Author Topic: FT: Liverpool 1 vs Palace 2 (Phil 23' Benteke 42' 73')  (Read 69728 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT: Liverpool 1 vs Palace 2 (Phil 23' Benteke 42' 73')
« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2017, 06:38:45 pm »
If we are going to do it, it looks like we going to have to do it the Liverpool way. Which means it's going to go to the last game of the season and virtually the very last kick of the ball.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2017, 06:38:51 pm »
Need to win all our remaining games now, which we won't. Top at new year to coming 5th, joke really.
No we don't. Not unless Utd win all theirs bar one.

And if they do, then fair fucks to them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2017, 06:38:58 pm »
They have got their excuses in by saying these supposed top signings will only happen if we get CL.

Well I guess we will see about that in the summer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Thormo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #323 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:10 pm »
Really depressing game. Think 1st half was decent but out injuries is really hurting us. A lot of player tanked after 70 min, I hope Lallana can play next game. I think if we win our remianing games we should grab 4th. Rember we never do it the easy way.

We can't give up now though. We are Liverpool and united have some really tough games left and lost Zlatan. There will be fatigue on their part. Arsenal might be the one to look out for especially after the win today that gave them some morale.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:23 pm »
Indefensible all round.

The players have had long enough and by and large they just arent good enough.

Klopp again when chasing a game picks from his random generator at 3 players and pukes them into a system where nobody has a clue what their role is.

The owners...positive net spend in the summer, one of the richest clubs in the world and yet our options from the bench are trent, woodburn and brewster.

The fans leaving with quarter of an hour to go didnt cover themselves in glory either.

Mediocrity has reigned for so long that people are used to it and accustomed to it but it needs to change. All this talk in the press of how we're set to spend 200 million in the summer. Well we better show some ambition and go for top players instead of shite from mid table premier league clubs or gambling on youngsters. Absolute shite, a few games left to save us from another failure of a season.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:29 pm »
Oh and that was penalty for Phil when he didn't go down. Ref bottled it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »
We won't get too four now

Handed incentive to the other three teams

See, this is why some of our fans get called bedwetters. One loss after a seven game unbeaten run, and all of a sudden we won't get top four anymore. Never mind that we'll be boosted by the likely return of Lallana next week, or that our rivals have difficult schedules.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:45 pm »
You mean the five he's scored against compared to the four he's scored for?

Well, the Man United goal counted double :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:08 pm »
What to say that hasn't already been said? Same old. All fart, no shite against a side that came to defend and hope to hit us in the break or from set pieces. If this isn't an indication that the club and Klopp need to pull their finger out and spend heavily during the summer, then I don't really know.

But I'm so, so absolutely sick of our defense. Lovren commits unnecessarily prior to the second goal yet again, and Milner rescues him. Wth a normal defense you think okay, whew. Got away with one there. But what do we do? We then fuck up defending the corner and concede. Lovren, Matip, Clyne, Klavan et all can just go as far as I'm concerned. They can't defend and offer nothing up top either. How many times do our defenders get on the end of attacking set pieces or have smashed a header into the goal, or even offered a threat during a corner/free kick we have in the opposition half? Today was a day when we knew it would be difficult to score but we started well and managed to get ourselves in front. Just when we needed our defense to bail us out and keep things tight and grind it out, they've fucked us over instead. Scrap the defense, buy Van Dijk, integrate our youngsters in Gomez and TAA and build from there. Watch Palace get steamrollered against Tottenham as well.

Hopefully City's loss today will really spur them on to beat United, as it would be an absolute embarrassment if they overtook us. It's out of our hands now.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:14 pm »
Win today and top 4 was ours, Boro are as big a banker 3 points there is, so we'd have needed 3 maybe 4 points from the other three games.

Of course we fuck it up completely.

Even though today could be a season destroying result I'm oddly numb to it, we've been bottling it like this for quarter of a century now.

But please, please, please, can we get rid of Lovren, he's a dreadful defender.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:17 pm »
But we need to play much. Wetter than we did today to get anywhere near that.

Worried for us if Utd beat City.

I doubt we could play much wetter...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:18 pm »
Thrown away CL football.

Lovren is one of the worst defenders I've seen start for us every week. 10 years ago we had carragher and Sami, now were stuck with him.

Stuck bringing teenagers off the bench to win the game, owners too scared to spend money, no ambition to fight at the top end
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:19 pm »
Too many small time players here. Players who accept mediocrity. The reason Palace beat us is the reason we beat Chelsea, city, Arsenal, Spurs etc

We raise our game.

Okay we scraped results at WBA and Stoke but this result today happens too often. Too much of a pattern.

We are actually better off when we aren't on the front foot against these teams, it's when we are on control without doing much we get complacent and create fuck all.

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:20 pm »
Pretty decent game from us. Especially in defence. Dejan is one of the greatest defenders ever in a red shirt. Clyne is not pointless at all ..
Just a very brave side over all.
Good times

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:22 pm »

No ref will give it if Coutinho carries on and takes the shot like he did. If he went down I think it's given
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:37 pm »
God bless any of you sticking around to watch the last few games. I'm checking out until August, we all know what's coming. I'd rather not get my piss boiled from the softest Liverpool squad I've ever seen.
:lmao Best reaction so far. Well done mate  :champ

I hope someone grants you your wish.

Offline Rednev

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:41 pm »
Unfair to have a go at fans for leaving early or not creating an atmosphere. It's a two way thing between the team and the fans, and once again the team offered nothing.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:46 pm »
Nobody is really that worried about United, we're worried about ourselves fucking up badly enough to let them in. If we could just do our fucking job we'd be home and dry.

This is how I feel. Of course I'd be worried if Utd win on Thurs but if we sort ourselves out and win our last four games then we will finish top four.

Worst performance of the season IMO today

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:56 pm »
The only memory I'll have of Benteke as a footballer is him scoring against us in every single fucking game. I have absolutely no memory of him playing for us.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:58 pm »
We are a joke. You know even if Utd loses to City, we will find a way to draw and lose vs Watford and Southampton

United still have to play Arsenal and Spurs as well.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:06 pm »
See, this is why some of our fans get called bedwetters. One loss after a seven game unbeaten run, and all of a sudden we won't get top four anymore. Never mind that we'll be boosted by the likely return of Lallana next week, or that our rivals have difficult schedules.

We won't

We have a shit mentality
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:08 pm »
We had 1 shot on target,  clinical that.

Origi should've been withdrawn, very ineffective today.

Can and Wij, for their second,  stood in exactly the same spot when the balls in the net than before its delivered,  is that trained into them both? Stand there and watch? They didn't move!

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:11 pm »

Sad to say, but if he'd dived we might have got a result.

Coutinho was one of the few who wasn't completely shit today though, so no blame attached to him.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:13 pm »
My girlfriend walked in the room right after they scored the second and laughed at me and said it's just a game.

Understandably I almost ripped her head off.   :no
Kick her to the curb! See if she finds that funny.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:15 pm »
All felt a bit strange in the end. Neither the players or the crowd got themselves up for what was a key match in our season. It's all good and well showing up for the big games but the likes of Palace and Bournemouth at home are your bread and butter points.

Until we improve on the pitch and in the stands we will continue to be the yoyo side we are.

I just don't think playing at Anfield is especially positive for us. You look at the wonderful support we got from our fans on those away games. When's the last time we've seen Anfield with that amount of atmosphere? Apart from big games. That is why I wish most of our games were away now, the good news is the next one is.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:23 pm »
How many times must De jan lunge in,
Before you call him a penis?
How many goals must these c*nts concede,
Before we curl up and die,
How many insults can I throw at them?
Before I'm forever banned....

The answer, my friend, is constant self delusion.
The answer is constant self delusion.

Psycho applause.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:35 pm »

No, We bottled it

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:39 pm »
How in the name of holy baby jesus can you fucking blame Mignolet today, fuck me!! And those saying Champions League is over then fuck off and come back in August the rest of us fans we are staying because it aint fucking over until its over. And guess what its not fucking over.

Not blaming Migs. But fuck me he couldve done more. That 2nd goal he just stood there along with 5 other players. Last 2 weeks he wouldve smashed through to claim/punch it.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:41 pm »
The players are bed wetters, i don't blame the fans for having no faith. All they have done is disappoint year in year out.   

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:47 pm »
Did anyone else had that feeling of inevitability when Lovren fucked up for the corner ? I was already looking away in disgust.

I have no clue what will fix this shit. We can get new defenders, but we will still make dreadful mistakes.

Fuck this shit.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:54 pm »
...and around we go again.  Same shit, different year.  Other than Coutinho and Firmino I wouldn't care if anybody out there today was sold.  Fucking dismal.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #351 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »
Souness spot on about Can letting Benteke go for the winner.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 23, 2017, 06:42:13 pm »
What the hell was Emre can doing for the second goal ?! Absolute disgrace .Too many crappy players in our team , when the going gets tough the crap their pants.And what the fuck was klopp waiting until the 77min to sub a player ?Every f******* season same shit.

For the second goal the ball should never have made it into the 6 yard box in the first place

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #353 on: April 23, 2017, 06:42:31 pm »
I really thought we turned a corner at West Brom with our defending but week later the same old shit comes back.

It's becoming worrying that we are this poor defensively under Klopp.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #354 on: April 23, 2017, 06:42:42 pm »
Shite, more stupid errors leading to goals, Lovren and Origi wtf???

On the bright side, that was our hardest remaining game and the rest of our games are pretty easy with everyone that we play being on holiday pretty much. The Mancs still have to play each other, and there's no way Utd are winning at both Spurs and Arsenal.
Mate it's the Mancs!!!!! Deflections, dodgy pens!!!! They will win both!!! Who thought they would beat Chelsea?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 23, 2017, 06:42:44 pm »
We won't

We have a shit mentality

Yet despite the shit mentality we managed to win against Stoke and WBA, games a lot were saying on here we would lose.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 23, 2017, 06:42:58 pm »
Won't happen.  No CL footy and Phil will be off.

What do you base that on? He recently signed a contract that specifically does not have a buy out clause, do you really think he wouldn't insist on something like that if he wanted to leave in the event of us not getting Champions League?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #357 on: April 23, 2017, 06:43:11 pm »
Not blaming Migs. But fuck me he couldve done more. That 2nd goal he just stood there along with 5 other players. Last 2 weeks he wouldve smashed through to claim/punch it.

No chance, the ball was deflected away so no chance Migs could have go it. Watch Can if you're looking for a player to blame.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #358 on: April 23, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »
I doubt we could play much wetter...

Good old iPhone typing. I put a smile on my own face there! I won't modify it either.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #359 on: April 23, 2017, 06:43:22 pm »
A lot of you are still hopeful, i get it but i think we blew it today.

We're relying on others and results to go a certain way - but we're also assuming we'll win our last 4 and i think we'll struggle. Injuries and shit players are to blame.

I thought when Klopp came in he'd get rid of the unreliable ones but they're still there and cost us all the time.