Author Topic: Former LFC Player Watch ...  (Read 168014 times)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Former LFC Player Watch ...
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2014, 05:34:47 pm »
Match of the Match performance from Jonjo Shelvey in Swansea's 4-1 win against Aston Villa. He even scored a wonder goal.

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x1rjefj" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x1rjefj</a>

I was dissapointed when he left, thought he had great potential. I know there was something going round about his eyesight or whatever, but he was still a great prospect. If he reaches his potential (at a decent club to be allowed to grow nicely with lots of game time) then I think he could get a crack at a bigger club. Very good technically and seems a decent hard working lad.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2014, 05:46:38 pm »
Yeah I was a big fan of Shelvey I'm happy for him. Wish we got more money for him or atleast get a cut of his next transfer.

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: April 29, 2014, 07:04:39 pm »
Really liked insua hard done by here played more games than he should of one season thought he played well and should still be here imo

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #363 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:16 pm »
Albert Riera: Watford sign former Liverpool winger.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26765285

And got sent off for them tonight lol

Offline Chris Vincent

• This is how I interpret myself.
  • Anny Roader
  • The Liverpool Way - Fierce But Fair
    • Liverpool FC
« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2014, 08:16:45 am »
I was dissapointed when he left, thought he had great potential. I know there was something going round about his eyesight or whatever, but he was still a great prospect. If he reaches his potential (at a decent club to be allowed to grow nicely with lots of game time) then I think he could get a crack at a bigger club. Very good technically and seems a decent hard working lad.

Wherever club he has played regularly (Charlton Athletic, Blackpool (loan) & now Swansea), Jonjo Shelvey has been very good. While he does not have the world-class talent of Steven Gerrard, he does nonetheless possess some of his attributes. As an Attacking midfielder operating Behind the Main Striker, he could become one of the best in the premier league. His best attributes are: playing great through balls, long range passing, crossing, running at defenders & good long-range shot. What he needs to improve is his concentration. Right now, he is a attack-minded midfielder who is especially good at playing a direct game, so if he is to become a top player in a deeper midfield role and in a side whose main strategy is the short passing game, he also needs to improve his marking & short range passing.

Shelvey had great potential at Liverpool & he can still progress substantially (despite already looking like one of the key men at Swansea). Even though it is disappointing that he was sold by Liverpool, it may nonetheless have been the right decision. His direct style means that he was never going to be completely effective in Brendan Rodgers's possession-based strategy. So  there was no point in keeping him if he was not going to be regularly used.

The best that can happen to Shelvey in the near future is for Garry Monk to remain at Swansea as manager next season (now that they are safe). He is a very important player under Monk, and as Tom Ince showed at Blackpool & Borini now at Sunderland, young players need to play regularly to fulfill their potential.

Yeah I was a big fan of Shelvey I'm happy for him. Wish we got more money for him or atleast get a cut of his next transfer.

He is definitely worth more than £5million and if he maintains his progression, he'll be a £15million+ midfielder in 1-3 years. His transfer to Swansea was reported as an initial £5million, so who knows how much the add-ons are worth. It is also possible that Liverpool could also get a cut on his next transfer.

While it is extremely unlikely, it would also have been been great if there was a buy-back clause in his contract, i.e. a set price that Liverpool could pay to get him back (Real Madrid do that all the time when they sell their promising young players).
Men & Women are Equal but Not Identical. They are the Same in Many Ways but also Different in Others. That Difference should be Celebrated & Embraced.

A Man has to be a Man, Strong & Dominant, while at the same time be Sensitive to the Specific Needs of a Woman & Admire her Inner Beauty.

Liverpool FC

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #365 on: May 1, 2014, 09:41:10 pm »
God and Harry Kewell to coach some sessions for Irish side Linfield

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/linfield/robbie-fowler-and-harry-kewell-to-coach-linfield-30229665.html

By Steven Beacom – 30 April 2014

New Linfield manager Warren Feeney will use some of his famous friends to make the Blues the top dogs in Irish League football again.

Feeney, who has agreed a two year contract with the Windsor Park outfit, is planning to ask former team-mates Robbie Fowler, Harry Kewell and David Healy to take some coaching sessions next season to inspire the Linfield players to win the title again, having seen Cliftonville achieve championship success in the past two campaigns.

Feeney has been best friends with Kewell since their teenage days together at Leeds while he became close to another former Liverpool star Fowler when the pair played at Cardiff. Healy and Feeney were, of course, strike partners for Northern Ireland.

"I have lots of contacts in the game, and have good relationships with some big names from my time playing in England and I will use them to help in different ways to get Linfield back to the top," said Feeney, as he was unveiled to the media at Windsor Park yesterday.

The 33-year-old, taking over from the legendary David Jeffrey, has already made his presence felt at Linfield with a straight talking meeting with his new players on Monday night and by appointing ex-Blackburn Rovers defenders Andy Todd as his assistant.

Todd is the son of former Derby County and England defensive great Colin and will be joined in Feeney's backroom staff by Alfie Wylie, who was part of Jeffrey's coaching team.

"I'm here to win game and trophies," said Feeney, in his first managerial role.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 1, 2014, 10:06:11 pm »
Péter Gulácsi has won a Austrian League winner medal

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 2, 2014, 08:01:57 pm »
Think Paletta deserves a mention in here. Remember him? The young Argentine CB now plays for Parma and made his international debut in Italys 0-1 loss to Spain. His Grandad or Great Grandad was Italian!

We have swapped Paletta for Insua, and then swapped Insua for Teixeira, who is playing for our U-21 team tonight.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #368 on: May 2, 2014, 09:08:29 pm »
We have swapped Paletta for Insua, and then swapped Insua for Teixeira, who is playing for our U-21 team tonight.

I knew we swapped Paletta for Inny, but didnt know the swap for Tex.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 2, 2014, 09:19:15 pm »

Teixeria was from Sporting Lisbon no?

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 3, 2014, 11:52:03 am »
Teixeria was from Sporting Lisbon no?

Yes. We have sold 50% of Insua's rights to Sporting in the summer of 2011 for €1.5 million. The remaining 50% of Insua's rights were swapped for Teixeira in February 2012.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 5, 2014, 12:51:42 am »
It's been posted elsewhere, but Momo the legend for Levante against Diego Costa yesterday:

https://vine.co/v/M6BeExiFgDW
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #372 on: May 6, 2014, 08:31:14 am »
mascherano is apparently up for sale this summer.

would have him in a heartbeat. our defence needs someone like him for sure

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 6, 2014, 02:25:22 pm »
mascherano is apparently up for sale this summer.

would have him in a heartbeat. our defence needs someone like him for sure

You meant Midfield.  He's NOT a defender.  Fowler love him, the guy's 5'3" in platforms!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #374 on: May 6, 2014, 03:44:38 pm »
You meant Midfield.  He's NOT a defender.  Fowler love him, the guy's 5'3" in platforms!

You should tell Barca that seeing as he's been playing CB for a few years.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2014, 03:32:40 pm »
David Ngog will not have a new contract and will be a free agent, leaving Swansea City after arriving from Bolton in January, he has only managed 3 substitute appearances.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9309324/premier-league-leroy-lita-and-david-ngog-released-by-swansea-city

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2014, 12:06:40 pm »
Watched Miracle in Istanbul alumni Djimi Traore at the MLS game this weekend. Djimi plays for Seattle Sounders, the best team in MLS so far. On this particular day however, the New England Revolution hammered them 5-0. Watching this game reminded me of our 4-0 hammering of Everton.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2014, 01:38:52 pm »
Interesting, Smicer set to join the Czech European Parliament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-eu-27378153

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »
Nathan Eccleston released by Blackpool after Coventry City (L1) loan ends with 8 appearances, but no goals.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/nathan-eccleston-free-agent-after-7130746

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #379 on: May 17, 2014, 02:09:07 am »
David James just transferred from Giorgio Armani to George at Asda.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-james-former-england-goalkeeper-3548934

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #380 on: May 17, 2014, 02:19:56 am »

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2014, 11:17:17 pm »
James is a good bloke. Not our best ever keeper but a thoughtful guy.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 18, 2014, 12:58:50 am »
He can't have been very thoughtful with his money if he earned £20m over his career and is declaring bankruptcy...

That said, by the sound of the article, it might be a tactical bankruptcy to clear himself of the commitments to his ex wife after his divorce.

Then again, lives in Devon, works in Luton; perhaps not the sharpest tool in the box, eh?

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2014, 01:53:24 pm »
James is a good bloke. Not our best ever keeper but a thoughtful guy.

Yes he is, I always found him to be easy to talk to and his art work is very very good
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline 00jebus

• Kopite
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2014, 03:01:27 pm »
^ Also quite like the articles he sometimes writes for the guardian

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2014, 07:47:58 am »
John Arne Riise after Fulham were relegated :D

Norwegian article with more shots of JAR and his WAG:  http://www.seher.no/kjendis/%E2%80%93-det-viktigste-er-vi-ser-lykkelige-ut-%E2%80%93-utad-71501
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:49:38 am by zabadoh »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:00 pm »
Riise was released from Fulham and took a parting shot at their support:  http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/released-john-arne-riise-takes-parting-shot-at-sections-of-fulham-support-9432020.html

Jermaine Pennant was released by Stoke in January, is still a free agent, and was married last weekend to glamour model Alice Goodwin:  http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Jermaine-Pennant-marries-glamour-model/story-21147198-detail/story.html

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 3, 2014, 02:35:47 pm »
Reports that Sami Hyypia is in talks to take over at Brighton. Only SSN but that would be an interesting move for him.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: June 6, 2014, 03:24:58 pm »
Gary Mac to interview for Leeds United head coach job

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27731630

---------------------------------------------

Hannover interested in Momo

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11895/9336971/transfer-news-hannover-chasing-former-liverpool-midfielder-mohamed-sissoko

------------------------------------------

Espanyol looking at Dani Pacheco

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/06/04/espanyol-keen-on-capturing-former-liverpool-starlet-dani-pacheco/143758/

-------------------------------------------

David Amoo vows to bring flair to League Two's Carlisle United

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/carlisle-utd-s-david-amoo-vows-to-bring-flair-to-league-two-1.1139839

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #389 on: June 6, 2014, 06:40:49 pm »
Sami took the Brighton job didn't he?

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 6, 2014, 11:22:01 pm »
Tom Ince has rejected a free transfer to Inter Milan, allegedy favors move to Premiership .

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/tom-ince-rejects-inter-milan-blackpool

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: June 9, 2014, 05:34:13 am »
Yossi, 34, has signed for Maccabi Haifa

http://www.independent.ie/sport/former-liverpool-and-chelsea-midfielder-yossi-benayoun-joins-maccabi-haifa-30336767.html

-------------------

Fabio Aurelio has retired from football after missing the entire 2013 season at Gremio through injury.

-------------------

Riise to get tattoo of Champions League trophy with date and YNWA in honor of the best day of his career

http://instagram.com/p/o76kldngbi/
« Last Edit: June 9, 2014, 05:39:24 am by zabadoh »

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2014, 02:41:47 pm »
Dani Pacheco has signed for Real Betis, hope he can help then gain promotion
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:30 pm »
Michael Ngoo to sign for Danish side Odense

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/football/article-2690595/Michael-Ngoo-set-sign-Danish-club-Odense-leaving-Liverpool-free.html

-------------

Adam Morgan to leave Yeovil Town over lack of playing time after a trial appearance for Chesterfield in friendly

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28296289
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:56:31 pm by zabadoh »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »

Daniel Pacheco @dani37pacheco  ·  Jul 11

So happy to be part of Real Betis. It's a massive step for me and I'm ready for it. Thanks to everyone who has made it possible. Thank you.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:21 am »

Was thinking about Dani just yesterday. Good luck to him - I still want to see him recapture and build upon some of his earlier ability

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2014, 03:56:16 pm »
Milan Jovanovic has retired from football at the age of 33 after spending last season at Anderlecht and plans to become an agent.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-pearces-liverpool-fc-usa-7512015

---------------

Jay Spearing has been appointed Captain of Bolton Wanderers

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status/492957351276982272

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:44:05 pm by zabadoh »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2014, 05:43:32 pm »
John Welsh, a former Liverpool FC academy star arrested as part of a football spot-fixing probe, slammed the investigation into his conduct as “a joke from the start” after being released from bail.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/former-liverpool-fc-academy-star-7513113

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 7, 2014, 12:14:58 am »
Craig Bellamy turned down the opportunity to compete on Strictly Come Dancing to focus on getting his badges for a career in football management:

Bellamy said: "I’m taking my full coaching badges. I’ve got A, B and C, I just need to do the Pro-Licence which will prepare me properly for management.

"I plan to visit lots of football clubs, home and abroad, look at training in different sports, to broaden my knowledge.

"Then, when the management opportunity comes, I will be as fully prepared as possible."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/craig-bellamy-snubs-strictly-come-3828620

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2014, 03:37:20 pm »
Adam Morgan is on short term loan until the New Year to St. Johnstone in the SPL

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Yeovil-s-Adam-Morgan-signs-St-Johnstone/story-22276622-detail/story.html

Yeovil Town Striker Adam Morgan has joined St Johnstone on a five month loan deal.

The 20-year-old has sealed a temporary switch to Scotland until mid-January after rarely featuring for the Glovers last season.

Morgan initially arrived in Somerset on loan from Liverpool last November before making the deal permanent by signing a 2 and a half year contract with Gary Johnson's side.

However, first team opportunities have been at a premium for a player that was described by Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler as one of the best finishers he had seen "for a long, long time".

Morgan started just three games last season and has been a peripheral figure at Huish Park again this campaign, having not featured in any of Yeovil's pre-season fixtures.He was also not allocated a squad number when they were officially released last week which made it clear that his future, at least in the short term, lay elsewhere.

Hopefully this move could be just what the striker needs to secure more first-team football and build up his confidence before returning to his Parent Club at the start of 2015.

--------------------------

Aly Cissokho has signed with Aston Villa for a 4 year deal from Valencia:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/08/aston-villa-sign-aly-cissokho-valencia
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:00:46 pm by zabadoh »