Author Topic: Luton Away  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Luton Away
« on: October 23, 2023, 03:16:45 pm »
Just a shame they dont say exactly how many are 19/19

Due to the capacity of Kenilworth Road, we have received an allocation of 1151 tickets for our Premier League away fixture v Luton Town to be played at 16:30 on Sunday November 5th.

While not unexpected we know that our supporters will be disappointed by the allocation but can assure you that it is in line with Premier League guidance and no different to what other away fans to Luton have received this season.

Unfortunately, despite reducing all allocations, we are unable to hold a guaranteed sale to supporters with 19 Premier League away games from season 2022/23.

After much careful thought and consideration we will instead run a ballot for this game. Ballot registration will be open from 10am Tuesday 24 October until 12pm Thursday October 26th.

As part of our decision making process and as we are obliged to, we consulted with our Supporters Board and are grateful for their considered and thoughtful input. 

All supporters with 19 Premier League away credits from the 2022/2023 Season will all retain the match credit.

As you will receive the credit regardless of if you apply for a ticket or not, we encourage supporters to only apply if they are planning to attend the game themselves.

As always, tickets are strictly non-transferable – only purchase the ticket if you are attending the game. The Club will be conducting robust checks at the turnstiles to ensure that tickets are being used correctly.  Tickets not used by the supporters who bought them may be subject to sanction.

How does the ballot process work?   

Eligible supporters will be able to enter the ballot for tickets for up to ten eligible supporters. 

Credit / Debit Card details will be requested during the ballot entry process, but payment for tickets will only be taken for supporter bookings successful in the ballot.

As seating is unreserved at Kenilworth Road, tickets will automatically be allocated to supporters who are successful in the ballot, meaning you will not need to purchase tickets online.

All tickets will be posted  upon conclusion of the ballot, please check here for postage dates.

Supporters who are successful will receive an email confirmation. The personal details section of My Account will also be updated to show if they have been successful. 

Supporters who are unsuccessful will not receive an email, but their personal details section of My Account will be updated to confirm they have been unsuccessful. 

The ballot will be run on the afternoon of Thursday October 26. 

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
Re: Luton Away
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 03:27:30 pm »
If Bournmouth is 1,316 how many of those do you think go to Corporate/players/sponsors? equals How many on 19/19

Desperate to go to this would be nice if we had the exact figures on how many qualify and exactly how many tickets will be in the ballot.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 03:28:13 pm »
Didn't realise they had unreserved seating there, do any other PL clubs do this? Not sure I even knew it was allowed any more!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 03:29:29 pm »
Is it just me that thinks people shouldn't get a credit if they don't get a ticket ?

Offline Redcase

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 03:32:20 pm »
Is it just me that thinks people shouldn't get a credit if they don't get a ticket ?

I have had 19 credits for years. And I actually go to every game. Why should I lose a credit on the toss of a coin? Also booked transport too so will be out of pocket as well.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 03:33:14 pm »

It wouldn't be fair to be unsuccessful in the ballot and be on 18 next year an then not qualifying for Luton again should they stay up.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 03:35:30 pm »
It wouldn't be fair to be unsuccessful in the ballot and be on 18 next year an then not qualifying for Luton again should they stay up.

Spot on and fair..otherwise would be the exact same people going Luton next season
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2023, 03:40:54 pm »

wow mate

Imagine some lad who hasn't missed a game for 40 years and missing out on the ballot.  Dropping down to 18

Its unthinkable

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 03:45:05 pm »
wow mate

Imagine some lad who hasn't missed a game for 40 years and missing out on the ballot.  Dropping down to 18

Its unthinkable

Fair enough. Guess I'm looking at it from a different POV with not getting credits in the members ballot if unsuccessful.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2023, 03:59:46 pm »
wow mate

Its unthinkable

Spot on, me grandad hasn't missed one since Liddell's days coz went to fight in the WW2.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 04:04:55 pm »
899 tickets available

252 taken by the club

Offline Redcase

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 04:08:12 pm »
899 tickets available

252 taken by the club

Do you know how many qualify?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 04:08:59 pm »
Do you know how many qualify?

Probably just over 1000

Offline Redcase

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 04:23:17 pm »

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 04:29:11 pm »
899 tickets available

252 taken by the club

Not doubting in anyway but where did you get this please

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2023, 04:47:22 pm »
899 tickets available

252 taken by the club
Correct.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2023, 04:48:43 pm »
Probably just over 1000
Its more than that, its not much over 1100.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2023, 04:50:45 pm »
think away ballots for non-guaranteed sales should be the norm really. stops the basketeers but also stops people who are tech-savvy bumping up their credits. is the fairest option, but maybe would annoy a few.
YNWA.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2023, 05:06:20 pm »
Wonder how powerful that strict turnstile checks with sanctions message will be? Coupled with the retain your credit message, could see this dropping. I know loads of people, me included, that have been using someone else’s card for league  aways for 20 odd years. With the amount of young lads in the away end - who can’t possibly all have built up the credits in their lifetime - I’d guess at about half of the regulars using someone else’s card.

For the actual ticket holder, it’s all risk and no reward to let someone else use it for this game.

Long live the King

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2023, 05:12:25 pm »
Its more than that, its not much over 1100.

Surely not only 200 taken for bmouth but more taken for luton?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2023, 05:24:10 pm »
Surely not only 200 taken for bmouth but more taken for luton?
Correct, check your PM's.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2023, 05:27:42 pm »
Wonder how powerful that strict turnstile checks with sanctions message will be? Coupled with the retain your credit message, could see this dropping. I know loads of people, me included, that have been using someone else’s card for league  aways for 20 odd years. With the amount of young lads in the away end - who can’t possibly all have built up the credits in their lifetime - I’d guess at about half of the regulars using someone else’s card.

For the actual ticket holder, it’s all risk and no reward to let someone else use it for this game.
Not a single mention of carrying ID on the selling notice so I really can't see how on earth they expect to do 'robust checks'.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2023, 05:33:33 pm »
Not a single mention of carrying ID on the selling notice so I really can't see how on earth they expect to do 'robust checks'.

Presumably they’ll also be sending out up to 10 tickets per envelope - which will be mixed up from the relevant names when handed out.

Agree it will be difficult to police and if they try it’ll be a disaster. I expect the warning is just to put people off. But it might work with some for the reason I said.
Long live the King

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2023, 05:45:22 pm »
Presumably they’ll also be sending out up to 10 tickets per envelope - which will be mixed up from the relevant names when handed out.

Agree it will be difficult to police and if they try it’ll be a disaster. I expect the warning is just to put people off. But it might work with some for the reason I said.
Exactly.

It won't be many at all but some who genuinely can't make it won't bother to even apply seeing as they'll keep the credit anyway now.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2023, 05:52:03 pm »
Based on previous games. The robust checks involve a prick with clipboard outside the turnstile and a certain number of tickets scanning red on purpose at the turnstiles. When you go to the window guy with clipboard is waiting and interrogates you and fills in form on clipboard. If you can’t name the ticket purchaser or they don’t like some of your answers. Ticket holder gets a letter. This happened at Chelsea, Newcastle and wolves. SOS were made aware also.  I had a mate miss kick off at wolves because his ticket scanned red and clipboard guy didn’t like his dad gave him his ticket.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2023, 06:05:06 pm »
Based on previous games. The robust checks involve a prick with clipboard outside the turnstile and a certain number of tickets scanning red on purpose at the turnstiles. When you go to the window guy with clipboard is waiting and interrogates you and fills in form on clipboard. If you can’t name the ticket purchaser or they don’t like some of your answers. Ticket holder gets a letter. This happened at Chelsea, Newcastle and wolves. SOS were made aware also.  I had a mate miss kick off at wolves because his ticket scanned red and clipboard guy didn’t like his dad gave him his ticket.

Hopefully the “pricks” stop some the misuse of tickets.  Even catching 10 or 15 out will be worth it.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2023, 06:05:24 pm »
So how on earth will they know what ticket it is when row/seat numbers do not exist for this?

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2023, 06:21:42 pm »
Apart from the qr and the barcode there is different number on every ticket issued.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2023, 06:37:25 pm »
Apart from the qr and the barcode there is different number on every ticket issued.
Yes my mate went there with West Ham earlier on on the season so I know exactly what the tickets have printed on them. And the club will have a record of every barcode/QR that they sent to each individual? Good luck with that, they'll be loads trying to bunk in so this will just add to the carnage at the turnstiles if they start questioning people that have genuine tickets.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2023, 06:40:10 pm »
Nah they need just that unique number that is written on every ticket.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2023, 06:41:53 pm »
Nah they need just that unique number that is written on every ticket.
Fair enough. Its gonna be chaos as I reckon 20% tops go to away league matches in their own name.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2023, 06:47:24 pm »
Just 10 to 20 people max if any at all as sonofthekenny suggested, don't expect every second person to be stopped.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2023, 06:57:10 pm »
Just 10 to 20 people max if any at all as sonofthekenny suggested, don't expect every second person to be stopped.

If that's the case then it'll be the accounts they suspect are upto something dodgy rather than the genuine ones who attend every single away but on someone else's

Should have brought in the away transfer of credits

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2023, 07:05:22 pm »
If that's the case then it'll be the accounts they suspect are upto something dodgy rather than the genuine ones who attend every single away but on someone else's

Should have brought in the away transfer of credits
The sooner the better as it will alleviate the issue for plenty.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2023, 07:06:44 pm »
Should be but giving them now a chance to take the miss while at Bournemouth early days it was on a first come first served basis and they caught a few.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2023, 07:10:52 pm »
Hopefully the “pricks” stop some the misuse of tickets.  Even catching 10 or 15 out will be worth it.

Yes if they stop a touted ticket. If they stop someone who’s got a ticket off a mate it’s just inconvenient. Essentially until now they have not worked out the difference between a touted ticket and a ticket passed on at face value to a mate.  To the club everyone is lumped into the same bracket as tickets are non transferable.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2023, 07:16:15 pm »
Yes if they stop a touted ticket. If they stop someone who’s got a ticket off a mate it’s just inconvenient. Essentially until now they have not worked out the difference between a touted ticket and a ticket passed on at face value to a mate.  To the club everyone is lumped into the same bracket as tickets are non transferable.

Agree with this.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2023, 07:17:11 pm »
Spot on.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2023, 07:21:02 pm »

Genuine question - what’s your classification of misuse here?

If you mean passing on then fixing it’ll mean either allowing a transfer of away credits to people who’ve been using them for years - or a massive shift in the population of every away end. Either way, catching 10 or 15 unlucky ones at this one game only  - with everyone else carrying on as normal -  seems a bit bangon.
Long live the King

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2023, 08:50:28 pm »
Anybody know if you apply with mates do you all get ticket or individual basis?

Also if 10 mates apply together and all tickets go to one person how do they know who is using each ticket to do checks?