Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1689330 times)

Offline Daniel O'Cabbaggiohohohmygod...

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30520 on: November 14, 2022, 01:47:42 pm »
Fucking hell, sad news that
YNWA

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30521 on: November 16, 2022, 12:39:44 pm »
Really sad news about Rumble Johnson, only 38 way too young.

On a more upbeat note, Fight Disciples are almost 100% sure next UFC in the UK will be March/April and will take place at Cardiff stadium. Obviously Leon will headline, but hopefully there'll be another title match on the card and good representation from the British fighters.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30522 on: November 25, 2022, 01:00:21 am »
He has every right to think that he could have still fought, so I don't really blame him. But personally felt that was a great stoppage.
That was a great card.

Yeah in hindsight he did, I let my dislike of him get the better of me there. I've been a fan of Alex before he got in the ufc so was made up to see him finish Izzy again! I don't think his ground game is as bad as people make out but Rob and Khamzat would probably win against him, he is fucking huge for the weight though so I could see a world where he knocks them out. If it wasn't for Glover I could see him moving up after beating Izzy for a 4th time.

Horrible to hear about Rumble, I started to get into mma just before he got into the ufc so he's always been around for me. Seeing him put on his insta how scared he was really shook me.

Offline Do me, Santa! (I've been a good boy, honestly!)

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30523 on: November 25, 2022, 04:20:48 pm »
Artem Lobov suing Conor McGregor is hilarious. He was at the forefront of the whole Conor v Khabib rivalry and it's because of him it all started, and now they've fallen out over money off all things ;D

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30524 on: December 4, 2022, 08:24:35 am »
What a card that was!  :wave

A calf Slicer!

Gane couldn't rock Tai with uppercuts and Sergei did it with his jabs, fucking hell.

Wonderboy giving that performance at 39! Wow! Huge respect for Holland too, he's got an insane chin. That first round was deffo one of the rounds of the year. Holland took some heavy shots and got a hell of a beating in that 4th round. Was a 10-7 in my eye, but definitely at least a 10-8. Fight of the year contender for sure.

The UFC just keeps on getting better and better.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30525 on: December 4, 2022, 11:20:44 am »
Thompson was tremendous in that main event...the speed and power of those high kicks would've put many to sleep ..and the liver shots would've ended most opponents ....Holland must be half titanium...great fight
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30526 on: December 4, 2022, 11:37:26 am »
Thompson was tremendous in that main event...the speed and power of those high kicks would've put many to sleep ..and the liver shots would've ended most opponents ....Holland must be half titanium...great fight
Deffo. I have no idea how he took the amount of shots he did. Mans next level in endurance.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.