Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011089 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #8080 on: July 7, 2018, 12:25:29 pm »
Brazil played better with him on the pitch. It’s baffling why their coach couldn’t see that.

Because he panders to egos/Brazilian press?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8081 on: July 7, 2018, 12:57:09 pm »
I think he was mainly being used as an impact sub, but at least he's coming home early and uninjured which helps Liverpool.

Early, uninjured and hungry for a trophy. Perfect.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8082 on: July 7, 2018, 01:05:23 pm »
Yes Bobby is a true team player unlike Neymar who is like the kid in the playground who thinks he's better than everyone else and goes on pointless dribbles to prove it.

Neymar actually created more for Brazil than anyone last night. I know it's popular at the moment to have a go at Neymar but let's get real.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8083 on: July 7, 2018, 01:07:57 pm »
Neymar actually created more for Brazil than anyone last night. I know it's popular at the moment to have a go at Neymar but let's get real.

He is a greedy fucker,I know it's not cool to say that at the moment but lets get real.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8084 on: July 7, 2018, 01:10:52 pm »
He is a greedy fucker,I know it's not cool to say that at the moment but lets get real.

So greedy he made 7 key passes last night. No other Brazilian attacker had more than 2. He should be more greedy for Brazil if anything. His teammates aren't at his level, so I'd have preferred him to be more aggressive in looking for the shot.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #8085 on: July 7, 2018, 01:13:21 pm »
Fucking love Bobby.

Criminal that they started Jesus over him.

I’m really quite content that he keeps performing for us and gets ignored by the media and his NT etc. It keeps the neighbourhood bullies in Spain, Germany and Italy away.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8086 on: July 7, 2018, 01:15:39 pm »
So greedy he made 7 key passes last night. No other Brazilian attacker had more than 2. He should be more greedy for Brazil if anything. His teammates aren't at his level, so I'd have preferred him to be more aggressive in looking for the shot.

7 key passes that led to fuck all and numerous runs into blind alleys when he could and should have passed.

His teammates weren't on his level  :lmao

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8087 on: July 7, 2018, 01:17:36 pm »

7 key passes that led to fuck all

That's not his fault though is it?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8088 on: July 7, 2018, 01:18:19 pm »
7 key passes that led to fuck all and numerous runs into blind alleys when he could and should have passed.

His teammates weren't on his level  :lmao

Wait, what? You do realise that it's not his fault they led to nothing right? Unless you believe he's to blame for his teammates doing nothing with them.

Feel free to try and argue that Wilian and Gabriel Jesus are at the same level. Coutinho too was guilty of being way more greedy than Neymar. He tried to do his superman routine and smashed many shots against defenders.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8089 on: July 7, 2018, 01:24:46 pm »
That's not his fault though is it?

It all boils down to what is considered a key pass,he likes to hold onto the ball and pass it such a way that the receiver then has to move it on,he did that so many times last night.

I get that he is a good player but he isn't as good as he and some others like to think he is.

I personally think that Neymar and Phil are too similar to play in the same team,granted it will work fine in some matches but not enough times for them to win a tourney,last night they were both slowing Brazils play down far too much.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8090 on: July 7, 2018, 01:24:51 pm »
I'm still drunk  ;D

Have a nice day
« Last Edit: July 7, 2018, 01:30:28 pm by deFacto »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8091 on: July 7, 2018, 01:29:00 pm »
Wait, what? You do realise that it's not his fault they led to nothing right? Unless you believe he's to blame for his teammates doing nothing with them.

Feel free to try and argue that Wilian and Gabriel Jesus are at the same level. Coutinho too was guilty of being way more greedy than Neymar. He tried to do his superman routine and smashed many shots against defenders.

Yup.... Neymar was one of the best attackers in the World Cup if not the best but he’ll be remembered as a flop because he rolls around a lot and #narrative

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8092 on: July 7, 2018, 01:29:14 pm »
Hahahahahahahhaha, oh fuck me. He just had a season with 17 assists as a center forward and averages double digit assists per season at the club, but he's a greedy fucker alright.

Hahahahah

27 goals, 17 assists, yeah he's not as good as we think.

HAHAHHAHAHA.

Have a nice day

For PSG.

Bobby and Costa changed the game,Neymar let it pass him by.

I am just glad that Bobby is coming back home injury free and as hungry as the cookie monster.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8093 on: July 7, 2018, 01:30:09 pm »
For PSG.

Bobby and Costa changed the game,Neymar let it pass him by.

I am just glad that Bobby is coming back home injury free and as hungry as the cookie monster.

My bad mate, I thought you were talking about Bobby, not Neymar. Don't mind me, I'm still drunk  ;D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8094 on: July 7, 2018, 01:33:59 pm »

It all boils down to what is considered a key pass

Sure, but are you as suspicious of key pass figures for everybody? Unless you think statisticians are fudging their key pass definitions to give Neymar more glory?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8095 on: July 7, 2018, 01:38:26 pm »
Sure, but are you as suspicious of key pass figures for everybody? Unless you think statisticians are fudging their key pass definitions to give Neymar more glory?

I watched all of his games during this WC.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8096 on: July 7, 2018, 01:38:34 pm »
From @oh_that_crab.  Neymar at World Cup:

2.87 Passing Value Added (2nd)

28 completed passes into the box (leads all players)

16 open play key passes (leads all players)

1.99 On Ball Progression Added
(leads all players)

59 touches in the box (leads all players)

19 completed dribbles (3rd)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8097 on: July 7, 2018, 01:46:04 pm »

It all boils down to what is considered a key pass,he likes to hold onto the ball and pass it such a way that the receiver then has to move it on,he did that so many times last night.

I get that he is a good player but he isn't as good as he and some others like to think he is.

I personally think that Neymar and Phil are too similar to play in the same team,granted it will work fine in some matches but not enough times for them to win a tourney,last night they were both slowing Brazils play down far too much.

From last night.

Neymar corner Silva hits post from 2 yards.
Neymar breaks down the right plays in Coutinho shoots wide.
Neymar plays in Bobby who shoots just over
Neymar shot brilliantly saved at the end.

He contributed massively.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8098 on: July 7, 2018, 01:49:56 pm »
People are just disparaging Neymar cos he's a grade A dick.   But he's clearly Brazil's best player, and also clearly wasn't 100% fit. The problem wasn't him so much as it was some baffling decisions regards lineups. Yes, Bobby may well be a nice impact sub, but he's a beast of a player who could have and would have contributed from the start. Unlike Jesus. Brazil's loss though, LFC's gain, cos he'll not be too tired and will be even more hungry!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8099 on: July 7, 2018, 02:08:53 pm »
Neymar's key passes are
'14 - Jesus in the 6 yard box(L). Shot blocked.
'51 - Coutinho outside the box(L). Shot blocked.
'61 - Costa inside the box (R). Shot saved.
'63 - Coutinho outside the box(C). Shot blocked.
'77 - Firmino inside the box (C/L). Shot missed.
'83 - Coutinho inside the box (C). Shot missed.
'93 - Firmino header from corner from about 9 yards (C). Shot missed.

So two of them were basically just giving the ball to Coutinho outside the box. The other 5 are all legitimate created chances. Completing a pass in the 6 yard box is an event raring that scoring a goal in football. It is the most well defended space on the pitch and the margins for error are tiny.

Anyway, ignoring all of this, I tend to use xa to tell me the value of chances being created. Because that is putting those Coutinho shots outside the box at 0,01 (i.e. you created nothing) and puts the pass he made for the Firmino goal at 0,92 (you created a chance that is an almost certain goal).

So his xA numbers the last 3 seasons are:-
Ligue 1 2017/18 xA/90 = 0,62
La Liga 2016/17 xA/90 = 0,36
La Liga 2015/16 xA/90 = 0,53

To put those numbers into perspective - De Bruyne, Coutinho and Ozil were the three highest in this metric in the Premier League last season all ranging between 0,38-0,39. 

My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8100 on: July 7, 2018, 02:20:20 pm »

I'm not saying he's no good, just that he can decide that he's so good that he can take them all on when a pass can sometimes be the better option.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8101 on: July 7, 2018, 02:23:32 pm »
I'm not saying he's no good, just that he can decide that he's so good that he can take them all on when a pass can sometimes be the better option.

Yes, that can happen sometimes its true. Look at what happened with Sadio with us last season as well, sometimes players can make the wrong decisions, Neymar is no different in that respect.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8102 on: July 7, 2018, 03:10:46 pm »
Yes, that can happen sometimes its true. Look at what happened with Sadio with us last season as well, sometimes players can make the wrong decisions, Neymar is no different in that respect.

I just see this as a criticism of taking risks in football.

You have moments like Salah skinning the entire Spurs or Watford team several times in the box to score. But if on his 5th twist or turn he gets tackled, then he is trying to do to much there and should try fucking passing the ball at some point instead of doing it all on his own.

The same with those cute flicks and passes in tight spaces. Brilliant when they come off. Fucking pointless when they don't.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #8103 on: July 7, 2018, 04:10:29 pm »
Bobby thread.

Keep it on topic.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #8104 on: July 7, 2018, 10:00:12 pm »
From @oh_that_crab.  Neymar at World Cup:

2.87 Passing Value Added (2nd)

28 completed passes into the box (leads all players)

16 open play key passes (leads all players)

1.99 On Ball Progression Added
(leads all players)

59 touches in the box (leads all players)

19 completed dribbles (3rd)
Add to the fact he's coming back off a serious injury which I think is overlooked by many
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8105 on: July 7, 2018, 10:05:22 pm »
I just see this as a criticism of taking risks in football.

You have moments like Salah skinning the entire Spurs or Watford team several times in the box to score. But if on his 5th twist or turn he gets tackled, then he is trying to do to much there and should try fucking passing the ball at some point instead of doing it all on his own.

The same with those cute flicks and passes in tight spaces. Brilliant when they come off. Fucking pointless when they don't.

That is true too, I much prefer a player takes risks then plays safe when there is an opportunity to attack, but as you say it has to be done at the right moment.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #8106 on: July 7, 2018, 10:55:48 pm »
Bobby is the one that hold our attacks together. I remember seeing Mane and Salah without Firmino and our fluid attack just breaks down like floppy limbs without a brain behind it.

Maybe it wasn't that obvious in the Brazil team but when they get Firmino involved instead of keep passing the ball to Neymar, their team played better.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8107 on: July 8, 2018, 09:41:46 am »
Bobby is the one that hold our attacks together. I remember seeing Mane and Salah without Firmino and our fluid attack just breaks down like floppy limbs without a brain behind it.

Maybe it wasn't that obvious in the Brazil team but when they get Firmino involved instead of keep passing the ball to Neymar, their team played better.

Solanke vs Brighton says hello.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8108 on: July 8, 2018, 09:48:22 am »
Solanke vs Brighton says hello.

Did Firmino not play against Brighton?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8109 on: July 8, 2018, 11:18:56 am »
My mistake.  It was the front 3 plus Solanke.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8110 on: July 8, 2018, 11:28:57 am »
Yup.... Neymar was one of the best attackers in the World Cup if not the best but he’ll be remembered as a flop because he rolls around a lot and #narrative

delighted for him

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #8111 on: July 8, 2018, 12:46:15 pm »
What do we think of his 'new' song? If it's not been covered?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8112 on: July 8, 2018, 12:47:21 pm »
delighted for him

when will he be back?

pictures of VVD and Gini at melwood doing laps already circulating.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8113 on: July 8, 2018, 12:52:50 pm »
when will he be back?

pictures of VVD and Gini at melwood doing laps already circulating.

If they had gotten to the final he wasn't expected to be back until a week before the first game of the season, so that would have been the first week of August. He'll probably be back late July now, I think.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8114 on: July 9, 2018, 01:26:51 am »
If they had gotten to the final he wasn't expected to be back until a week before the first game of the season, so that would have been the first week of August. He'll probably be back late July now, I think.
I think I heard them say during the Chester game that all the players have been told to report back 3 weeks after their last involvement with their international sides.

This would mean players who get to the final would only return on 5 August - which would be the week before the first game of the season. So if that is true for Bobby, I guess that means he returns on/around the 27 July. Salah will be returning around the 16th July. Sadio on the 19th.

Our final pre-season game before we travel to the US is the 19th. Which coincides with something else they said about how Salah & Sadio would be on the US tour.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8115 on: July 15, 2018, 11:28:34 am »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline steingmo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8116 on: July 15, 2018, 11:31:51 am »
classy :)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8117 on: July 15, 2018, 11:32:47 am »
Should be concentrating on his football rather than dying his fucking hair. Can't even get into a side that goes out the WC at the quarters.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8118 on: July 15, 2018, 11:35:59 am »
Oh Bobby you daft sod. :D

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1018439605169815553

Is he trying to make his hair as white as his teeth? ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8119 on: July 15, 2018, 11:50:18 am »
I thinks it's a message. "Go get Dybala". Or it could be "Forget Dybala, you've got me".
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”