Author Topic: No More Apathy - Time for a United Front ...  (Read 15553 times)

Offline houlihj

• Kemlynite
Re: No More Apathy - Time for a United Front ...
« Reply #40 on: June 4, 2008, 10:55:20 am »
Great post, i agree with the sentiment but what can we actually do that will have an impact on the Twit and Twat?
YNWA

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 4, 2008, 10:57:04 am »
I'm going to Spain for the Villareal game. Before anyone slags me off, I've done me bit regards getting shut of twit and twat. In fact, I've been slagged off constantly by the naysayers for doing the little I can and trying to get others involved. I have now started to lose all hope of anyone doing anything that will actually help to get shut. But I won't stop going to the few games I can get to of a season. I don't get to see as many as I'd like as it is. So, I'm fucked if I'm missing the 10 to 15 I actually do get to go to for that pair of c*nts. And, that's just one of the problems your'e up against when trying to boycott actual games.

I wouldn't slag you off. I know it's a difficult prospect and it's easy for me to say all the way over here, it's just that honestly there's little left to do.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #42 on: June 4, 2008, 11:55:03 am »
There isn't a chance in hell that we'll win the league in the coming season.

My expectations are currently at 0%
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #43 on: June 4, 2008, 02:47:16 pm »
I'm going to Spain for the Villareal game. Before anyone slags me off, I've done me bit regards getting shut of twit and twat. In fact, I've been slagged off constantly by the naysayers for doing the little I can and trying to get others involved. I have now started to lose all hope of anyone doing anything that will actually help to get shut. But I won't stop going to the few games I can get to of a season. I don't get to see as many as I'd like as it is. So, I'm fucked if I'm missing the 10 to 15 I actually do get to go to for that pair of c*nts. And, that's just one of the problems your'e up against when trying to boycott actual games.

you have a great time at the game. know one has done more on this board than you to try and rid us of these two tumours. your loyalty to LFC can't be questioned. enjoy your trip

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: June 4, 2008, 02:54:37 pm »

for fucks sake don't come back calling me SENOR

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #45 on: June 5, 2008, 07:23:53 am »
Bloody well said Mark_P. It's spot on.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #46 on: June 5, 2008, 08:16:16 am »
it's a great read, and i agree with the sentiment.

however, there's only so much you can do short of physically cutting these mens heads off.

they are in america, we are here. banners, chants etc.. doesn't mean fuck all to them. they take it all and then fire back a bullshit statement about how much they love the club. they probably here about a protest, have a giggle, text the PR man to get on it and then go out hunting, not thinking about it for the rest of the day.

boycotting matches, not buying merchandise- it's just never going to work with the sheer volume of supporters we have. i'd hazard a guess that most of liverpools income comes from casual fans who dont even know about the ownership issues. and for the core of supporters who get to games and take a massive interest- they can be replaced 1,000 times over by the casual fans should they decide to pack it in.

i don't think it's apathy that people are feeling, just hopelessness. these two fellas literally do not give a shit what we think, and we're not in the position to realistically make a big hit on their pockets.

so what can you do? sorry for the defeatist attitude. i want them out as much as the next, but i can see no end in sight.

going down like a lead balloon this post i can see it already.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #47 on: June 5, 2008, 08:21:46 am »
There isn't a chance in hell that we'll win the league in the coming season.

My expectations are currently at 0%
You won't be disappointed then.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 5, 2008, 09:15:50 am »
The point of protests, such as the kit one, is not primarily to bring them down financially. We know we can't. It is the BAD PUBLICITY engendered, because we know journos come on these sites. If Twit and Twat weren't worried by bad publicity, you wouldn't have had Twit recording his soft-focus PR film with Sky. You wouldn't have him ringing that lad in Liverpool who organised something. Why is he worried by this? Not because he gives a damn about us, or thinks we can directly influence his ownership, but because the financial markets are INCREDIBLY sensitive to publicity. He fears the banks getting jittery because his reputation has been harmed. That is why we MUST keep up an initiative, and ignore the naysayers. It may not affect them directly but it does affect Twit and Twat indirectly.

Offline Narf

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: June 5, 2008, 09:44:40 am »
Great read. The thing that baffles me the most is that they know how hated they are and how much we all want them gone and they just don't give a shite.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #50 on: June 5, 2008, 09:46:47 am »
The point of protests, such as the kit one, is not primarily to bring them down financially. We know we can't. It is the BAD PUBLICITY engendered, because we know journos come on these sites. If Twit and Twat weren't worried by bad publicity, you wouldn't have had Twit recording his soft-focus PR film with Sky. You wouldn't have him ringing that lad in Liverpool who organised something. Why is he worried by this? Not because he gives a damn about us, or thinks we can directly influence his ownership, but because the financial markets are INCREDIBLY sensitive to publicity. He fears the banks getting jittery because his reputation has been harmed. That is why we MUST keep up an initiative, and ignore the naysayers. It may not affect them directly but it does affect Twit and Twat indirectly.

point taken.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #51 on: June 5, 2008, 11:07:42 am »

Great post,that.

If a few thousand supporters buy tickets then boycott the match leaving empty seats it will speak volumes to the banks.

It may even send a message to G+H.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: June 5, 2008, 12:57:13 pm »

you have hit the nail on the head. it will definitely affect any potential financial backers. just wish SOS would organise a massive protest march. also why do you think hicks lately has kept his big gob shut, it's because his PR team have told him to, they are obviously worried that he will put off any financial backers. got to put as much pessure on these two c*nts as possible

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #53 on: June 5, 2008, 01:46:47 pm »

so we can bring them down financially then; by making the bankers jittery and forcing those same bankers to either call in their debts or refusing further loans.....what effect will that have on the running of the club?

and if we do succeed in bringing the situation to a head by negative publiclity in the form of protests/marches....to the point where gillett and hicks has to sell...what then....what will the new owner/s plans be for the club, the stadium, the debt, and debt management be etc etc etc.

The debt is here and i doubt think a change of owners will magic wand it away....(although i'm open to generous beneficieries doing just that)

Offline JohnnyDrama

• hey new members to RAWK: He's a really really annoying feedback tourist and thick. If you dont believe me, he even admitted it himself. Post-match angler
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #54 on: June 5, 2008, 01:50:17 pm »
great post mate. Agree with what your saying
Greatest Band in the world.

www.myspace.com/brandnew

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #55 on: June 5, 2008, 03:14:30 pm »
On the whole a very good post that, Mark.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #56 on: June 5, 2008, 04:35:16 pm »

Great posts,makes me feel so helpless as i am a supporter from overseas.The only think i can do is bycott the new kit.

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: June 5, 2008, 07:39:56 pm »
so we can bring them down financially then; by making the bankers jittery and forcing those same bankers to either call in their debts or refusing further loans.....what effect will that have on the running of the club?

and if we do succeed in bringing the situation to a head by negative publiclity in the form of protests/marches....to the point where gillett and hicks has to sell...what then....what will the new owner/s plans be for the club, the stadium, the debt, and debt management be etc etc etc.

any new owners have got to be better than those two bastards.

The debt is here and i doubt think a change of owners will magic wand it away....(although i'm open to generous beneficieries doing just that)

Offline JMUAndy05

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: June 6, 2008, 12:33:48 am »
Hello all, new to posting on the forums, but long time lurker. I wanted to chime in on this.

As a resident of the US and diehard fan of Liverpool, it sickens me to see these two clowns ruining the club with such embarressing behavior, poor management, and downright idiocy. It is clear to me that these fools know nothing about running a successful professional sports franchise.

To give you some perspective on how Hicks is viewed in the States, a good friend of mine recently moved across the country to Dallas. While scoping out the area, he decided to attend a Texas Rangers baseball game. Hicks was in attendance, and shown on the video screen. The fans immediately burst into a chorus of boos. I don't follow baseball, but from what I understand, he pretty much destroyed their team, traded away arguably the best player in the league, and is satisfied to let his team struggle at the bottom of the standings without making any significant improvements. The man only cares about his bottom line... if it isn't benefiting him in some financial way, it isn't of importance to him.

The fanbase of Liverpool FC, and the rich tradition of the club, to me, are unparalleled. To see the team being run in such a disgraceful state both sickens and saddens me. There isn't a franchise LESS deserving of such a situation in the world. I hope that summer brings some resolution and improvement, and serves as the beginning of that light at the end of this intolerable tunnel.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #59 on: June 6, 2008, 02:30:33 am »
JMUAndy05

Always good to have another supporter in the USA. To bad you think LFC is a franchise. And it might interest you that the Rangers aren't in last place and there is some optimism with the club for those that follow baseball. In fact, and i'm sure you are aware being in the USA, that Texas Rangers player Josh Hamilton has won American League Player of the Month for April and May. The first time since A-Rod did that in 2002. Naturally their pitching is still shit and will hold them back but that is why Nolan Ryan was brought on board to help sort that out in the coming years.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #60 on: June 6, 2008, 02:41:06 am »
To be honest United had been front for quite some time in the past decade...
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 6, 2008, 08:28:29 am »
Thank you JMUAndy. If you have any ideas how we can link up with disaffected Rangers fans in a protest, please post in the SoS ideas thread (Off the Pitch section). It is bad publicity that will make the banks jittery and influence whether they pull the plug on Twit and Twat.

Offline JMUAndy05

• Main Stander
« Reply #62 on: June 6, 2008, 12:02:18 pm »
JMUAndy05

Always good to have another supporter in the USA. To bad you think LFC is a franchise. And it might interest you that the Rangers aren't in last place and there is some optimism with the club for those that follow baseball. In fact, and i'm sure you are aware being in the USA, that Texas Rangers player Josh Hamilton has won American League Player of the Month for April and May. The first time since A-Rod did that in 2002. Naturally their pitching is still shit and will hold them back but that is why Nolan Ryan was brought on board to help sort that out in the coming years.

Ah... I misspoke using the term "franchise" ... wasn't my intent. Should have said club. :)

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2008, 12:17:03 pm »

a EuRED "Grass ROUTES" network SPECIAL

CRISIS? what Crisis?...this is CHRIS, it IS...<smile>

what CRISIS?...its just a sick joke ...that politicians call for 800 billions of dollars to "bale out" the stock market from ITS "Crash"...?   with other European markets etc following?

does anyone bale ME out if I make a bad decison?...

do the FAT CATS and increasing number of millionaires & BILLIONAIRES give their profits to the poor, or help solve lack of resources, when around 25000 kids die daily from poor management of this worlds resources???

do they F**k!..............

the USA and other "democratic governments"   who are systematically destroying the rights of the poor and the individual in favour of corporate/commercial capitalist & political interests of the FEW , now want TAXpayers to agree these "necessary measures" and try to kid U it will save YOUR jobs,,,why dont all those rich put their hands in their pocket???

WHY >....BECAUSE they make MONEY when the market "wins" and THEY (usually) make money when it goes down, and people like me (used to) help them find ways to reduce the tax on unearnt profit.

THEY and THEIR bankers will take Y-OUR homes from YOU when U cant pay your credit or loan, maybe in this "CRISIS" they will have to re-think IF people just REFUSE to accept that any more...

THERE IS NO LOGICAL reason for inflation, in fact with technology and automation EVERYTHING SHOULD COST much LESS....so what crisis?

CHRIS IS ONLY a simple man who can argue OVER them  that if it wasnt for speculators (including bankers and insurance corps) FALSELY inflating the price of "property" land itself cant cost more, but building costs are "recovered" with 1000%+  profit!!! ...

WHY do YOU allow this?...U would vote against terrorism that destroys y-our lives and those of your family & children - WHY do U let it happen this way, have'nt WE all become too comfortable and this "CRISIS" is LONG overdue as the "market" is FALSELY Inflated by "brands" & hot air so that "stock" has no REAL value (since many years)

ACTION

INVEST in someone you know, sponsor a young entrepreneur - start your own enterprise - invest In someone YOU KNOW...go back to "grass roots" and stop making the RICH even RICHER....enterprise is GOOD , IF it helps the society ...as my "mentor" Bill SHANKLY once said " the socialism I believe in has nothing to do with politics, its about SHARING profits and working together"

lets do that

LFC

and even if you are NOT a RED, maybe you could sponsor someone who IS ..BECAUSE NOW may be the BEST time to launch a supporters BUY-OUT of LIVERPOOL FC , the club is already re-creating a powerful GLOBAL dynasty (thanks to Rafa BENITEZ and REAL loyal RED supporters ) and with this "crisis" people ought to switch their mones INTO a REDS fund..contact "shareliverpoolfc" or "spirit of Shankly" or "EuRED" if you want to invest direct or join a "syndicate" ..

"power to the people" <smile> ?????

YNWA/J4t96

Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"