Author Topic: The FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 3676356 times)

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
Re: The FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #320 on: December 4, 2010, 04:42:38 pm »
GG treble

Swindon/Sheff Wed, Derby/Norwich, Brum/tottenham

WHEN BOTH TEAMS SCORE ITS GOALS GALORE

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: December 4, 2010, 04:58:09 pm »
GG

Levante V Atletico Madrid       
Arles V Nancy
Chievo V Roma
Montpellier V Lyon

The away sides are very decent atttacking wise but with a leaky back door, especially Nancy

None of the teams are in my allstar group, it really is just stat(wiki) logic so probably doomed to fail

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: December 4, 2010, 04:58:27 pm »
15 minutes or so before the Everton equaliser I backed a draw at 11/2. Happy with that

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #323 on: December 4, 2010, 05:05:20 pm »
With such slim picking of domestic games, I've basically been forced into picking these five games in a Both Teams To Score acca...

Ipswich-Swansea, Coventry-Middlesbrough, Birmingham-Spurs, Swindon-Sheff Wed and Wigan-Stoke. 17/1, decent start with the Ipswich-Swansea game, but I know Wigan-Stoke will let me down.

Didn't think I could dislike Middlesbrough as much as I did before today :nirnir
AHA!

Offline Alegre

• Main Stander
« Reply #324 on: December 4, 2010, 08:20:44 pm »
Wigan are defensively strong at home, under 1.5 goals for me

they conceeded 6 to chelsea and 4 to blackpool at the start of the season, since the middle of august - Man city are the only team to score more than once at the JJB

Wigan are also not firing the goals in themselves

0-0 or 1-0 for me
Clever guy!

Offline LCDP

• Still In The Closet.
  • Legacy Fan
  • in search of Narnia!
« Reply #325 on: December 4, 2010, 09:40:28 pm »
Clever guy!

It was just one of those random matches. Before today Wigan hadn't scored this season during the first half at home whilst Stoke hadn't in the first half of any of their away games.
Join Betfair, enter this referral code: AQFHMVNPL and enjoy some free money, Simples!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 4, 2010, 10:07:00 pm »
what are the chances of real-valencia to score 3 goals 2nd half and i get a push?

fuckin wankers,i really thought real will be aggressive after embarassment last week,
we'll have a 4-2 or 3-1 score.

thankfully marseille over 2.5 and leiria over 2.5 both hit at 2.15

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: December 5, 2010, 10:21:54 am »
Fcuk Atletico Madrid, cant score 1 against fcuking Levante

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 5, 2010, 11:18:11 am »
I'm going to wade into the plethora of angry faces, profanities and aftertiming* in an attempt to discuss a potential bet.

We went to watch Karlsruhe v Erzgebirge Aue a couple of weeks ago - Aue weren't a bad side in the first half, although, to be fair, were battered in the second half. That was away from home though, and you could tell they're a side who can keep it tight and control the game at home.

This is shown by their home record, which reads 6-0-0, scoring 10 and conceding a mere 3.

Aue are currently top of the table, a point clear with a game in hand.

Their opponents today are Ingolstadt, who currently sit second-from-bottom with 10 points. They've won three games all season, although two of them have come away. Their away form reads 1-0-5, scoring 7 and conceding 12. It should be noted they won 4-1 away last time out.

So I suppose Ingolstadt are in some small bit of form with two wins in two, which coincides with a new manager (two wins out of three for him). Aue lost 6-0 away to Cottbus in their last game, as well. If it was at Ingolstadt, I'd be swerving, but the fact it's back at Aue leaves me with the feeling Evens is a superb bet.

Seems to be bookmakers have just gone a bit crazy over two results akin to Sunderland beating Chelsea 3-0 and United losing 4-0 away to West Ham. If United faced Sunderland this week, would they be Evens?

I'm waiting for our German correspondent Al Bol to give me injury news if he can, but from what Babelfish tells me, there's very little up.

Get on it.

*Backed UD Leiria at home to Braga at nearly 2/1 yesterday - previous form read 4-1-1 and 0-2-4. Is right. Seriously, back whoever faces Braga at home.

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #329 on: December 5, 2010, 11:33:05 am »
I'm going to wade into the plethora of angry faces, profanities and aftertiming* in an attempt to discuss a potential bet.

We went to watch Karlsruhe v Erzgebirge Aue a couple of weeks ago - Aue weren't a bad side in the first half, although, to be fair, were battered in the second half. That was away from home though, and you could tell they're a side who can keep it tight and control the game at home.

This is shown by their home record, which reads 6-0-0, scoring 10 and conceding a mere 3.

Aue are currently top of the table, a point clear with a game in hand.

Their opponents today are Ingolstadt, who currently sit second-from-bottom with 10 points. They've won three games all season, although two of them have come away. Their away form reads 1-0-5, scoring 7 and conceding 12. It should be noted they won 4-1 away last time out.

So I suppose Ingolstadt are in some small bit of form with two wins in two, which coincides with a new manager (two wins out of three for him). Aue lost 6-0 away to Cottbus in their last game, as well. If it was at Ingolstadt, I'd be swerving, but the fact it's back at Aue leaves me with the feeling Evens is a superb bet.

Seems to be bookmakers have just gone a bit crazy over two results akin to Sunderland beating Chelsea 3-0 and United losing 4-0 away to West Ham. If United faced Sunderland this week, would they be Evens?

I'm waiting for our German correspondent Al Bol to give me injury news if he can, but from what Babelfish tells me, there's very little up.

Get on it.

*Backed UD Leiria at home to Braga at nearly 2/1 yesterday - previous form read 4-1-1 and 0-2-4. Is right. Seriously, back whoever faces Braga at home.

Just copied this from punterslounge for you.

Aue-Ingolstadt

Well, I think there is some value on Ingolstadt.They are in winning streak with 2 wins in a row, and their today opponent is well known from Bundesliga 3.I've read that main objective of Aue is to get 40 points and after that they will decide what to do next.It's possible that it will be too early for hosts to get involved in battle for promotion in their first season in BL2.They suffer a demolition at Cotbuss of 6:0 in last match, so their form is probably in downtrend.For today match they are without Klingbeil (def,14,0,susp) and Braham (FW, rehab).

Ingolstadt, as said already, coming after two consecutive wins against Bohum (1:4 away) and Union Berlin (1:0 home).Their main power and reason for better play in last games is new trainer Mohlmann who is far better than ex one.He is also take "from the ice" captain and real leader of this team Leitl who was scored 5 goals in last 3 matches and who was under suspension at ex trainer.I expect that guests will give at least decent fight today and, adding Mohlmann at the bench and in-form Leitl, I can see value in Ingolstadt.

So I'm going to try:

Ingolstadt (+0.25) @ 2.33 SboBet
Over 2,5 @ 2.01 Sbobet

GL all
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 5, 2010, 11:40:10 am »
Cheers for that.

Not sure why Braham is mentioned, as he's never played for Aue by the looks of things. Certainly not this season. I've just researched the Cottbus defeat and Klingbeil was sent off in the first half, which may attribute to the drubbing they received.

Definitely ending in a draw now, isn't it?  ;D

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #331 on: December 5, 2010, 11:41:15 am »
Cheers for that.

Not sure why Braham is mentioned, as he's never played for Aue by the looks of things. Certainly not this season. I've just researched the Cottbus defeat and Klingbeil was sent off in the first half, which may attribute to the drubbing they received.

Definitely ending in a draw now, isn't it?  ;D

If you can get a half decent price on DnB i'd take it.

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: December 5, 2010, 11:44:56 am »
The team who they are playing have a home record of 6-0-0.  Ingolstadt away record reads 1-0-5.

Be careful

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 5, 2010, 11:48:10 am »
The team who they are playing have a home record of 6-0-0.  Ingolstadt away record reads 1-0-5.

Be careful

Yeah, I said that in my post and I just can't ignore it, although I do appreciate dobbs' digging for info. I just don't see the impact the absentees will have, myself, and the new manager hasn't faced any team of real stature/importance right now.

Aue could very well be a Burnley/Hull here and that 6-0 defeat will start the decline, but at Evens, I'm willing to have a little pop - won nicely on Leiria and the AC Milan/Real Madrid/Barca treble so not the end of the world if it doesn't come in.

If someone backs the draw, at least we'll all be winners. Who fancies it?

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #334 on: December 5, 2010, 11:54:32 am »
Yeah, I said that in my post and I just can't ignore it, although I do appreciate dobbs' digging for info. I just don't see the impact the absentees will have, myself, and the new manager hasn't faced any team of real stature/importance right now.

Aue could very well be a Burnley/Hull here and that 6-0 defeat will start the decline, but at Evens, I'm willing to have a little pop - won nicely on Leiria and the AC Milan/Real Madrid/Barca treble so not the end of the world if it doesn't come in.

If someone backs the draw, at least we'll all be winners. Who fancies it?

I'm sold, think the value is with the home team. Small punt on the outright.

I'm not going to pile in on the match odds though, going to go for half time score as well - 1-0 at 4.5 on betfair.

edit: Live on betfair video too.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2010, 11:58:53 am by dobbadobbs »

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: December 5, 2010, 12:16:57 pm »
Villareal and Sunderland double is my main bet for the day.

AGS - Gyan, Carroll, Osvaldo and Nilmar

Both to score - West Brom/Newcastle, Malaga/Santander, Parma/Udinese and Fiorentina/Cagliari

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 5, 2010, 12:20:27 pm »
My accy for the day!

Espanyol (They sit 4th in La Liga,opponents Sporting Gijon in 17th,Espanyol at home)
Marseille (They sit 2nd in Ligue 1,opponents Nice in 16th,Nice at home but cant see it being a problem)
Bayer Leverkusen (They sit 4th in the Bundesliga,opponents FC Koln in 17th,Bayer at home)
West Brom (This is the wildcard for the accy,would recommend maybe swapping it for Villareal below but I've got a feeling they'll get the 3 points today.Equal with Newcastle on points in the league and West Brom at home.WBA fresh from a win over Everton,Newcastle not having won in their last 4.Cons . . . One of those non wins was a draw at Chelsea and these two drew on both meetings last season.)

€10 returns €97

Also Villareal are facing Sevilla.Fancy Villareal but not convinced.But if anyone fancies a gamble add that to the other four and €10 returns €176.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #337 on: December 5, 2010, 01:04:07 pm »
What are all these '€' about?

Anyway, anyone risking Sampdoria 4/5 at home to bottom side Bari?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #338 on: December 5, 2010, 01:11:45 pm »
Given they played on Thursday, no.

Not a lot for me this weekend, although I'll probably end up laying PSG, tempted by a Nilmar wincast as well.

I'm just devestated Kevin Nolan's not playing today :(
hi

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: December 5, 2010, 01:13:01 pm »

Apologies!Dont mean to confuse!

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #340 on: December 5, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »
Given they played on Thursday, no.

Not a lot for me this weekend, although I'll probably end up laying PSG, tempted by a Nilmar wincast as well.

I'm just devestated Kevin Nolan's not playing today :(

Villarreal -1, no?

Offline LCDP

• Still In The Closet.
  • Legacy Fan
  • in search of Narnia!
« Reply #341 on: December 5, 2010, 01:59:13 pm »

Sampdoria drawing far too many games this season. Probably be better off getting on Pazzini who's scored 5 in his last 3 games.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2010, 02:00:47 pm by LCDP »
Join Betfair, enter this referral code: AQFHMVNPL and enjoy some free money, Simples!

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: December 5, 2010, 02:24:35 pm »
1-1 FT. Sorry lads.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: December 5, 2010, 03:23:11 pm »
had 40 on both to score in west brom

92nd minute is being kind to me recently

:)  (cagliari goal would be nice on my 4 fold now!)

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #344 on: December 5, 2010, 03:24:24 pm »
1-1 FT. Sorry lads.

Wasn't a bad shout. Was about 4 saves from a corner Aue had second half.

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: December 5, 2010, 03:26:13 pm »
Cant see past a Sunderland win now surely?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: December 5, 2010, 03:34:23 pm »
15 squid on Marseille, Sunderland, St Ettienne, Dortmund and Juve; 35/1. Been a rubbish coupla weeks of betting so I hope something breaks for me.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #347 on: December 5, 2010, 03:39:39 pm »
Can someone tell me why Sunderland are almost evs?

West Ham are abysmal away from home and Sunderland have lost once in 17 at home (v Man U)
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #348 on: December 5, 2010, 03:48:01 pm »
Villarreal and Espanyol double today.

Going to back over 3.5's in Bilbao v Sociedad later. Bilbao concede a lot of away from home and usually score themselves. It will be an open match with both teams going for it in the local derby. Sociedad home games usually get over 2.5 likewise with Bilbao away and I'm confident here.

Sociedad games have been over in 8 of the last 9 games.
Bilbao's last 5 away games have all been overs with 25 goals been scored in those 5.

Over 3.5 pays @ 3.25

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 5, 2010, 03:53:19 pm »
West Brom in. Need Sunderland/Espanyol/PSG to save an awful weekend.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 5, 2010, 04:38:02 pm »
Now hawez Espanyol, pleassssse.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: December 5, 2010, 05:11:16 pm »
Espanyol down to 10..

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 5, 2010, 05:18:56 pm »
West Brom Win IN
Sampdoria Win IN
Sunderland Win IN

Need Villarreal to win to bring it in.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2010, 05:54:37 pm by El_9_Nino »

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: December 5, 2010, 05:27:28 pm »
Get in Espanyol 1-0 Hold on for 20 mins now you nuggets.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 5, 2010, 05:28:36 pm »
Espanyol thank fuck

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: December 5, 2010, 05:30:44 pm »
Aghhhh come on Marseille! :(

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: December 5, 2010, 05:37:48 pm »
Get in Espanyol 1-0 Hold on for 20 mins now you nuggets.
You watching it or just following the score?

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: December 5, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »
You watching it or just following the score?
Watching it mate into injury time now.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #358 on: December 5, 2010, 05:50:05 pm »
I would like a Mallorca goal to continue my GG 5-fold into it's final leg in Naples tomorrow (FUCK OFF YOU SHIT ISLANDERS).

Thank you.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 5, 2010, 05:50:28 pm »
Espanyol are boss. 1-0!