Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 801181 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Reply #6400 on: October 17, 2023, 02:06:28 pm »
Dunno, lets the player just get on with their rehab without any pressure because no one knows what the injury is?  Maybe some players just want to keep it private.
possibly, but it does seem to be across the board these days.

in ice hockey it's not uncommon for a team to say that a player has "a lower body injury" and leave it at that - the idea being that when he's back playing, you don't want oppo teams to target his (left leg or whatever) when they are slamming into him and put him out again.

doesn't translate to football though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6401 on: October 17, 2023, 07:10:15 pm »
Is the echo headline scaremongering here..? 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-wait-andy-robertson-injury-27928706

Fears he may need an operation. Doesn’t say that they are the club’s fears..

Then again, not hearing anything yet dies make you worry…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6402 on: October 17, 2023, 07:37:49 pm »
possibly, but it does seem to be across the board these days.

in ice hockey it's not uncommon for a team to say that a player has "a lower body injury" and leave it at that - the idea being that when he's back playing, you don't want oppo teams to target his (left leg or whatever) when they are slamming into him and put him out again.

doesn't translate to football though.
It just be undisclosed in the NHL. Also teams in NHL are required to put out injury reports

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6403 on: October 17, 2023, 09:55:20 pm »
you interpret that as a good sign?

Nope. Just good that there hasn't been a peep from the club so far. There is no benefit from making a statement at this stage. Sure we'll find out Friday at the press conference.

Online Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #6404 on: October 18, 2023, 05:45:54 pm »
Pictures circulating of him in a sling, not sure if that even means anything as surely he'd have one  at this point in his recovery regardless of the length of his injury.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6405 on: October 18, 2023, 06:15:07 pm »
Liverpool handed fresh injury nightmare with Andy Robertson possibly out for 'four months'

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1825324/Liverpool-injury-news-Andy-Robertson-surgery-four-months

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6406 on: October 18, 2023, 06:28:11 pm »
Liverpool handed fresh injury nightmare with Andy Robertson possibly out for 'four months'

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1825324/Liverpool-injury-news-Andy-Robertson-surgery-four-months

So likely to be out until February, wonderful news.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6407 on: October 18, 2023, 06:46:37 pm »
So likely to be out until February, wonderful news.

"Worst case scenario"

Seems a non-story currently.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6408 on: October 18, 2023, 06:57:10 pm »

Liverpool are yet to find out the true extent of the injury after Robertson returned to the club earlier this week to undergo further tests. They're waiting on scan results, but the Times have revealed the worst-case scenario would see Robertson ruled out for up to four months.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6409 on: October 18, 2023, 08:33:30 pm »
I hate that the non-news from the club allows these doomsday things to hit the airwaves.  if the club is waiting for more test results, why don't they just say so?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6410 on: October 18, 2023, 08:42:24 pm »
I hate that the non-news from the club allows these doomsday things to hit the airwaves.  if the club is waiting for more test results, why don't they just say so?

The article literally says they are waiting on it. The club saying so would do nothing for any journo trying to fill column inches or idiot who wants to read such articles and think the worst.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6411 on: October 18, 2023, 08:47:27 pm »
Couldn't have come at a worse time this injury, just as we realise Kostas is shite, Jock FC go and fuck up our Andy. Disgraceful.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6412 on: October 18, 2023, 09:39:30 pm »
The article literally says they are waiting on it. The club saying so would do nothing for any journo trying to fill column inches or idiot who wants to read such articles and think the worst.
I know that, I just think this season the club is doing all it can to say as little as possible.

we still haven't been told what Cody's injury was.  He's been "being assessed" since Oct 6th.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6413 on: October 18, 2023, 09:57:26 pm »
Hope for a speedy recovery.

Hate international breaks with a passion.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6414 on: October 18, 2023, 10:16:04 pm »
I know that, I just think this season the club is doing all it can to say as little as possible.

we still haven't been told what Cody's injury was.  He's been "being assessed" since Oct 6th.

The club has always been quite coy on injury issues, and rightly so for the most part for both privacy for the player and for less "wen" and "why not" as it approaches a set time (be it by the club or the many amateur docs out there who set a time for being out for each injury).

The club will likely speak up when they know something, until then it's silly to expect anything. This constant need for up to the minute info is just not gonna happen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6415 on: October 18, 2023, 10:37:06 pm »
Hope for a speedy recovery.

Hate international breaks with a passion.

It’s a dislocation, apparently.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6416 on: October 18, 2023, 10:46:16 pm »
It’s a dislocation, apparently.

dis location, dat location. Its all in the shoulder somewhere.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6417 on: October 18, 2023, 10:57:54 pm »
Think Pipa’s here to Humerus.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6418 on: October 18, 2023, 11:25:54 pm »
Maddock is saying up to 10 weeks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6419 on: October 19, 2023, 12:14:16 am »
dis location, dat location. Its all in the shoulder somewhere.

Wait, so Robbo took a shit on the hard shoulder?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6420 on: October 19, 2023, 05:53:23 am »
Think Pipa’s here to Humerus.
Why are you so Acromion-ous, or are you Scapula-ting?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6421 on: October 19, 2023, 09:20:59 am »
Why are you so Acromion-ous, or are you Scapula-ting?

You're very tight, are you a bursar?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6422 on: October 19, 2023, 09:39:53 am »
He's probably just being rotatored.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6423 on: October 19, 2023, 09:41:49 am »
Giving this thread the cold shoulder until there’s better news
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6424 on: October 19, 2023, 02:33:47 pm »
whoever started the shitty puns needs to shoulder responsibility for derailing the thread, even if it was an off the cuff remark
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6425 on: October 19, 2023, 02:39:43 pm »
whoever started the shitty puns needs to shoulder responsibility for derailing the thread, even if it was an off the cuff remark
No need to start getting shirty.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6426 on: October 20, 2023, 02:06:41 pm »
Needs surgery according to Jurgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6427 on: January 5, 2024, 05:06:36 pm »

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #6428 on: January 5, 2024, 05:10:44 pm »
Training montage on Insta would suggest he cant be more than a few weeks away from being back involved. How good would it be to have him back for the Chelsea and Arsenal league games?

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #6429 on: January 5, 2024, 05:18:47 pm »
Training montage on Insta would suggest he cant be more than a few weeks away from being back involved. How good would it be to have him back for the Chelsea and Arsenal league games?

Would be huge, and it sounds like he'll be ready for then.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6431 on: January 5, 2024, 05:44:28 pm »
Anyone actually know how long Tsimikas is out for?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6432 on: January 5, 2024, 05:48:26 pm »
Training on his own, though, so have to see when he's considered ready for group training with the associated contact risks.

Online Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #6433 on: January 6, 2024, 06:12:08 am »
Training on his own, though, so have to see when he's considered ready for group training with the associated contact risks.
One of the training routines is running alongside each other, shoulder charge and separate, that'll be a tester for him
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6434 on: January 6, 2024, 07:45:39 pm »
Anyone actually know how long Tsimikas is out for?
sometime in February according to Greek media. He's already started light fitness training

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #6435 on: January 6, 2024, 07:48:35 pm »
sometime in February according to Greek media. He's already started light fitness training

The Greek media is also saying that Andy Robertson is out until 2026.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #6436 on: January 6, 2024, 10:00:54 pm »
It's all Greek to me.  :-\
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6437 on: January 7, 2024, 03:55:51 am »
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NLMYX7fQWuQ

Good to see that they used his time out to install another battery pack on his back so he'll be going even harder for longer... ;)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6438 on: January 15, 2024, 06:07:30 pm »

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #6439 on: January 15, 2024, 06:09:26 pm »
Hurry back Andrew...there is a title to be won!