Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 163444 times)

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #840 on: September 20, 2015, 07:19:35 pm »
I blame the atmosphere in anfield . It was like a museum . Either cheer the team or stay at home . Team was far nervous. I hate the fact many of our fans wants to see him gone so losing is fine

It wasnt long ago he was considered the second coming of shankly .

Im sure brendan is doing a lot of things wrong but todaz he did well . Its one of those days.. I will judge him in another 5 Games.

If you think Klopp will fix our problems. You can bookmark my post . It will end in Tears

THIS^

I'm giving him another 5 years. He is a brilliant manager and you turds know nada about football. Until the club structure is fixed there's no point in bringing in Klopp.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #841 on: September 20, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »
Positives for me today were:

Moreno - one of his best games for us
Ings - looks like he can score goals for us
Sturridge - just good to see him back, and he did a few nice flicks

Negatives:-

Milner - a bad day at the office
Mignolet - looked nervous and cost us a goal

Overall, we played ok and created a few chances, but there were too many nerves out there (and in the stands) and this contributed to their goal.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: September 20, 2015, 07:20:20 pm »
Forget about the amount we've spent so badly. We still should be doing much better in this poor league.
Your first point is on the manager, and your second point is on the manager.

Offline Cruicky

• Anny Roader
  • Moves like Agger
« Reply #843 on: September 20, 2015, 07:20:45 pm »
I get what people are saying that we could have won.

But we didn't.  I never thought I'd be on here seeing that "we could have beat Norwich" posted as a positive thing. 

I've been behind Rodgers since the day he got here, he gave us one of the most exciting seasons and I don't think I've enjoyed a season of football as much as that one in my life time.  But in all honesty, he's probably ran his race at the club now, and there's not a great decision the club can take now. 

Sack him and we've just spent a lot of money on players that an incoming manager might not want.  Keep him, and judging by what we've seen, we are going to carry on playing at this level.  After all the money that has been spent and the generous amount of time Rodgers has been given, there is absolutely no excuse for us to be on the run we are on.

I get absolutely no pleasure in seeing a manager sacked because ultimately it means we aren't winning, and that's all anyone on this board wants us to do. 

The really sad thing is I don't think it matters who we bring in.  We seem to continually be on this loop (bar Rafa).   
I'm very aroused.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: September 20, 2015, 07:20:47 pm »
Did you know that corners are actually a regular occurrence in football matches, and that it is important that a manager prepare his team for defending them?

;D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:02 pm »
Rodgers on 2 points from 12: It's an exciting challenge. It's about rebuilding here. Bringing new players in, adapting to culture of club.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #846 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:12 pm »
Mignolet should have been replaced in the summer. Can't be trusted. You can't have a keeper who is a good shot stopper and pretty much shite at everything else. Fucking get rid.

Begovic was going for £8m
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #847 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:31 pm »
And yet you've been attacking posters for saying the result's no good in the current context for the manager.

Where have I done that?
Almost no one has put the result in context or even acknowledged that it was a performance that would have won the game 9 times out of 10
It's obviously not a good result at any time let alone when Rodgers is under pressure.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #848 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »
:lmao

And what, exactly, has been achieved by that?

I guess it depends on what you deem as an achievement?

In all seriousness, do you really think we deserve to finish above Man City? Who have won 2 of the last 4 titles?

Do you think we deserve to finish ahead of Chelsea? The current champions?

Do you think we deserve to finish ahead of the mancs? Who won a title only 3 years ago?

Do you think we deserve to finish ahead of Arsenal? A side who have consistently cracked the top 4 for almost 2 decades now?

Just out of curiosity, what in your opinion deserves to be classed as achievement?

And before you use our net spend as a retort, I'd respectfully like to remind you that we're still a long way from being the Daddy Warbucks of the league

So if battling it out with Spurs for 5th and 6th position last season should be deemed as a failure, care to tell me where we ought to have finished?

And at whos expense? Which one of Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal should be dislodging from the top 4?

Assuming of course that you deem top 4 finishes as a mandatory "achievement"

Its me you see. I'm a dumb c*nt who's slow to grasp things. I need shit explained to me, you know?

So care to break it down for me?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #849 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »
How many games?
I remember a post in which you were saying we should have near 20 points from 10 games.
Well we have 8 from 6 games and Everton (A),Spurs(A) are 2 of our next games.

I said if we have near 20 points (I think I said I'd be happy with 17) It'd be enough 10 games in seeing as how the last 5 games before Jan are very winnable games and we can make up for the really tough beginning schedule.

We need to keep close to a 2 point per game average, essentially.

I think those games IMO are far more likely to show how we'll do this season. Not just points - we definitely need the points - but results-wise. If after 10 games we only have 15 points; then I'd start moving towards the mindset that the manager has to go. But while he's here; I'll always be supporting the manager.

I just don't think there is a good enough manager out there who can come in at this time to turn it around this quickly - quickly enough to salvage a top 4 place. People are deluded if they think Ancelotti or Simeone will come here. And while I'm not sold on Klopp, even if he were to come his methods require time to implement - and frankly, the end of his tenure was far more disastrous than what is going on here.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:53 pm »
Rodgers on 2 points from 12: It's an exciting challenge. It's about rebuilding here. Bringing new players in, adapting to culture of club.

Did he actually say that?

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2015, 07:21:55 pm »
He has to go. Everyone knows it,  and if we had a well functioned club he would be gone. We don't and therefore he ll prob last till xmass or end of the year. I nearly prefer if he stayed till end of year and we went for rafa. If not get rid now for ancellotti of klopp - both would be perfect in different ways for us. .

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #852 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:14 pm »
Fucking Norwich at home!!

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:15 pm »

Is that an actual quote from today?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #854 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
I honestly believe that had Hodgson been given the amount of time that Brendan has had, we'd be in a better position. However mental that sounds.

I honestly believe that had Hodgson been given the amount of time that Brendan has had, we'd be in a better position. However that sounds mental.

Fixed
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:28 pm »
Much better performance today. Sturridge completely revitalised the attack. Just needed that little bit of luck. And a midfield.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:31 pm »
Only scored more than 2 once since Suarez left, so much for the attacking footy lads and lasses

This can't be true, is it ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #857 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »
Where have I done that?
Almost no one has put the result in context or even acknowledged that it was a performance that would have won the game 9 times out of 10
It's obviously not a good result at any time let alone when Rodgers is under pressure.

Okay, if you were to look at this game in isolation then fair one - decent performance, should have won but didn't, it happens. If it had had happened in 13/14, when we were flying, I'm sure you'd have seen plenty of people taking the positives from an otherwise disappointing result (drawing against Norwich at home can never be anything but disappointing) because there was real faith and belief in the team and a feeling that we were going somewhere.

But in the context of this season so far, and the back end of last season? It's nowhere fucking near good enough. I'm sorry, it's just not. I don't know why you're getting so wound up to be honest mate.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #858 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:01 pm »
It's the lowered expectation mate, I got called "arrogant" last night for suggesting a club like Liverpool shouldn't ever be beaten 3-0 at home by West Ham, and now a draw at home to Norwich is "improvement"?, I guess it is improvement because we've actually scored a goal and heroically earned a point.

Absolute fucking dross, I turned off after they scored, no doubt the superfans will pour scorn on me for that, but I'm fed up sitting through that tosh, really sick to the back teeth.

Those "apologists" should be fucked of  for helping to lower the standards that this once great club used to hold dear. They would literally put up with literally any old shit.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #859 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:10 pm »
We needed a performance today, but instead we got... erm, what was that? It wasn't total attacking football, we were never fully in control. We could have scored a few more, but yet we conceded and ultimately got a draw. At home to Norwich. They were poor and there for the taking, a better team would have comfortably beaten them.

There is no identity to this team, there seems to be no plan for the future. Confidence seems at an all time low. I bet Rodgers doesn't even know his best 11. But how can you, when you're constantly shifting players to make up for the dross you bought the previous time around? There were positives today, but there was nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that things will change for the better anytime soon. The way things stand, we're setting ourselves up for another season chasing lost causes where mid-March we'll be saying "but we're only 10 points off 4th, if we win and they lose a few..." etc, etc. Sometimes it's not only about results, it's about perspective. Mignolet is as dodgy as he ever was, our defense will concede and gift-wrap chances no matter who plays in there, we're not a defensive team but not attacking either... it's all a bit meh. Anfield is as quiet as a graveyard. And after 3 years, hundreds of millions spent, 4 wins in 18 and not having scored more than one goal in a game in 20 odd or whatever it is - that is nothing short of shocking. Rodgers has reached his ceiling managing us. Perhaps the pressure is too much, perhaps he just isn't as good as we'd hoped that he was. Whatever it is, it's just not working. Nothing he is doing and has done for the past year or so suggests he is capable of changing that anytime soon.

It just seems that we've gotten to the point where some of our fan base are feeding off scraps, desperately clutching at straws and using any and every excuse available to defend the indefensible. It's as if some sort of rot has set in, a type of mediocrity that some are just willing to accept. And it's worrying because the longer it continues, the more it will be seen as the new norm.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:11 pm »
Not if its 10/15 points behind it wont come new year. We tried that catch up shit last year. Rodgers needed to get off to a flyer this season and well ... here we are
With our opening fixtures we were never going to get off to a flyer. If we did then we would be a shoe in for Top 4

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #861 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:12 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:22 pm »
Of course it matters where those other teams are. They're the ones who we're likely to be competing against for those CL positions.

It's hilarious. We can 'expect' them to improve yet we can't expect ours to. And yet we want to say the way we're going is why we can't expect it and yet they're going worse or not much better. Come on; at least be logically consistent or appreciate how this line of thinking isn't.

Last season if we had a forward we would have gotten top 4. I'll forgive Rodgers for that especially because while Sturridge is injury prone, he isn't "miss the whole season" injury prone. But in giving him this season I'm gonna give him more than 6 fucking games to see if he can still pull it out. He's shown all the other seasons he can do it; so we will see this season if he can do it.

There's no reason to be crying about it 6 games in. Fuck me, scratch 6, people have been doing it earlier. And yet they get precious about it to boot; it'd be funny if it wasn't your own club.

Spectacular missing, or avoiding, of point.
This season is shaping up like last season. How well did the 'our rivals are shit, we just need to win bla bla bla' work out that time?
What is different this time? Our strikers are better? Sturridge could get injured again, Benteke is still a square peg for how we play and Ings has promise, but hardly worthy of pinning top 4 hopes on.
I'll have faith in turning things around when we stop giving up stupid goals to poor teams and are able to score more than once in 90 mins.
Until then this is Groundhog Day, only Bill Murray used his time to learn new skills and avoid making the same mistakes.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »
Is that an actual quote from today?
I doubt it. Otherwise a shrink is needed. That's from his first season.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #864 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:45 pm »
Begovic was going for £8m

He's not good enough, either.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: September 20, 2015, 07:23:59 pm »
Had my aunt not been a woman she'd be my uncle.

If uncle bob didn't have knackers he'd be auntie Roberta....as I like to say.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:05 pm »

He really does talk the most meaningless shite. In a way it's no surprise he seems to remain positive, he's in a job he should never have got, seems to be immune to criticism, and someone (probably Ayre) with influence has "got his back".
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:10 pm »
I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but it would have taken a little more than a 1-0 win at home to newly-promoted Norwich to convince me that we're making progress.

Pretty much. There's no way back for Rodgers for me. The club comes first and I've seen enough to see he isn't up to the job.

We're treading water.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:14 pm »
I nearly prefer if he stayed till end of year and we went for rafa.

Don't be daft.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #869 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:15 pm »
I can't believe some people think this squad is good enough for Liverpool FC

Settling for mediocrity. It's disgusting.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:16 pm »

Dunno why you're taking the piss, have you not seen the size of that new Main Stand?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:22 pm »
I honestly believe that had Hodgson been given the amount of time that Brendan has had, we'd be in a better position. However that sounds mental.

Fixed
Hodgson at least knew how to organise a defence, but I realise I've always been a lone voice on here where Uncle Roy is concerned.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:32 pm »
Couple of interesting things here. There is a loyal contingent who seem to be saying that we have to be patient and that the manager's going to get us there eventually, though the time scale is rarely indicated. A few people have commented that we even played much better today and that we can count ourselves unlucky not to win.I can't comment because I didn't see it, but in the bigger picture,even that's largely  irrelevant in my opinion.

Others point out the fact that the football the team was playing 18 months ago (and I agree it was excellent) should mean that Brendan has automatic credit for an undefined period too. Others like me are less charitable, and think he has used up that credit not to mention the money he has had which hasn't always been spent wisely. Having said that,  I believe that at all times any Liverpool manager has to be respected 100%. Giving unnecessary shite to a bloke who obviously cares is not on, and I reckon that Brendan genuinely cares.

There could be an explanation for the whole debate and it might even be a generation thing.
I reckon that quite a lot of people  have actually grown up on a diet of mediocrity and under achievement and have been underwhelmed by what's happened to the club in the last 20 years except for the occasional visit to Cardiff and the glory night in Istanbul. Maybe that's why they're prepared to be patient and are showing more restraint that some of the bad buggers like me.

For those of us who have been following the team since the 1960s, and who were brought up on success and all the trimmings, it was easy to be classy and adopt the Liverpool Way when you were winning every week! ;)  It's not so easy however, to have to watch the club (not the team) accepting in a sportsmanlike way that we're not the best any more and hearing people say that we have to be patient about it. I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just saying that I was brought up to suffer when we lost or drew to no-mark clubs. Even songs echoed this  "We're a right shower of bastards when we lose (but we don't). "
The Liverpool Way meant being sportsmanlike towards our opponents and keeping all the shit in the club  behind closed doors, but it didn't mean accepting long-term mediocrity..The manager never used to be criticised because there was no reason for it. (Souness was probably the first)  Any blips in performance would be rectified within a couple of games. No manager had doubters because bad form was only  very very temporary. Remember Shanks' ruthlessness after Watford in the Cup?   It also meant hating to lose and not accepting any less than the very best.

Football is now a very different game and us dinosaurs are probably very wrong. Maybe we should learn to be more patient. It's just that old habits die hard and not accepting that we're not the very best is difficult to stomach.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #873 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:37 pm »

Sauce plz.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:58 pm »
Who was happy with it and for what purpose?
I wasn't and I posted why I wasn't.
We didn't do remotely enough to expect a top 4 finish
short of buying a new 11, we made important transfers. We replaced Sterling. We added a striker, though, not one that people wanted. Got a RB, a midfielder. Lucas was kept. Again, we could use a proper backup LB and a better CB than Skrtel, but we had a better CB than Lovren in Sakho and he's only just getting a look in.

A manager, playing the right formation, with the right tactics and the right coaching, gets this side competing.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:02 pm »
Could have won, should have won, meh. Another embarrassing result that are becoming far too frequent at this club nowadays. He's broken this team.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:42 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/raJF1-iFsm8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/raJF1-iFsm8</a>

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #877 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:45 pm »
You've got to worry about the state of the club and quality of the manager when he continues to bomb players out then end up playing them because his first choices are shite. Does he know what he's doing? He'll scapegoat Mignolet now. He's had to put Sakho back in because his first choice £20m defender is woeful. Lucas keeps getting told he's surplus to requirements then comes back in.

It's a fuckin joke really.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #878 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:50 pm »

Is that from today? I mean, did he really say that?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #879 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:51 pm »
Within the context of our season it was a better performance.
There were some positives to take out of the game.
It was an awful result in what was a must win game.