Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 289912 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #1000 on: September 30, 2018, 11:28:38 am »
I'm paying them with my email and personal details.
I don't think that's free.

You can always use a burner email address and fake details.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:35 am »
You can always use a burner email address and fake details.

Seems like a lot of effort just go to reddit.com/r/soccer and all the goals are there.

Online him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1002 on: September 30, 2018, 11:34:59 am »
We have to give more playing time to Daniel now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:44:06 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1003 on: September 30, 2018, 11:35:49 am »
We have you give more playing time to Daniel now.

Why?

Right now its working perfectly for him, why risk pushing him harder than we need to?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1004 on: September 30, 2018, 11:56:21 am »
Why?

Right now its working perfectly for him, why risk pushing him harder than we need to?

Because if Firmino, Manè, and Salah start all the games they'll be running on fumes come March.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1005 on: September 30, 2018, 12:01:46 pm »

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: September 30, 2018, 12:02:00 pm »
Because if Firmino, Manè, and Salah start all the games they'll be running on fumes come March.

Which I'd guess is why Studge started against PSG and Chelsea in the week

We seem to be using him and Shaqiri more than any attacking changes we had last season (not that we had anyone of that quality) and hopefully Lallana will come into it over the next few weeks too. It'd be annoying if we pushed him into the team and he got injured though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: September 30, 2018, 12:05:35 pm »
Which I'd guess is why Studge started against PSG and Chelsea in the week

We seem to be using him and Shaqiri more than any attacking changes we had last season (not that we had anyone of that quality) and hopefully Lallana will come into it over the next few weeks too. It'd be annoying if we pushed him into the team and he got injured though.

He shouldn't shouldn't play more than once a week. Put it this way, I think starting against Napoli isn't a bad idea. He played minutes vs Chelsea and it will give Klopp a chance to rest one of his front three ahead of the City game.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1008 on: September 30, 2018, 12:20:38 pm »
Needs updating

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/29jh3yqELXE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/29jh3yqELXE</a>

Though his goal against Stoke should be there.
:D

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1009 on: September 30, 2018, 12:32:24 pm »
We are Liverpool!

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: September 30, 2018, 12:33:50 pm »
Needs updating

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/29jh3yqELXE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/29jh3yqELXE</a>

Yesterday's goal was special but the goal in the Uefa Cup final has to be his best ever goal.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: September 30, 2018, 12:35:05 pm »
He shouldn't shouldn't play more than once a week. Put it this way, I think starting against Napoli isn't a bad idea. He played minutes vs Chelsea and it will give Klopp a chance to rest one of his front three ahead of the City game.

Aye, I'd probably start him and Shaqiri instead of Bobby and Sadio

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: September 30, 2018, 12:49:55 pm »
What a player and he really seems to be determined to contribute this season. So happy for him to be part of this great squad and be a key man.

One thing I will say is journalist now talking up an England recall can fuck right off. All our players keep getting broke on England duty, hopefully we see him retire to focus on firing us to the title

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1013 on: September 30, 2018, 12:52:06 pm »
Just seen the goal now, an absolute beauty screamed goal from the moment it left his boot. I'm made up that Sturridge is getting his chances as he is absolute quality, just pray we can keep him fit.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1014 on: September 30, 2018, 01:37:07 pm »
Hoping both he and Milner get contract extensions by the end of the season
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: September 30, 2018, 02:18:41 pm »
Needs updating

Not saying he's the best, but he's easily the most outrageously talented player in the league. Brummie Ronaldinho.

If we can keep him fit he's going to be massive for us this season.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: September 30, 2018, 02:51:28 pm »
Daniel Sturridge wonder goal. Just look at the smile on his face after scoring. He's definitely a happy lad, maybe for the first time in 3 or 4 years.
He might not be getting that many minutes - yet - but when he's on the field, so presumably in training too, he knows he is certainly part of this team.

I am so glad we resisted selling him, or as someone suggested in the summer, that his time at WBA made him realize just how good it is at Liverpool.

How many goals is it now this season?
We could have a 3 or 4 way split for top scorer.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1017 on: September 30, 2018, 03:12:45 pm »
Scissors kick midweek, screamer yesterday...

He’s scoring some crackers right now..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #1018 on: September 30, 2018, 03:17:41 pm »
delighted for him i really am, i always loved him such a cool customer, never flustered, often percieved as lazy or not arsed but its just his style.  So pleased he is back contributing, hope he can keep this going, he could be absolutely vital for us this season.  Loving his clear pasion and hunger this season too, it seems different  than years gone by with him.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1019 on: September 30, 2018, 03:21:42 pm »
Yesterday's goal was special but the goal in the Uefa Cup final has to be his best ever goal.

1. Sevilla goal
2. Yesterday's goal
3. WBA Goal
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: September 30, 2018, 04:02:48 pm »
His acceleration is not as it used to be, but I still think he is one of the most best strikers in England, if not the world. First touch against West Ham ..goal. Was it the same thing against Chelsea?
He makes it look so easy and the way he took it was so nonchalant. I could look at his goals every day

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #1021 on: September 30, 2018, 04:28:23 pm »

Especially when you factor in all three were at the world cup as well

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: September 30, 2018, 04:28:56 pm »
Especially when you factor in all three were at the world cup as well

All had early exits compared to everyone else and had a decent amount of rest.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1023 on: September 30, 2018, 04:35:51 pm »
Celebration was as cool as the goal.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1024 on: September 30, 2018, 06:36:23 pm »
When he went out on loan to WBA,  I thought that's it,  we'll never see him in a red shirt again.  Absolutely chuffed to bits he stayed and is having an impact this season. Was a world class goal by a world class player.  My favourite Liverpool player at the moment.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: September 30, 2018, 08:55:28 pm »
I'm falling in love with Daniel again....that was a sensational goal, you can feel it's a huge moment in the season

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: September 30, 2018, 08:58:26 pm »
In my opinion, talking about pure and utter talent alone nothing else, Sturridge is one of 3 players who stand out for me in our squad, the other 2 being Salah and Van Dijk.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #1027 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:04 pm »
All had early exits compared to everyone else and had a decent amount of rest.

Unlike Man City we are not rotating are world cup  players to minimise any effects, then again we lack depth up top

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1028 on: September 30, 2018, 09:09:23 pm »
Not saying he's the best, but he's easily the most outrageously talented player in the league. Brummie Ronaldinho.

If we can keep him fit he's going to be massive for us this season.

Brumaldinho?

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #1029 on: September 30, 2018, 09:25:35 pm »
It's sad thinking about what could have been, but I'm very happy for him that he's been able to have moments like this even after all his injuries.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #1030 on: September 30, 2018, 09:59:34 pm »
Needs updating

I really adore that strike against city in 2013 when he first came here. Can't think of any shot hit that cleanly with so little elevation off the ground but still maintaining some height, almost like its hovering, just above the grass.

Like a skipping stone flicked across a still pond.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2018, 12:29:32 am by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: October 1, 2018, 12:26:46 am »
Collects it... ohh ffs sake don't shoot.

edit:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TnDkGvEpBes" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TnDkGvEpBes</a>
« Last Edit: October 1, 2018, 12:47:59 am by Filler. »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: October 1, 2018, 03:21:27 pm »
Only 32 players have scored more goals for Liverpool.
He's scored his 67 goals in 140 appearances. That's 92 starts and 48 sub appearances.
It's a fantastic record, but it also gives a feeling of what could have been had he had more luck with injuries.
Thanks to the always excellent Lfc History site.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: October 1, 2018, 03:37:05 pm »
Brumaldinho?

;D

Only 32 players have scored more goals for Liverpool.
He's scored his 67 goals in 140 appearances. That's 92 starts and 48 sub appearances.
It's a fantastic record, but it also gives a feeling of what could have been had he had more luck with injuries.
Thanks to the always excellent Lfc History site.

We've had some amazing centre forwards in my lifetime - Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez. If it weren't for injuries I'd say Sturridge would have been every bit as influential and important as all of them.

He still has time to carve out legendary status with us (as oppose to being an amazing talent who never quite reached his potential). This new role he has in our squad - respected elder statesman, best raw talent in the squad, best Plan B in the league, most capable of scoring goals out of nothing than anyone in our squad -  could prove priceless.

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
« Reply #1034 on: October 1, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »
my fucking guy!

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: October 1, 2018, 04:36:49 pm »
No matter how long he goes without doing anything, I love Sturridge because there's always the possibility and he can pull something like this, or the Sevilla goal, out of his locker. Seems like he's matured into an incredibly sound guy as well. You can see in some of the videos how much respect some of the younger players have for him.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: October 1, 2018, 05:48:17 pm »
No matter how long he goes without doing anything, I love Sturridge because there's always the possibility and he can pull something like this, or the Sevilla goal, out of his locker. Seems like he's matured into an incredibly sound guy as well. You can see in some of the videos how much respect some of the younger players have for him.

I think he's always been like that, we don't really know until he becomes our player. But yeah, excellent player and the kind of guy you'd want around. Seems like he's happy now too, which is great.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1037 on: October 1, 2018, 11:53:38 pm »
Shades of 13/14 Sturridge. He scored a few important ones then, too.

A few? He was the league's second highest scorer only behind our own Luis. We'd be fucked without him that season.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1038 on: October 1, 2018, 11:56:31 pm »
Hoping both he and Milner get contract extensions by the end of the season

+1. Especially if Studge can show that he can stay fit for most of the season and be a boss supersub.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1039 on: October 2, 2018, 12:08:03 am »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same