Author Topic: Benfica Away  (Read 55486 times)

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
Re: Benfica Away
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2010, 05:29:35 pm »
jesus just checked the weather,after bucharest + lille,gonna be like being in the tropics!!!
find a nice little bar, put your beer in shade and face in the sun happy days:D

Offline mattc3575

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2010, 05:59:25 pm »
£300 to Lisbon from manchester with 5star hotel out on Wed back on the Fri best I could find

were did you find that mate?

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2010, 06:52:48 pm »
Okay I've sorted all this today, staying right next to Rossio Square, not going to get there until 6ish though, I should be alright making to the match though?

Thursday morning - Liverpool to Faro 6.30 am arrive at 9.20 (£215 return), Faro to Lisbon Oriente train 1.20pm, arrive at 5.05m (€37 return). Match at 8pm. Stay in Lisbon overnight next to Rossio Square (Americano Hotel or something) who's gonna be in Rossio after the match? What times do the trains from by the stadium finish? Friday - 1.20pm, train from Lisbon to Faro, arrive at 5.20. Faro to Liverpool 8.45, arrive at 11.35.

Anyone on my flights/trains?

Can't wait!!

Should work out shouldn't it? First time I've organised it all for myself, I need a bevvy now!

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2010, 06:58:06 pm »
If you get a ticket tomorrow on the phones will the TO post it out? Or will they say pick it up at the TO or over in Lisbon?
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2010, 07:02:29 pm »
A few going via Faro from what I hear. We were going to give it a miss because off the silly fares about but now going via Faro has reduced it a lot, even allowing for the return train fare. So we are going wed to Faro, night there then train to Lisbon on thurs, stay the night and back via Faro on the Fri.

Link for anyone who needs to book train from Faro to Lisbon online is,

http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgnextoid=9b17f9e12a584010VgnVCM1000007b01a8c0RCRD

Looks like you're doing the same as us mate. Was impressed with the train website.

Anyone any idea where the oriente station is in comparison to Rossio square, I've just thought, we're gonna get into Oriente at 5pm, we're gonna have our bags with us an need to check in/drop them off at hotel in Rossio sq. Could be very tight time wise and could be a lot of backwards and forwards?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2010, 07:30:08 pm »
Looks like you're doing the same as us mate. Was impressed with the train website.

Anyone any idea where the oriente station is in comparison to Rossio square, I've just thought, we're gonna get into Oriente at 5pm, we're gonna have our bags with us an need to check in/drop them off at hotel in Rossio sq. Could be very tight time wise and could be a lot of backwards and forwards?

You can get to Rossio Square ( Rossio metro station ) from Oriente metro station, you need to change at Alameda station. You could then get metro from there to the ground by getting off at Colegio Militar / Lux station ( you need to change at Baixa-Chiado station ). Check out the metro map added by Slick_beef on page 7 of this topic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:32:41 pm by matchball »

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2010, 07:42:47 pm »
You can get to Rossio Square ( Rossio metro station ) from Oriente metro station, you need to change at Alameda station. You could then get metro from there to the ground by getting off at Colegio Militar / Lux station ( you need to change at Baixa-Chiado station ). Check out the metro map added by Slick_beef on page 7 of this topic.

Nice one, I've been over so many maps today, did see that one before but couldnt remember where, cheers.

Need to find a timetable, getting into Oriente shortly after 5 leaves less than 3 hours to get to Rossio, find hotel, check in an drop bag off, get to the stadium. With 2 train changes it's gonna be a very long, but very interestin day!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2010, 07:58:21 pm »
Nice one, I've been over so many maps today, did see that one before but couldnt remember where, cheers.

Need to find a timetable, getting into Oriente shortly after 5 leaves less than 3 hours to get to Rossio, find hotel, check in an drop bag off, get to the stadium. With 2 train changes it's gonna be a very long, but very interestin day!

If you need a hand finding any particular timetable let me know mate, but the metro trains are very regular, you'll never wait more than 10 minutes, so I think you'll have plenty of time.

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »
Found this which says it's 20 mins to Rossio so should be there for 6.

- From Gare do Oriente Train Station:
20 min. Metro (€1,4). Take the Red line to Alameda, then change onto the Green line to the direction Cais do Sodré, exiting at Rossio.
Inside Rossio metro station, follow the signs towards D. Pedro IV Rossio. After exiting the station you are at Praça do Rossio.

This says there's a train every 5ish minutes or something like that:

http://www.metrolisboa.pt/Default.aspx?tabid=597

EDIT - Cheers S_B - Any idea how long the train journey will take from Rossio to Luz considerin train change too? I'm hoping there'll be loads in the same boat so we can just follow them haha!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:02:29 pm by WireKopite »

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »
Found this which says it's 20 mins to Rossio so should be there for 6.

- From Gare do Oriente Train Station:
20 min. Metro (€1,4). Take the Red line to Alameda, then change onto the Green line to the direction Cais do Sodré, exiting at Rossio.
Inside Rossio metro station, follow the signs towards D. Pedro IV Rossio. After exiting the station you are at Praça do Rossio.

This says there's a train every 5ish minutes or something like that:

http://www.metrolisboa.pt/Default.aspx?tabid=597

EDIT - Cheers S_B - Any idea how long the train journey will take from Rossio to Luz considerin train change too? I'm hoping there'll be loads in the same boat so we can just follow them haha!

Yes mate I wouldn't worry, I'm sure there'll be loads of people doing the same! I've never actually gone that far up the blue line so can't say 100% but I would expect the whole thing to take no more than 30 mins including the change at Chiado, the stations are all ridiculously close together

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2010, 08:19:42 pm »
Yes mate I wouldn't worry, I'm sure there'll be loads of people doing the same! I've never actually gone that far up the blue line so can't say 100% but I would expect the whole thing to take no more than 30 mins including the change at Chiado, the stations are all ridiculously close together

Superb, nice one.

Considerin I'll be going from Oriente to Rossio, Rossio to Luz, with all the changes, will it be easier to get a day pass? Sure I read it was only €4 and could be used on bus aswell.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2010, 09:27:38 pm »
Superb, nice one.

Considerin I'll be going from Oriente to Rossio, Rossio to Luz, with all the changes, will it be easier to get a day pass? Sure I read it was only €4 and could be used on bus aswell.

As far as the changes go, it doesn't matter if you change line without leaving the station, you just pay a fixed amount for each journey (I have a feeling it's about 1.10€ or something similar). For two single journeys it's cheaper just to charge your ticket with two journeys, but having said that, if you get the day pass I'm pretty sure it works for 24 hours from the first time you use it so you'd be able to use it the next day and all*. Might be a better option.

*need to double check that, i think the missus will know

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »
Okay I've sorted all this today, staying right next to Rossio Square, not going to get there until 6ish though, I should be alright making to the match though?

Thursday morning - Liverpool to Faro 6.30 am arrive at 9.20 (£215 return), Faro to Lisbon Oriente train 1.20pm, arrive at 5.05m (€37 return). Match at 8pm. Stay in Lisbon overnight next to Rossio Square (Americano Hotel or something) who's gonna be in Rossio after the match? What times do the trains from by the stadium finish? Friday - 1.20pm, train from Lisbon to Faro, arrive at 5.20. Faro to Liverpool 8.45, arrive at 11.35.

Can't wait!!

Should work out shouldn't it? First time I've organised it all for myself, I need a bevvy now!
quite a few of us on the 1-20 special from lisboa to faro on the good friday arrivin about 17-20 for the flite home to liverpool...

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2010, 02:55:27 am »
Cool, I'll probably go for the all day pass, even if it doesn't what's spendin €4 gonna do!

Nice one RR, hopefully we wont be sulking, gotta feelin I'll be hungover to fuck though!

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #294 on: March 28, 2010, 12:57:12 pm »

Can't wait!!

Why dont you rent a car one way one between you all? Just looked now and Faro to Lisbon airport one way is £67 on ebookers. The road tolls are about 15€ and then a taxi from Lisbon airport to your hotel will be about 12€. Split that between 4 or 5 of you but means one of you doesn't drink till Rossio and its more or less the price of the train. You'll be there in Rossio latest at 2pm. Few hours in the square and no big panic to get to the stadium. Worth considering just rally up a few lads off here.

Off to the match now, come on you Redmen lets twat these today.

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #295 on: March 28, 2010, 01:07:19 pm »
Why dont you rent a car one way one between you all? Just looked now and Faro to Lisbon airport one way is £67 on ebookers. The road tolls are about 15€ and then a taxi from Lisbon airport to your hotel will be about 12€. Split that between 4 or 5 of you but means one of you doesn't drink till Rossio and its more or less the price of the train. You'll be there in Rossio latest at 2pm. Few hours in the square and no big panic to get to the stadium. Worth considering just rally up a few lads off here.

Off to the match now, come on you Redmen lets twat these today.

I'm going with a mate and neither of us have passed yet. Not sure if there'd be enough off here who were doing exactly the same thing timing wise.

Got 2 tickets for the lower tier today, relatively painless on the phones got straight into queue at number 20, better than the usual shite. I got one on a mates fancard and said to them it wasnt him travelling so they took my mate who is traveling's details and didn't have a problem. She said had I read the T&C's about scanning fancards out there and I said yeh should I take my mates with us and scan it and she said you might aswell take it to be on the safe side. Looks like he'll get POT for not going after all, bit stupid really. I'm sure if it came down to it though and tickets were in higher demand they'd see he didn't actually go as I assume she added it to his text on profile.

Cant wait now. Just checked weather and it's highs of around 17/18 degrees c so should be quite nice.

Offline Red Man 4 Eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2010, 01:17:23 pm »
you should try and round a few up of here on the same flight and get someone to drive mate.

SLICK BEEF ... what about the bus up, would that be quicker?

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2010, 01:54:29 pm »
Could do, depends but I doubt anyone would be willing even if there was enough of us, pretty hard to organise. Not sure what the policy of cancelling train tickets will be like. Bus from Faro to Lisbon is similar time and price I think.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2010, 02:14:23 pm »
Bus takes more or less the same time from Faro to Lisbon as the train they've got, for more or less the same price. The advantage is that there are well more of them so you could get up earlier in the day. The bus station in Faro is right by the train station, and in Lisbon, the bus terminal is at the metro station "Jardim zooalogico" on the blue line. You can check times here if you like http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx  (site is portuguese only but I think it's fairly easy to follow, let me know if you need a hand)

Other option is, now that my missus is going as well, we've just decided to drive up. We're leaving Albufeira at 3pm and expect to arrive at 5.30. We'll park the car on the outskirts and then get the metro into Rossio. There's two of you yea? If you want to ride up with us, then if you head over to Albufeira in the morning we'll be happy to take you. We're heading back down to Albufeira straight after the game tho because I have to work in the morning so unless you want to come back early you'll probably have to make your own way back.

If you think you might be interested send me a pm and we can talk more
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:16:24 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2010, 04:48:58 pm »
were did you find that mate?

expedia.co.uk - fligh+hotel
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2010, 07:45:55 pm »
picked up our 2 for the lower tier,before the game today,all ready to go now,great performance today sets us up very nicely for thursday,dont mean to put a damper on anyone driving from faro to lisbon but be very careful portugese roads + drivers are known as one of the worst in europe,be careful!!!!!

Offline WireKopite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2010, 07:54:10 pm »
Bus takes more or less the same time from Faro to Lisbon as the train they've got, for more or less the same price. The advantage is that there are well more of them so you could get up earlier in the day. The bus station in Faro is right by the train station, and in Lisbon, the bus terminal is at the metro station "Jardim zooalogico" on the blue line. You can check times here if you like http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx  (site is portuguese only but I think it's fairly easy to follow, let me know if you need a hand)

Other option is, now that my missus is going as well, we've just decided to drive up. We're leaving Albufeira at 3pm and expect to arrive at 5.30. We'll park the car on the outskirts and then get the metro into Rossio. There's two of you yea? If you want to ride up with us, then if you head over to Albufeira in the morning we'll be happy to take you. We're heading back down to Albufeira straight after the game tho because I have to work in the morning so unless you want to come back early you'll probably have to make your own way back.

If you think you might be interested send me a pm and we can talk more

Cheers mate as discussed in PM I've got a few options now so will let you know.

How reliable are the mainline trains (Faro - Oriente) e.g. any chance of delays or normally good? What's the law about drinking on train over there? don't fancy gettin a fine it's costin enough as it is!

Do you get the metro from the same place as the main station in Oriente?

Cheers.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2010, 09:20:30 pm »
anyone seen any cheapish travel in recent days?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2010, 11:06:22 pm »
Cheers mate as discussed in PM I've got a few options now so will let you know.

How reliable are the mainline trains (Faro - Oriente) e.g. any chance of delays or normally good? What's the law about drinking on train over there? don't fancy gettin a fine it's costin enough as it is!

Do you get the metro from the same place as the main station in Oriente?

Cheers.

Yep, metro from the same place, you just have to go down a few escalators, you can't miss it

Never had any problem with reliability of the trains. don't know about the drinking bit tho to be honest... dont see why not but it's probably wise to ask first!

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2010, 02:16:51 am »
Right who's flying from Leeds to Faro on the Wednesday evening?
Who'll be in Faro on Wednesday night?
And finally, who's getting the train from Faro to Lisbon on the thursday morning that arrives about 10?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2010, 07:17:37 am »
Flying from Stansted but will be in Faro wed night and catching the early train on the thurs that arrives in Lisbon about 10am....

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:51 am »
Yep, metro from the same place, you just have to go down a few escalators, you can't miss it

Never had any problem with reliability of the trains. don't know about the drinking bit tho to be honest... dont see why not but it's probably wise to ask first!
Mate do you know how far it is from the main train station in Faro to the airport and whats the best way to get there?

I'm travelling on the CP train on Friday morning for my flight back.

cheers

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2010, 11:09:00 am »
Mate do you know how far it is from the main train station in Faro to the airport and whats the best way to get there?

I'm travelling on the CP train on Friday morning for my flight back.

cheers

Hi mate,

Train station is either a ten minute taxi ride that should cost just under 10€, or if you arrive at the right time there is also a bus as a cheaper option (1,65€ per person). Here is a bit of information about the bus that I've taken from algarvebus.info

FARO AIRPORT TO THE CITY CENTRE

This is Faro Urbanas Bus 14 towards Atalaia or Bus 16 towards Avenida or Jardim. The bus stop is right outside the Airport Terminal Building, just to the left of Arrivals.

Journey time is 18 minutes.

Departures DAILY except as noted at  0709, 0722, 0742**, 0832, 0907, 0937**, 1007**,1047, 1207, 1247**, 1337, 1432, 1507, 1607**, 1712, 1747, 1857, 1922#, 2007, 2117**.

** does not run on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. # is bus 14 on weekdays, bus 16 on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.

Again, if you are unlucky with the bus times there is a taxi rank to the right when you are outside the terminal. A taxi to the train or bus station will cost about €10.

Buses stop near the railway station about 1 minute before the time at the Bus Station. Ask the driver to tell you when you reach that stop, as it is not all that obvious. The first time you might see a train you are in fact some distance from the station entrance.

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/003.htm
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:11:07 am by Slick_Beef »

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:15 am »
My british airways flight has being cancelled ffs!!! manchester to london at 7.15 connecting flight all the rest are still running at the minuite!! this is unbelivalbe
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:58 am »
Hi mate,

Train station is either a ten minute taxi ride that should cost just under 10€, or if you arrive at the right time there is also a bus as a cheaper option (1,65€ per person). Here is a bit of information about the bus that I've taken from algarvebus.info

FARO AIRPORT TO THE CITY CENTRE

This is Faro Urbanas Bus 14 towards Atalaia or Bus 16 towards Avenida or Jardim. The bus stop is right outside the Airport Terminal Building, just to the left of Arrivals.

Journey time is 18 minutes.

Departures DAILY except as noted at  0709, 0722, 0742**, 0832, 0907, 0937**, 1007**,1047, 1207, 1247**, 1337, 1432, 1507, 1607**, 1712, 1747, 1857, 1922#, 2007, 2117**.

** does not run on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. # is bus 14 on weekdays, bus 16 on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.

Again, if you are unlucky with the bus times there is a taxi rank to the right when you are outside the terminal. A taxi to the train or bus station will cost about €10.

Buses stop near the railway station about 1 minute before the time at the Bus Station. Ask the driver to tell you when you reach that stop, as it is not all that obvious. The first time you might see a train you are in fact some distance from the station entrance.

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/003.htm

Cheers mate thats very helpful :)

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2010, 12:11:18 pm »
I cant find any relatively cheap way of doing this at all.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »
Mark and I have two tickets in the lower tier for this, and would rather sit in the upper tier.  Anybody who's in the same situation but in reverse and would swap two upper tier tickets for two lower tier ones, send us a PM on here.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2010, 04:23:07 pm »
does anyone know if those lisbon - faro trains are direct or are there changes involved?
Service     From     To     Journey Time     Price     
   AP N#180    Lisboa Entrecampos   08:51    Faro   11:55    03:04    € 21,00    
   IC N#570    Lisboa Entrecampos   10:30    Faro   14:11    03:40    € 18,50    
   IC N#572    Lisboa Entrecampos   13:30    Faro   17:21    03:50    € 18,50    
   IC N#574    Lisboa Entrecampos   17:30    Faro   21:10    03:40    € 18,50    
   AP N#186    Lisboa Entrecampos   18:51    Faro   21:55    03:04    € 21,00

they are all different durations so that would suggest there are changes.
can't get the info off that cp.pt website....   

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2010, 05:11:54 pm »
does anyone know if those lisbon - faro trains are direct or are there changes involved?
Service     From     To     Journey Time     Price     
   AP N#180    Lisboa Entrecampos   08:51    Faro   11:55    03:04    € 21,00    
   IC N#570    Lisboa Entrecampos   10:30    Faro   14:11    03:40    € 18,50    
   IC N#572    Lisboa Entrecampos   13:30    Faro   17:21    03:50    € 18,50    
   IC N#574    Lisboa Entrecampos   17:30    Faro   21:10    03:40    € 18,50    
   AP N#186    Lisboa Entrecampos   18:51    Faro   21:55    03:04    € 21,00

they are all different durations so that would suggest there are changes.
can't get the info off that cp.pt website....   

Hi mate,

No changes involved. The difference in time is because the ones with "AP" in the code on the left hand side is because they are the "Alfa Pendular" trains - they are much faster, newer, more confortable, and have very few stops on the way.  The ones with "IC" in the code are the Intercidade ones, which are the slower diesel trains and stop in various little towns on the way which adds about an extra 45 mins onto the journey.   If you can get the Alfa train, It's much better. having said that, the others will all get you there without problems.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2010, 05:14:34 pm »
Hi mate,

No changes involved. The difference in time is because the ones with "AP" in the code on the left hand side is because they are the "Alfa Pendular" trains - they are much faster, newer, more confortable, and have very few stops on the way.  The ones with "IC" in the code are the Intercidade ones, which are the slower diesel trains and stop in various little towns on the way which adds about an extra 45 mins onto the journey.   If you can get the Alfa train, It's much better.

Alright mate.  Sorry to bust your balls but are the train prices shown above the on the day prices, as opposed to advance prices?

Not booked any train yet and I'd prefer to pay at the station if possible so I'm not so restricted on which train I get.
Long live the King

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2010, 05:16:11 pm »
Hi mate,

No changes involved. The difference in time is because the ones with "AP" in the code on the left hand side is because they are the "Alfa Pendular" trains - they are much faster, newer, more confortable, and have very few stops on the way.  The ones with "IC" in the code are the Intercidade ones, which are the slower diesel trains and stop in various little towns on the way which adds about an extra 45 mins onto the journey.   If you can get the Alfa train, It's much better. having said that, the others will all get you there without problems.
that's brilliant slick beef,thanks a lot mate...

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2010, 05:23:01 pm »
Alright mate.  Sorry to bust your balls but are the train prices shown above the on the day prices, as opposed to advance prices?

Not booked any train yet and I'd prefer to pay at the station if possible so I'm not so restricted on which train I get.

No problem mate, glad to be able to help. The prices you'd pay on the day are the same as the ones on the website that you're seeing now, they don't change. The only thing I would say is that they do sometimes get fully booked, as once all the seats are taken they don't let anyone else buy a ticket.  However, I doubt this'd happen on a thursday, and if the worst came to the worst, the bus station is a 2 minute walk from the train station and they are very regular and take the same amount of time

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #317 on: March 29, 2010, 06:52:56 pm »
My british airways flight has being cancelled ffs!!! manchester to london at 7.15 connecting flight all the rest are still running at the minuite!! this is unbelivalbe

why they cancel?

EDIT i've never flew with BA before and didn't realise i could manage my booking through their website when i booked with a 3rd party http://www.britishairways.com/travel/mmbhome/public/en_gb?link=TOP_MMB
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:12:45 pm by GeeFJay »
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: March 29, 2010, 06:58:24 pm »
Me again. We're going from Praia da Rocha to Lisbon on the Thursday morning (by bus I think). Any idea where the bus will stop in Lisbon, or does it depend on the bus? Would train be better do you think? Also, any idea where the bus leaves from in Praia da Rocha? Cheers :)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #319 on: March 29, 2010, 07:09:51 pm »
Right who's flying from Leeds to Faro on the Wednesday evening?
Who'll be in Faro on Wednesday night?
And finally, who's getting the train from Faro to Lisbon on the thursday morning that arrives about 10?

Me to all 3 Conor - I've sent a PM to you (sorry for the delay !)