Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 31117 times)

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #400 on: March 4, 2024, 11:27:48 am »
I'd actually watch F1 more if Max went to Merc and drove their shit box and RB has two drivers who are the next step down from Max. That would certainly settle the debate between Newney's brilliance and Max's insane talent.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #401 on: March 4, 2024, 11:39:36 am »
What are the Verstappen's motives here? As much as a bellend as Horner is, he's led Red Bull through two periods of absolute dominance, and if it hadn't have been for Honda's very poor early showings as an engine supplier then Mercedes wouldn't have had as much of that middle success that they did. What do they gain from forcing Red Bull's hand? I mean, it can't a supportive stance for the employee can it? Jos has been known to give his partners a battering or two so it's not that. Does Horner limit their control in the team and they want more power? Might backfire if Horner goes and Newey follows him.

Spoilt shit Verstappen's first world title was 100% down to Horner.

It was Horner who bullied that twat Michael Masi into breaking the rules to pretty much guarantee Verstappen the win, cheating Hamilton out of No8.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #402 on: March 4, 2024, 11:51:34 am »
I don’t think the Bahrain race was helped by both Mercedes drivers and Leclerc having technical issues.

Mercedes had over-heating and battery problems caused by closing the engine cooling louvres before the race (great idea). They reckon this was costing them about 0.4s per lap. Leclerc had braking issues which they reckon was costing him 0.6s per lap at the beginning when the car was heavier. Verstappen finished 25s ahead of the nearest non Red Bull car which over 57-laps is 0.44s per lap. So both teams think their race pace wouldn’t be too far off Verstappen without those issues (although it’s likely Verstappen wasn’t pushing for the second half of the race). 

I’m going to watching the next couple of races and hope the racing starts to improve but I don’t think I can sit through another season like last season.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #403 on: March 4, 2024, 04:21:41 pm »
Mohammed Ben Sulayem: FIA President under investigation for alleged attempt to interfere over F1 race

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #404 on: March 4, 2024, 09:08:14 pm »
Who’d have thought
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 5, 2024, 09:10:28 am »
So we have a knobhead team principal has been having an affair/flirting/whatever with a colleague, and we have the FIA President interfering in the result of a race. One of these stories is getting 10 times the press coverage than the other.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #406 on: March 5, 2024, 09:14:43 am »
Who’d have thought

I am shocked Duvva, shocked I tell you
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: March 5, 2024, 10:36:33 am »
Since Liberty took over the sport has slowly but surely becoming a bit of a mess.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #408 on: March 5, 2024, 10:53:02 am »
Since Liberty took over the sport has slowly but surely becoming a bit of a mess.

Corrupt Arab aristocrats used to getting their own way
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #409 on: March 5, 2024, 01:44:55 pm »
Liberty/f1 and the fia are really not the same thing in the slightest. Both have plenty to criticise them for regardless but there no connection there

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #410 on: March 5, 2024, 02:12:56 pm »
Who would have guessed that the days of Bernie would be less controversial than Liberty F1 :P

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 5, 2024, 11:37:23 pm »
I see there’s another report of Sulayem from the Las Vegas GP, trying to get it cancelled. Not quite as dodgy as interfering with race results but he’s looking shadier by the day

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #412 on: March 6, 2024, 07:06:20 am »
the bloke seems dodgy as fuck. that's at least 3 instances of 'weird' behaviour from him in the past 6 months or so that I can think of, and my memory is shite.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #413 on: March 6, 2024, 08:55:15 am »
I see there’s another report of Sulayem from the Las Vegas GP, trying to get it cancelled. Not quite as dodgy as interfering with race results but he’s looking shadier by the day

I don't get the motives for him to get it cancelled.

I know the obvious one is money as I'm sure there was some sort of compensation due if Vegas couldn't get the licence to do the race. But surely the reputational damage to F1 cancelling a race like that at the last minute and the cost to pay back fans would be worse.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #414 on: March 6, 2024, 09:24:19 am »
It's embarrassing that there is more intrigue of the track than on it. The FIA have always been corrupt, this is not new and watch it get swept under the table. I've taken a step back from F1 since Lewis got shafted so it's great to see it eating itself. Like most sports its lost its integrity and nothing is bringing it back.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #415 on: March 6, 2024, 12:25:56 pm »
New to going to a race, only one I've ever been to is Melbourne YEARS ago, really want to go to Silverstone next year, does anyone know the best place or the place to buy tickets (when they go on sale obviously not yet!)?

Cheers
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #416 on: March 6, 2024, 12:39:35 pm »
New to going to a race, only one I've ever been to is Melbourne YEARS ago, really want to go to Silverstone next year, does anyone know the best place or the place to buy tickets (when they go on sale obviously not yet!)?

Cheers

When I went I got them direct from Silverstone https://www.silverstone.co.uk/

There are other resellers out there, and you can buy packages, but I always feel safer buying direct from the track owners.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 6, 2024, 12:41:09 pm »

Cheers

Think we got ours off the Silverstone site when we went a few years ago but there are a number of legit sites inc F1’s own.

I’d sign up for email updates on when they are released as tickets go quite quickly

Melbourne was my first ever, got cheap tickets when travelling there in 2000. Was Jenson Button’s first F1 race

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #418 on: March 6, 2024, 12:42:33 pm »
Think we got ours off the Silverstone site when we went a few years ago but there are a number of legit sites inc F1’s own.

I’d sign up for email updates on when they are released as tickets go quite quickly

When I went I got them direct from Silverstone https://www.silverstone.co.uk/

There are other resellers out there, and you can buy packages, but I always feel safer buying direct from the track owners.

Thanks folks, I was thinking of getting them direct, will sign up for alerts. Cheers!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #419 on: March 6, 2024, 05:25:35 pm »
I used to love going to Silverstone, mind you be prepared to wait for hours on end getting out again. There are motor racing groups from which you can get tickets from but most of those seem to be rip-offs. I used to get a ticket from Silverstone and then book a coach, they are usually advertised in local papers a couple of months before the event.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #420 on: March 7, 2024, 11:21:11 am »
I used to love going to Silverstone, mind you be prepared to wait for hours on end getting out again. There are motor racing groups from which you can get tickets from but most of those seem to be rip-offs. I used to get a ticket from Silverstone and then book a coach, they are usually advertised in local papers a couple of months before the event.

Thank you. We are looking to camp and I'll go direct to Silverstone for the tickets defo.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #421 on: March 7, 2024, 12:29:44 pm »
Thank you. We are looking to camp and I'll go direct to Silverstone for the tickets defo.
I tried buying some tickets a couple of years ago. I don't know whether the system has changed, but once you put the tickets in your basket you check out and then you're put into a long waiting queue. But as they continue to sell more tickets, the price of your ticket increases.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #422 on: March 7, 2024, 12:37:51 pm »
I tried buying some tickets a couple of years ago. I don't know whether the system has changed, but once you put the tickets in your basket you check out and then you're put into a long waiting queue. But as they continue to sell more tickets, the price of your ticket increases.

That is actually outrageous  ;D

This country, man. Everything is monetised to its eyeballs anyway but it doesn't stop profiteering/price gouging being rampant as well.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #423 on: March 7, 2024, 12:53:13 pm »
that shouldnt be allowed
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Last Edit: March 7, 2024, 01:01:50 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #425 on: March 7, 2024, 01:02:27 pm »

Jesus that's crazy. Sad that everything seems to be like this these days. Fleece anyone that's interested.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #426 on: March 7, 2024, 01:07:17 pm »
Here you go "dynamic pricing" it's called;

https://racingnews365.com/silverstone-dynamic-ticket-pricing-should-be-used-even-if-it-upsets-fans

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351158.msg18511644#msg18511644

Similar to the holidays sites then? Always hate that, you look once and then go back the next day its increased, probably because you've already clicked on it a couple times previously!

But once you get them in your basket that should be that. They will be charging subscription fees next, to have the chance to buy tickets...
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: March 7, 2024, 01:07:58 pm »
Here you go "dynamic pricing" it's called;

https://racingnews365.com/silverstone-dynamic-ticket-pricing-should-be-used-even-if-it-upsets-fans

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351158.msg18511644#msg18511644

Wow, what a con that is! Some of the specialized groups which offer tickets have gone up hugely now, which is why you may as well go to Silverstone direct.

I never had the guts to do the camping, like my luxuries too much. I hope you get decent weather as I imagine it will be a hoot!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #428 on: March 7, 2024, 01:09:58 pm »
changing the price of something while you're wating to pay for it due to their own slowness is pretty fucking scandalous really.

I watch quite a few sports, and have attended pretty much all of them at some point, but never f1. not sure why but something about it just doesn't really appeal to me.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #429 on: March 7, 2024, 01:11:53 pm »
Similar to the holidays sites then? Always hate that, you look once and then go back the next day its increased, probably because you've already clicked on it a couple times previously!

But once you get them in your basket that should be that. They will be charging subscription fees next, to have the chance to buy tickets...
I'd put two tickets in my basket at £280 each but i was in the queue for 5-hours and the price kept increasing in front of me. I wanted them for my boys 16th birthday but when I eventually got to check out the websire crashed. 

Maybe they've changed/improved the system now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: March 7, 2024, 01:14:24 pm »
changing the price of something while you're wating to pay for it due to their own slowness is pretty fucking scandalous really.

I watch quite a few sports, and have attended pretty much all of them at some point, but never f1. not sure why but something about it just doesn't really appeal to me.

It's really great fun, the first time we went to Silverstone we got a general ticket and spent the morning walking around the circuit, finding the best place to watch it from. You have to go if only for the insane noise of the spectacle when the cars leave the grid. I swore my ears were tingling for three days afterwards. I always wore ear plugs after that first year! ;D

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #431 on: March 7, 2024, 01:17:57 pm »
Bloody hell, Red Bull suspends the woman who put the complaint in about Horner.....
« Last Edit: March 7, 2024, 01:33:54 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: March 7, 2024, 01:23:03 pm »
Bloody hell, Red Bull suspends the woman who put the complain in about Horner.....

They have really made a bulls up of this. She should just take them to court.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #433 on: March 7, 2024, 01:24:13 pm »
Bloody hell, Red Bull suspends the woman who put the complain in about Horner.....

Oh my. That's not a good look irrespective of what the hell has gone on

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #434 on: March 7, 2024, 01:27:22 pm »

We used to go regularly and always camped in Silverstone village.  It's easy walking distance to the track, there's a pub which is always busy but the village hall puts on live bands etc throughout the weekend. 

There's a village shop that opens from 3am to 11pm that has a super efficient 1 out, 1 in policy to keep the customer flow moving and they sell absolutely everything you need.

The really great thing about the village is that they love the F1 weekend and how much all the local groups benefit from it so can't do enough for you rather than the usual "pain in the arse" attitude you can get at major events.

The church and primary schools are out from around 4am serving bacon/sausage butties, teas and coffees.  All on the walk to the circuit.

The village hall benefits from the live entertainment which then helps the cubs, scouts, brownies, guides etc plus the football and cricket teams.

The farm where we used to camp has converted some of their buildings to proper shower and toilet blocks with wash basins, mirrors and plug sockets  and they usually do a BBQ on the Saturday night.

They also open on the Wednesday through to the Monday so you can get their early to get the best pog and don't have to join the queues to get away Sunday. 

The circuit does do a free massive after party on the Sunday till around 8pm which means you miss the traffic but also get to see the drivers with some great live music.

Have fun, it's a great weekend 👍

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: March 7, 2024, 01:38:17 pm »
They have really made a bulls up of this. She should just take them to court.
Bloody hell, Red Bull suspends the woman who put the complaint in about Horner.....

Suspension doesn’t generally mean anything though. You don’t necessarily have to done something wrong to be suspended, it’s just for an investigation can take place.

I got suspended from a job years ago for nearly a month to investigate some breaches of workplace Internet policy that had been levelled at an entire team. I wasn’t involved and knew I wasn’t involved but had to go through the process.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #436 on: March 7, 2024, 01:40:22 pm »
This is why women often don’t make complaints about this sort of thing.

They are worried about possible repercussions like this.

Do they have reason to suspend her? Who knows, but the optics are dreadful
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #437 on: March 7, 2024, 01:50:03 pm »
This is why women often don’t make complaints about this sort of thing.

They are worried about possible repercussions like this.

Do they have reason to suspend her? Who knows, but the optics are dreadful
The only reason i can think of is whether they have evidence she leaked all the information and screen shots last week.

But they must know the eyes of the world are on them and they need to handle this sensitively.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: March 7, 2024, 01:55:03 pm »
The only reason i can think of is whether they have evidence she leaked all the information and screen shots last week.

But they must know the eyes of the world are on them and they need to handle this sensitively.

Do we know how this came to be released, did a paper get hold of the information or was it leaked by Red Bull?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #439 on: March 7, 2024, 01:57:04 pm »
Do we know how this came to be released, did a paper get hold of the information or was it leaked by Red Bull?
I think it was emailed to hundreds of journalists.