Author Topic: UEFA Euro 2024 - Qualification Matches...  (Read 61274 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UEFA Euro 2024 - Qualification Matches...
« Reply #1600 on: March 26, 2024, 09:40:08 pm »
England score and theres no one left to see it!

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: March 26, 2024, 09:40:12 pm »
Weird commentary, acting like the euros have just been won  ;D

Another dreadful result for England.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: March 26, 2024, 09:40:13 pm »
A thoroughly undeserved draw for England.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: March 26, 2024, 09:40:33 pm »
Good finish by Mainoo tbf

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: March 26, 2024, 09:40:35 pm »
Bellingham just saved Southgates arse. Swear he's the luckiest manager in the world.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: March 26, 2024, 09:41:07 pm »
Bellingham just saved Southgates arse. Swear he's the luckiest manager in the world.

People in the pub cheered the equaliser. I can only suspect they had money on the draw.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1606 on: March 26, 2024, 09:42:01 pm »
People in the pub cheered the equaliser. I can only suspect they had money on the draw.

Probably had Mainoo as next goalscorer

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1607 on: March 26, 2024, 09:42:20 pm »
@GaryLineker
·
19m
A superb first start by Kobbie Mainoo for
@England
. He’s not only played himself into the squad for the Euros but quite possibly the starting lineup. Well played young man. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Sounds like he had an incredible game.

Shame I had to miss it, as i'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch England in a friendly (or any game for that matter under Southgate).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1608 on: March 26, 2024, 09:42:51 pm »

Spain 2 - [2] Brazil; Endrick goal on 50‎'‎ - https://dubz.link/v/n9w7s8 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772742654343758140

England [2] - 2 Belgium; Bellingham 90+5' - https://streamin.one/v/994f2f12 & https://dubz.link/v/pm2kwh & https://twitter.com/C4Sport/status/1772741637640278464

Ukraine 2 - 1 Iceland; full-time. Ukraine qualify for Euro 2024.

Wales 0 - 0 Poland; extra-time it is...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:55:04 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1609 on: March 26, 2024, 09:43:03 pm »
They've got no more a chance of winning it than some of the currently underwhelming nations like Germany IMO. France look a good shout and so do Portugal. Can see England shitting themselves as soon as it gets to the knockouts.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: March 26, 2024, 09:43:59 pm »

Shame I had to miss it, as i'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch England in a friendly (or any game for that matter under Southgate).

Blimey. Just put £5k on him to win the Ballon D'Or this year.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: March 26, 2024, 09:44:25 pm »
Not seen a player break onto the scene like Mainoo since Billy Gilmour.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: March 26, 2024, 09:45:13 pm »

Remember watching an England vs Kosovo game in a boozer called The Shakespeare while on holiday in Malaga a few years ago. Full of England fans - not Scousers. We cheered for Kosovo thinking they had no chance, but it ended up being a really weird game, England won 5-3 and Kane missed a penalty. We had to pretend we had a bet on.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: March 26, 2024, 09:45:35 pm »
Gaz punching the air there, love the passion, just what you want to see from the next man utd manager.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: March 26, 2024, 09:46:15 pm »

Already talk of him making a Rooney-esque impact from Euro 2004, or an Owen against Argentina.

The hype just got real. Is it worth taking a team back to Old Trafford next week?

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2024, 09:46:50 pm »
Austria 5-1 up against Turkey with mere minutes to go. I think we now know who'll win Euro 2024. Has to be Austria. We're in a group with the Netherlands, France and Poland/Wales. Germany look like they'll beat the Netherlands today. They have already beaten France on Saturday. Turkey have won against Germany when they played them in November. To me that suggests, Austria will beat whatever opponent they're playing at the Euros. Don't think anyone can argue with that kind of reasoning... :D

:) Austria stronk

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1616 on: March 26, 2024, 09:47:07 pm »
You'd be mad not to double up with the Nobel Peace Prize. Pretty much guaranteed free money
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1617 on: March 26, 2024, 09:47:14 pm »
Well done Conor Bradley. Good result for Norn Iron.

Hope Robbo is ok though.
#JFT97

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: March 26, 2024, 09:47:47 pm »
You'd be mad not to double up with the Nobel Peace Prize. Pretty much guaranteed free money
Isn’t he doing Eurovision as well?

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: March 26, 2024, 09:50:03 pm »
They've got no more a chance of winning it than some of the currently underwhelming nations like Germany IMO. France look a good shout and so do Portugal. Can see England shitting themselves as soon as it gets to the knockouts.

They do but they will bottle it. As most say on here Southgate just doesn't have what it takes, even if England do win it it won't be because of Southgate. Klopp or Guardiola in charge if this England team would win a Euros or World Cup no problem.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1620 on: March 26, 2024, 09:51:14 pm »
Gaz punching the air there, love the passion, just what you want to see from the next man utd manager.

You jest, but imagine agreeing to take over a managers job and then they tell you ‘oh by the way, we’ve also gone back to 1996 and bought back Clarence Seedorf for you. You’re welcome  8)‘. The guy must be on cloud 9

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: March 26, 2024, 09:54:16 pm »
They do but they will bottle it. As most say on here Southgate just doesn't have what it takes, even if England do win it it won't be because of Southgate and yet he will be compared with the greats and he is nowhere near if they do win it. Klopp or Guardiola in charge if this England team would win a Euros or World Cup no problem.

Southgate shit himself against Croatia and Italy in the World Cup semi and Euros final, when England went 1-0 up, and got there courtesy of very fortunate draws and favourable schedules. He's certainly got some spawn in him. Last World Cup as soon as they came up against a decent team in France they lost. But that game was there for the taking and he didn't make the right changes when the game was there to be won.

England have just got much better players than most. Bellingham, Rice, Foden, Trent, Kane, Saka are all elite level players - I don't think any other national side can match that. Not to mention the imperious Mainoo of course. Can Southgate really fuck it up a 4th time?

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: March 26, 2024, 09:55:47 pm »

He didn't really. Pretty average.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1623 on: March 26, 2024, 09:57:42 pm »
You do get the impression Mainoo will be the key man this summer. If Southgate can build the side around him I suspect they will end 60 some years of hurt, but I wouldn't bloody bank on it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: March 26, 2024, 09:58:50 pm »

Southgate shit himself against Croatia and Italy in the World Cup semi and Euros final, when England went 1-0 up, and got there courtesy of very fortunate draws and favourable schedules. He's certainly got some spawn in him. Last World Cup as soon as they came up against a decent team in France they lost. But that game was there for the taking and he didn't make the right changes when the game was there to be won.

England have just got much better players than most. Bellingham, Rice, Foden, Trent, Kane, Saka are all elite level players - I don't think any other national side can match that. Not to mention the imperious Mainoo of course. Can Southgate really fuck it up a 4th time?

You know an awful lot about a team you don't watch.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: March 26, 2024, 09:58:59 pm »
You do get the impression Mainoo will be the key man this summer. If Southgate can build the side around him I suspect they will end 60 some years of hurt, but I wouldn't bloody bank on it.

He will stick with Henderson.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: March 26, 2024, 10:00:51 pm »
Southgate nearly gave it the full 'Moyes v Fulham at Old Trafford' at the end there.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: March 26, 2024, 10:01:43 pm »
Mainoo is overhyped but how anyone can argue he doesn’t have a lot of quality is beyond me, he is 18 and makes the likes of Gallagher look like league 1 players in comparison when comparing their technical ability.

He needs to work on his tactical side of the game, if he does and keeps on progressing he should be a top player. Won’t matter much to United with the current problems they have bough, we had many a better talent pop through in the 90’s and didn’t win much while they were winning it all.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: March 26, 2024, 10:04:21 pm »
He will stick with Henderson.

Jones should be starting but I can almost understand while he’d  be against starting an 18 year old in the biggest games against the best teams.

Jones is key to this England side its a shame he always gets injured just about when he’s looking like earning a call up, maybe he should just play for Nigeria.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: March 26, 2024, 10:04:45 pm »
You know an awful lot about a team you don't watch.

I watch the Euros and the World Cup, although don't bother watching England against minnows in the group or whatever.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: March 26, 2024, 10:09:24 pm »
I see Maddison came on and assisted the equaliser so presumably Southgate briefly abandoned having two holding midfielders.  You'd think with all the potential options Southgate's got to play as the pair of #8s that he'd just go for it but I think he's wedded to grinding out results.

Wales are clinging on against Poland.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1631 on: March 26, 2024, 10:10:05 pm »

'"It's a privilege to score my first goal for my country, so yeah, I'm buzzing!" 🗣️

@NorthernIreland's Conor Bradley speaks after scoring the winning goal for his side against Scotland 🟢':-

https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772745036284719211 (2 minute post-match interview)

Scotland 0 - [1] Northern Ireland; Conor Bradley goal on 32' - https://v.redd.it/cyo1gpt4mqqc1 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772721091523367094
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1632 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:30 pm »
I see Maddison came on and assisted the equaliser so presumably Southgate briefly abandoned having two holding midfielders.  You'd think with all the potential options Southgate's got to play as the pair of #8s that he'd just go for it but I think he's wedded to grinding out results.

Wales are clinging on against Poland.
Poland have been shite, and so have Wales, Paige's tactics the most shite thing though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: March 26, 2024, 10:14:58 pm »
This Wales game has been absolute dross. Can't see Wales winning the shootout. Szczesny was always a bit of a penalty specialist. Wales have Danny Ward.

Wales clueless going forward on the big stage without Bale.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: March 26, 2024, 10:15:30 pm »
England have talent in midfield n up front but as i said most of their defence could be lining up for a bottom six team. They will get found out when they play the better teams out there.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: March 26, 2024, 10:15:33 pm »
Poland have been shite, and so have Wales, Paige's tactics the most shite thing though
I've only watched the last 10 minutes but Wales have barely stepped out their penalty area.  It's looking like penalties if anyone wants to watch a bit of drama.

It's on S4C or I'm sure Jason has posted links in this thread somewhere.

Edit: Mepham won't be taking one as he's just been very harshly sent off.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: March 26, 2024, 10:16:55 pm »
Wales Down To 10

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1637 on: March 26, 2024, 10:16:56 pm »
'"It's a privilege to score my first goal for my country, so yeah, I'm buzzing!" 🗣️

@NorthernIreland's Conor Bradley speaks after scoring the winning goal for his side against Scotland 🟢':-

https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772745036284719211 (2 minute post-match interview)

Scotland 0 - [1] Northern Ireland; Conor Bradley goal on 32' - https://v.redd.it/cyo1gpt4mqqc1 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772721091523367094

Love watching him and he speaks so well.
#JFT97

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: March 26, 2024, 10:17:45 pm »
It's Penalties Guys

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1639 on: March 26, 2024, 10:19:07 pm »

Spain [3] - 2 Brazil; Rodri (penalty) on 87‎'‎ - https://dubz.link/v/mavm05 & https://twitter.com/TransferSector/status/1772750082187956263

Chris Mepham (Wales) second yellow card against Poland 120+1' - https://streamin.one/v/d7a6ee56

Onto penalties...

'Dozens of lasers targeting Luka Modrić every time he takes a corner in friendly match vs Egypt':-

https://v.redd.it/vgi7ru2u6rqc1

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:21:43 pm by oojason »