nothing to fear.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2021, 12:48:00 am »
I started this thread when I was undecided about booking a holiday.

I've now booked 4.

If I don't enjoy the first one I'm in for a shit year.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2021, 03:18:53 pm »
Anyone ever done it?

I haven't been on a proper holiday in over 20 years (I'm 40) and don't really have any friends to go away with, you get to this age and everyone's married with kids so I've drifted away from everyone I used to know.

I'm determined to get away for a week in May/June next year, I just hope some level of normality has returned by then.

I'm perfectly comfortable in my own company, but I'm not sure if it would be seen as 'weird' if I'm wandering the streets alone, sitting at the pool alone and getting smashed on the San Miguel alone.

Yep been to ibiza once or twice on my own but was ok because i always knew people already out there, and the flights over i just got pished on my own :D