Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 202757 times)

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #840 on: February 5, 2012, 11:46:13 am »
when you get to the end of the season...only then can you judge...i hear fear....not just from yourself ,but from other spurs fans...that aint no coincidence....it cant get any better for spurs..they have peaked...were on a climb and will get better ...you know that...were on the up...youre on the way down
danny rose is one weak spot...it will be exposed...you have other injury problems...you will be weak

I'm a uhh, Liverpool fan.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #841 on: February 5, 2012, 11:48:02 am »
I agree, Gerrard is phenomenal, but on current form I don't see Gerrard outperforming VdV. I know Gerrard had been out for ages, but right now (inclusive of his injury) Gerrard is not playing better than VdV.
Why is that so hard to understand?
he fits into a team system that frankly is capable of beating anyone...hes still head and shoulders better than the rest when on blob.
vdv isnt fit to lace the lads boots....the rest of europe dont talk about vdv, they do still about stevie g...work it out
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #842 on: February 5, 2012, 11:49:16 am »
its aimed at the spuds fans on here( i quoted you coz you made reference to history,as did the earlier post from a spuds fan)....and you need to grow some
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 11:50:50 am by horne »

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #843 on: February 5, 2012, 11:49:50 am »
ive got to admit i had my doubts aswell at the start,thought you were a spurs fan the way you were talking about vdv being better than stevie.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #844 on: February 5, 2012, 11:52:39 am »
Spurs are a very good team right now and a proud club with tradition. They are a better team than us right now but they'd better win something to back it up because twenty years from now nobody remembers the 3rd/4th placed teams.Well except Sky,they'll probably have that "time of our lives "program remembering the great spurs team who qualified for the champions league three out of four seasons despite not coming next or near winning it when they did.

They spent one season in the champions league and all of a sudden they're too good for the Europa league.

I'm looking forward to the game Monday.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline perstrame

• Main Stander
  • Spurs fan
« Reply #845 on: February 5, 2012, 11:54:12 am »
Wow, that's quite a bit of hate for just what I said. I don't even know how to reply to some of it ahaha. Um, where to begin...

'Which club would you expect to win the most trophies in the next 10 years ? Liverpool or Spurs ?'
I think that it largely depends on the business done by both clubs this summer, to make a decision now would just be silly.

'We've "been" a bigger, better club? We are a bigger, better club mate. Yes, you might currently have a better team, but you're not even the biggest club in North London.'
I didn't say you weren't a bigger club, but we are better than at the moment and over the past couple of seasons (since we finished 4th and your Roy Hodgsen fiasco)

'And for the record- before the recent incidents surrounding Evra, our club had prolly the best record of fighting racism and standing up for justice than most clubs. Spurs-supporters, like many others, actually chanted racist abuse at other players. A thing that was last done by LFC fans in the 80's!'
I never said anything about racism, but ,as far as I know, our fans only chanted at Sol Campbell - and he's a c*nt. And some fans were arrested for that if I remember correctly.

'If we're so irrelevant to the mighty Spuds, what are you doing on here? And why do you lot have 17 pages devoted to us?'
You're not irrelevant, no team is irrelevant, every team is a potential 6 points for us. A vital 6 points. And you lot have 12 pages devoted to us, not to mention a constant slagging off in all of your 'Premier League Fixtures' threads whenever we win a game. Don't moan about us having a thread when you have one for us in which you slag us off and call us an over-achieving mid-table club...and you say we're deluded.

'bale and parker'
Kranjcar and Sandro could be there if they're needed. Kranjcar is still a fantastic player even if he isn't as good as Bale, and Sandro is just as good as Parker, just with less experience. Or VDV could go our right with Lennon on the left. Also, Modric, VDV, Kaboul and King are all fantastic players that you seems to have missed.

If you lot reply with a million replies there's no way I'm going to attempt to reply to all of it, it takes too longgg. Try not to give unnecessary hate as well.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #846 on: February 5, 2012, 11:57:10 am »
fucking hell,does that mean newcastle are a bigger club than us :-[

accorning to Pestrame/ Spurs fans it does - though it could all change in the next couple of days..  ::)
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: February 5, 2012, 11:57:56 am »
'We've "been" a bigger, better club? We are a bigger, better club mate. Yes, you might currently have a better team, but you're not even the biggest club in North London.'
I didn't say you weren't a bigger club, but we are better than at the moment and over the past couple of seasons (since we finished 4th and your Roy Hodgsen fiasco)

Alright, but you haven't won anything have you? Do you think Spurs will keep improving and will win something in the next couple of years?

'And for the record- before the recent incidents surrounding Evra, our club had prolly the best record of fighting racism and standing up for justice than most clubs. Spurs-supporters, like many others, actually chanted racist abuse at other players. A thing that was last done by LFC fans in the 80's!'
I never said anything about racism, but ,as far as I know, our fans only chanted at Sol Campbell - and he's a c*nt. And some fans were arrested for that if I remember correctly.

Oh, that's alright then.

'bale and parker'
Kranjcar and Sandro could be there if they're needed. Kranjcar is still a fantastic player even if he isn't as good as Bale, and Sandro is just as good as Parker, just with less experience. Or VDV could go our right with Lennon on the left. Also, Modric, VDV, Kaboul and King are all fantastic players that you seems to have missed.

I think 'triffic' is the word you're looking for.

If you lot reply with a million replies there's no way I'm going to attempt to reply to all of it, it takes too longgg. Try not to give unnecessary hate as well.

More unnecessary hate.

Offline perstrame

• Main Stander
  • Spurs fan
« Reply #848 on: February 5, 2012, 11:58:26 am »
I'm not quite sure what  you're definition of 'bigger club' is.. Are you saying you're bigger than us because you're currently above us in the table? (I'm assuming you'renot taking last season into account because it's 'in the past'). Seems a bit of a stupid way of doing it to be honest. By your definition, who the bigger club is would change from week to week, month to month. If you go above ManU in the next couple of weeks I assume all the Spurs fans are going to be shouting your mouths off about how your bigger then them as well..

I mean looking at your argument, yesterday morning we were bigfger then Arsenal, after they beat Blackburn they were bigger than us, but if we beat you on Monday we'll be bigger than them.. You see, I wouldn't call that being the 'bigger club' I'd call it 'being higher in the table'. And I'm quite happy to admit that - 'Spurs are currently higher in the table than Liverpool'. Hope that settles it.. ;)

You've not read what I said properly...I said we're a better team, not a bigger club.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #849 on: February 5, 2012, 11:58:44 am »
The problem you have is this: you are the second or third best team in the league, you have some top quality players and even a world class player - you are on the biggest high in two decades.

And all you have to show for it is third place in the league and a quarter final of the CL.In your heart of hearts, i think you're settling for that.

You say it's all about the team and manager you've got now- if that's all you 'win' with your best in twenty years... then it's pretty depressing for you.

When the sun shines, make hay. Have a homecoming parade, add to the trophy collection - otherwise it's all a big load of hot air. You've probably been hammering Wenger for pretty football with no silverware for years...

The biggest myth in this era is that third and fourth place is an achievement in itself - self deluded Sky zombies buy into it. But I couldn't give a shit how many times we have finished second, third, fourth or sixth - but the amount of trophies is the fire that drives a real club.

The truth of this post should not be overlooked when we talk about acheiving 4th etc is better than winning the Cup.

Already the last 6 years of our history is being re-written as a failure by those looking back on it. Within that period 2006-2009 we had 3 great years and were ranked No 1 side in UEFA rankings I think, CL runners up, 2nd in League CL semi finallists etc and yet no trophies and now described in the annals by externals as a period of failure.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: February 5, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
Let Spurs have their moment, they know as well as us it is a short term run of good form. The current group of players they have now are great but for long term success they will need to keep producing teams of this quality. The likes of Bale and Modric are likely to leave in the summer, Adebayor is a loan, King, Gallas, Friedel, Saha, Nelson and Parker are nearing the end of their careers.
They have scoured Europe for top players only to be knocked back by most of them, they will struggle to attract top names to consistently challenge for top four and trophies.
Whilst I don't like buying into the history argument it however can not be disputed that the great history of Liverpool FC across the world still appeals to top players.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: February 5, 2012, 11:59:16 am »
Why did you name yourself after pastrami?

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: February 5, 2012, 11:59:19 am »

where was the hate mate? I was just asking for you to define your definition of 'bigger', which you've not answered yet. Do you simply mean 'above in the table'? In which case, yes. Yes you are above us. Fair enough.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: February 5, 2012, 11:59:27 am »
Tottenham have had our number at White Hart Lane the last few years, and I was quite impressed with them at Anfield last year; they still needed a heavily deflected goal and Fergusons rent boy to give them a non penalty to beat us.
I expect a close game tomorrow, but I expect us to win. Really looking forward to the game. 

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #854 on: February 5, 2012, 12:00:22 pm »
accorning to Pestrame/ Spurs fans it does - though it could all change in the next couple of days..  ::)
Tough life, eh? Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. One day you're the greatest, next you're nothing ::)

Mental  :o
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #855 on: February 5, 2012, 12:00:37 pm »
i smell fear...and rightly so....kenny is bringing us back to a place were we were feared..and the rest of the prem and the media know it...bring it on

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #856 on: February 5, 2012, 12:02:40 pm »
big atmosphere on monday and they will feel it....twelth man should be there in abundance...let them experience it...they have brought it on...

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: February 5, 2012, 12:02:57 pm »
big atmosphere on monday and they will feel it....twelth man should be there in abundance...let them experience it...they have brought it on...

I'm so glad I'm going to this game :D

Offline perstrame

• Main Stander
  • Spurs fan
« Reply #858 on: February 5, 2012, 12:03:25 pm »
where was the hate mate? I was just asking for you to define your definition of 'bigger', which you've not answered yet. Do you simply mean 'above in the table'? In which case, yes. Yes you are above us. Fair enough.

I thought I did type out my definition of it, my mistake must've deleted. I didn't say we're a bigger club, I said we're a better team at the moment. A bigger club is defined by history and trophies that you've won over the past decade or two. A better team is whoever is the better team at the moment, and we are the better team.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #859 on: February 5, 2012, 12:03:46 pm »
would have loved this to be a flag day....let them have a taste of it

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #860 on: February 5, 2012, 12:05:12 pm »
cant stand this type of cross forum infiltration (either way)...always makes me feel a bit..icky...its like going into the womens bogs for a piss
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #861 on: February 5, 2012, 12:06:19 pm »

What happened to 'Adebayor, Adebayooor. You're daddy washes elephants and your momma's a whore'' ?

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: February 5, 2012, 12:06:28 pm »
I wouldn't worry too much about the views of Spurs (or any other teams) supporters.

Most opposition fans have disliked us for years but we didnt bother them too much when we had all the problems with H&G because they hoped we were destined for oblivion and that suited them.

We then made them happy because we had Hodgson for Manager and the likes of Poulsen etc and they knew we wouldn't flourish with that sort of set up and that suited them.

Now we have decent owners, club stability, good team spirit and players, brilliant Manager and are showing signs of being a threat and it doesn't suit them at all.  A resurgent Liverpool is the last thing teams like Spurs want to see.

The Suarez saga has given them an extra something to hang their dislike onto - we are now all racists going to Klanfield and they can use that as a cheap and easy shot.

At the end of the day though there is one thing we should remember - they think they are a big club, but we know we are.

I really, really hope we batter them on Monday.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #863 on: February 5, 2012, 12:06:34 pm »
To be fair, that Perstrame fella hasn't said much wrong there really. Apart from "our fans only chanted at Sol Campbell- and hes a c*nt"...

Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #864 on: February 5, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »
All you've done in that post is go on about your history again...that's exactly what us Spurs fans dislike about Liverpool fans, you're hung up on the past. How many trophies you've won in the past won't win you the game on Monday, your 5 champions league wins won't get you into the top 4 this season. It's about the teamy you've got now, the manager you've got now, and the form that your team is in now. History has nothing to do with it. All history says is that over the past however many years you've been a bigger, better club than us. Now, we're the better team.

It's about the teamy we have now? Is it? Is that what football's all about in the world of Spurs fans? The teamy you have now? Not winning trophies then, just about what teamy you currently have?

Right. That makes sense. Funny how Spurs fans have absolutely fucking hated the constant fawning from the media over Arsenal's football during the last 6-7 years, criticising those who praise Wenger's style of play and telling anyone who'll listen that it doesn't matter because they still don't win anything. But NOW, now when it comes to Spurs being above them for the first time in ages, and when it comes to Spurs having people praise their football, it's all ok. It's what football's all about now, isn't it? Finishing 4th is what defines you these days. Appearing in ONE fucking champions league is what makes you a brilliant side these days. Trophies? Pah. Doesn't matter. That's all just incidental to the brilliant football you're praised for. If you've got a great teamy for a couple of seasons then that makes you a huge club.

Surely Spurs fans aren't so fucking idiotic that they can't see just how arrogant they've become in the space of two and half seasons? Your reply to me just underlined it. You're a nothing club, winning nothing over a long long period of time. You could finish 3rd this season, 10 points ahead of us in 4th, and we could have the league cup and FA Cup in our trophy cabinet to boot, and to YOU and the rest of the daft c*nts supporting your club you'd STILL think you'd been the better side. It's fucking hilarious really.

Bottom line, you've won NOTHING sunshine, and that's what this game is actually about. You have a more settled teamy at the moment, and that's it. Come back and gloat once you've actually achieved something, not before, because it's truly ridiculous that you would think there's anything at all to boast about right now.

Oh, and congratulations on becoming Arsenal fans.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #865 on: February 5, 2012, 12:07:04 pm »
I thought I did type out my definition of it, my mistake must've deleted. I didn't say we're a bigger club, I said we're a better team at the moment. A bigger club is defined by history and trophies that you've won over the past decade or two. A better team is whoever is the better team at the moment, and we are the better team.

ok we get it.. you're the better team...can you please go away now
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #866 on: February 5, 2012, 12:09:04 pm »
Also, lets not fucking generalize eh!! no doubt there are a number of Spurs fans around who have got ahead of themselves with their arrogance but lets not tar them all with the one brush. For example Tommy_W on here is as sound as they come, I'm sure theres plenty more like him too. We should know better than to brand them all seeing as we've all been painted as racists by lazy journalists and hypocritical opposition fans over the last few weeks.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: February 5, 2012, 12:09:10 pm »
and as for you having the better team now what a load of bullshit.you have been in better form for a few seasons but i honestly could only pick 1-2 players from your team that are better than what we have now.

If that is the case, why are we 11 points behind them?

Is Redknapp a much better manager then Dalglish then, getting more out of his players?

I think the reason a lot of clubs get annoyed at Liverpool fans going back to history and saying they are the bigger club is that often it is just a cop out from admitting that the other team are the better side at present.

Spurs are definitely the better side at present, but will have to win something to solidify their reputation, as otherwise they will end up being another Spurs side that were very good but didn't quite make it.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #868 on: February 5, 2012, 12:11:08 pm »
The truth of this post should not be overlooked when we talk about acheiving 4th etc is better than winning the Cup.

Already the last 6 years of our history is being re-written as a failure by those looking back on it. Within that period 2006-2009 we had 3 great years and were ranked No 1 side in UEFA rankings I think, CL runners up, 2nd in League CL semi finallists etc and yet no trophies and now described in the annals by externals as a period of failure.

Hope perstrame - the Tottenham geezer - reads this. Wise words
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #869 on: February 5, 2012, 12:16:53 pm »
It's about the teamy we have now? Is it? Is that what football's all about in the world of Spurs fans? The teamy you have now? Not winning trophies then, just about what teamy you currently have?

Right. That makes sense. Funny how Spurs fans have absolutely fucking hated the constant fawning from the media over Arsenal's football during the last 6-7 years, criticising those who praise Wenger's style of play and telling anyone who'll listen that it doesn't matter because they still don't win anything. But NOW, now when it comes to Spurs being above them for the first time in ages, and when it comes to Spurs having people praise their football, it's all ok. It's what football's all about now, isn't it? Finishing 4th is what defines you these days. Appearing in ONE fucking champions league is what makes you a brilliant side these days. Trophies? Pah. Doesn't matter. That's all just incidental to the brilliant football you're praised for. If you've got a great teamy for a couple of seasons then that makes you a huge club.

Surely Spurs fans aren't so fucking idiotic that they can't see just how arrogant they've become in the space of two and half seasons? Your reply to me just underlined it. You're a nothing club, winning nothing over a long long period of time. You could finish 3rd this season, 10 points ahead of us in 4th, and we could have the league cup and FA Cup in our trophy cabinet to boot, and to YOU and the rest of the daft c*nts supporting your club you'd STILL think you'd been the better side. It's fucking hilarious really.

Bottom line, you've won NOTHING sunshine, and that's what this game is actually about. You have a more settled teamy at the moment, and that's it. Come back and gloat once you've actually achieved something, not before, because it's truly ridiculous that you would think there's anything at all to boast about right now.

:wellin
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #870 on: February 5, 2012, 12:21:05 pm »

I dunno how you do it, Doc but you do get right down to the gist of an issue. Well done mate! Already 2 v. good posts in one day. Feck me- you're productive ;D
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #871 on: February 5, 2012, 12:22:20 pm »
I dunno how you do it, Doc but you do get right down to the gist of an issue. Well done mate! Already 2 v. good posts in one day. Feck me- you're productive ;D
Not the 7th best poster on RAWK for nothing.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #872 on: February 5, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »
i dont buy this spurs are a better side....based on what?.....arsenal play exciting football but its not won them anything so doesnt wash
same for spuds...look good on occasions but have their weakness too...thats why they arent sitting pretty at the top...arent looking to win anything as others have pointed out.
they are away at one of europes most feared grounds when the crowd can be arsed to make an effort...thats come back over a recent period and when its there,we fear no one....they may use the last game as some sought of crutch...but they know and we know that it was early on,we made a massive transition since then and we had nine men.
if they want to turn up thinking its 3pts in the bag as they are trying to imply...great...the complacency wil get to them....they have a team ravaged by injury...theres only one king,the other one doesnt even train and they think that if he plays ....they win?....has he met luis suarez yet?...laughable
get behind the lads.....make some noise....scare the fucking life out of them and we'll see not how many of our players would get in their side....but how many of their side would want to play for us...in that atmosphere!....the library is shut!

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: February 5, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »
You've not read what I said properly...I said we're a better team, not a bigger club.

That's a matter of opinion..

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #874 on: February 5, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »
how do you measure whos the best team...?....

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #875 on: February 5, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »
That's a matter of opinion..
Think he means they get better results at this moment, only; which is so obvious, it goes without saying. I have yet to see ayone denying him that fact- if it were even possible in the face of fact.

If that's what he wants, it goes without saying. He's a good guest, but to those deluded Spurs supporters who thinks this makes them an "elite" club- the fact that they've had better results, yet still in 3rd, in about mid-season, without having won anything last season and are only in the last 16 of the FA Cup and having been knocked out of the LC, while we're in the final, then leave them to their bliss.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 12:40:04 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #876 on: February 5, 2012, 12:31:17 pm »

Spurs are a bit of a nothing club though aren't they? You have had no success of late (I know it's traditional at the moment to find yourself 4th and think that's an achievement) but actually winning something counts. We've been a bit hit and miss of late (But we've come close to winning the league, We won the UEFA Cup, FA Cup (Twice), League Cup and other trophies since 2001 including the 'Champions' League and getting to another final).

Spurs really haven't won anything. A lot of Spurs fans are coming across as arrogant as well - the stance the club and fans took over the Europa league was embarrasing. You're just another London club - one of many. Your rivals and club are an irrelevance outside London. With Rednapp there you've done 'well' recently but in the context of making a dint on trophies there is still a lot of work to be done.

I don't like Spurs or Spurs fans for a few personal reasons (If it were up to me I'd concrete your ground over and expunge it from history)

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 12:43:04 pm by Andy @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: February 5, 2012, 12:32:52 pm »
how do you measure whos the best team...?....
League position over a period is a pretty reasonable starting point.

Spurs probably are a better side right now but there's not a lot in it. We've not seen our two best players play together yet this season and have got a lot of players settling in.

They do have 2 truly great players though who are doing the business right now.

Offline perstrame

• Main Stander
  • Spurs fan
« Reply #878 on: February 5, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »
Aha, okay, clearly I'm not welcome here for whatever reason. Don't see what I've done or said that's wrong but whatever, I'll go back to silently browsing your forum. Good luck on Monday.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: February 5, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »
3 points would give us some very good momentum to push for top 4. Just finish your chances Redmen and we will win.