Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1885691 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30480 on: November 13, 2022, 04:30:00 am »
Chandler is a mad man

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30481 on: November 13, 2022, 04:32:41 am »
What a fight!! DP has heart!

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30482 on: November 13, 2022, 05:04:07 am »
Weili is an animal. Such a fun fighter!

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30483 on: November 13, 2022, 05:13:54 am »
Alex pls

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30484 on: November 13, 2022, 05:14:17 am »
Wtf they’ve just announced an interim title fight at featherweight the same night Volk fights Islam for the lightweight strap?  ???

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30485 on: November 13, 2022, 05:17:12 am »
Wtf they’ve just announced an interim title fight at featherweight the same night Volk fights Islam for the lightweight strap?  ???

Huh really? I didn't see that. Who was it between? It's a joke because Volk deserves the chance to test himself.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30486 on: November 13, 2022, 05:21:11 am »
Huh really? I didn't see that. Who was it between? It's a joke because Volk deserves the chance to test himself.

Rodriguez vs Emmett

I understand having a number one contender fight but to name an interim champion on the night Volk goes for double champ status feels ridiculous and a little disrespectful. Yes he’s a massive underdog and I doubt anyone will be picking him to beat Islam but still feels like if he does pull the upset off they’ve taken a bit of shine off his moment.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30487 on: November 13, 2022, 05:21:18 am »
I've waited 2 years for this fight, this is gonna be special!

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30488 on: November 13, 2022, 05:24:19 am »
Rodriguez vs Emmett

I understand having a number one contender fight but to name an interim champion on the night Volk goes for double champ status feels ridiculous and a little disrespectful. Yes he’s a massive underdog and I doubt anyone will be picking him to beat Islam but still feels like if he does pull the upset off they’ve taken a bit of shine off his moment.

You're 100% right it is disrespectful. Volk has cleared the division, he deserves the chance to test himself. If it was someone like Conor this wouldn't be happening but it probably profits the UFC in some way so they will have it.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30489 on: November 13, 2022, 05:29:08 am »
Izzy I beg don't take him down.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30490 on: November 13, 2022, 05:36:03 am »
Alex saved by the bell there

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30491 on: November 13, 2022, 05:42:17 am »
2-0 Alex for me. Never seen Izzy wanna wrestle so much.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30492 on: November 13, 2022, 05:48:03 am »
2-1 Izzy and Alex looks tired

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30493 on: November 13, 2022, 05:49:05 am »
2-1 Alex for me. I don't know how Izzy wins the first round off of 5 seconds at the end.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30494 on: November 13, 2022, 05:53:46 am »
3-1 Izzy, Pereira needs a knockout here

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30495 on: November 13, 2022, 05:55:20 am »
2-2 for me but Izzy prob ahead

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30496 on: November 13, 2022, 05:57:46 am »
Wow!! Comeback win in the 5th

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30497 on: November 13, 2022, 05:58:28 am »
yeeeeeeeeeesssss

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30498 on: November 13, 2022, 05:59:25 am »
Izzy was done!!

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30499 on: November 13, 2022, 06:00:18 am »
So clever from Alex to not just jump on it and pick his shots. No class from Izzy at the end of course.
3-0 no doubt who is the better fighter!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 06:05:40 am by leinad »

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30500 on: November 13, 2022, 06:07:45 am »
What did Izzy do at the end?

Pereira is a scary dude, third win against Adesanya now. But I think Whittaker is a much harder matchup for him.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30501 on: November 13, 2022, 06:12:00 am »
What did Izzy do at the end?

Pereira is a scary dude, third win against Adesanya now. But I think Whittaker is a much harder matchup for him.

I think Rob beats him, he isn’t stupid enough to stand with him.

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30502 on: November 13, 2022, 10:55:12 am »
So clever from Alex to not just jump on it and pick his shots. No class from Izzy at the end of course.
3-0 no doubt who is the better fighter!
He has every right to think that he could have still fought, so I don't really blame him. But personally felt that was a great stoppage.
That was a great card.

Erin is going to be a future champ for sure. What a dominant performance.
Poirier Chandler's round 1 was definitely among the rounds of the year IMO.
Weili proving again that she's streets ahead.
Had Izzy winning before the fight, I underestimated Alex. Monstrous.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Online Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30503 on: November 13, 2022, 10:56:35 am »
I think Rob beats him, he isn’t stupid enough to stand with him.
Feel like a lot of the fighters beat him. Don't get the feeling he is any good at grappling or wrestling.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30504 on: November 13, 2022, 11:58:15 am »
Feel like a lot of the fighters beat him. Don't get the feeling he is any good at grappling or wrestling.
Khamzat would rag doll him, feel middleweight is his natural fighting weight too.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30505 on: November 13, 2022, 12:06:02 pm »
Very enjoyable card, some great knockouts. Well done Pereira, was a close fight but brilliant way to end it. Would love to see him against Khamzat
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30506 on: November 13, 2022, 12:21:15 pm »
Yeah his grappling is sub par, he even got his shit rocked end of round 1. Adesanya fought with fear. I think Khamzat and Whittaker both deal with him.

Chandler is box office, never been in a bad fight. Just wish he fought smarter.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30507 on: November 13, 2022, 08:43:01 pm »
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has died :o

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30508 on: November 13, 2022, 11:16:25 pm »
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has died :o

Johnson’s cause of death was organ failure due to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #30509 on: November 14, 2022, 12:34:54 am »
Izzy played with fire and got caught.

He fought on the back foot far too much & with his back against the cage too.

All it was going to take was one clean shot from Perreira in those circumstances.

If Izzy had good ground game - this would have been an easy win for him, just as it was for Blachowicz against Izzy.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #30510 on: November 14, 2022, 01:47:42 pm »
Fucking hell, sad news that
YNWA

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30511 on: November 16, 2022, 12:39:44 pm »
Really sad news about Rumble Johnson, only 38 way too young.

On a more upbeat note, Fight Disciples are almost 100% sure next UFC in the UK will be March/April and will take place at Cardiff stadium. Obviously Leon will headline, but hopefully there'll be another title match on the card and good representation from the British fighters.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30512 on: November 25, 2022, 01:00:21 am »
He has every right to think that he could have still fought, so I don't really blame him. But personally felt that was a great stoppage.
That was a great card.

Yeah in hindsight he did, I let my dislike of him get the better of me there. I've been a fan of Alex before he got in the ufc so was made up to see him finish Izzy again! I don't think his ground game is as bad as people make out but Rob and Khamzat would probably win against him, he is fucking huge for the weight though so I could see a world where he knocks them out. If it wasn't for Glover I could see him moving up after beating Izzy for a 4th time.

Horrible to hear about Rumble, I started to get into mma just before he got into the ufc so he's always been around for me. Seeing him put on his insta how scared he was really shook me.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30513 on: November 25, 2022, 04:20:48 pm »
Artem Lobov suing Conor McGregor is hilarious. He was at the forefront of the whole Conor v Khabib rivalry and it's because of him it all started, and now they've fallen out over money off all things ;D

Online Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30514 on: December 4, 2022, 08:24:35 am »
What a card that was!  :wave

A calf Slicer!

Gane couldn't rock Tai with uppercuts and Sergei did it with his jabs, fucking hell.

Wonderboy giving that performance at 39! Wow! Huge respect for Holland too, he's got an insane chin. That first round was deffo one of the rounds of the year. Holland took some heavy shots and got a hell of a beating in that 4th round. Was a 10-7 in my eye, but definitely at least a 10-8. Fight of the year contender for sure.

The UFC just keeps on getting better and better.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30515 on: December 4, 2022, 11:20:44 am »
Thompson was tremendous in that main event...the speed and power of those high kicks would've put many to sleep ..and the liver shots would've ended most opponents ....Holland must be half titanium...great fight
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30516 on: December 4, 2022, 11:37:26 am »
Thompson was tremendous in that main event...the speed and power of those high kicks would've put many to sleep ..and the liver shots would've ended most opponents ....Holland must be half titanium...great fight
Deffo. I have no idea how he took the amount of shots he did. Mans next level in endurance.

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30517 on: December 9, 2022, 05:35:35 am »
Paddy is becoming unbearable

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30518 on: December 9, 2022, 09:32:13 am »

Ah i dunno mate. He wants to pummel Bernado Silva so he'll do for me :)

From an article in the Echo:

Talking about who he wanted to single out for a fight, die-hard Liverpool fan Pinblett said: “Last season, when he first got signed, it was Bruno Fernandes, ’cause of how overrated he was.

“But now, it’s Bernardo Silva, lad. I don’t know anyone who likes Bernardo Silva, lad." He added. “He’s an unbelievable footballer. He’s a proper baller. But he’s a horrible wrong’un. He’s a piece of s**t.

“That time when they gave us [Liverpool] a guard of honour, and he just stood there. Come on lad.”

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30519 on: December 9, 2022, 09:34:24 am »

What has he done now?

Nevermind I've caught up now, Helwani destroyed White and Paddy to be honest.

White is a 53 year old piece of shit.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2022, 12:34:02 pm by AndyMuller »