Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 532037 times)

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #8960 on: April 17, 2024, 12:40:12 am »
It's his neph... shut the fuck up Samie.

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8961 on: April 17, 2024, 02:24:11 am »
It's 100% going to be Amorim. Never been so sure about anything.

I'm warming to the idea of him anyway. There isn't a Klopp or Guardiola out there. Amorim could be the next big thing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 02:26:49 am by Clint Eastwood »

Offline singerj

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8962 on: April 17, 2024, 02:35:33 am »
Comes across as a right c*nt that fella, its something in his delivery that makes me dislike him. Happy to see his tweets but never want to listen to him.

For me the clue is in how every time he talks, he refers to things he reported on previously, like it’s very very important you know it was his reporting, you know he’s very connected and important. As if this is some dangerous difficult journalism he’s doing here.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #8963 on: April 17, 2024, 07:48:30 am »
Can’t really stand to listen to Ornstein talk. Pompousness at unlistenable levels.

I thought I was the only one that felt so.

Hubris my missus said.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8964 on: April 17, 2024, 08:18:18 am »
Hoeness excites me. He'd be my second choice behind Amorim. The job he's done at Stuttgart is mad and the data suggests he is the ideal fit stylistically. In fact, maybe he's my first choice.
i agree.
it is astonishing job he has done at Stuttgart.
 i think he is worth the risk.
Look at the Stuttgart side its staggering how well he has done & they dominate possession too

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #8965 on: April 17, 2024, 08:31:54 am »
It's 100% going to be Amorim. Never been so sure about anything.

I'm warming to the idea of him anyway. There isn't a Klopp or Guardiola out there. Amorim could be the next big thing.

You could be right mate, but I was 100% sure it was going to be Alonso. Take nothing for granted with this search. I get the impression that the likes of Edwards aren`t massively interested in "names" linked with the job and all about the data, personality and fit. Now on the data I suspect Amorim stacks up but who knows about the other stuff.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8966 on: April 17, 2024, 08:41:01 am »
i agree.
Look at the Stuttgart side its staggering how well he has done & they dominate possession too

He was fantastic on Blockbusters.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8967 on: April 17, 2024, 09:07:48 am »
You could be right mate, but I was 100% sure it was going to be Alonso. Take nothing for granted with this search. I get the impression that the likes of Edwards aren`t massively interested in "names" linked with the job and all about the data, personality and fit. Now on the data I suspect Amorim stacks up but who knows about the other stuff.
Alonso felt like the perfect fit, but with Real Madrid in the picture, as always, nothing is a certainty.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #8968 on: April 17, 2024, 09:13:22 am »

Hubris my missus said.

Seems alright to me. A well-informed journalist. Often confirms things before others, sometimes has to speculate because on something like this, the club will keep cards close to chest; and rightly so.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8969 on: April 17, 2024, 09:23:12 am »

Hubris my missus said.

Ornstein is the public school boy version of Romano, just because he doesn't say "here we go" it's the same clickbait "exlusive" shite.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #8970 on: April 17, 2024, 09:30:45 am »
Could be off topic but have you seen Netflix drive to survive? The way Will Buxton talks?

Ornstein is knowledgeable no doubt. Better than the so called ITKs. More often than not, he does get it right. But on camera, there is that aura of pompousness and hubris around him. Could be the camera effect.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #8971 on: April 17, 2024, 09:49:21 am »
Ornstein is the public school boy version of Romano, just because he doesn't say "here we go" it's the same clickbait "exlusive" shite.

What does that make Ben Jacobs?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8972 on: April 17, 2024, 09:54:14 am »
What does that make Ben Jacobs?

He's a nonce.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #8973 on: April 17, 2024, 10:01:36 am »
Seems alright to me. A well-informed journalist. Often confirms things before others, sometimes has to speculate because on something like this, the club will keep cards close to chest; and rightly so.

He's wrong alot. He's always quoted on the transfer thread and invariably its a weird take that turns out to be wrong
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8974 on: April 17, 2024, 10:12:36 am »
He's wrong alot. He's always quoted on the transfer thread and invariably its a weird take that turns out to be wrong

I think this is total nonsense in all honesty. The amount of times he's reported exclusives on not just Liverpool but other clubs is unrivaled. He doesn't get everything right but no one does and to say he gets a lot wrong is not true. If he reports something on Liverpool I always take note as he's not a blagger.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:19:41 am by HardworkDedication »

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8975 on: April 17, 2024, 10:14:44 am »

He is good at his job but also in a job where he has to speculate all the time with his podcasts and such - he isn't like Joyce who can run an article when all is confirmed and be relatively quiet other than that, Ornstein has a lot of media stuff and near weekly articles.

He is right more often than not, and when he goes beyond speculating and on to actual reporting he seems to be right 100% of the time.

Like I think he is right about De Zerbi for example, even though not fully confirmed him saying the feelings are it won't happen has paralleled with the talk of him dying down, that seems a pretty known situation among journalist

Some names seem to be adding up logically - like a Hoeness

Some names are probably people we do talk about but he never says anything beyond "Oh yeah they do like him" like Frank - doesn't mean we will go for him or he will be on a shortlist but he is someone I can see our staff very much liking as a manager/man.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8976 on: April 17, 2024, 10:15:38 am »
I think this is total nonsense in all honesty. The amount of times he's reported exclusives on not just Liverpool but other clubs is unrivaled. He doesn't get everything right but no one does and to say he get a lot wrong is not true. If he reports something on Liverpool I always take note as he's not a blagger.

He is right more often than not and has to speculate as his job. Usually when he actually reports he is dead on as he has backed his sources and confirmed it

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8977 on: April 17, 2024, 10:20:55 am »
He is right more often than not and has to speculate as his job. Usually when he actually reports he is dead on as he has backed his sources and confirmed it

Correct  :thumbup

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8978 on: April 17, 2024, 10:42:53 am »
If new boss can stop us conceding first, I love him already.

In serious note, I wonder if the weaknesses we've shown this season would play any factor in the selection of the new boss

I've seen some act as if getting someone in as close to the attacking style of Klopp should be the priority - and if someone is maybe a bit more defensive that's a negative - and I feel the opposite. We've got great base of attacking and creative players, sort the conceding out and we're flying.

Getting the right boss in regardless of exact tactics is the important thing of course like, just feel if you were to say plop someone in there who is great attacking but may not keep the tightest ship, they may be more exposed given it's not a strong point atm.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8979 on: April 17, 2024, 12:28:31 pm »
First James Bond too, so he's got the touch of glamour about him.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8980 on: April 17, 2024, 02:19:40 pm »
I’ve gone from Klopp devastation, to Alonso excitement, to complete ambivalence in the space of a month. I think I’m actually looking forward to not really caring anymore. The whole Klopp thing has been beautiful, but I’ve cared waaaaaay too much. It’s too time consuming really. Id probably like the next person to be completely bland. Supportable, but not loveable. In fact maybe I want to hate him. Fully commit to hating football.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #8981 on: April 17, 2024, 03:16:51 pm »
I’ve gone from Klopp devastation, to Alonso excitement, to complete ambivalence in the space of a month. I think I’m actually looking forward to not really caring anymore. The whole Klopp thing has been beautiful, but I’ve cared waaaaaay too much. It’s too time consuming really. Id probably like the next person to be completely bland. Supportable, but not loveable. In fact maybe I want to hate him. Fully commit to hating football.

I agree with you mate, well said. I think about this football club every waking hour... its so draining. I hope we get a manager that really gets us and makes us believe again.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8982 on: April 17, 2024, 03:18:28 pm »
For me the clue is in how every time he talks, he refers to things he reported on previously, like it’s very very important you know it was his reporting, you know he’s very connected and important. As if this is some dangerous difficult journalism he’s doing here.

How he views himself:

Reality:
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8983 on: April 17, 2024, 03:18:59 pm »
I agree with you mate, well said. I think about this football club every waking hour... its so draining. I hope we get a manager that really gets us and makes us believe again.

but that’s the opposite of what he said  ;D 

I’ve long switched off from caring.   Football at the highest level is shite, and full of people not worth caring about.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8984 on: April 17, 2024, 05:01:37 pm »
but that’s the opposite of what he said  ;D 

I’ve long switched off from caring.   Football at the highest level is shite, and full of people not worth caring about.

It kind of is and kind of isn’t.
I want to love again, but it comes at a price I’m not sure I want to pay anymore.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8985 on: April 17, 2024, 07:12:03 pm »
It kind of is and kind of isn’t.
I want to love again, but it comes at a price I’m not sure I want to pay anymore.
Yeah. When Jurgen said he's running out of energy, it's easy to understand, because, as football stands at the moment, so am I.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8986 on: April 17, 2024, 07:18:45 pm »
Yeah. When Jurgen said he's running out of energy, it's easy to understand, because, as football stands at the moment, so am I.

Having to compete against those cheating c**ts for most of his time is bound to have taken it out of him. Hitting 97 points & only finishing runners-up is/was devastating, especially when you consider that in the past Arsenal won the PL with 19 less points. The mentality shown the following season to piss the league was beyond incredible.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:21:02 pm by Oldmanmick »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8987 on: April 17, 2024, 07:53:38 pm »

Plays a mean saxophone too.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8988 on: April 17, 2024, 08:33:50 pm »

Plays a mean saxophone too.

And is probably the best James Bond.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8989 on: April 17, 2024, 09:37:35 pm »

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8990 on: April 17, 2024, 09:54:42 pm »

Arsenal themselves are pretty well set. They have an elite manager

Elite! Also a bit of a contradiction that you hammer Amorim for his European record yet this apparently "elite" managers is fucking horrific, constantly losing as a favourite.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #8991 on: April 17, 2024, 10:20:07 pm »
Elite! Also a bit of a contradiction that you hammer Amorim for his European record yet this apparently "elite" managers is fucking horrific, constantly losing as a favourite.

Still won next to fuck all as well which looks unlikely to change. His career trophies rival, erm...Harry Redknapp's.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8992 on: April 17, 2024, 10:56:49 pm »
i agree.

it’s definitely an interesting option, would address concerns ref the style of play change

still think it will be Amorim

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8993 on: April 18, 2024, 09:21:29 am »
it’s definitely an interesting option, would address concerns ref the style of play change

still think it will be Amorim

Does Sebastian Hoeneß have a similar style to what we have at the moment? I always assumed the nearest in style was Amorim, but I haven't watched Stuttgart recently.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8994 on: April 18, 2024, 09:25:01 am »
We won't be appointing another German.

Amorim will be officially announced after Sporting close it out, now 7 points ahead with only 5 left to play.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8995 on: April 18, 2024, 09:40:52 am »
They will appoint who they think is the best man for the job, regardless of their nationality.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8996 on: April 18, 2024, 09:42:29 am »
They will appoint who they think is the best man for the job, regardless of their nationality.
Which won't be Hoeness or any other German candidate.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8997 on: April 18, 2024, 09:44:58 am »
Which won't be Hoeness or any other German candidate.

The media haven't a clue who it is, and it could still be someone no one expects.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8998 on: April 18, 2024, 09:49:40 am »
The media haven't a clue who it is, and it could still be someone no one expects.
Not sure why this narrative persists, but each to their own I guess.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8999 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:17 am »
Does Sebastian Hoeneß have a similar style to what we have at the moment? I always assumed the nearest in style was Amorim, but I haven't watched Stuttgart recently.

If I remember right Hoeneß has either the closest or 2nd closest

I think it was Hoeneß Stuttgart, then Rose Leipzig, then Terdic Dortmund that played closest to us

Then shockingly it was apparently Michael Carricks Middleborough   :lmao :lmao :lmao