Author Topic: Owlez, Owlez, Owlez - The Roy Hodgson Appreciation Thread.  (Read 257661 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: ''What do you mean do my methods translate?'' - Roy Hodgson
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:43 am »
Those quotes on the OP. My word that is a breathtaking lack of self awareness, ineptitude and downright stupidity. Particularly amusing when he is always spouting off about his own education.

What an absolute dick. God help palace
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2017, 09:03:32 am »
...What's this about the prick and apartheid?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9dde7502bb00e1b4676c27d7b5cd983b&topic=268379.msg7927253#msg7927253

I think he was finally questioned about it when appointed to the Ingurland job, but he and the FA waffled and brushed it off rapidly and changed the subject quickly.

But it was a questionable choice and time to go and work there.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2017, 09:07:49 am »
Out of curiosity and having a few idle minutes, I did a quick google last night for CP fansites and had a brief cursory browse through part of a Roy thread in the first site I found.

It's quite touching, while there's the odd poster or two who seem to be more aware of what's likely in store for them, the vast majority seem to think he'll be a good manager and are going on about his record as if it's been great.

It's all a bit strange.

Possibly they are just kids who have little real world knowledge of football matters outside of their own club except at tribal loyalty level and only have simplistic charicatures of personalities involved derived from redtop nonsense. Either that or they are suffering from an outbreak of delusional ideas of him and his abilities.

To be fair, I don't get the impression any of them think they will seriously challenge for European or Premiership glory, it's likely more about simply survival and having some hope of winning a few games and giving them something to smile about after a match, but I really don't get the impression most of them have much of a clue what they could well be in for with Roy in charge.

While I'd be delighted if they went down never to return, I expect them to now survive, but for him to probably last no more than a year in the job, and if he gets a FA cup run (imagine it....Utopia!), the clamour from his mates in the press for him to get a Knighthood will commence. I know I've banged on a bit about that but I really do think that's now his goal.

Interestingly, one anti-Roy post I glanced at, I didn't keep the link and can't be arsed going back to find it, did allege that Roy has been working for some time behind the scenes to get this job and had been meeting with the CP owners at least four weeks or so ago. I suppose it's not inconceivable that destabilization of DeBoer and the team could have been started then to facilitate his dismissal and enable Roys subsequent appointment. It's suspiciously like some of the threads and pro-Roy posts on here after he was appointed and even the events in the run up to his appointment here if I recall...It can't help but make you wonder if there's a behind the scenes pattern involved, an MO employed by Roy for the last 35 years, and in these days of media manipulation, a PR company astroturfing with positive spin on his behalf.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2017, 11:12:12 am »
Tailor-made job for Hodgson.  They could, conceivably, have no points from their first eight games (their next four games look tough), which would give the expectation of relegation.  Thus, if they managed to escape relegation, he'd be a hero.  Even if they do okay in their next four games, he'll ensure expectations are tempered by those first four games. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »
Those quotes on the OP. My word that is a breathtaking lack of self awareness, ineptitude and downright stupidity. Particularly amusing when he is always spouting off about his own education.

What an absolute dick. God help palace

More importantly I think what they highlight is what a thoroughly nasty piece of work he is. His ineptitude could be forgiven. I don't mind people being crap. But he's prepared to shit on whoever he has to to make himself look better, whether that be his own team's fans, fellow managers, his own players. As you say, an absolute dick.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2017, 12:13:00 pm »
There really is no justice in the world when most of us are scraping together a few quid every week for a pint at the weekend and Hodgson is a multi-millionaire.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:42 pm »
Tailor-made job for Hodgson.  They could, conceivably, have no points from their first eight games (their next four games look tough), which would give the expectation of relegation.  Thus, if they managed to escape relegation, he'd be a hero.  Even if they do okay in their next four games, he'll ensure expectations are tempered by those first four games. 

I can't wait for him to be failing in December and blame De Boer.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2017, 12:22:06 pm »

Or it could finally put the cap on an oil spill of a career that needs to end in ignominy (and we thought it had)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2017, 12:26:46 pm »
Mamadou Sakho will have quite the shock when he sees what training is like under Hodgson compared to Klopp.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:53 pm »
Mamadou Sakho will have quite the shock when he sees what training is like under Hodgson compared to Klopp.

I'm sure he loved Klopp.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2017, 12:54:26 pm »
This was a good listen this morning... https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/06/taw-special-hodgson/

from just after England got bounced out by Iceland.

'IN this TAW Player special Neil Atkinson speaks to Ben Johnson and Mike Nevin about Roy Hodgson’s fall from grace. It is Not Safe For Work. Or for Hodgson.

They get into Hodgson press statements, his time at Anfield, how he tries to manage situations and every last thing off their chest. It could well be the last time The Anfield Wrap talks about Roy Hodgson. So in Ben and Mike we decided to put our best guys on it.'

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2017, 12:56:56 pm »
Or it could finally put the cap on an oil spill of a career that needs to end in ignominy (and we thought it had)

Let's hope so.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2017, 01:04:44 pm »
I'm sure he loved Klopp.

I don't think that was the point ;)

He'll be going form  working for a progressive coach who fully backed and supported the players who wanted to work hard and give their all for the club, to working for a dinosour who's a twat of a personality who'll gladly throw his team under a bus.

Maybe they'll get on well mind.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2017, 01:20:08 pm »
Interesting. Sakho does like those quick line breaking vertical passes.
Wonder how he'll respond to the Hodge telling him to "just fucking hoof it" like he did to Agger.

Also, the number of people in the 3 threads about Hodgson citing his lack of self awareness is amazing - can't all be wrong :)

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2017, 01:29:09 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mU_qMiZSMsA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mU_qMiZSMsA</a>

Haha what a time to be alive! 😂

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:01 pm »
So here's to another season of Hodgson, please, this time, let it be the last.

unless it's a stint at the ev or the mancs, he deserves it

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »

Unfortunately I doubt there is any power in the universe that will open Hodgson's eyes to the long shit stain of failure that is his career.

It will always be somebody else's fault - no backing from the board, hostile fans, ignorant players - impeding his path to true greatness.  He will go to his grave honestly believing he is as good as Ferguson and better than Paisley.  And there are too many sycophants in the media and the LMA to keep him wrapped in his bubble of delusion.

For Hodgson, Liverpool was just another job.  Every job he's ever had has always been "just another job".  True Liverpool managers have felt it was the right place for them to be, that it would be their home.  They belonged.  For Hodgson though, everything has to adapt to HIM, rather than the other way around.

Liverpool being managed by Roy Fucking Hodgson was like being butt fucked with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.  Without Vaseline. And he will never, ever acknowledge or admit any fault or wrongdoing on his part.  Which I think is where a lot of the anger and resentment towards this multi millionaire perennial failure comes from.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2017, 05:45:03 pm »
Those quotes are both hilarious and thoroughly depressing at the same time. What a fucking idiot.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »
Wasn't it Hodgson who had a go at the fans, when we were demonstrating against the cancers? Seem to remember him moaning about saying how it affects the players.  ::)

Yup. I remember that. I was most certainly said by him the tosser.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2017, 05:46:20 pm »
No idea why I put myself through reading all those quotes again. I'm going to go watch Klopp's presser to feel good about the world again.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
Never been so disappointed with football as I was when Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager (that was hard to type), it was obvious what would happen. He was a media appointment, H & G had no idea who to employ so listened to the "Hodgson deserves a big club job" nonsense. Hated every moment of those few months and stopped watching us unless I really had nothing else at all to do.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2017, 07:39:42 pm »
Could be worse for Palace, they might have had Koeman

:moon
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2017, 04:40:54 pm »
Another famous quote from Roy Hodgson was after the dire 0-0 match against Costa Rica, when England had crashed out of the group with 1 point, where he said that, 'I am pleased at least to have given the fans something to cheer about'.  ::)

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2017, 08:00:43 pm »
Its hard to know what is going through Parrish's mind when appointing Hodgson. Surely he knows that this guy does not represent the future for his club?
The mans style of play is famously horrible.

Is it just some kind of name to prop up in front of fans, who might be equally fooled by the idea that Hodgson is a canny old operator?

The sad thing is that the same old shit English managers keep getting recycled. There are guys doing a bang up job in lower leagues who could really have a crack at doing something for a premier league club, who have actually got some decent talent you could get your hands on. Instead Mrs.  Doubtfire will strangle any creativity and add to the ranks of dismal to watch top flight clubs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2017, 08:27:43 pm »
Remember when pundits and journos used to complain that the flood of foreign managers was blocking up and coming English talent from honing their skills at top clubs?  More like it's the old boys' club hogging the managerial merry go round year on year.  Same faces, different club, year on year without fail.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2017, 08:40:42 pm »
Another famous quote from Roy Hodgson was after the dire 0-0 match against Costa Rica, when England had crashed out of the group with 1 point, where he said that, 'I am pleased at least to have given the fans something to cheer about'.  ::)

The best one was after he got the boot from England and tried to duck the ensuing press conference, something along the lines of "I don't quite know why I'm even here"

Such lack of awareness.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »
Here it is. Amazing:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/28/roy-hodgson-dont-know-what-doing-here-england-iceland-euro-2016

“I don’t really know what I am doing here. I thought my statement last night was sufficient,” he said. “I’m no longer the England manager, my time has gone but I was told it was important that I appear here.

“I guess that is partly because people are smarting from the defeat last night that saw us leave the tournament. I suppose someone has to stand and take the slings and arrows that come with it.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2017, 10:25:12 pm »
Here it is. Amazing:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/28/roy-hodgson-dont-know-what-doing-here-england-iceland-euro-2016

“I don’t really know what I am doing here. I thought my statement last night was sufficient,” he said. “I’m no longer the England manager, my time has gone but I was told it was important that I appear here.

“I guess that is partly because people are smarting from the defeat last night that saw us leave the tournament. I suppose someone has to stand and take the slings and arrows that come with it.
don't worry, Roy. We were thinking that the whole time.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2017, 12:12:22 am »
Remember when pundits and journos used to complain that the flood of foreign managers was blocking up and coming English talent from honing their skills at top clubs?  More like it's the old boys' club hogging the managerial merry go round year on year.  Same faces, different club, year on year without fail.
I'm amazed he made it through that tournament for another two years, complete charlatan.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2017, 06:01:04 am »
Here it is. Amazing:

I totally forgot about the post-Iceland statement! So hilarious that he'd clearly written it before the game. Truly preparing to fail.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2017, 07:19:13 am »
As much as I dislike Palace, I would never wish this face rubbing clueless  self important c*nt on them. I don't know if I even hate Man U or Everton enough to see me smile if he ended up with either of them. He is the most pathetic excuse for a manager I have ever seen in any walk of life and he deserves nothing.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2017, 08:19:49 am »
I don't know if I even hate Man U or Everton enough to see me smile if he ended up with either of them.

Seriously? I think it would be utopia if he ended up with one of those formidable teams.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2017, 08:23:31 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BR9-bh6O73g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BR9-bh6O73g</a>

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2017, 08:47:06 am »
Well read

The Unbearable Shiteness of Being (Managed by Hodgson)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2017, 08:58:16 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NXaC12DIZSA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NXaC12DIZSA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fR7f4cx2Rcc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fR7f4cx2Rcc</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PuZOgype3ZQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PuZOgype3ZQ</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Vz8t984o-E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6Vz8t984o-E</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FjX-M9T163c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FjX-M9T163c</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UHYO3qdFnhg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UHYO3qdFnhg</a>

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2017, 09:04:36 am »
It still feels like coming out of a nightmare, the idea that he once managed us. Watching some of those videos takes me back to places I don't want to go to.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2017, 09:42:42 am »
this thread is utopia.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »
On Radio5 just now... they said that he was lined up, or was being lined up to go on this years Strictly Come Dancing if Palace didn't come calling. I don't watch the bloody programme, but I would have probably peered in to watch that.

'Well, to be be fwank, I don't think my successful Waltz was going to .. ha... well... translate to my er.. ha.. foxtwot wearly'. Fuck off Palace.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2017, 12:56:22 pm »
On Radio5 just now... they said that he was lined up, or was being lined up to go on this years Strictly Come Dancing if Palace didn't come calling. I don't watch the bloody programme, but I would have probably peered in to watch that.

'Well, to be be fwank, I don't think my successful Waltz was going to .. ha... well... translate to my er.. ha.. foxtwot wearly'. Fuck off Palace.

As someone who enjoys the show thank heavens Palace stepped in.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2017, 01:46:35 pm »
We've seen Roy's incredibly nimble footwork on those training ground clips, bet he does a mean hot step or cha cha cha. What a loss to our screens this appointment is!