Author Topic: Jacaranda Re-Opening!  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Jacaranda Re-Opening!
« on: September 25, 2014, 10:52:23 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/iconic-liverpool-club-jacaranda-set-7819384

Yerrrrsssseeeee! Can't wait! Been too long since I've fallen down the proper steep stairs head first, pissed as a fart. ;D
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jacaranda Re-Opening!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 11:06:20 am »
Skeptical to be honest.

It went unbelievably downhill when they tried to update it and make it "trendy". That's never what the Jac was about and it wasn't required. The Jac should be a sweaty, hot, sticky floored, basic decor venue. Removing the jukey from the ground floor and putting a DJ in was awful. The two lads who did the open mic on a Thursday downstairs were binned off as well as far as I know. It used to be absolutely rammed on those Thursday nights down there, and the characters who went in and got up to sing were what made the place.

Unless it's gone back to how it used to be it won't be the same and won't be the Jac.

I hope I'm wrong to be skeptical though. I really miss it and it's something that was uniquely Scouse, but would welcome absolutely anyone, and dear to my heart since I started drinking in there when I was about 16. A night in the Jac was like nothing else, you'd end up speaking to about 50 new people sat round those big tables or packed into the booths.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:10:36 am by gregor »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 11:27:44 am »
First place I ever drank in in Liverpool. Agree with Gregor, might be difficult for it to be as good as it was back then. Good memories at least. Think I might have played that open mic a few times myself. And the jukey was ace. Remember annoying all my mates by putting Maggie May on loads.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:49:52 am »
It was the best gaff in town a few years ago, loved the place. Used to like going into Slaters over the road too but even that's shit now
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Online Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 97.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:16 pm »
Skeptical to be honest.

It went unbelievably downhill when they tried to update it and make it "trendy". That's never what the Jac was about and it wasn't required. The Jac should be a sweaty, hot, sticky floored, basic decor venue. Removing the jukey from the ground floor and putting a DJ in was awful. The two lads who did the open mic on a Thursday downstairs were binned off as well as far as I know. It used to be absolutely rammed on those Thursday nights down there, and the characters who went in and got up to sing were what made the place.

Unless it's gone back to how it used to be it won't be the same and won't be the Jac.

I hope I'm wrong to be skeptical though. I really miss it and it's something that was uniquely Scouse, but would welcome absolutely anyone, and dear to my heart since I started drinking in there when I was about 16. A night in the Jac was like nothing else, you'd end up speaking to about 50 new people sat round those big tables or packed into the booths.

Can only echo this. Being a working man, I don't drink out in town during the week now (matches excepted). Tell you what though, bring back those Thursday open-mic nights in the Jac though and I could be tempted. It was a quality night.

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 02:37:02 pm »
Prior to the re-fit it was one of my favourite places to drink in town. Went once after they'd changed the place and thought it was awful, hope they've rectified this but I'm not hopeful.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 08:47:11 am »
Same as everyone else, hope they make a good job of it - many a happy memory in the Jac, great music and even better if you could get in that snug in the basement, like drinking in a cave ha!

Remember one night drinking in there and some poor girl clearly didnt see the stairs and just walked into space, the bouncers went to her aide but it was a broken leg job. I was always wary of the stairs after that.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 09:08:02 am »
Loved The Jac when I lived in Liverpool. We'd always make grand plans to start there for a couple and move on, then we'd end up spending the whole night there. Brilliant atmosphere, though it was occasionally quite empty.