Author Topic: Joe Anderson arrested (*)  (Read 13099 times)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Re: Joe Anderson arrested (*)
« Reply #40 on: December 4, 2020, 06:59:06 pm »
Say it 'aint so Chippie Tits, say it 'aint so

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #41 on: December 4, 2020, 07:03:09 pm »
And that is not the reason he is not popular.

I’ve deleted a whole load of posts with ‘other reasons’
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42 on: December 4, 2020, 07:21:56 pm »
All you need to do to bribe fat Joe is give him a free supplily of food from the chippy ;D
#Sausages

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #43 on: December 4, 2020, 07:36:47 pm »
Its one of the curious aspects of our political system that an elected mayor can be deemed unpopular. That particular problem imo comes about with living in a city in which in effect a one party state (that also goes for many other places, red or blue politically).

In effect all a person needs to do is work yourself up the party ranks in Liverpool then the citys residents will vote for you no matter who you are, if you are any good, or if you have shady aspects to your life.

So to answer your question i would say he's unpopular but i only have anecdotal evidence of that, just from the fact ive never heard anyone say anything good about him but ive heard lots of bad opinions on him.

The quality of the Labour party representatives in Liverpool is really low and sadly due to the one party state that exists in Liverpool i cant see it getting any better.

This is the issue with a one party city. If the city will vote for any fool in a red rosette, a fool will get in.

There was plenty to dislike about Anderson's first term but there was never any danger of him losing power because the Lib Dems were in disgrace due to getting in bed with the Tories with the coalition.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: December 4, 2020, 07:38:21 pm »
Jeeez, the Lobster Pot was struggling before this 🤣
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 4, 2020, 07:39:57 pm »
I'm not saying there is a connection at all, but we're all fully aware of what has happened repeatedly in the city when it comes to apartment construction projects.  Buildings are frequently left half finished because shell companies collapse after their shady backers have creamed money from the top.  I recall an Echo article covering this.

Anderson has pushed for modern, luxury new builds in the city area and suburbs, such as Sefton Park Meadows, as he's said Liverpool needs more top-bracket Council Tax paying residents to help balance the books; but the destruction of certain historical buildings and the frequent collapse of building projects does beg questions over who is approving these projects and what kind of scrutiny they are receiving.

Anderson himself has frequently found his political ambitions in the wider Merseyside region stymied.  Pretty much all other areas - Wirral, Knowsley, Sefton and Halton - have lined up against him more than once.  I seem to recall most prominently when he sought the nomination for Liverpool Metro Mayor.  He also missed out on seeking to be Labour's parliamentary candidate for Steve Rotheram's seat when he took the Metro Mayor position.

Clearly he is not popular amongst the local Labour parties. If he HAD become a Liverpool MP and these allegations had surfaced, it would have put the PLP in a very difficult position.  It does make you wonder what has been known, by whom, and for how long?

It's also telling that when the likes of Burnham and Steve Rotheram teem up regarding the north west, Anderson is never anywhere near it. Burnham never seems to have anything to do with him and there's no love lost with Rotheram.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #46 on: December 4, 2020, 07:48:28 pm »
I know many who worked at LCC over past ten years will be having a celebrity drink tonight.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: December 4, 2020, 07:50:52 pm »
I know many who worked at LCC over past ten years will be having a celebrity drink tonight.

Like a Martini Freeman?

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 4, 2020, 07:51:12 pm »

Shouldn't they only be having a celibate drink tonight due to COVID restrictions?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 4, 2020, 07:52:01 pm »
Like a Martini Freeman?

Haha...damn you wooden hands and old man eyes...celebratory if you must

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #50 on: December 4, 2020, 07:54:05 pm »

Anderson has pushed for modern, luxury new builds in the city area and suburbs, such as Sefton Park Meadows, as he's said Liverpool needs more top-bracket Council Tax paying residents to help balance the books;

The reason why he had to go down that road is because he allowed thousands of student flats to be build. Buildings that do not generate a penny of council tax.

Also the owners and landlords that rent them do not keep the money in the city.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #51 on: December 4, 2020, 07:57:43 pm »
Thanks guys, interestingly north west news are also mentioning this stems from the enquiry into Elliot Lawless.
It made the ITV main news too
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #52 on: December 4, 2020, 07:58:37 pm »
It made the ITV main news too

It sounds as though Lawless has also been arrested.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: December 4, 2020, 08:01:43 pm »
Thanks guys, interestingly north west news are also mentioning this stems from the enquiry into Elliot Lawless.

This is what I said in the other thread (but think it was deleted).

Wouldn’t surprise me. He got done, along with someone else at the council, at the start of this year and his developments are all over the city so no doubt others must have been involved.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: December 4, 2020, 08:02:06 pm »
It sounds as though Lawless has also been arrested.

He was arrested last Christmas.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 4, 2020, 08:02:34 pm »
This is what I said in the other thread (but think it was deleted).

Wouldn’t surprise me. He got done, along with someone else at the council, at the start of this year and his developments are all over the city so no doubt others must have been involved.

Yes, they've been looking into his affairs for a while, it certainly fits in with the age etc.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 4, 2020, 08:05:59 pm »
This is the issue with a one party city. If the city will vote for any fool in a red rosette, a fool will get in.

There was plenty to dislike about Anderson's first term but there was never any danger of him losing power because the Lib Dems were in disgrace due to getting in bed with the Tories with the coalition.

Dunno what the answer is then. If the options are Labour, Tory or Lim Dem we are basically saddled with whoever the Labour party members in the city select as their man/woman irrespective of if they are competent/corrupt or not.

Frankly the people of Liverpool have no one else to blame but themselves for not demanding better.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 4, 2020, 08:09:43 pm »
That surprises me mate. From what I can see he's ensured there not been a single compulsory redundancy over 10 consecutive years of vicious and targeted Tory cuts and was willing to stand up to the pernicious Eric Pickles in particular. Mad isn't it?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 4, 2020, 08:10:34 pm »
Fuck sake right before he could finally fix the potholes.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 4, 2020, 08:44:17 pm »
That surprises me mate. From what I can see he's ensured there not been a single compulsory redundancy over 10 consecutive years of vicious and targeted Tory cuts and was willing to stand up to the pernicious Eric Pickles in particular. Mad isn't it?

Theres much, much more to it than that.....he headed a party group that had a policy....how he and his cohorts managed people within the council is a different thing.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #60 on: December 4, 2020, 09:07:16 pm »
"#Chippytits" is trending on Twitter

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #61 on: December 4, 2020, 09:10:41 pm »
Joe Anderson has a mate called Derek Hatton, who is 72 and lives in Aigburth.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 4, 2020, 09:13:33 pm »

Yet another problem with FPTP. It forces people to vote for a party no mattter how bad their candidate. It's also why I think it is terrible to 'always be a insert party name here man'. It's what happened to Scottish Labour and why eventually the electorate turned on them.

You should always be prepared to vote for an alternative party. I draw the line at Tories of course.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #63 on: December 4, 2020, 09:15:39 pm »
Note to self. Check the room for your 10 year old son before declaring "Chippy Tits has been arrested" at high volume as his mug is splashed across the tv screen.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #64 on: December 4, 2020, 09:19:31 pm »
Joe Anderson has a mate called Derek Hatton, who is 72 and lives in Aigburth.

He also has a son aged 33 from West Derby....

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 4, 2020, 09:30:18 pm »
I've long said you could stick a red rosette on a chicken in Liverpool and odds are it could get elected.  As much as I love the city's independence, it often seems to cut its nose off to spite it's face when it comes to politics.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 4, 2020, 11:55:00 pm »
You can't blame the city of Liverpool for voting Labour

It's the local Labour support for him that is the problem and is why he was the candidate and maintains support

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #67 on: December 5, 2020, 12:56:50 am »
Times confirming all but one of the names of those arrested. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/liverpool-mayor-joe-anderson-arrested-by-police-in-bribery-inquiry-m2m85zdb8

Spoiler
The mayor of Liverpool has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation as part of a corruption investigation into property deals.

Joe Anderson, 62, was questioned by officers from Merseyside police yesterday afternoon, The Times has learnt. Labour sources also said his membership had been suspended until proceedings concluded.

Four other men have also been arrested in connection with bribery and witness intimidation allegations.

They include Derek Hatton, 72, the former deputy leader of Liverpool city council and firebrand former member of the Trotskyist Militant Tendency, on suspicion of witness intimidation. Andy Barr, 46, the council’s assistant director of highways and planning, and the mayor’s son David Anderson, 33, were also arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation. A 25-year-old man from Ormskirk was also arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation.

The police investigation, Operation Aloft, was opened last year to scrutinise a string of deals between Liverpool city council and property developers amid allegations of corruption.

Mr Anderson chairs the council’s cabinet and is responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation, including building investor confidence.

He has pioneered the council’s “invest to earn” strategy, which has included significant investments in property projects to create jobs, support regeneration and generate income.

Mr Anderson is a former seafarer with the merchant navy turned pub landlord who became a Labour councillor in Liverpool in 1998. He went on to become the first directly elected mayor of Liverpool in 2012 and was re-elected in 2016.

He has gained national prominence in recent months when Liverpool has been struggling with high levels of the coronavirus infection.

He criticised the Westminster government for failing to secure agreement with local leaders before putting the city into the highest tier of restrictions in October. He branded the tiering system, introduced before the second lockdown, “a shambles”.

Since then, however, he has been praised by both Matt Hancock, the health secretary, and Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove, the Cabinet Office minister, for the city’s efforts to bring down infections. It saw the first trial of mass testing of asymptomatic people.

Writing in The Times last week, Mr Gove said: “In Liverpool, the mayor Joe Anderson bravely adopted measures above and beyond the old basic Tier 3 and championed mass testing. The result: falling infections, reduced hospitalisations and a smooth transfer to the new Tier 2.”

Neighbours of Mr Anderson said they had not seen him being arrested, but many had seen police vehicles on his street yesterday morning.

“I saw a lot of commotion but I don’t know what it was about,” a woman living opposite said last night. “There were a couple of police cars parked outside but I didn’t come out to try and find out what was going on.”

A woman who lives a few houses away said that the road “was covered with police this morning”. Another man added: “There was a van parked at one point that I noticed a few times. I’m not sure what they were doing but it wasn’t anything that piqued our interest.”

Nick Kavanagh, the council’s regeneration chief, was arrested last year on suspicion of taking bribes to facilitate fraud in connection to the sale of two council-owned sites to Elliot Lawless, a local developer. Both men were released on bail and an application by Merseyside police to extend bail was refused in court earlier this year.

Separately, the council began an internal investigation this year into how £4.2 million was spent on land for a construction training academy and an asphalt plant when only £3.5 million was approved by the cabinet.

Grant Thornton, the council’s auditor, has warned it does not expect to be able to sign off the council’s latest financial accounts because the police have two ongoing investigations into the council.

A spokesman for the council said: “Liverpool city council is co-operating with Merseyside police in relation to its investigation. We do not comment on matters relating to individuals.”
[close]
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #68 on: December 5, 2020, 03:45:36 am »
Times confirming all but one of the names of those arrested. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/liverpool-mayor-joe-anderson-arrested-by-police-in-bribery-inquiry-m2m85zdb8

Spoiler
[close]

While I doubt the police would be that in the nose with the operation name, Aloft is the name of a Hotel chain that moved into one of the old buildings in North John St/Dale street a few years ago. You'd think the operation involves development companies etc, they'd have chosen a different name

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #69 on: December 5, 2020, 09:39:48 am »

The police still haven’t cleared up the LibDem mess over LDL and the accusations around that.
The Chief Exec was on 2 years of gardening leave last I heard.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #70 on: December 5, 2020, 09:45:59 am »
Really not sure this thread is a good idea at all
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 5, 2020, 10:32:33 am »
I've long said you could stick a red rosette on a chicken in Liverpool and odds are it could get elected.  As much as I love the city's independence, it often seems to cut its nose off to spite it's face when it comes to politics.

The city is terrible at politics. This kind of thing is the result.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 5, 2020, 10:35:08 am »
You can't blame the city of Liverpool for voting Labour

It's the local Labour support for him that is the problem and is why he was the candidate and maintains support

No, but it's still local people voting for the fuckwit that got him into power and then kept him there.

Who knows if he clears his name or not, but without this happening he'd have sailed to the election next time as well. At least the Labour city region had the sense not to select him for that mayor. Funny how he planned to get rid of city mayor until he lost.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #73 on: December 5, 2020, 12:31:57 pm »
I´ve always liked the idea of an independent, non-party affiliated mayor for the city. Not going to happen though, as, as stated, a donkeys arse would win with a Labour rosette.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 5, 2020, 01:52:25 pm »
Anderson is now on bail pending further enquiries according to Merseyside Police..

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #75 on: December 5, 2020, 01:57:34 pm »
Anderson is now on bail pending further enquiries according to Merseyside Police..

The local chip shop breaths a sigh of relief.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 5, 2020, 06:59:30 pm »
Really not sure this thread is a good idea at all

Why? Is he on here as a spy from GOT?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #77 on: December 5, 2020, 07:29:02 pm »
Why? Is he on here as a spy from GOT?

Just thinking of the legal consequences for the site if anyone says anything they shouldn't (Even for a laugh)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #78 on: December 5, 2020, 07:44:12 pm »
Just thinking of the legal consequences for the site if anyone says anything they shouldn't (Even for a laugh)
If you see it, and you think it shouldn't be here, report it. The thread is starred anyway.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2020, 11:19:06 am »
Labour grapevine busy. Notable part is about Jenrick sending in commissioners.

The directly-elected executive city mayor Joe Anderson was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation on Friday, along with four other men. It is understood that this year-long police investigation into building and development contracts is just one of three major probes linked to planning and regeneration issues in the city. This is only the beginning of the matter, sources say, with one remarking that there will be “a lot of squealing going on” now. Anderson released a statement on Saturday saying he was interviewed for six hours and has been bailed to return in one month.

Anderson has been suspended from the party, but many questions remain. What does Labour, the city council and the government make of this development? After all, Anderson has a direct mandate. There are rumours that Local Government Secretary Robert Jenrick will announce an intervention tomorrow and send in commissioners. It has been pointed out, however, that Tory Lancashire council leader Geoff Driver was arrested in relation to the BT One Connect scandal in 2017, as part of the long-running Operation Sheridan that has since been widened to include Liverpool. He was not suspended by his party or subject to such an intervention. Driver is currently suing the Crown Prosecution Service.

Efforts will be made by Labour representatives today, including threats of council cabinet resignations, to persuade Anderson to allow his deputy to step up. There was first talk of rescinding the directly-elected mayoral model, but this idea is now out of favour according to LabourList sources, as Labour’s ruling body could manage the selection process if it is retained (and not swapped for the more localised leader/cabinet model). We’ll be keeping a close eye on how this situation unfolds.

https://labourlist.org/2020/12/liverpool-will-robert-jenrick-stage-an-intervention/

Think Tower Hamlets had commissioners running how the council spent money on grants, properties, and contracts for about 2 1/2 years not so long back.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."