Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 114430 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #920 on: May 5, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »
Buy British.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: May 5, 2012, 09:05:33 pm »
He was very clever when he went down for 5 minutes, he broke up our momentum a tad, I said to the Mrs he knew what he was doing, and as much as I despise all that shite, I wouldnt be critical if the tables were turned.
i noticed it straight away,its cheating but who will remember it ?,he did the same against barca, it works and we were well on top then.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #922 on: May 5, 2012, 09:05:38 pm »
Carroll finally won me over today. He was brilliant.

As for the result, there's no shame in losing like that to the CL finalists. Chins up for next season... we're gonna show 'em what we're really like.

Offline Purple Aki

• Main Stander
« Reply #923 on: May 5, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »
Tactics were all wrong today. We had fuck all up front. Downing and Enrique were getting forward and there was nobody to put a cross into, and Suarez wouldn't have had a chance against Ivanovic or JT in the air. It was begging for Carroll. I like Jay spearing and he has come a long way since 2 years ago, I admire his fight and patience in breaking in to the regular 1st team spot but at the end of the day he aint fucking good enough.

Carroll was an absolute beast today, one of his best games, albeit for 35 minutes. He had the fight and the desire to go on and damn nearly get us that extra 30 mins we needed to break them down. Was the ball over the line? I'd say no and the fact that nobody on here can agree then imagine being a linesman and making the decision in a split second. Give that shit a rest now.

Devastated really, I fucking hate Chelsea and the thought of that ladyboy c*nt getting hold of a trophy at our expense fucks me off even more.

Ah well. Gonna have a few scoops and try to forget about it.

Aki
He's a sexual molester, like a black uncle fester, he will make you tense your biceps, your quads and your triceps.

It's Purple Aki

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: May 5, 2012, 09:06:24 pm »
Haha - what the fuck? In what way is it disgraceful? Sorry beyond disgraceful...

Alan, I never met you, and Im not English (wether you care or not) but nobody should 'boo' any anthem before a game.
If its the Gerries or the French.
Never ever.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #925 on: May 5, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »
You`re shooting with Althea ? Nice shooting.

Haha.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »
Shouldn't have waited until Chelsea had scored their second + 10 minutes before changing the plan - it was obvious after the first it wasn't working for us

And yet if Andys header goes in we're all happy as larry.

An inch or two and its perfect timing. An inch or two and its a poor judgement.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:15 pm »
Enrique always looks to play himself out of danger, always looks to play the ball and keep it in play when defending. just wish he learnt to sometimes boot it out for a throw in, and in this game if he took ramires out it wouldn't have been a goal.

collective mistakes lead to goals being conceded.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #928 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:34 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-we-ll-grow-from-this

"The way they finished the last half hour should give them the belief and confidence that they are better than they think they are.

Very important that sentence from Kenny.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline morgsa

• Main Stander
« Reply #929 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »
Game needed Lucas, Henderson and Spearing were all over the place

I do think that if lucas was out there today we would not of lost.  But i do think we can learn from this and be the better fot it.  Kenny must have learned, if he didnt know already, which players are not good enough.
Welcome to our club NESV.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »
Personally, I support the England team for precisely that reason. Nice to have shared experiences with your fellow countryman which you can cherish together and feel pride in what you collectively stand for. It's the same with Liverpool, mind, but that doesn't mean that something like the World Cup or European Championships shouldn't be an opportunity to support my country. What I don't really understand is people on here willing England to lose. I know that maybe players like Gerrard swanning off to Ukraine and South Africa probably isn't ideal for his fitness, but why not enjoy it? You don't have to support just one team...(and I know the FA is run by a lot of technocratic, greedy cuntbags, too, but so were we for a few years and that didn't stop me supporting Liverpool Football Club)

I've got no problem with people supporting England to fulfill some inner need to generate a sense of belonging to some strangers with whom you share an island or even getting all jingoistic at the dirge they call a national anthem, that is their business.  I do however resent being harangued for not partaking.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #931 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:46 pm »
not many comments on Pepe?
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: May 5, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
Don't think they were that good to be honest. We were just worse up until 60 mins. Anyway, a lot of the concerns this season were again apparent today. I hope we address them in the summer.

Without jumping to conclusions, JW Henry didn't look over the moon.

Thing is they didn't need to be good, they just wanted to play us on the counter, we only created one good effort up until the goal.

Offline ThisisAnfield96

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: May 5, 2012, 09:08:03 pm »
not many comments on Pepe?
See his thread

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: May 5, 2012, 09:08:37 pm »
I dont think the team selection was as bad as people were making out. Spearing and Henderson seemed completely out of their depth for such an occasion such as the fa cup final. Gerrard could see they were struggling so had to sit in to help them. This left Suarez horribly isolated on his own.
Yes I agree Carroll should have started, but I feel the 1st half performance could have been a lot better if spearing and henderson wernt so inexperienced and nervous. But that will come with time.
Can't have any arguments with the result. We simply werent good enough.
I still have confidence in kenny that he will turn this round. Stability is what we need. There's no point in changing manager every 2 years. People need time in life.
YNWA

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #935 on: May 5, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »
I can't wait for this season to be over. LFC's players, staff, and fans need a break from football.

Yeah, most of them forever.

Think Johnson, Agger and Skrtel are the only ones who can be proud of this season and they're the kind of players who won't be happy with it.

Awful.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #936 on: May 5, 2012, 09:09:46 pm »
For my money, Spearing is another Lucas. We wanted Lucas gone a few years back and now we all love him. Give the lad another year.

Difference is Spearing is 23, not 19.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #937 on: May 5, 2012, 09:09:48 pm »
Enrique always looks to play himself out of danger, always looks to play the ball and keep it in play when defending. just wish he learnt to sometimes boot it out for a throw in, and in this game if he took ramires out it wouldn't have been a goal.

collective mistakes lead to goals being conceded.

he shouldnt have had to take Ramierez out his positioning was awful.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #939 on: May 5, 2012, 09:11:06 pm »
This shit possess me off, grow up Liverpool is in England FACT, get over it.

And you're a bad, bad bell. I don't think anyone is so fucking stupid that they actually believe Liverpool is not within the geographic boundaries of England or the United Kingdom.

It's a state of mind not a geography GSCE question...  FACT
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline progress

• Boys Pen
« Reply #940 on: May 5, 2012, 09:11:24 pm »
If it's any consolation, Barcelona lost to Chelsea by 1 goal too. We can't be that far behind. The odds were always stacked against us to be playing away from home in a hostile environment without Lucas et al.

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #941 on: May 5, 2012, 09:11:34 pm »
Personally, I support the England team for precisely that reason. Nice to have shared experiences with your fellow countryman which you can cherish together and feel pride in what you collectively stand for. It's the same with Liverpool, mind, but that doesn't mean that something like the World Cup or European Championships shouldn't be an opportunity to support my country. What I don't really understand is people on here willing England to lose. I know that maybe players like Gerrard swanning off to Ukraine and South Africa probably isn't ideal for his fitness, but why not enjoy it? You don't have to support just one team...(and I know the FA is run by a lot of technocratic, greedy cuntbags, too, but so were we for a few years and that didn't stop me supporting Liverpool Football Club)

My allegiances to anything and anyone are based on my values, not geographical coincidence. I have my own ideology, which doesn't tally with that of the state, nor with most of my countrymen, nor with the institutions that surround football in this country. In fact, most of English football is designed precisely to contradict my values and my ideology, designed to distract, designed to feed corporate greed, designed to nurture an apolitical, nihilistic, materialistic, nationalistic, delusional, self-indulgent barbarianism. I want nothing to do with it and I'm certainly not going to sing its praises.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #942 on: May 5, 2012, 09:11:47 pm »
I cannot get my head around us getting less than 58 points this season. You can? I support Liverpool FC not the manager or any individual player. Fortunately the owners share my opinion and not yours. Noone is beyond criticism. Get over the plastic club BS. We need to make decisions that move us forward. We tried with Kenny and I supported it at the time. I'd did not work out.
Yes I support the Chicago Bulls too, so what's your point?

That supporting the manager of the club is the way forward. Criticizing him is undermining him. It takes time to build a team. A new manager will not have the space that Kenny has and will be given even less of a room to play with. Kenny deserves another season based on his achievements as a manager. IF you support the club then it does not make sense to get rid of a manager every few season. The decision to move us forward in terms of the manager is not to make one. The very fact that you supported Kenny and now think its wrong tells me how fickle you are and those of your ilk are the persons who will draw out the knives for the next one in line. You do not deserve to support Liverpool. Be thankful that you got the chance to experience the cup finals over the years, most supporters in this world don't get that often as we do. Part of that secret recipe is that the supporters of this club support the club and the manager even after they lose. Maybe it will take you a few years to understand that, its called educating yourself about the club.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: May 5, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »
Liverpool did me proud personally, and so did Carroll. I felt as if Liverpool FC were the only original team out there today, seriously.

Enrique was slow, and defenders had their problem, and reina should have saved the first goal.

Everything else was really good. Chelsea just got lucky, and I'm over it to be honest with you.

Liverpool FC must build as someone here has previously said. Henderson needs to do alot better, feel like he showed small glimpses but not doing enough, and Enrique is just dam slow, too much muscle.

Reina needs to get his act together when it comes to saving shots, mabe it's easy to say, but I really thought he'd be able to have saved those shots.

Chelsea didn't impress much, even though they decided to defend their lead, they did fuck all :/
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: May 5, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »
our squad is too small to cope with the number of games we have had this season

enrique has been pooor for a few weeks

next season we need to manage the squad better so that players are not playing to many games

i would play shelvey now for the next 2 games

i think we have missed a trick not playing shelvey today

hmmm..not even in europe How are we supposed to cope next season? (assuming we qualify)

i think the problem is less to do with the number of games and more to do with the quality we lack in key areas (namely up front and cm)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #945 on: May 5, 2012, 09:13:05 pm »
Carroll finally won me over today. He was brilliant.

As for the result, there's no shame in losing like that to the CL finalists. Chins up for next season... we're gonna show 'em what we're really like.

Said this before, we closely lost 2-1 to the CL Finalists, who were the favourites to win. You'd think we'd just been battered by a bunch of non hopers judging by some peoples reaction.

The game couldn't have been any closer and whether Carrols effort was in or not, once again an opposing goalie has made a wonder save to deny us this season.

That and hitting the woodwork an incredible 40 times in one season does have an element of bad luck about it no matter what you may think.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #946 on: May 5, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »
And yet if Andys header goes in we're all happy as larry.

An inch or two and its perfect timing. An inch or two and its a poor judgement.

On the coach home so only seen the screenies here but it's looks like a tight call - wonder if Chelsea fans will now accept the Garcia goal
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #947 on: May 5, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
I do not class myself as English,I am Scouse ,England can fuck right off!
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline echis

• Main Stander
« Reply #948 on: May 5, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »
Carroll's still was. Every Liverpool fan at least deserves the right to know this fact.

Last time I'm posting this image, I promise!
I made that picture in order to prove something completely different. I've seen too many people using it as evidence of the ball crossing the line, which it does not prove at all, and I've decided to take it down.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #949 on: May 5, 2012, 09:13:39 pm »
Paraphrasing but Kenny, post game said, that Chelsea players are experienced but we had youngsters. Well if that was the problem maybe Maxi would have helped a bit in that department. But who cares. Next season cannot come soon enough.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #950 on: May 5, 2012, 09:13:55 pm »
Said this before, we closely lost 2-1 to the CL Finalists, who were the favourites to win. You'd think we'd just been battered by a bunch of non hopers judging by some peoples reaction.

The game couldn't have been any closer and whether Carrols effort was in or not, once again an opposing goalie has made a wonder save to deny us this season.

That and hitting the woodwork an incredible 40 times in one season does have an element of bad luck about it no matter what you may think.

It also has an element of poor finishing though to hit it that many times.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #951 on: May 5, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »
Very important that sentence from Kenny.

the way we finished the game is because he has put 2 strikers up front, he didnt change anything after seeing 45mins of it - had to wait till we are 2 goals down to do it
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline barneyk100

• Main Stander
  • Our lads have come from all over the place
« Reply #952 on: May 5, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »
I'll tell you what I'm taking from that, Carrolls simmering anger at the end. The future is bright, the future is red. Yes you build a winning mentality from winning things but you also get pissed losing and come next season you come back, you come back with vengence. YNWA

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: May 5, 2012, 09:15:42 pm »
I dont think the team selection was as bad as people were making out. Spearing and Henderson seemed completely out of their depth for such an occasion such as the fa cup final. Gerrard could see they were struggling so had to sit in to help them. This left Suarez horribly isolated on his own.
Yes I agree Carroll should have started, but I feel the 1st half performance could have been a lot better if spearing and henderson wernt so inexperienced and nervous. But that will come with time.
Can't have any arguments with the result. We simply werent good enough.
I still have confidence in kenny that he will turn this round. Stability is what we need. There's no point in changing manager every 2 years. People need time in life.
YNWA

Spot on mate,we werent good enough but lets give Kenny the time to turn it round.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: May 5, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »
And as for the booing of the national anthem, that was beyond disgraceful!

Appologies if this has already been pointed out: Don't the English NT fans boo the opposing teams national anthem at every single game they attend - without fail?

Maybe except Northern Ireland who have GStQ as their national anthem also.

Fuck GStQ - awful dirge to entrenched aristocratic elitism.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #955 on: May 5, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »
You talk about it like its a seperate entity, Liverpool is part of England.
Physically,yeah.Not mentally.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #956 on: May 5, 2012, 09:16:24 pm »
Has anyone been banned yet?
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #957 on: May 5, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »
I cannot get my head around us getting less than 58 points this season. You can? I support Liverpool FC not the manager or any individual player. Fortunately the owners share my opinion and not yours. Noone is beyond criticism. Get over the plastic club BS. We need to make decisions that move us forward. We tried with Kenny and I supported it at the time. I'd did not work out.
Yes I support the Chicago Bulls too, so what's your point?

It is not clear yet what the owners think, is it?

But more importantly, there's really no difference for you is there? You could be supporting Chelsea, or one of the Manchesters or the other London clubs. Wouldn't be any different would it, other that the colour of the jerseys and some of the songs. The only thing that would change is that you would happen to have been introduced them first as a fan instead of us. There's no other connection. Sorry mate, I can't get my head around it, or around supporting another team of whatever sport on a Liverpool Football Club website. Just makes no sense to me. Simply putting it down to results weren't as good as you'd hoped in one season at the expense of one of the club's and city's greatest servants is peculiar. It suggests to me that you actually have no idea what being part of Liverpool Football Club should mean. I mean, afterall, it's just the same as the Bulls for you eh?

Although, what would happen if Michael Jordan came back to coach the Bulls and in his first year in charge made a couple of bad trades and the team failed to make the playoffs. Just fuck him straight off eh?

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: May 5, 2012, 09:17:00 pm »
Has anyone been banned yet?

I'd just unplug the server for the night if I ran RAWK.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #959 on: May 5, 2012, 09:17:01 pm »
It also has an element of poor finishing though to hit it that many times.

Yeah, I realise that as well but it is a freakish stat all the same.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)