Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759960 times)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #13000 on: May 27, 2022, 11:13:35 am »
It'd be a hell of a plot twist if he doesn't and his big build up is to say he's leaving. Proper heel turn.

"I will give you the best answer you want to hear, for sure. It’s special. I will give you all you want to hear then...

...I'm joining Man City!"

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13001 on: May 27, 2022, 11:13:51 am »
They’re gnomic to say the least. I can’t read anything into them beyond the literal statement that he will reveal his intentions after the final.

The fact that different newspapers are reporting that it’s both proof he’s staying and proof he’s leaving tells me none of them have a clue either.

Disagree - usage of words like 'special' and 'the best answer you want to hear' alongside doing his best for the team lean it far more towards him signing a new deal

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13002 on: May 27, 2022, 11:26:33 am »
I think he will just announce what Salah did, which is that he will be staying next season.

This is not necessarily great news as both of them may well run down their contracts and leave on a free next season which will of course help enable the purchasing club to offer them astronomical wages. It could also disrupt squad harmony and performances next season if both of them know they will be off at the end of the season.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13003 on: May 27, 2022, 12:01:12 pm »
It'd be a hell of a plot twist if he doesn't and his big build up is to say he's leaving. Proper heel turn.

Didn’t Guardiola pull something like this when he was at Bayern?

Kept saying for months that he’d announce his future when the season was over and then eventually fucked off to City. ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13004 on: May 27, 2022, 12:16:39 pm »
I think he will just announce what Salah did, which is that he will be staying next season.

This is not necessarily great news as both of them may well run down their contracts and leave on a free next season which will of course help enable the purchasing club to offer them astronomical wages. It could also disrupt squad harmony and performances next season if both of them know they will be off at the end of the season.

We can't afford to lose both/all three for nothing in the same summer.

We've done well getting Diaz in but it seems odd we've allowed three forwards to reach their last year of their contracts. If they all choose to leave on a bosman there's nothing we can do.

We need Mane and/or Mo signed up this summer
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13005 on: May 27, 2022, 12:22:11 pm »
Worrying times
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13006 on: May 27, 2022, 12:28:35 pm »
Worrying times

I think they'll all leave. Probably at half time.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline KloppoKopo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13007 on: May 27, 2022, 12:28:44 pm »
Didn’t Guardiola pull something like this when he was at Bayern?

Kept saying for months that he’d announce his future when the season was over and then eventually fucked off to City. ;D

Mane still has a year left on his contract, so unless the club has agreed to sell him he can’t just announce he is leaving. Well he could say he is going next year but that would not make sense, no one as far as I know announces a year ahead they are leaving on a free in 12 months. I think the club would rather keep him another year and risk losing him for nothing next year than sell him.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13008 on: May 27, 2022, 12:31:55 pm »
We can't afford to lose both/all three for nothing in the same summer.

We've done well getting Diaz in but it seems odd we've allowed three forwards to reach their last year of their contracts. If they all choose to leave on a bosman there's nothing we can do.

We need Mane and/or Mo signed up this summer

There’s a lot of shit thrown at the club, the vast majority of it unfairly (especially in reference to transfer dealings).

One thing which even the most hardened of FSG out Twitter virgin would struggle to make a case for is that they’re not been absolutely excellent at handling player values and maximising return vs squad benefit. They’ve dealt with it absolutely perfectly in the past with selling players at the perfect time (Coutinho being the most high profile example) or letting them run their contracts down because their benefit to the team for a season is worth more than the resale value (Can, Wijnaldum).

I highly doubt that us as fans had picked up on the fact that these 3 are approaching the end of their contract we could lose them on a free and the club have not, if they stay without signing a contract it will be because the club are content with the position and have had plenty of time to deal with it.

For what it’s worth I think there’s next to zero chance that both Mane and Salah stay without signing a contract and I think it’s unlikely that either does. The fact that Mo has said he’s here next season and Mare has heavily eluded to the same tells me that the deals are likely en route simply because, although it is the players decision whether they leave this summer or not, I very much doubt the club would completely rule out the prospect of selling either this summer if an extension looks unlikely and for that reason I doubt either player would be announcing anything at this stage. Conversely, if I’m wrong on that and they do end up leaving with no contract in place, it’s clearly with the club’s blessing (as, again, if it wasn’t they wouldn’t be announcing), and I’m relaxed with that position as well.

People need to chill out a bit, all the noises are positive.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #13009 on: May 27, 2022, 12:35:56 pm »
That would be a thread for the ages.

In Mane’s case surely everyone can just relax, he’s got to have signed a new contract given what he said. He’s not the type of person to say that and it be a smokescreen for something else
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13010 on: May 27, 2022, 12:37:24 pm »
There’s a lot of shit thrown at the club, the vast majority of it unfairly (especially in reference to transfer dealings).

One thing which even the most hardened of FSG out Twitter virgin would struggle to make a case for us that they’re not absolutely excellent at handling player values and maximising return vs squad benefit. They’ve handled it absolutely perfectly in the past with selling players at the perfect time (Coutinho being the most high profile example) or letting them run their contracts down because their benefit to the team for a season is worth more than the resale value (Can, Wijnaldum).

I highly doubt that us as fans had picked up on the fact that these 3 are approaching the end of their contract we could lose them on a free and the club have not, if they stay without signing a contract it will be because the club are content with the position and have had plenty of time to deal with it.

For what it’s worth I think there’s next to zero chance that both Mane and Salah stay without signing a contract and I think it’s unlikely that either does. The fact that Mo has said he’s here next season and Mare has heavily eluded to the same tells me that the deals are likely en route simply because, although it is the players decision whether they leave this summer or not, I very much doubt the club would completely rule out the prospect of selling either this summer if an extension looks unlikely and for that reason I doubt either player would be announcing anything at this stage. Conversely, if I’m wrong on that and they do end up leaving with no contract in place, it’s clearly with the club’s blessing (as, again, if it wasn’t they wouldn’t be announcing), and I’m relaxed with that position as well.

People need to chill out a bit, all the noises are positive.

I agree. Just saying we can't really let all 3 leave for nothing but it's the players who held the cards once they're into the last 12 months.

Chances are only one will still be here come 23/24 which is fine. What would make sense is to sign ome up, maybe sell one and then the other stays for the last year. Or we sign 2 up and the other leaves for nothing.

I don't think signing all 3 up is wise and neither is letting all 3 leave for nothing in the same summer. The club will have plans in place but we just run the risk. It will be clearer with Mane after tomorrow but he could be the one sold and then Salah signs a deal. If Mane signs then the pressure is off with Mo.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13011 on: May 27, 2022, 12:39:08 pm »
I agree. Just saying we can't really let all 3 leave for nothing but it's the players who held the cards once they're into the last 12 months.

Chances are only one will still be here come 23/24 which is fine. What would make sense is to sign ome up, maybe sell one and then the other stays for the last year. Or we sign 2 up and the other leaves for nothing.

I don't think signing all 3 up is wise and neither is letting all 3 leave for nothing in the same summer. The club will have plans in place but we just run the risk. It will be clearer with Mane after tomorrow but he could be the one sold and then Salah signs a deal. If Mane signs then the pressure is off with Mo.

If I had to guess I’d say we get Mane and Salah on new deals and either let Bobby run his contract down or try to get him to agree to annual renewals or something, I think that’s probably the ideal scenario.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13012 on: May 27, 2022, 12:43:56 pm »

We won't.....but you know you can't just force a player to join someone else, right? Its not like a cattle market. If Mane decided he wanted to run his contract down and leave, we'd have fuck all option but to accept it. Similarly Mo and Bobby. We've seen Messi do it, and we've seen Mbappe do it. So I'm really not quite sure why you think we'd be immune to it if a player decided its what he wanted to do?

It should stagger me that people still think the clubs have the power with players right now. 'We cant just let three leave on a free' makes no sense. We can't just go 'right Sadio, 18 months left on your contract. Don't sign? You're off to Bayern. Mo? Don't sign, I'll get PSG to offer £150 million for you and then you'll have to go there'.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13013 on: May 27, 2022, 12:47:31 pm »
I think Mane will end up signing a new deal, despite there being a cigarette paper between him and Salah in my opinion, his profile isn't as high and you don't hear the normal agent shite regarding him, it's probably easier to sort out.  Probably be announced next week sometime.  I think Bobby and Salah will probably see out their contracts, gives us a year to sort replacements and I have no doubt we'll probably improve again.

Ten years ago I would of been worried about this situation, given the way the club is ran these days and the fact we have the best manager in the world I'm perfectly chill.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #13014 on: May 27, 2022, 12:47:47 pm »
The timing of the comments is just a bit odd isn't it? All year the talk has been of Salah, and Mane has, to his credit, kept quiet and let his football do the talking. So to make such comments this close to a Champions League final just seems so out of character. If he's staying/signed, why not announce it and give everybody a lift? If he's decided he wants to go, just continue to keep your mouth shut until Monday.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13015 on: May 27, 2022, 12:48:53 pm »
Whilst we obviously can’t force a player to leave if they’re out of contract, I’m reasonably confident that we’d at least explore the options of trying to sell or both of Sadio or Mo this summer if they were making noises that they weren’t going to be signing a new contract.

Both strike me as the respectful types and I suspect they’d at least be open to exploring the idea of the club getting some money for them rather than letting them leave on a free (openly at least, even if privately they had every intention of running their contract down).

The fact that one has publicly stated he’s staying next season and the other has heavily eluded to it (and will probably say it on Saturday if we win or Sunday/Monday if we lose) suggests to me that the deals are at an advanced stage in both cases as I just think they’d have more respect for the club than to basically publicly announce they were staying whilst the club were still trying to at least assess their options.

Could be totally wrong on that, it also could be that the club are happy with the position either way hence why they’ve said it, but just my reading of the situation.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13016 on: May 27, 2022, 12:58:05 pm »
Whilst we obviously can’t force a player to leave if they’re out of contract, I’m reasonably confident that we’d at least explore the options of trying to sell or both of Sadio or Mo this summer if they were making noises that they weren’t going to be signing a new contract.

Both strike me as the respectful types and I suspect they’d at least be open to exploring the idea of the club getting some money for them rather than letting them leave on a free (openly at least, even if privately they had every intention of running their contract down).

The fact that one has publicly stated he’s staying next season and the other has heavily eluded to it (and will probably say it on Saturday if we win or Sunday/Monday if we lose) suggests to me that the deals are at an advanced stage in both cases as I just think they’d have more respect for the club than to basically publicly announce they were staying whilst the club were still trying to at least assess their options.

Could be totally wrong on that, it also could be that the club are happy with the position either way hence why they’ve said it, but just my reading of the situation.

I'm really not sure we would. If the manager would rather keep them, I think we keep them. People constantly churn out that we need their fees to pay for replacements, but I'm not sure thats really true. We replaced Gini with Thiago essentially, we didn't need a transfer fee there. We signed Diogo and Diaz, we didn't need incoming transfer fees for that. We signed Ibou to essentially replace Lovren, we didn't need a transfer fee for that. There's every chance that we actually feel we can replace them with our normal transfer activity rather than needing to sell them to scrape back any sort of fee we might get.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13017 on: May 27, 2022, 12:58:40 pm »
We won't.....but you know you can't just force a player to join someone else, right? Its not like a cattle market. If Mane decided he wanted to run his contract down and leave, we'd have fuck all option but to accept it. Similarly Mo and Bobby. We've seen Messi do it, and we've seen Mbappe do it. So I'm really not quite sure why you think we'd be immune to it if a player decided its what he wanted to do?

It should stagger me that people still think the clubs have the power with players right now. 'We cant just let three leave on a free' makes no sense. We can't just go 'right Sadio, 18 months left on your contract. Don't sign? You're off to Bayern. Mo? Don't sign, I'll get PSG to offer £150 million for you and then you'll have to go there'.

You picked that comment but that was exactly what I said as well. If they all decide to leave for nothing then there's nothing we can do. We run the risk.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13018 on: May 27, 2022, 12:59:36 pm »
You picked that comment but that was exactly what I said before it. If they all decide to leave for nothing then there's nothing we can do. We run the risk.

:D

No we don't run the risk. We can't force players to leave.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13019 on: May 27, 2022, 01:14:44 pm »
People constantly churn out that we need their fees to pay for replacements, but I'm not sure thats really true... There's every chance that we actually feel we can replace them with our normal transfer activity rather than needing to sell them to scrape back any sort of fee we might get.

Absolutely this. Most transfer chat is over-simplistic guff based on headline transfer fees and "net spend". It's nearly all complete bollocks.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13020 on: May 27, 2022, 01:16:14 pm »
I'm really not sure we would. If the manager would rather keep them, I think we keep them. People constantly churn out that we need their fees to pay for replacements, but I'm not sure thats really true. We replaced Gini with Thiago essentially, we didn't need a transfer fee there. We signed Diogo and Diaz, we didn't need incoming transfer fees for that. We signed Ibou to essentially replace Lovren, we didn't need a transfer fee for that. There's every chance that we actually feel we can replace them with our normal transfer activity rather than needing to sell them to scrape back any sort of fee we might get.

I don’t disagree with any of that, I just don’t think we’d completely rule out selling them (which is effectively what Mo at least has done).

If both were to leave I personally would rather they both stay next season and leave on a free as it means we get an extra season out of them, I’m just not sure the club would automatically adopt that approach knowing that we’re entering into a summer where Madrid, for example, have just lost out on Mbappe:

As I say, I could be wrong, just think it’s a bit early for definitive statements saying ‘I’ll definitely be here’ unless something had been agreed contractually.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13021 on: May 27, 2022, 01:35:11 pm »

Offline Pete1977LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #13022 on: May 27, 2022, 01:35:31 pm »
Disagree - usage of words like 'special' and 'the best answer you want to hear' alongside doing his best for the team lean it far more towards him signing a new deal

100% correct.

You'd need to be a prize c0ck to say those things when it is your intention to leave. Sadio has never given the impression of being a c0ck.

My take is that he's excited to announce a new deal but has been told to keep it quiet until after the final.   

I can't understand where the negativity is coming from (apart from clickbait rags trying to cash in as usual).

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13023 on: May 27, 2022, 01:53:09 pm »
If he does leave, we've just got to flashback to 6 months ago when a lot of our fanbase thought he was finished and wanted him gone!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13024 on: May 27, 2022, 01:55:59 pm »
More Bayern reports - weird timing either way
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13025 on: May 27, 2022, 01:59:29 pm »

And for £25m. No way we'd accept that.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13026 on: May 27, 2022, 01:59:49 pm »

Have they all been watching Escape to Victory?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13027 on: May 27, 2022, 02:01:19 pm »

they are still uspet Thiago left them for us  :P

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #13028 on: May 27, 2022, 02:04:17 pm »

Yep, for that money I would expect to just keep him and let him run the contract down, unless we've someone else lined up and that money is going towards the purchase.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13029 on: May 27, 2022, 02:05:26 pm »

We got Thiago for the same.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13030 on: May 27, 2022, 02:07:24 pm »
More to the point how are L’Equipe (which is where the 30m Bayern story originates) getting the scoop on a Senegalese, Premier League player moving to a German club?

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #13031 on: May 27, 2022, 02:10:34 pm »
It's a bit though, isn't it? Goal scoring forwards go for far more than midfielders and Thiago's injury history was a huge concern.

Anyways, I expect him to score tomorrow. He thrives in these types of moments. Definition of a big game player.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #13032 on: May 27, 2022, 02:16:27 pm »
More to the point how are L’Equipe (which is where the 30m Bayern story originates) getting the scoop on a Senegalese, Premier League player moving to a German club?

Globalization, pah.
Give me the good ole days, when fake news was locally sourced, by local reporters with names like "Scoop McLean"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13033 on: May 27, 2022, 02:25:59 pm »
Globalization, pah.
Give me the good ole days, when fake news was locally sourced, by local reporters with names like "Scoop McLean"

;D

Nevertheless stuff like this tends to get leaked by journalists close to one side of the deal.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13034 on: May 27, 2022, 02:27:59 pm »

He's never won a side games on his own.  £25m, nonsense.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #13035 on: May 27, 2022, 02:30:12 pm »
It's a bit though, isn't it? Goal scoring forwards go for far more than midfielders and Thiago's injury history was a huge concern.

Anyways, I expect him to score tomorrow. He thrives in these types of moments. Definition of a big game player.

It’s strange when you look at interviews where Salah and Diaz gets all the praises from pundits and our fans but Mane is the decorated player this year.

His demeanour is so understated and people take it as underachieving when compared to some vainpot that SIUUU a tap-in.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #13036 on: May 27, 2022, 02:30:15 pm »
"I will give you the best answer you want to hear, for sure. It’s special. I will give you all you want to hear then...

...I'm joining Man City!"

…… It’s Rebekah Vardys account
Kenny Godglish

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13037 on: May 27, 2022, 02:55:21 pm »

Mane doesn't get injured and scores goals. Worth way more.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #13038 on: May 27, 2022, 03:07:03 pm »
True,and a lot of players claim they're leaving 'for a new challenge'

Everton would certainly meet that criteria.

As a bargain basement replacement for Ricarlison who is joining Barcelona.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #13039 on: May 27, 2022, 03:12:03 pm »
It’s strange when you look at interviews where Salah and Diaz gets all the praises from pundits and our fans but Mane is the decorated player this year.

His demeanour is so understated and people take it as underachieving when compared to some vainpot that SIUUU a tap-in.
I was pretty critical of him at the beginning of the season, but he’s really reinvented himself in the second half of the season centrally. The more he’s played there, the better he’s looked.

So many of our players had a chip on their shoulder and clearly wanted to win the league in 2019/2020, but Mane always seemed to want it more than anyone.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.