Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1049155 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #8640 on: September 13, 2021, 11:37:05 am »
Such a nice experience to watch a game of football between Liverpool and Leeds and have the first 10 mins filled by Tyler talking about Ronaldo, Man Utd and Tennis. And the Super League.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8641 on: September 13, 2021, 12:41:11 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RrkCOUNS6GM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RrkCOUNS6GM</a>

50 seconds in, the start of the move for the first goal.

This is why Andres es el primero.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8642 on: September 18, 2021, 05:48:22 pm »
Andy Hinchcliffe, the co-commentator on Sky for the Villa-Everton game is so annoying. To hear him talk you'd think he was Roy of the Rovers or something, every single comment seems to be a criticism of the player. Goalie, Defender, Midfield or Forward doesn't matter.

He was covering the Everton Burnley games and someone skied the ball, and he said something like "I can't criticize". Me and the brother-in-law looked at each other and said "He never does anything else"
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8643 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:09 pm »
Alex Scott now presents Football Focus
 :butt   

I like her.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8644 on: September 24, 2021, 02:57:58 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8645 on: September 24, 2021, 06:32:26 am »
Sid wadell was a great shout.
They should get Attenborough in to commentate one of our games.
' and defying nature, the man made of granite leaps majestically into the air, rising to meet Trent's whipped in ball and plant it firmly into the bottom corner. Pickford dives too late for the ball, but the cameras capture his freakishly small arms flapping like a mocking bird. Liverpool once again subdue their prey, and feast on the three points.

--edit-- everything sounds good in Attenborough voice
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8646 on: September 25, 2021, 12:21:52 pm »
Michael Owen is very good on the premier league overseas show. Today on Lampard v Tuchel’s set up was good.

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8647 on: September 25, 2021, 12:35:51 pm »
This 3 on BT sports are terrible

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8648 on: September 25, 2021, 01:11:14 pm »
Michael Dawson is fucking useless.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8649 on: September 27, 2021, 10:17:25 am »
Martin Keown showing last night on MOTD what's wrong with pundits these days (one of many things). So reactive to 1 performance. Few weeks back he was questioning everything Arsenal. Last night, some of the stuff he was coming out with. This front 4 will be a famous 4. The signings they have made are big characters. Arteta has only had 12 games with a crowd and already he's making great strides. The futures bright for Arsenal.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8650 on: September 27, 2021, 11:43:25 am »
Crooks at it again.

Henderson: Liverpool's draw at Brentford was an extraordinary game to watch and yet I was struggling to find a player to select for my team. The match was littered with mistakes and moments of occasional brilliance.

I refuse to select defenders who concede three goals at home or away and strikers who miss more chances than they score - although I have to make an exception for Salah - which leaves me with Jordan Henderson.

Liverpool keep trying to write this lad off but when the Merseysiders hit the buffers, and they did against Brentford, Henderson is the one player they can depend on to see them through the crisis. An exceptional professional.

I am actually starting to feel sorry for this bloke, he really isn't right in the noggin.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #8651 on: September 27, 2021, 11:46:05 am »
Martin Keown showing last night on MOTD what's wrong with pundits these days (one of many things). So reactive to 1 performance. Few weeks back he was questioning everything Arsenal. Last night, some of the stuff he was coming out with. This front 4 will be a famous 4. The signings they have made are big characters. Arteta has only had 12 games with a crowd and already he's making great strides. The futures bright for Arsenal.

Tony Adams was exactly the same straight after the game on Sky. It was like they're going to be challenging for the title next year.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8652 on: September 27, 2021, 11:48:31 am »
Emma Hayes is great, shame she's also a manager too as it'd be great to have her on more slots. Alex Scott being shifted also is a bit annoying.

I think it's time they need to move on the Sounesses of the world, surely.
YNWA.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8653 on: September 27, 2021, 12:00:06 pm »
Crooks at it again.

I am actually starting to feel sorry for this bloke, he really isn't right in the noggin.

Liverpool keep trying to write this lad off? Crooks is still living in 2012 bless him.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8654 on: September 27, 2021, 12:05:49 pm »
Crooks at it again.

Liverpool keep trying to write this lad off? Crooks is still living in 2012 bless him.

Hes definitely odd. I follow a few 70s, 80s football accounts on twitter and someone posted an old Shoot segment with Crooks from 1981 when they ask a load of questions.
When it got down to best friend, his answer was "my lawyer"

Weirdly his answer for most friendly fans, other than Spurs, was Liverpool and Everton. So his hatred of us must come from something else.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8655 on: September 27, 2021, 01:40:28 pm »
What's Crooks going on about ?  Liverpool keep trying to write the bloke off. He was given the captaincy and a massive contract, and fully deserved both I should add. Many fans have him down as one our best captains ever by the way he has performed and conducted himself. Not only is Crooks have a weird obsession with us, but his editor clearly just lets him write whatever nonsense he wants. Strange fella, obviously just wants attention

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8656 on: September 27, 2021, 01:46:38 pm »
It's amazing that people are still taking Crooks seriously after all this time

I don't know if it's deliberate on his part but if you've seen him in Final Score the past 20 years or however long he's been on it he's a bit of a characterture and actually hilarious if you don't take him seriously

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8657 on: September 28, 2021, 08:42:08 am »
I certainly don't take him seriously - but I must admit I do read his column most weeks for its carnival bizarre quality. If he's doing a tongue-in-cheek bit then fair play to him; I always thought he was serious, especially with his Crooks of the Matter segment where he addresses stuff like racism and the future of the sport.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8658 on: September 28, 2021, 09:13:55 am »
It's amazing that people are still taking Crooks seriously after all this time

I don't know if it's deliberate on his part but if you've seen him in Final Score the past 20 years or however long he's been on it he's a bit of a characterture and actually hilarious if you don't take him seriously
I think part of that is that such an obvious buffoon is given a platform for his nonsense, which can sometimes creep into mainstream thinking. His hatchet job on Mo is a case in point. The fact that he's paid for doing so rankles a bit too.

Who knows though? It wouldn't surprise me if he was sacked years ago, but offered to do it for nothing so they agreed for a quiet life.

If you could guarantee they were universally ignored they'd be harmless, but the way media and the game in general validates their opinions, unfortunately they can affect clubs and players as we've seen.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8659 on: September 28, 2021, 10:26:25 am »
Carney is absolutely everywhere now. Doesn't help that her voice is like nails down a blackboard.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8660 on: September 30, 2021, 01:12:34 pm »
Glenn Hoddle's not too bad having heard him a few times recently. Wasn't too keen on him last season but he's better than most out there. It was way better listening to him on BT last night than listening to McManaman just say "yep" and "nope" all night

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8661 on: September 30, 2021, 02:57:37 pm »
Glenn Hoddle's not too bad having heard him a few times recently. Wasn't too keen on him last season but he's better than most out there. It was way better listening to him on BT last night than listening to McManaman just say "yep" and "nope" all night

To my ears, Hoddle's been a much better commentator since returning from his severe health scare/cardiac arrest...much more genial, less arrogant and more appreciative of other sides as opposed to being a Chelsea/Spurs cheerleader.....certainly head and shoulders above Steve MacShithouse when it comes to covering our games....I expect being at death's door has (as is often the case) made him rethink himself...although I wouldn't recommend it as a career move
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lochgelly Violet

• Main Stander
« Reply #8662 on: September 30, 2021, 03:04:19 pm »
Yeah great shout - he was a schoolteacher at Cowley Grammar or West park I think. And let's not forget his mentor the great Eddie Wareing.

:)

He was a teacher at Parr. My granddad was the head there.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8663 on: September 30, 2021, 03:05:34 pm »
What's Crooks going on about ?  Liverpool keep trying to write the bloke off. He was given the captaincy and a massive contract, and fully deserved both I should add. Many fans have him down as one our best captains ever by the way he has performed and conducted himself. Not only is Crooks have a weird obsession with us, but his editor clearly just lets him write whatever nonsense he wants. Strange fella, obviously just wants attention

I get the impression that he would be pure hell to edit, so it's easier to just let him get his way. Much like Giles Coren or someone like that.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8664 on: September 30, 2021, 03:11:47 pm »
The CL goals show crew should do all football punditry, ever.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #8665 on: September 30, 2021, 03:25:28 pm »

Absolutely
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8666 on: September 30, 2021, 04:09:31 pm »
I get the impression that he would be pure hell to edit, so it's easier to just let him get his way. Much like Giles Coren or someone like that.
I'm still convinced he was sacked ages ago, but keeps turning up and no one has the heart to throw him out.

Agree on the goals show. Watched a bit last night and was quite impressed on the whole.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8667 on: September 30, 2021, 04:45:15 pm »

Who was on it mate ?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8668 on: September 30, 2021, 04:48:46 pm »
Who was on it mate ?

Danny Mills, Steve Nicol and Andy Hinchcliffe
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8669 on: September 30, 2021, 04:55:37 pm »
Glad to see Mccoist getting a lot of votes. Very entertaining, positive, good to listen to. Doesn’t try to come across as a tactical genius like the sky lot.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8670 on: September 30, 2021, 05:30:42 pm »
How the hell did 12 people vote for Pat Nevin?

Glad to see Mccoist getting a lot of votes. Very entertaining, positive, good to listen to. Doesn’t try to come across as a tactical genius like the sky lot.

Exactly. Also seems to actually enjoy being there. Lawrenson would rather have been at his own funeral than watch some game judging by his tone sometimes.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8671 on: September 30, 2021, 05:52:08 pm »
Who was on it mate ?

It's James Richardson, James Horncastle, Raphael Honigstein and Julien Laurens. They're all excellent. They also do the Totally Football Show European podcast on a Tuesday every week.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #8672 on: September 30, 2021, 05:54:57 pm »
Until I watched some of it last night for the first time this season I forgot that I actually like that bt goals show. one of the very few non-lfc football things I'll watch these days.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8673 on: October 1, 2021, 11:39:08 am »
Nedum Onouha is excellent. Far more eloquent than most ex players.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8674 on: October 1, 2021, 11:39:37 am »
Danny Mills, Steve Nicol and Andy Hinchcliffe

hahaha dream team then !  :)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8675 on: October 1, 2021, 11:40:18 am »
It's James Richardson, James Horncastle, Raphael Honigstein and Julien Laurens. They're all excellent. They also do the Totally Football Show European podcast on a Tuesday every week.

That's a great panel. Don't know much about Horncastle but the others are great, must watch that thank you

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8676 on: October 2, 2021, 03:26:03 pm »
Chris Sutton constantly giving Savage digs on BT means he's gone up in my estimation!

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8677 on: October 2, 2021, 03:42:15 pm »
Chris Sutton constantly giving Savage digs on BT means he's gone up in my estimation!

yes its quite funny

that Steve Sidwell pisses me off though

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8678 on: October 2, 2021, 04:08:14 pm »
that Steve Sidwell pisses me off though

He's a prime example of why footballers have the stereotype of being thick.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8679 on: October 7, 2021, 09:16:44 am »
I wonder if any of them will have the morals to speak out about the Saudis if their takeover goes through. None of the Sky Sports lads will anyway, they'll all be saying about how good it is for football, how it will add a new competitive edge, how it will bring more world class players to the league.
Like him or not, and for years I have disliked him for one particular reason, but Colin Murray went up in my estimation when he quit TalkSport when they were taken over by the owners of the scum.