Author Topic: Anfield naming rights worth £100m  (Read 192415 times)

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield naming rights worth £100m
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2008, 12:01:35 am »
The idea of the new stadium being sponsored is vile to be honest... but... I agree that if it keeps ticket prices down and buys new players... we would be stupid not to consider it. :(

why would it keep ticket prices down? when are people going to grasp the fact that our owners from now on will be wanting to rape the club for every penny of profit they can milk out of it.

generating extra revenue in one area definitely doesn't imply that it can/will be reduced elsewhere.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #81 on: June 2, 2008, 12:32:27 am »
The fact is that the name (or even word) Anfield is a world class (dare I say brand?). So any sponsorship of the stadium would almost definitely (in my view) include Anfield as part of the new name. In which case people would still continue to refer to it as Anfield.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 2, 2008, 01:02:38 am »
The fact is that the name (or even word) Anfield is a world class (dare I say brand?). So any sponsorship of the stadium would almost definitely (in my view) include Anfield as part of the new name. In which case people would still continue to refer to it as Anfield.

..and if it doesn't it's too late and tough shit for 5.........10....15 ........20 years?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 2, 2008, 05:19:23 am »
..and if it doesn't it's too late and tough shit for 5.........10....15 ........20 years?
You think the new owners give a shit about that?

They'd call it the Toys R Us Soccer Bowl if they got enough money.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #84 on: June 2, 2008, 09:52:24 am »

I agree with the sentiment, but not the conclusion.Highbury was also a famous , though not in the Anfield league, name.It has been consigned to history by the Emirates.

The clever thing about the "Emirates" naming is that it is not an in your face name.It ISNT the Emirates Airlines stadium, therefore it does allude to the airline, it does also allude to the place and has a stand alone value as a noun.

I do accept that a £100m sponsorship naming deal would have to be considered, but on its merits. i would hate a "Carlsberg Anfield" as much as a "Toys R Us Arena".

A hunch here is that Aviva are now amongst the largest insurance companies in Europe. What price the "Aviva Arena"?
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 2, 2008, 12:55:28 pm »
You think the new owners give a shit about that?

They'd call it the Toys R Us Soccer Bowl if they got enough money.

Make your mind up mate....this is far too confusing as it is!

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 2, 2008, 01:13:40 pm »
Make your mind up mate....this is far too confusing as it is!
Yeah sorry, thats a bit of a contradiction isnt it.

My point is that I beleive the word Anfield WILL figure in the name of a new stadium as it IS a name recognised throughout the world, unlike for example Highbury.

BUT, as we know, we are in the hands of a pair of money grabbing fuck wits and I wouldn't put anything past them when it comes to raising a few extra dollars.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 2, 2008, 10:50:05 pm »
Yeah sorry, thats a bit of a contradiction isnt it.

My point is that I beleive the word Anfield WILL figure in the name of a new stadium as it IS a name recognised throughout the world, unlike for example Highbury.

BUT, as we know, we are in the hands of a pair of money grabbing fuck wits and I wouldn't put anything past them when it comes to raising a few extra dollars.

No problem.
My point is that if we allow any naming rights to go unhindered and without a clear explanation, before ANY deal is done......we are asking for trouble.
By assuming any of the money raised will go directly to reducing ticket prices and funding player purchases, we are giving the green light before we know any details.
If we do that without assurances it's too late. We could be signing up at long term agreements we could regret from day one.

In addition to that, dependance on naming rights to keep the transfer kitty and ticket prices at the right levels, means we are then wriggling on a very sharp hook.
It could mean having to prostitute out historic stadium name every few years to the highest bidder, in order to maintain  our house keeping.

What happens if we can't obtain the high levels each time?..........Ticket prices to go up? Not such a big transfer kitty?

I'm sure the caveat to any naming rights will be to clear the stadium debt in order to soften the blow.

Which is fine, as long as that's not the smoke in front of the mirrors.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2008, 10:51:46 pm by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 3, 2008, 02:45:05 am »
No problem.
My point is that if we allow any naming rights to go unhindered and without a clear explanation, before ANY deal is done......we are asking for trouble.
By assuming any of the money raised will go directly to reducing ticket prices and funding player purchases, we are giving the green light before we know any details.
If we do that without assurances it's too late. We could be signing up at long term agreements we could regret from day one.

In addition to that, dependance on naming rights to keep the transfer kitty and ticket prices at the right levels, means we are then wriggling on a very sharp hook.
It could mean having to prostitute out historic stadium name every few years to the highest bidder, in order to maintain  our house keeping.

What happens if we can't obtain the high levels each time?..........Ticket prices to go up? Not such a big transfer kitty?

I'm sure the caveat to any naming rights will be to clear the stadium debt in order to soften the blow.

Which is fine, as long as that's not the smoke in front of the mirrors.

Hi,

I'm not really sure what you are talking about here.

Regardless of ownership, the only way we can compete at the very top is to generate more and more revenue across the board. I don't think it is, or will ever be, a case of saying "this chunk of revenue is for this purpose, that other revenue is for something else" or "now we have this new source of revenue we can charge less for this over here" if you see what I'm saying.

Until player fees and salaries stop rising then LFC will have a voracious appetite for ever increasing revenues so I wouldn't be expecting any reductions in ticket or merchandise prices and I can't see any prospect of this happening anytime soon.

I mean, we sign a player for a huge fee with a massive negotiated salary and, because he does very well, we apparently tear up the original contract and offer him a huge pay rise.

OK, reward success if you like but wasn't Torres signed to score goals? Surely he should just be happy to accept his original contract (perhaps he was??) but seemingly football doesn't work that way anymore.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 3, 2008, 05:00:34 pm »
Hi,

I'm not really sure what you are talking about here.

Maybe if you read the post I was replying to , above, you will get a better idea.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2008, 05:52:28 pm »

Frankly i think our friends in Dubai pulled Arsenals pants down over the Emirates sponsorship deal they get £150 million for 15 years, thats seems ok, £10 million a year which is what i'd hope is the minimum we ask for our New Stadium. A ten year deal for £100 million whether its a single sponsor or several partner companies.     

I don't want to dispute your figures because I don't know for sure,  but the latest company accounts issued by Arsenal state that they receive  only £3m per year for the stadium naming rights.   I've heard of selling the family silver, but this sounds more like selling the family cardboard to me............
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2008, 05:57:09 pm »
They get £3m a year for 15 years for stadium sponsorship and £6.875m per year for 8 years for shirt sponsorship.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2008, 01:18:26 am »
I don't want to dispute your figures because I don't know for sure,  but the latest company accounts issued by Arsenal state that they receive  only £3m per year for the stadium naming rights.   I've heard of selling the family silver, but this sounds more like selling the family cardboard to me............

@ eAyeAddio, your right, since I posted that in march I've seen In the June edition of World Soccer
that the Arsenal deal is in fact £100 million over 15 years, including the 8yr shirt sponsorship.
to be honest You've quoted me slightly out of context there mate, you left out the part where I point out that shirt sponsorship is included in the Arsenal deal, making the stadium sponsorship worth even less. The figures were wrong, this part you quoted was'nt though:

£10 million a year is what i'd hope is the minimum we ask for our New Stadium. A ten year deal for £100 million whether its a single sponsor or split between several partner companies.   

As Ive said on this thread and others, I would not want to see us sign any combined shirt/stadium sponsorship deal like Arsenal. Both should be treated as seperate revenue streams and negotiated seperatley. My preference would be for the Stadium to be named Anfield (frankly it would be marketing suicide to not continue with the Holy name), and for any stadium sponsorship to be split between maybe 5-6 Anfield partners. High profile companies that would benefit from their name being associated with the World famous name Anfield. Perhaps give them exclusive advertising within the Stadium, only their names on the inevitable electronic advertising boards and within the Club Media .tv, LFCTV, programme, magazine.

As a thought experiment let's just say we had 5 of these Anfield Partners each paying a minimum of £3 million a year over a 10 year deal = £150 million over 10 years= quite a wedge of the New stadium cost paid off and our home is called Anfield.

If they each paid £5 million a year for 10 years its £250 million.

Then a seperate shirt sponsorship deal with a different company. For this one i recon a club of our stature and global fanbase should look for a minimum of £10 million a year.

Maybe im way off on the kind of deals we could attract and their value, i'm no good with the finance stuff, maybe Tim would like to comment if the above scenario is realistic.

Anyway, My point stands,  the Dubains got value for money from their side of the deal, in my opinion the Arse had their pants pulled down, since Its apparently an even worse deal than I first thought. I would hope that whomever owns us can negotiate a far more impressive deal than  Arsenal's , our History, Tradition, until recently Our excellent public image as a modest, community club and global fanbase makes me think its not so unrealistic

They get £3m a year for 15 years for stadium sponsorship and £6.875m per year for 8 years for shirt sponsorship.

That's an even more shite deal than I'd thought Tim mate. Thats £100 million combined as reported in World Soccer ?

£45 million over 15 years for Stadium sponsorship. @ £3m per annum  Shite to be honest, No ?
£55 million over 8 years for Shirt sponsorship @ £6.875m per annum.  Worse than our deal with Carlsberg ? Is that even Possible ?

At the time I'm sure I read  that that the deal with Emirates was £150 million, but you've obviously seen their club accounts and as I said I've since seen the 100mil in World Soccer.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2008, 03:37:25 am »
Maybe if you read the post I was replying to , above, you will get a better idea.

i was just being polite...what i really meant was that you are talking nonsense..;)

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2008, 12:20:10 am »

That's an even more shite deal than I'd thought Tim mate. Thats £100 million combined as reported in World Soccer ?

£45 million over 15 years for Stadium sponsorship. @ £3m per annum  Shite to be honest, No ?
£55 million over 8 years for Shirt sponsorship @ £6.875m per annum.  Worse than our deal with Carlsberg ? Is that even Possible ?

At the time I'm sure I read  that that the deal with Emirates was £150 million, but you've obviously seen their club accounts and as I said I've since seen the 100mil in World Soccer.

For stadium sponsorship it's not too bad but as more games get on tv they'll effectively be losing out a bit as Emirates would get more live tv time for their money.

I think we could get a better deal, we already have a better deal for shirt sponsorship, and could be looking at a combined £12m+ per season over a number of years.  Which would be a minimum £5m increase in current sponsorship revenues per year.  Add in an increased kit deal and we could be looking at some very healthy sponsorship revenues.

He never walked alone

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2008, 12:37:08 am »
Thanks fella, Tim soz to be a pain, but check out the part of my post that says about the 5-6 Anfield partners, as opposed to one single stadium sponsor

Are the figures I postulated in anyway realistic like ??

We should be raking in sponsership money as opposed to the Arsenal deal.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2008, 10:11:50 am »
I'm not sure how realistic it is to be honest.  Manchester United have that sort of breakdown for the sponsorship but I don't think it adds too much to their turnover.

In the year ending june 2007 they made £56m from commercial activities (sponsorship and merchandise sales).

They get

£14m from AIG
£20m (approx) from Nike

That leaves approx £22m between merchandise sales and the other sponsors.  The merchandise sales will be around the £20m mark.

We may break new ground on it, but I don't see it really.  I think we'd be looking at increases coming mainly from the Kit, shirt deal and one main stadium sponsor.  Ancilliary sponsors will add some money but not a great deal.

He never walked alone

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2008, 12:50:14 pm »
ok thanks mate. I just feel that £50million over 15 years would be a bit crap, and we could do much better. I'd also hate our new stadium to be called anything other than Anfield. Selling it away so cheaply would be a bitter pill to swallow IMO.
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #98 on: December 7, 2008, 04:51:12 pm »
Ok if we can get £100million or so for it then that would be great. The Emirates sounds good but the JJB and the Reebok sounds so shite.

These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: December 7, 2008, 08:00:02 pm »
I dont even want the new ground like.
Prices will just go up,
we will become more of a daytrip attraction.
Not sure what will happen with atmosphere
More corporate boxes.

Id rather have anfield expanded.

Offline LiverpoolFaCupFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:54 pm »
I dont even want the new ground like.
Prices will just go up,
we will become more of a daytrip attraction.
Not sure what will happen with atmosphere
More corporate boxes.

Id rather have anfield expanded.

Anfield can't be expanded much, I think it was only 5000 more seats added.

"You come here to Anfield, you stand there and listen to that crowd, and it's the greatest sight in football."

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2009, 12:44:49 pm »
I hate these names like the Reebok  and the Emirates but if we can pay off half the ground in 15 years we'd be fools not to consider it.

We can't fall any firther behind so it will be named if we like it or not.
Wonder is there a multi billion pound company out there called "Anfield"...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2009, 07:44:50 pm »
We can't fall any firther behind so it will be named if we like it or not.
Wonder is there a multi billion pound company out there called "Anfield"...
http://www.anfields.co.uk/

At least the toilets would be nice.
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2010, 11:54:10 am »
How does the Virgin Atlantic Anfield arena sound?????  Heard this out the club several times today.

Not good in my opinion but Anfield will always be Anfield.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2010, 11:59:02 am »
How does the Virgin Atlantic Anfield arena sound?????  Heard this out the club several times today.

If we get these as our stewards count me in....

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2010, 12:41:48 pm »

Exactly, they can call it what they like but we'll always call it Anfield (well us the supporters will, sadly the Sky commentators etc won't)

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2010, 02:43:50 pm »

Sounds interessting. As I have stated a several times it's very sad and odd to have a sponsor name, but the word "Anfield" shall at least be in the stadiumname. I obvious don't like a sponsor name name, but I have feared the worst, and I can live with "Virgin Atlantic Anfield". It dosen't sound great, but it could be much worser. Now just let us build that stadium.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:10:03 pm by Styf »
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2010, 07:06:14 pm »
Sounds interessting. As I have stated a several times it's very sad and odd to have a sponsor name, but the word Anfield shall at least be in the stadiumname. I obvious don't like a sponsor name name, but I have feared the worst, and I can live with "Virgin Atlantic Anfield". It don't sounds great, but it could be much worser. Now just let us build that stadium.

How a club that has been totally fucked by its owners can be sponsored by Virgin is beyond me.

That said, a name is only a name and we should look at the bigger picture.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:08:30 pm by OohCampione »
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 10:40:45 pm »
Why Arena?

Why not Virgin Atlantic Anfield Stadium?

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 11:05:18 pm »
Virgin Gardens
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2010, 11:43:14 pm »
I think Mr Agg is a bit of a wanker.

Anfield up for grabs: Liverpool fans rage over new Stanley Park stadium naming rights

By John Edwards
Last updated at 10:53 PM on 12th January 2010

Liverpool were accused of ‘the biggest act of self-destruction’ after the club confirmed they plan to ditch Anfield’s heritage and sell the naming rights for a new stadium at Stanley Park.

The club’s commercial director Ian Ayre announced that plans are under way to top the £100million Arsenal raised for calling their new ground the Emirates Stadium.

But the move came under instant fire, with one supporters’ group warning of a backlash should Anfield’s legendary name be sacrificed for cash.

Graham Agg, secretary of the German Reds official supporters’ club, said: ‘The whole idea of leaving Anfield and knocking it down is the biggest act of self-destruction the club could ever consider.

‘Can you imagine the Nou Camp or Bernabeu being bulldozed by Barcelona or Real Madrid, or Inter Milan leaving the San Siro? You’re talking about football’s cathedrals, and Anfield is one of them. There is too much heritage, history and tradition for it all to be thrown away.

‘I just can’t imagine going to somewhere like the Budweiser Stadium to support Liverpool, and I’m sure there are plenty who feel the same way.’

Liverpool will press ahead with building work once an initiative to raise £120m extra investment is concluded in the next couple of months.

Ayre said: ‘Naming rights is now an accepted part of building any new football venue, and as one of few global brands in the game, it would be crazy of us not to tap into that opportunity.’

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez can help placate fans by moving a step closer to Wembley with a home win over Reading in tonight’s FA Cup replay.

Benitez admits the competition is his team’s best chance of silverware this season. ‘It’s a massive competition so we want to progress,’ said the manager, whose side also face Spurs in a rearranged Premier League game next Wednesday.

Reading caretaker boss Brian McDermott is hoping for a surprise win which could help him get the manager’s job on a permanent basis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242745/Anfield-grabs-Liverpool-fans-rage-new-Stanley-Park-stadium-naming-rights.html?ITO=1490

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:52:51 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:38 pm »
Wow, and I mean no disrespect to them, but they are really scraping the barrel if they have to use the German Reds official supporters’ club for quotes by disgruntled reds.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2010, 12:04:28 am »
Europa Virgins
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2010, 12:43:51 am »
Anyone who thinks that selling the naming rights will keep ticket prices down is being very naive. I'd also doubt whether the naming rights would be sold for "just" ten years (or however long), with the implication that the name would revert to Anfield afterwards. People will just get used to the new name and extending the naming rights contract will be much easier.

Calling our stadium anything other than Anfield is an utterly horrible idea, and one that should be fought all the way. I agree with shanklyboy that the apathy on this is pretty staggering (although I think there would have been more of a response had this thread been in the main forum).

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2010, 12:48:30 am »
keeps ticket prices down.

Doubt that.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2010, 01:09:11 am »
Sounds interessting. As I have stated a several times it's very sad and odd to have a sponsor name, but the word "Anfield" shall at least be in the stadiumname.

What makes you think Anfield will even be mentioned in the name?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2010, 01:10:28 am »
Two things we can be sure of.

Those Yanks twats will never put any of their own money into this stadium and ticket prices WILL go up regardless of a naming rights sponsor.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2010, 02:17:11 am »
The carslber arena

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2010, 03:10:17 am »
If this turns out to be true doesn't that mean we are really close to getting a stadium?

Offline JoburgRed

• Anny Roader
  • Red forever
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2010, 09:09:56 am »
I think the future commercial and footballing success of our club is more important than the name of our ground.

Of course - it would be great if we could keep the Anfield name.  But the reality is that it is a brand new stadium, and perhaps it would be best if we let the old cathedral keep her dignity and "retire" the name when we play our last game there.  I would be much more upset about this if Anfield itself was being renamed (as happened over here when Ellis Park, where the 95' RWC was won and the Springboks have had so much success was renamed to bloody Coca Cola park)

So as long as it is a respected corporate (is there such a thing) that has some link to Liverpool's culture and history and we don't end up with "Tata stadium" or "Hanoi bank arena" I personally would take the money - Carlsberg Arena or Adidas Stadium would not be so bad

It's Gerrrraaaaaaarddddddddd......You beautyyyyy!