Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3460514 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wuhan Coronavirus
« Reply #280 on: February 23, 2020, 09:27:54 pm »
Restrictions will obviously impact life and be uncomfortable for some, but they won’t kill folk.  Whereas the virus may.

Put it down to ignorance but if it is serve enough to shutdowns lasting months, beyond the economic impact, could there not be shortages of food and medicine?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: February 23, 2020, 09:31:49 pm »
Austria has now stopped all trains coming out of and going to Italy.

Panic buying in Italy now reported due to strict quarantine measures.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:33 pm »
Panic buying in Italy now reported due to strict quarantine measures.
Is right. My Mrs went to the supermarket earlier and they were queuing 30 deep. No bottled water or fruit.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2020, 09:38:14 pm »
Put it down to ignorance but if it is serve enough to shutdowns lasting months, beyond the economic impact, could there not be shortages of food and medicine?

Probably I’d imagine over the medium to longer term, although the priority  now will be to prevent/alleviate the spread in the short term.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #284 on: February 23, 2020, 09:41:23 pm »
Again I have no experience or knowledge of this but is it really possible that this lasts up to then? I mean that's 4 to 6 months.

Surely having 4 to 6 months of major restrictions to travel and the general public is just as damaging as the disease itself.

Looking at the timeline for SARS, the index case was traced back to November 2002, and it wasn't until February 2003 when the WHO were alerted. After that it was another 5 months until the epidemic was classed as over.

The Corona outbreak started in December and China have responded better this time around (although still not great), so that may help matters, but assuming a similar timeline to SARS then that leads us up to August.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2020, 09:43:43 pm »
Probably I’d imagine over the medium to longer term, although the priority  now will be to prevent/alleviate the spread in the short term.

And I am not saying it is wrong, just saying if it's as bad as lasting months and months, it's going to be awful.

Mainly I was just wondering how real a possibility it is that this shutdown extends to the medium and long term

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2020, 09:45:01 pm »
There were reports a few days ago that in two to three weeks we will know if a treatment/vaccination is effective. I think its being carried out by Japan alongside WHO officials. China is also conducting tests using another treatment.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2020, 09:45:58 pm »
And I am not saying it is wrong, just saying if it's as bad as lasting months and months, it's going to be awful.

Mainly I was just wondering how real a possibility it is that this shutdown extends to the medium and long term

Unfortunately that remains unknown as this is a new virus and, beyond individual immune systems, has no cure.

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2020, 09:46:06 pm »
WHO won't admit it until the very last minute but it's clearly going to become a pandemic if it isn't even already. What's happening in Italy could easily have been over here and likely will be in not too long.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2020, 09:47:21 pm »
WHO won't admit it until the very last minute but it's clearly going to become a pandemic if it isn't even already. What's happening in Italy could easily have been over here and likely will be in not too long.

But surely in those circumstances governments would just completely halt all travel between countries?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:44 pm »
But surely in those circumstances governments would just completely halt all travel between countries?

Which in itself causes problems.

From what it sounds like it is a tightrope, with problems happening no matter what.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 23, 2020, 09:55:00 pm »

I don’t know how the WHO define a global pandemic but there are now cases on every continent.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 23, 2020, 10:11:38 pm »
I don’t know how the WHO define a global pandemic but there are now cases on every continent.

They must be under severe pressure as the impacts economically would be huge. But most people seem to be questioning why its not being classed as a pandemic now.

The Italy and Iranian situation could very well be the tipping point. If in Italy the rate spikes to the same speed as the past few days then travel could very well be suspended.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:13:19 pm by a treeless whopper »

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 23, 2020, 10:15:01 pm »

We apparently import half of all of our food so you can see the issues that would bring up. A big part of the fear is the damage to the economy which is why it will usually be downplayed by governments, they don't want people panicking.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 23, 2020, 10:20:07 pm »
We apparently import half of all of our food so you can see the issues that would bring up. A big part of the fear is the damage to the economy which is why it will usually be downplayed by governments, they don't want people panicking.

Does its pass through food or products? Or is it just person to person?

Whilst the economic issues would be severe, in this age governments would be wary that if the economy was prioritised over public health then their people would not forgive them for it.

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2020, 10:20:48 pm »

WHO defines it as 'The worldwide spread of a new disease.' but there are 6 phases, we've already passed the first 4 going from first infection to small clusters and human-to-human transition.

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way

So looks like we're in phase 5 with phase 6 being pandemic.

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 23, 2020, 10:25:21 pm »
Does its pass through food or products? Or is it just person to person?

Whilst the economic issues would be severe, in this age governments would be wary that if the economy was prioritised over public health then their people would not forgive them for it.

It can live for many days without a host so you could become infected by touching a doorknob that an infected person used days ago. It could live in the same way on food after preparation, and if it passes from humans to livestock (unknown but possible) then it will of course be in meat and dairy. I believe it's killed with heat though.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #297 on: February 23, 2020, 10:27:12 pm »
Thank the baby Jesus we have Brexit to save us from this terrible Johnny foreigner disease.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 23, 2020, 10:32:11 pm »
WHO defines it as 'The worldwide spread of a new disease.' but there are 6 phases, we've already passed the first 4 going from first infection to small clusters and human-to-human transition.

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way

So looks like we're in phase 5 with phase 6 being pandemic.

Depending on the geography defining WHO regions and definition of  ‘community’ we may be in phase 6?

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 23, 2020, 10:43:54 pm »
Haven’t read any news in 4 or 5 days so was surprised to find out its escalated in italy. 152 cases and 3 dead
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2020, 10:45:08 pm »
Depending on the geography defining WHO regions and definition of  ‘community’ we may be in phase 6?

Unsure about that as well. Not even sure what the declaration of a pandemic will really change but I'd advise keeping an eye on it to get supplies in before the mass panic buying, if it comes to that.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2020, 09:41:19 am »
There were reports a few days ago that in two to three weeks we will know if a treatment/vaccination is effective. I think its being carried out by Japan alongside WHO officials. China is also conducting tests using another treatment.

Just reading about that now, seems they have a few of them and all going into testing stage already in Australia, fingers crossed

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2020, 10:20:46 am »
Thank the baby Jesus we have Brexit to save us from this terrible Johnny foreigner disease.

actually know someone who's stopped getting Chinese takeaway "til all this blows over"
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2020, 10:24:01 am »
Hearing from friends that live abroad that flights that are normally rammed - are pretty empty
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2020, 11:06:03 am »
My missus works in an international school in Munich and came over for the half term last week. Probably just coincidence but both the flight here and the flight back on Saturday were dead compared to normal. Empty rows and seats all over the place.

I think the fact we're an island may help. it's bad on the one hand due to our food needing to be imported but on the other it's easy enough for us to metaphorically pull up the drawbridge. With the open borders in mainland europe and (especially) if it reaches the African continent it might be difficult to stop determined people travelling.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2020, 11:12:23 am »
50 people in Iran dead (disputed by Iranian officials) and a 4th Italian has died.

Kuwait and Iraq have confirmed their first cases, albeit they are believed to be Iranian's who travelled over before the borders were shut.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:15:33 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2020, 11:21:42 am »
Cruise ships are refusing to let people from China and surrounding area from boarding. They are also stopped people who have visited those areas from boarding

- with full refunds.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2020, 11:45:19 am »
actually know someone who's stopped getting Chinese takeaway "til all this blows over"

I would strongly suggest disassociation from that person as a healthy course of action, they sound contagiously stupid.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2020, 12:04:53 pm »
5th Italian has died.

Honestly, hone up on your sniper ability. Postmen will make good target practice.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:06:37 pm by a treeless whopper »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2020, 12:12:04 pm »
Glad I don't live in a big city.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2020, 12:16:21 pm »

Was in Tesco yesterday and someone had dropped a box of corona with the beer spilled all over the aisle. I so wish i`d had my phone to take a pic.

On a serious note, it`s really hard to tell whether we should be taking this more seriously (as a government and citizens alike) than we are. I don`t get how people have been able to fly (back home) from all over the world when they could be treated where they are. Latest from The Guardian is that we are at a "tipping point" as to whether this becomes a pandemic.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2020, 12:29:12 pm »
Hearing from friends that live abroad that flights that are normally rammed - are pretty empty

Probably best to avoid unnecessary travel though. Even if the region you're coming from/going to has no reported cases, airports are ideal for spreading infection
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 24, 2020, 01:06:04 pm »
Was in Tesco yesterday and someone had dropped a box of corona with the beer spilled all over the aisle. I so wish i`d had my phone to take a pic.

On a serious note, it`s really hard to tell whether we should be taking this more seriously (as a government and citizens alike) than we are. I don`t get how people have been able to fly (back home) from all over the world when they could be treated where they are. Latest from The Guardian is that we are at a "tipping point" as to whether this becomes a pandemic.

Government's taking it extremely seriously. Or at least the public sector people working for them are

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2020, 01:19:07 pm »
Reading about the efforts to turn people away from flights and cruises reminds me of the Pandemic flash games I used to play. Same principle. Can you seal off countries before the disease takes over the entire world? Real life copying the imagined.

http://pandemic2.org/
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2020, 01:26:00 pm »
Think I'll be taking a raincheck on my trip to Venice next week. Kind of hoping the government advises against travel so I can claim on it on the insurance...

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2020, 01:31:50 pm »
Think I'll be taking a raincheck on my trip to Venice next week. Kind of hoping the government advises against travel so I can claim on it on the insurance...
Yeah the missus was meant to be heading to Milan as well and is hoping for much the same outcome!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2020, 01:32:47 pm »
Yeah the missus was meant to be heading to Milan as well and is hoping for much the same outcome!

Wouldnt the airlines pay out?

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2020, 01:39:17 pm »
Wouldnt the airlines pay out?
Only if there is clear official guidance not to travel there I would have thought (or they just cancel flights themselves)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2020, 02:21:41 pm »
6th Italian has died.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2020, 02:25:02 pm »
6th Italian has died.
Death rate for Italy seems high so far, maybe blind luck, maybe a lot of at risk people exposed, maybe just a lot more cases there than have been diagnosed so far