Author Topic: Wikileaks:  (Read 129022 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Wikileaks:
« Reply #1240 on: August 11, 2021, 08:29:41 pm »
He only left the embassy just over 2yrs ago and there are only 12 months in 1 year.

I meant weeks. 50 weeks. But I think you knew that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 08:34:41 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: August 11, 2021, 08:45:48 pm »
I meant weeks. 50 weeks. But I think you knew that.

I honestly didn't Nobby.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: August 11, 2021, 08:57:51 pm »
I honestly didn't Nobby.

OK, fair enough. Sorry.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: August 11, 2021, 09:33:29 pm »
50 months for skipping bail would be slightly extreme.

They should have sent Dog the Bounty Hunter to be honest

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1244 on: August 11, 2021, 10:00:50 pm »
50 months for skipping bail would be slightly extreme.

They should have sent Dog the Bounty Hunter to be honest
But it’s not is it?

He’s done his sentence for skipping bail.  However, he’s being extradited to the US, whilst waiting for this to go to trial he would normally go free on bail. 
But of course, you don’t get bail if you’ve skipped bail previously
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: August 11, 2021, 10:16:17 pm »

A batshit knobhead.

He actually has a BSc in physics and MSc in astrophysics, but his Wiki page is a history of picking fights with authority dating right back to his student days.

He set up a weather forecasting site in the 90's, using what he calls "The Solar Weather Technique". A weather forum I've been a member of for years used to have people taking the piss out of his fantastical forecasts (which you had to pay for) that were wrong, then he'd revise them afterwards in his review of how accurate he'd been. He threatened the site owner with legal action if he & his forecasts continued to be mentioned and ridiculed, and ever since 'Piers Corbyn' has been ***'d out by the forum software  ;D

Christ, poor Jeremy. Imagine looking at that knobhead of a brother and thinking he's the smart brother

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: August 12, 2021, 07:04:01 am »
But it’s not is it?

He’s done his sentence for skipping bail.  However, he’s being extradited to the US, whilst waiting for this to go to trial he would normally go free on bail. 
But of course, you don’t get bail if you’ve skipped bail previously

So, he's not got 50 months solely for skipping bail because 50 months solely for skipping bail doesn't exist?

I'm aware of why he's not going free on bail, I'm aware that he's done his sentence for skipping bail, I'm aware that, under the logic, he now shouldn't go free on bail. I was only really laughing about how 50 months was always going to be the wrong number because it does not, as far as I am aware, exist as a punishment solely for skipping bail...not even close.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: August 12, 2021, 10:04:22 am »
If he'd gone to Sweden and faced those rape charges, he'd be out by now...

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: August 12, 2021, 11:09:23 am »
If he'd gone to Sweden and faced those rape charges, he'd be out by now...

He wouldn't. He'd already be in the US (or, worse, in one their 'extraordinary rendition' countries) and knowing the pleasures of waterboarding and having his nads electrocuted.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: August 12, 2021, 11:10:12 am »

He wouldn't. He'd already be in the US (or, worse, in one their 'extraordinary rendition' countries) and knowing the pleasures of waterboarding and having his nads electrocuted.
Less likely to happen from Sweden to US than from UK to US, so nah not really

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: August 12, 2021, 03:32:29 pm »
Less likely to happen from Sweden to US than from UK to US, so nah not really
Yeah I really don't get the narrative.  If the UK really are just vassals of the US then surely the US would have just asked us to scoop him up and send him over 10 years ago.  Why would they mess around concocting this Swedish rape business to get him to a less friendly country first?

There was never a request from the US to extradite him back then, he just didn't want to face justice in Sweden.  But unfortunately for him, the combination of a Trump presidency and several years of him sitting in the embassy flicking Vs at the US meant that they got interested and so here we are.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: August 12, 2021, 05:19:48 pm »
Yeah I really don't get the narrative.  If the UK really are just vassals of the US then surely the US would have just asked us to scoop him up and send him over 10 years ago.  Why would they mess around concocting this Swedish rape business to get him to a less friendly country first?

There was never a request from the US to extradite him back then, he just didn't want to face justice in Sweden.  But unfortunately for him, the combination of a Trump presidency and several years of him sitting in the embassy flicking Vs at the US meant that they got interested and so here we are.

'Vassals' was literary licence  ;D - but we are submissive to Washington in many aspects.

Thankfully, our judiciary does retain a large element of independence (the majority of the time) and can overrule our government

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/14/amber-rudd-approves-lauri-love-extradition-to-us-on-hacking-charges
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/feb/05/hacking-suspect-lauri-love-wins-appeal-against-extradition-to-us

Perhaps Washington felt that the UK judiciary might block the extradition Assange, and perhaps knew that if Assange was convicted of a serious crime in Sweden, their judiciary wouldn't block an extradition.

None of us know.

And maybe he is just a turdbag of a rapist.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1252 on: August 12, 2021, 05:26:07 pm »

'Vassals' was literary licence  ;D - but we are submissive to Washington in many aspects.

Thankfully, our judiciary does retain a large element of independence (the majority of the time) and can overrule our government

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/14/amber-rudd-approves-lauri-love-extradition-to-us-on-hacking-charges
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/feb/05/hacking-suspect-lauri-love-wins-appeal-against-extradition-to-us

Perhaps Washington felt that the UK judiciary might block the extradition Assange, and perhaps knew that if Assange was convicted of a serious crime in Sweden, their judiciary wouldn't block an extradition.

None of us know.

And maybe he is just a turdbag of a rapist.

Quite.

And therefore, in the absence of any contrary evidence, we have to assume that the British legal system in our liberal democracy is functioning as it should and nothing nefarious has happened or is happening. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: December 10, 2021, 11:01:17 am »
Julian Assange can be extradited to US to face espionage charges, court rules
Decision overturns previous ruling that Wikileaks co-founder could not be extradited due to mental health concerns

Julian Assange can be extradited to the US, the high court has ruled as it overturned a judgment earlier this year.

The decision today deals a major blow to the Wikileaks co-founder’s efforts to prevent his extradition to the US to face espionage charges, although options to appeal remain open to his legal team.

A package of assurances were put forward this year as part of US attempts to overcome the ruling in January by the district court judge Vanessa Baraitser that Assange could not be extradited because of concerns over his mental health and risk of suicide in a US prison.

The Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett, sitting with Lord Justice Holroyde, ruled today at the high court that that he could be extradited.

More to come …

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/dec/10/julian-assange-can-be-extradited-to-us-to-face-espionage-charges-court-rules
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: December 10, 2021, 11:19:14 am »
Julian Assange can be extradited to US to face espionage charges, court rules
Decision overturns previous ruling that Wikileaks co-founder could not be extradited due to mental health concerns

Julian Assange can be extradited to the US, the high court has ruled as it overturned a judgment earlier this year.

The decision today deals a major blow to the Wikileaks co-founder’s efforts to prevent his extradition to the US to face espionage charges, although options to appeal remain open to his legal team.

A package of assurances were put forward this year as part of US attempts to overcome the ruling in January by the district court judge Vanessa Baraitser that Assange could not be extradited because of concerns over his mental health and risk of suicide in a US prison.

The Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett, sitting with Lord Justice Holroyde, ruled today at the high court that that he could be extradited.

More to come …

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/dec/10/julian-assange-can-be-extradited-to-us-to-face-espionage-charges-court-rules

:puke2

Lapdog Britain.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: December 10, 2021, 11:30:48 am »

:puke2

Lapdog Britain.

Wikileaks extradition, PM child born.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: December 10, 2021, 11:43:22 am »
Wikileaks extradition, PM child born.

I think you seriously overestimate how much of a shit anyone in the voting public here gives a shit about this creep!

The idea that his high court hearing was lined up at the end of October, in order to give the government a potential distraction card-to-play via child birth in the middle of December is a bit fanciful (or conspiratorial, even)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 11:45:04 am by Classycara »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1257 on: December 10, 2021, 11:47:29 am »
His leaking of Democratic emails wasn’t exactly a great idea, even if it’s not what he planned. He ended up doing Putin’s work for him:

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/14/julian-assange-wikileaks-election-clinton-trump/
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1258 on: December 10, 2021, 11:52:28 am »
I think you seriously overestimate how much of a shit anyone in the voting public here gives a shit about this creep!

The idea that his high court hearing was lined up at the end of October, in order to give the government a potential distraction card-to-play via child birth in the middle of December is a bit fanciful (or conspiratorial, even)

Quite. Whether or not the rape charges are dropped, the c*nt was actively working with Trump and his arsehole family to win the election in 2016 including the tactic of challenging the result if Hillary Clinton won:

“Hi Don if your father ‘loses’ we think it is much more interesting if he DOES NOT conceed [sic] and spends time CHALLENGING the media and other types of rigging that occurred—as he has implied that he might do,” Wikileaks wrote in a private Twitter message to Trump at around 6:30 p.m. on November 8.

Absolute scumbag and a Russian puppet.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1259 on: December 10, 2021, 11:55:19 am »
His leaking of Democratic emails wasn’t exactly a great idea, even if it’s not what he planned. He ended up doing Putin’s work for him:

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/14/julian-assange-wikileaks-election-clinton-trump/

I have no doubt it was planned.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: December 10, 2021, 01:56:43 pm »

Who for some reason felt he was above the law.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: December 10, 2021, 03:51:49 pm »

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's an utter c*nt.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: December 12, 2021, 10:23:40 am »

You are very much not alone. The love he gets from some sections of the media & celebrities is utterly bizarre considering what he’s known to have done.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1263 on: December 12, 2021, 05:05:31 pm »
oh there's no doubt he is. I think the media are on his side because they don't want journalists getting imprisoned for releasing stuff i guess. I can't speak for them though
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: December 12, 2021, 11:38:19 pm »
A whole thread of captains following orders.
Or capons following captions.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: December 13, 2021, 09:23:04 am »
A whole thread of captains following orders.
Or capons following captions.

Amusingly ironic shout, given how well documented Assange is willingly deferential and malleable when it comes to doing what the Russian intelligence services (and then the trump family) wanted him to do.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: December 13, 2021, 09:27:39 am »
Amusingly ironic shout, given how well documented Assange is willingly deferential and malleable when it comes to doing what the Russian intelligence services (and then the trump family) wanted him to do.

You made sense out of the post? Well done. I read it three times and gave up. Looked like a google translate job.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: December 13, 2021, 09:55:23 am »
You made sense out of the post? Well done. I read it three times and gave up. Looked like a google translate job.
Had to infer quite a bit, obviously.

But it was one of the more coherent 'you're all idiots and sheep except for me' messages that he's sent lately

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: December 13, 2021, 07:04:29 pm »

@richimedhurst

Assange was indicted for publishing docs that show US war crimes in Iraq & Afghanistan. His case is absolutely a matter of press freedom and transparency because he’s being punished for standard journalistic practices and exposing govt crimes. Literally nothing to do with 2016.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: December 13, 2021, 07:05:18 pm »
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1470217741781110789

My commentary on @MSNBC on why it's an attack on free speech/press to extradite Assange & try him under the Espionage Act

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: December 13, 2021, 07:27:56 pm »
@richimedhurst

Assange was indicted for publishing docs that show US war crimes in Iraq & Afghanistan. His case is absolutely a matter of press freedom and transparency because he’s being punished for standard journalistic practices and exposing govt crimes. Literally nothing to do with 2016.

And then it all went to his head and he mass dumped/outed people is the various intelligence branches from around the world instantly putting targets on their heads.

He's just lucky that they were all repatriated before they were killed.

Fuck him.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #1271 on: December 13, 2021, 07:31:49 pm »
And then it all went to his head and he mass dumped/outed people is the various intelligence branches from around the world instantly putting targets on their heads.

Fuck him.

100% this.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #1272 on: December 13, 2021, 07:32:05 pm »

And 100% this.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: December 13, 2021, 07:36:30 pm »

Like Snowden,pretends he acted from a genuine standpoint and then ran off to Russia,only Assange really believed that the UK gov would just let the Ecuadorians sneak him out Mourinho style

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: December 13, 2021, 08:36:57 pm »

Fuck him.

Were they all repatriated?

Some of those people were, for example, native Egyptians working covertly against the Mubarak dictatorship. Assange outed them. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: December 13, 2021, 08:47:04 pm »
Were they all repatriated?

Some of those people were, for example, native Egyptians working covertly against the Mubarak dictatorship. Assange outed them.

Yeah you're right,didn't even cross my mind.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: December 13, 2021, 09:38:15 pm »
Thank you.  :)
I've read it far more and believe it has possibilities.

However the internet is not conducive to crossings out and scribblings in and side of the page asteriskal improvements.

So I'm left with my original text.

Now you are a real writer, and I imagine you grew up writing, typing, your texts, and possibly - I would hope - still have original first drafts of some. And I know you like an ale so it also possible / probable / highly likely / indisputable that in those first thirsty drafts there are one or two sentences that sway the lines and drift off the path of your thought.

Out of real interest what is your favourite everday pen?
I loved uniball jetstreams, cheap, affordable,  but now they are a onestop throwaway and I like refillables if possible.

Cos you are a writer, I bet you still use paper,  that's why I am asking.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: December 13, 2021, 09:48:41 pm »
Had to infer quite a bit, obviously.

But it was one of the more coherent 'you're all idiots and sheep except for me' messages that he's sent lately
You're working too hard thinking about what I'm saying.
To me this is playtime.
And even though if it was possible I would put a Like on the last bit, just to please my Mum, the reality is I worry at how hard you are thinking to cliche dualities on to random strangers Sunday night internet messages.

It's not exactly Play Misty For Me.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: December 13, 2021, 10:15:02 pm »
Bejesus, that pompous arse goes right on the ignore list. What a fud.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: December 14, 2021, 09:04:18 am »
You're working too hard thinking.
The irony! Imagine writing those dozens of lines you wrote last night, and then suggesting I'm trying too hard haha

@richimedhurst

No, Assange was indicted for alleged complicity in illegal acts with Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning.

This person you've quoted is suggesting he's being punished for standard journalistic practices - but he hasn't even stood trial yet, so they're wrong there too.

Whether he's a journalist or not (I believe he's not) doesn't really matter. Journalists aren't rendered immune from prosecution for committing illegal acts in the pursuit of a story. If a journalist broke into Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's house and reported on something they found, they've committed a crime that they aren't immune from (regardless of whether the story is important or not). The same applies if there was illegal breaking into or hacking into government property or databases.

They are right to say that Assange's acts since 2015 have not yet been subject to indictment, but to be fair he's famously been quite difficult to put on trial for the things he's been accused of.