Author Topic: Conor Bradley  (Read 92416 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Conor Bradley
« Reply #1160 on: March 18, 2024, 03:39:59 pm »
I've not seen the goal back (why put myself through that) but he seemed to be handling it quite well but had a little stumble at the last moment?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: March 18, 2024, 03:41:55 pm »
I've not seen the goal back (why put myself through that) but he seemed to be handling it quite well but had a little stumble at the last moment?

Me neither, tv went off and music went on as the goal went in
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1162 on: March 18, 2024, 03:46:01 pm »
Not a stumble. He followed Diallo immediately after Ganarcho gave the pass, but for some reason took a stutter step. Maybe he was anticipating Diallo to cut inside.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: March 18, 2024, 03:54:25 pm »
Diallo feinted him. That's why.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: March 19, 2024, 08:49:15 am »
Bradley's left foot gave way on the sodden turf, literally slipped underneath him and clipped his other heel, that's all there is to it.

He didn't decelerate purposefully, he wasn't deceived by a feint from Diallo, the turf broke away when he planted his foot.

If you don't believe me feel free to personally review the footage here:
https://youtu.be/7ciUjT_TAlA?t=82

It's a shame because if it weren't for that piece of misfortune he would likely have prevented a goal. He defended the situation perfectly, aligned himself side on, matched Garnacho's speed progressively, controlled how the distance closed between them and forced the pass into Diallo. Even after the slip he recovered admirably and forced Diallo to take on a contested low value shot - it just happened to squeeze into the miniscule gap between Bradley, Kelleher and post. Fine Margins.

The criticism of him for both this situation and his performance in general has been completely unwarranted.

Perpetually exposed to a 2 v 1 overload in general play after his introduction, and then thematically exposed to a 2 v 1 for the decisive goal, the criticism should be directed elsewhere.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #1165 on: March 21, 2024, 10:31:41 pm »
It’s in your head, in your head.
Bradley, Bradley, Bradley , ey, ey, ey!!! 

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: March 22, 2024, 08:49:35 am »
He’s from the Derg, from the Derg,

Castlederg Abú

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: March 22, 2024, 10:28:29 am »
It’s in your head, in your head.

You could use the same tune with:

He is a re-ed
He's a re-e-e-ed
Co-on-or
Co-on-or
Conor Bradley, Bradley, Bradley!

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #1168 on: March 22, 2024, 12:05:34 pm »
Bradley's left foot gave way on the sodden turf, literally slipped underneath him and clipped his other heel, that's all there is to it.

He didn't decelerate purposefully, he wasn't deceived by a feint from Diallo, the turf broke away when he planted his foot.

It's a shame because if it weren't for that piece of misfortune he would likely have prevented a goal. He defended the situation perfectly, aligned himself side on, matched Garnacho's speed progressively, controlled how the distance closed between them and forced the pass into Diallo. Even after the slip he recovered admirably and forced Diallo to take on a contested low value shot - it just happened to squeeze into the miniscule gap between Bradley, Kelleher and post. Fine Margins.

The criticism of him for both this situation and his performance in general has been completely unwarranted.

Perpetually exposed to a 2 v 1 overload in general play after his introduction, and then thematically exposed to a 2 v 1 for the decisive goal, the criticism should be directed elsewhere.
Exactly my assessment when eventually watching it back, as I suspect like many others, I switched off the telly as soon as it went in, smacked the shit out of my punch bag for a bit, then pretty much went completely off the grid for 2 days.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1169 on: March 22, 2024, 12:23:40 pm »

First time I've seen it back and he defintitely did slip like I thought at the time.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: March 22, 2024, 12:32:35 pm »
Castlederg Abú
👍 I told on good authority that Conor is actually, precisely from Aghyaran (spelling?) which doesn’t fit the Zombie tune so well 😂

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: March 22, 2024, 12:36:22 pm »

He is a re-ed
He's a re-e-e-ed
Co-on-or
Co-on-or
like that first part So…

He’s a re-ed
From the ‘derg-erg
Bradley, Bradley, Bradley ey ey

Great collaborative composing. Thanks guys.
Zombie sounds great when Ireland fans sing at Rugby. Would be great tune for young Conor.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: March 22, 2024, 11:13:12 pm »
👍 I told on good authority that Conor is actually, precisely from Aghyaran (spelling?) which doesn’t fit the Zombie tune so well 😂

Haha! It certainly doesn’t! Your authority isn’t so good, tho. He lived in Killen, which is a wee village a couple of miles outside Castlederg. Aghyaran is about 4 miles from his house. Most people from Killen would say they’re from Castlederg as that’s where you’d go to school/shops/pubs.

The aghyaran thing comes from him playing for them, but that would be down to his parents. Like, aghyaran was my team even though I lived much closer to Castlederg (due to my dad). Conor played football for a Derg team.

I never imagined I’d be giving Castlederg geography lessons on rawk. 😂😂😂
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 11:16:19 pm by thejbs »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: March 22, 2024, 11:25:02 pm »
Haha! It certainly doesn’t! Your authority isn’t so good, tho. He lived in Killen, which is a wee village a couple of miles outside Castlederg. Aghyaran is about 4 miles from his house. Most people from Killen would say they’re from Castlederg as that’s where you’d go to school/shops/pubs.

The aghyaran thing comes from him playing for them, but that would be down to his parents. Like, aghyaran was my team even though I lived much closer to Castlederg (due to my dad). Conor played football for a Derg team.

I feel like I'm in middle earth.

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: March 22, 2024, 11:43:27 pm »

love this lesson mate. Some craic. 😂😂😂

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1175 on: March 23, 2024, 08:49:43 am »
Continuing his good form. Apparently played well and had a hand in Northern Ireland's goal yesterday.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1176 on: March 23, 2024, 08:58:36 am »

Spoke to an aghyaran man who said there’s no way a Killen man would say he’s from the derg. He would say he’s from killen, beside the derg 😂
YNWA

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: March 23, 2024, 09:26:06 am »
Spoke to an aghyaran man who said there’s no way a Killen man would say he’s from the derg. He would say he’s from killen, beside the derg 😂

😂😂😂 To further muddy the waters, it depends who you’re talking to. If it’s someone from the area, you’d say Killen. Someone from Belfast you’d reference castlederg as I do, despite being from outside it. 

Castlederg could do with its own thread at this point 😂

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1178 on: March 26, 2024, 10:11:48 pm »
Conor scores the winner tonight. What a find this lad is turning out to be.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: March 26, 2024, 10:14:38 pm »
His rise is insane, he’s brilliant.

Online kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1180 on: March 26, 2024, 10:37:33 pm »
bradley is going to be one of our key players for the rest of this season

given us the option of playing trent in midfield so we can give endo or mac a rest when needed

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1181 on: March 26, 2024, 10:49:33 pm »
like that first part So…

He’s a re-ed
From the ‘derg-erg
Bradley, Bradley, Bradley ey ey

Great collaborative composing. Thanks guys.
Zombie sounds great when Ireland fans sing at Rugby. Would be great tune for young Conor.

Can’t see a rugby song being sung at a Northern Ireland game. Hopefully Conor will get a song……just not Zombie.
#JFT97

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: March 26, 2024, 10:54:56 pm »
Can’t see a rugby song being sung at a Northern Ireland game. Hopefully Conor will get a song……just not Zombie.
wasn’t thinking of Northern Ireland. But still don't see why not.
Anyway, I meant at our games, and Anfield certainly has a version of another song that Irish Rugby fans sing a lot.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: March 26, 2024, 10:55:11 pm »

Would hardly imagine them singing an anfield anthem at Windsor, either way, so let’s worry about our own song for him. Zombie works well imo.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1184 on: March 26, 2024, 11:18:28 pm »

He is a re-ed
He's a re-e-e-ed
Co-on-or
Co-on-or

The Irish Rover one from a few months ago.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: March 26, 2024, 11:20:56 pm »

It's usually Rugby beauts singing our songs so a big fuck off swerve on that one .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: March 26, 2024, 11:23:26 pm »
It's usually Rugby beauts singing our songs so a big fuck off swerve on that one .
Fields of anfield Road not ring a bell?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: March 26, 2024, 11:24:17 pm »

I thought you lot stole that from us.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1188 on: March 26, 2024, 11:24:24 pm »
wasn’t thinking of Northern Ireland. But still don't see why not.
Anyway, I meant at our games, and Anfield certainly has a version of another song that Irish Rugby fans sing a lot.

Ok my mistake. We were talking about Castlederg just about when it was mentioned.

I didn’t like the debate about what the song Zombie means which started when the Irish rugby fans adopted it and knowing where Conor is from I don’t like the idea that his name could get dragged into the nonsense. Zombie is a great song but I don’t like the way it has been used by some people for political reasons.
#JFT97

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: March 26, 2024, 11:28:00 pm »
He'll assist and he'll score, he wears 84
He comes from the land of the clover
Conor Bradley's the lad, the Kopites are Glad
And they call him the Irish Rover

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: March 26, 2024, 11:33:53 pm »

Yes it does and many ding a lings infact !  It is not a rugby song though lad , is it ? I was on about rugby fans havin Ring of Fire off and even cricket bueats too.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: March 26, 2024, 11:35:39 pm »
So a few posts above is a cracker of a song .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: March 26, 2024, 11:39:04 pm »
I thought you lot stole that from us.

First time I heard fields of Athenry during any major sport match was Italia 90.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: March 26, 2024, 11:52:48 pm »
I really dont like the ‘land of clover’ line at all. Conjures up thoughts of ‘begorra’ and ‘Shillelaghs.’plus I’ve never in my life heard Ireland referred to as that.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: March 27, 2024, 12:27:43 am »
Yes it does and many ding a lings infact !  It is not a rugby song though lad , is it ? I was on about rugby fans havin Ring of Fire off and even cricket bueats too.
Not originally but is a rugby song more than anything else. There aren't really any good Irish football songs unfortunately. Zombie is something that could easily translate if done the right way.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: March 27, 2024, 12:35:12 am »
Not originally but is a rugby song more than anything else. There aren't really any good Irish football songs unfortunately. Zombie is something that could easily translate if done the right way.

Not until he scores a header.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: March 27, 2024, 12:53:03 am »

It is not a rugby song and it is not a footie song . End off ! There's a few good posts in another thread on here from not so long ago about The Fields of Athenry but I cannot remember in what thread.  A song to the tune of Zombie is shite in my own opinion as ...  it's shite . Someone came up with one to the tune of Love Her Madly by the Doors in this thread which will go down well with the last of the surviving ket wigs and the aroma that follows them. Or we could all sing ' You'll never beat the Bradley ' just for the sake of simplicity.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: March 27, 2024, 12:59:49 am »
I really dont like the ‘land of clover’ line at all. Conjures up thoughts of ‘begorra’ and ‘Shillelaghs.’plus I’ve never in my life heard Ireland referred to as that.

How about .

The land not to far from Dover ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: March 27, 2024, 01:06:43 am »
It is not a rugby song and it is not a footie song . End off ! There's a few good posts in another thread on here from not so long ago about The Fields of Athenry but I cannot remember in what thread.  A song to the tune of Zombie is shite in my own opinion as ...  it's shite . Someone came up with one to the tune of Love Her Madly by the Doors in this thread which will go down well with the last of the surviving ket wigs and the aroma that follows them. Or we could all sing ' You'll never beat the Bradley ' just for the sake of simplicity.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=353180.msg19320228#msg19320228

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: March 27, 2024, 01:42:20 am »
I agree that it is not either but the actual song is sang at rugby grounds till this day and a bastardised version is sung by Liverpool fans.