Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1404216 times)

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #8600 on: January 20, 2022, 09:53:23 pm »
So handy having a full back whose passing range is the entire pitch.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8601 on: January 20, 2022, 09:56:22 pm »
When is Trenting going to be accepted as a verb?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8602 on: January 20, 2022, 10:22:20 pm »
4th best right back in the country. What a player!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8603 on: January 20, 2022, 10:30:05 pm »
4th best right back in the country. What a player!
If he keeps learning, maybe he'll make it in the the English team. He's close...   ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8604 on: January 20, 2022, 10:31:56 pm »

Ryan O'Hanlon
@rwohan
When Trent Alexander-Arnold wins the Ballon D'Or in 2026 after breaking the modern record for assists in a season and leading England to their second-ever World Cup, I will be staging a protest outside of the ceremony, holding up a sign that says, "... BUT CAN HE DEFEND?"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8605 on: January 20, 2022, 10:36:26 pm »
The right-hand side looked much better tonight with a natural wide player in front of Trent. The likes of Gordon and Elliott create so much space for Trent and if he gets a chance to get his head up, well he is just unplayable.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8606 on: January 20, 2022, 10:45:26 pm »
Actually laughed when i realised it was him up top passing the ball to Jota for the first goal.  Just an unbelievable player.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8607 on: January 20, 2022, 11:15:37 pm »
Actually laughed when i realised it was him up top passing the ball to Jota for the first goal.  Just an unbelievable player.

The understanding between Trent, Gordon and Hendo was brilliant.

Trent drifts forward and without even thinking Hendo drops into right back, Gordon hugs the touchline and creates the space for Trent who ends up as a ten. It was absolutely seamless.

Trent talks about it here.

https://theathletic.com/3062103/2022/01/14/my-game-in-my-words-trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool/

“There has been a lot of focus this season on the two triangles out wide — so, we have the No 8 in midfield, the full-backs and the wingers on each side. It is about making sure, at all times, there should be someone occupying the width, someone high up on the last line and someone in a half-space or in a midfield eight.

“The manager says it is not too important who it is, just as long as we are occupying those three spaces. With that flexibility, you can do what you want — just make sure that there is someone in those positions. That’s why at times you will see me in between a centre-back and full-back making channel runs, because the No 8 has dropped in at right-back and Mo (Mohamed Salah) is out wide. There’s flexibility and also an understanding of movement and patterns.”

How do you trust someone is going to be there to cover you?

“It is all about communication, really. It is about having an understanding with the players you are playing with. But you can only have full confidence in your position. It helps if you know people are there backing you up. We have played with each other for a long enough time as a team to understand where we need to be when certain things are happening.”

He continues: “The main principle we have is, no matter what system the opposition play, we always have two centre-backs around the halfway line and Fabinho should always be screening that. If they (Liverpool’s opponents) play two up front, we will leave it as three vs two. It is like when the ball is on the left-hand side, we all know Mo is getting in the box. It is then between me and the No 8, say that’s Jordan Henderson, on who gets into the box and backs him up. It should always be one or the other.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8608 on: January 20, 2022, 11:42:30 pm »
When is Trenting going to be accepted as a verb?
I already use it as a verb on a regular basis... Trent was Trenting tonight.

Also works as an adjective... That was a Trently/Trenting performance.
:lmao
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:44:50 pm by Morgana »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8609 on: January 21, 2022, 03:00:00 am »
I’m just not sure if he makes the England squad in November…
With luck, he won't.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #8610 on: January 21, 2022, 09:56:32 am »
He's so much better than people think he is. Even me :)

There is a comparison which is not often made, and the hype is not in that area but you'd have to make it:

David Beckham.

Trent is less showbiz (thank Fowler) but I think he's a better player.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8611 on: January 21, 2022, 09:59:09 am »
He's far more talented than Beckham. Beckham was a one trick pony. Very good trick to be fair and it forged an excellent career, but Trent has a lot more to his game than a really good right foot.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8612 on: January 21, 2022, 10:01:04 am »
Trent is miles better than Beckham haha.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8613 on: January 21, 2022, 10:02:51 am »
Don't understand why he is never considered for the Ballon d'Or personally. He has 20 G/A in 26 games this season from RB and its not really a shock?

Is it purely because of the position he plays in?

Even when people discuss the 'generational talents' post Messi/Ronaldo, its always Mbappe/Haaland, he is better than both for me.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #8614 on: January 21, 2022, 10:03:54 am »
Trent is miles better than Beckham haha.

I agree 100%. What I'm saying is, fortunately the England hype train in not on Trent.

It could well be, he's a lovely lad and absolutely world class footballer, he should be fronting up the whole fecking lot of them;

However: no bother, do it for Liverpool, we don't need all that shite.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: January 21, 2022, 10:27:27 am »
He is an unreal footballer. The class and natural talent is oozing out of him and what a nice lad he is and all. If he keeps going he'll be as good as Aaron Wan Bisaka one day

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8616 on: January 21, 2022, 10:31:22 am »
He is an unreal footballer. The class and natural talent is oozing out of him and what a nice lad he is and all. If he keeps going he'll be as good as Aaron Wan Bisaka one day

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8617 on: January 21, 2022, 10:32:30 am »
Don't understand why he is never considered for the Ballon d'Or personally. He has 20 G/A in 26 games this season from RB and its not really a shock?

Even when people discuss the 'generational talents' post Messi/Ronaldo, its always Mbappe/Haaland, he is better than both for me.

:D calm down.

I mean, this is his best and most consistent season by far. He's taken a huge step up in the last 6 months. His previous seasons have seen him as obviously very talented but with a bit of work and consistency to put together. He'll start getting his Ballon d'Or shouts soon enough.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8618 on: January 21, 2022, 10:35:09 am »

Dani Alves never got mentioned for that award also, it always favours attackers.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: January 21, 2022, 10:37:53 am »
I've not seen a player since Beckham of 96-99 with the consistency of delivery that he has.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8620 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:07 am »
In the annals of football history he'll have a role - a position - named after him - just as Makelele did: the Trent Role - not just a fullback, not just a midfielder, not just a wide player, not just a defender, not just a creator.

Problem is that the chances are no other bugger will have the combination of skills and quality to be able to play the Trent Role
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8621 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:08 am »

:lmao   isn't that the guy who got all emotional talking about how good Wan Bisaka was and the knob in the stupid hat was hugging him

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8622 on: January 21, 2022, 10:51:27 am »

Dani Alves never got mentioned for that award also, it always favours attackers.

Yeah thats true, but he was in the era of peak Messi/Ronaldo so nobody really got mentioned for it.

He should be in discussion for it this year for me anyway.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #8623 on: January 21, 2022, 10:55:22 am »
he was electric last night, was pegged back early on, but character of him and the team took the onslaught and fought back, he was mighty...
his interview was great too, such a decent, well mannered bloke, sound..not one ounce of arrogance as a human...fair play.
someone who deserves all the plaudits and success..
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #8624 on: January 21, 2022, 10:57:53 am »
Remember his name: Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Because a lot of the pundits struggle to include all the syllables.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: January 21, 2022, 11:20:10 am »
I think he has the ability to play in midfield, at a pinch. With his calmness in possession, vision, and passing technique, it's something of a waste to play him in his current position. Although I suppose if he plays in midfield, we'll miss his sweeper keeper capability.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8626 on: January 21, 2022, 11:22:50 am »
I think he has the ability to play in midfield, at a pinch. With his calmness in possession, vision, and passing technique, it's something of a waste to play him in his current position. Although I suppose if he plays in midfield, we'll miss his sweeper keeper capability.

Yeah he could actually be pretty influential in midfield rather than wasting him at RB

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8627 on: January 21, 2022, 11:23:40 am »
Yeah he could actually be pretty influential in midfield rather than wasting him at RB

Sorry for posting that here. Thought it was the Kelleher thread.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #8628 on: January 23, 2022, 10:25:33 am »
Trents passing ability borders on insane, theres only De Bruyne and Beckham in the entire Premier League era who you could mention in the same breath as him for passing a football.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:59:25 am by William Regal »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8629 on: January 23, 2022, 10:51:07 am »
Coming back to the boil nicely. Fancy him on the scoresheet today. World class, without equal in his position....whatever that position is. Against the arse the position he picks that ball up off Bobby's exquisite flick before the perfectly weighted pass into Diogo's path so he doesn't have to break stride, is insane. We were playing out from the back! and he's ahead of Bobby. The best is yet to come from him, which is a frightening prospect for any opposition
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8630 on: January 23, 2022, 11:10:04 am »
His vision is frighteningly good. It's one thing spotting a pass when you have a bird's view of the field as we do from the upper stands or the telly, and it's another level doing it on the field. And even then, he still spot chances before me sometimes. He's incredible.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8631 on: January 23, 2022, 12:21:05 pm »
The pass in 2nd half that put Fabinho through on goal ( who couldn't believe he was in that position and played it to the left of the penalty area)  ;D, it was exquisitely weighted, Salah would have buried that.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8632 on: January 23, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »
What a pass for the pen!

Midfielders would be proud to hit one like that once a season but our fucking rightback does it every game.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8633 on: January 23, 2022, 04:43:01 pm »
Hello I'm an idiot and I'm wondering if anyone else has the impression that TAA is the chief culprit when we go into the mini swoons where we look very vulnerable and on the backfoot?  In addition to being flat-footed at CB and Fabinho/Henderson/Milner, the mini-swoons that I've seen this season have seemed to be precipitated by TAA taking his foot off the pedal and forfeiting possession a couple times.  I wonder if that's anyone else's impression or if it's misguided.  He's unfucking real on the ball, that's for certain.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8634 on: January 23, 2022, 05:28:07 pm »
Hello I'm an idiot and I'm wondering if anyone else has the impression that TAA is the chief culprit when we go into the mini swoons where we look very vulnerable and on the backfoot?  In addition to being flat-footed at CB and Fabinho/Henderson/Milner, the mini-swoons that I've seen this season have seemed to be precipitated by TAA taking his foot off the pedal and forfeiting possession a couple times.  I wonder if that's anyone else's impression or if it's misguided.  He's unfucking real on the ball, that's for certain.
Isn’t this the usual/universal narrative when we concede chances or goals? We defend as a team so it can’t be just Trent’s fault when the defense fucks up.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #8635 on: January 23, 2022, 05:43:50 pm »
An absolute **** of a ball for Jota to win the penalty. One of the best passes I've seen him play in 200+ games.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8636 on: January 23, 2022, 06:01:02 pm »
Isn’t this the usual/universal narrative when we concede chances or goals? We defend as a team so it can’t be just Trent’s fault when the defense fucks up.

Think you're right, and maybe the impression is more from how often TAA is on the ball, how much of the team's creativity comes from him, so when we go flat he's perhaps a bit more in the limelight.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8637 on: January 23, 2022, 06:15:24 pm »
That pass gets more ridiculous every time I watch it.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8638 on: January 23, 2022, 07:07:26 pm »
That pass gets more ridiculous every time I watch it.

He gets more ridiculous each time I watch him.

Think I may have said it in here a while back but every single time I see him play, he makes me go ‘wow’. He’s just an unbelievable footballer and without doubt is going to be in the conversation for our greatest ever player by the time he’s done. That’s how good I think he is. He’s a right back too ffs.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #8639 on: January 25, 2022, 10:56:08 am »
From Twitter;

50 Premier League players have 4 progressive passes from open play per 90 minutes.

21 players have 5.

5 players have 6.

2 players have 7.

0 players have 8, 9, or 10.

Trent Alexander-Arnold has 11.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."