Author Topic: Time to Believe - We're Gonna Win The League  (Read 1026506 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: The 'We're Gonna Win the League' Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 2, 2014, 05:12:46 am »
As excited as we all are, it's far too early for this.

I don't think it is, though.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 2, 2014, 05:21:51 am »
Just got to say how good was Alan Hansen on match of the day  ;D

Haha that was class.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline GhostOfBenitez

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: March 2, 2014, 05:26:57 am »
All I'll say is that it's a much nicer place to be where we are than where the rest of the top 4 are. They all are scared to drop points.

We cannot wait to play our next game and enjoy the shit out of these last 10 games.

How can you enjoy? i feel like vomiting due to anxiety in waiting for the collapse :/.. But at least some 1 is enjoying this ride.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43 on: March 2, 2014, 05:31:00 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8CPlF-IEkXQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8CPlF-IEkXQ?fs=1</a>
YNWA

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #44 on: March 2, 2014, 05:40:00 am »
How can you enjoy? i feel like vomiting due to anxiety in waiting for the collapse :/.. But at least some 1 is enjoying this ride.

i am loving it being in the mix is something we haven't experienced for a few years and barely since we last won the title   
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #46 on: March 2, 2014, 06:00:20 am »
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 2, 2014, 06:16:52 am »

Photo is to illustrate a point.

What point is that?

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #48 on: March 2, 2014, 06:40:05 am »
Ah fuck it.
I'm in.

Fuck it.
I'm in as well.

Loved the singing from the fans yesterday. I really do believe the supporters have a part to play being the 12th man for the rest of the season. Let's make a title worthy atmosphere for the rest of these ten games. Carry the players forward. We can do this.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #49 on: March 2, 2014, 06:54:18 am »
Superstition has no place in life. Keep some bizarre thoughts about jinxes and expectations growing too big out of here.

Liverpool are fucking boss. Show some faith and have some confidence. 10 more games and 30 more points to play for. We are handily-placed for a genuine 'until May' title challenge as we play both City and Chelsea at Anfield.

If we're within touching distance of them for those games they'll buckle under the weight of Anfield, I guarantee it.

Forza Reds.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 2, 2014, 07:02:23 am »
We are second in the league, 4 points off top, scoring when we want, people fear us, we have Chelsea to come at home as well as city.

Grow some balls we can and will win it, some of us fans ain't got a clue about winning a league so there's no point listening to their girly fear
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 2, 2014, 07:05:18 am »
Why the fuck not ?

Offline RedFalcon

• He told you all so. Nyer nyernyer nyer nyer!
  • Kopite
« Reply #52 on: March 2, 2014, 07:05:48 am »
I've been in since the beginning

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 2, 2014, 07:11:15 am »
I believed we would win it 08/09, we were the best in the league during that finish. This time around our team is crazy good going forward! I can't help but believe in us winning it this time around as well, its just in the air isn't it? Cant wait for the next game, sucks that it isn't for another two weeks!

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 2, 2014, 07:14:29 am »
If we're still in it by the time we play chel$ea , it will be entertaining to hear what Maureen's pre-match day comments will be.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #55 on: March 2, 2014, 07:17:31 am »
If we're still in it by the time we play chel$ea , it will be entertaining to hear what Maureen's pre-match day comments will be.

That Chelsea game is going to be massive. Second to last match of the season.

If it decides the title I don't even think I'd watch it. My nerves are wrecked after 45 minutes against Southampton ffs.
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #56 on: March 2, 2014, 07:18:30 am »

:-*

Good post!

Anyway. I think we will end as runner up. I really really want and think by my hearth and sould that we in fact can win and when I look at the table and the upcoming matches its like "Ah, lets just dig in and twat everyone".

But then I look att Citys two games in hand :| Lets just hope the bitterblues can step up and snatch few points.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #57 on: March 2, 2014, 07:20:06 am »
Actually think it my be won before that .....that's the day the trophy gets handed over  ;)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 2, 2014, 07:35:49 am »
Superstition has no place in life. Keep some bizarre thoughts about jinxes and expectations growing too big out of here.

Liverpool are fucking boss. Show some faith and have some confidence. 10 more games and 30 more points to play for. We are handily-placed for a genuine 'until May' title challenge as we play both City and Chelsea at Anfield.

If we're within touching distance of them for those games they'll buckle under the weight of Anfield, I guarantee it.

Forza Reds.

I said the same thing much earlier on. Let's hang in there till City have to come to us and if we are within breathing distance, Anfield will be bouncing like no other place and City'll find it terribly hard. Chelsea come to Anfield as the penultimate home game of the season. Between now and then if we make even 1 point on Chelsea, we'll most likely be looking at leapfrogging them on the table should we beat them. Again, home game and Anfield will be bouncing. This league title push is fucking on. I've had an eerie feeling that we'll win it like City did a couple of years ago on goal difference but I don't believe in eerie feelings. But this is totally possible. Come on you Reds !
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 2, 2014, 07:37:38 am »
Just got to say how good was Alan Hansen on match of the day  ;D

What did he say mate?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #60 on: March 2, 2014, 07:43:52 am »
There were 7 games after the group stages in the 2005 CL run.  If we're still in touching distance by then ........
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #61 on: March 2, 2014, 07:46:46 am »
Fuck it, it's now or nothing! I love this squad! C'MON YER RED MEN!!!!!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 2, 2014, 07:51:43 am »
The feelgood  factor this season has been immense  most of the season,  dont know about anyone else but general life has perked up hugely for me  i cant even put into words how a huge amount of people will  feel  if we do what i still call the  unthinkable....
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #63 on: March 2, 2014, 08:03:17 am »
What did he say mate?
Something like "I really really really hope Liverpool win it."
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #64 on: March 2, 2014, 08:06:30 am »
"Some people don't want you to mention certain things. Some people don't want you to say this, some people don't want you to say that. Some people think if you mention some things they might happen. Some people are really f*cking stupid. Did you ever notice that, how many stupid people you run into during the day? Goddamn there's a lot of stupid bastards walking around. Carry a pad and pencil with you, you'll wind up with thirty or forty names by the end of the day. Think about this; think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that."

-- George Carlin
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 2, 2014, 08:09:29 am »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #66 on: March 2, 2014, 08:25:48 am »
To see Steven Gerrard lift that Premier League trophy aloft would be something I would cherish for as long as I live.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: March 2, 2014, 08:28:26 am »
We've won 7 of 9.

If we continue and get 8 wins from the next 10, then we will win the league.

Just have to approach each game with 100% intensity.
we are 4 points behind the Chelsea. ..and possibly the same behind Manchester City!!! We need to beat them both at home taking it to one point, but then still need both to drop points in 2 further games. So both Chelsea and Manchester City to drop points in 3 of the last 10 games......and we would need to win all of them.
Not impossible...... If we did it it would be our best title ever given all the circumstances.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2014, 08:35:42 am by Redpross1 »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #68 on: March 2, 2014, 08:28:59 am »
I was 16 last time we won the title. If I had known then that 24 years later we wouldn't have won it again then I wouldn't have taken for granted what I had grown up with. Damn right we are in with a shout and IF we do it then I will savour every moment of it. I am absolutely loving everything about this season.

Yes - we can win it and we are the team that all teams now don't want to face. Fuck chelsea and city with their sugar daddy bling play thing billions. We are liverpool and we will do it our way.

It's on
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #69 on: March 2, 2014, 08:38:01 am »
What did he say mate?

'I'd love it, love it, love it if they won the title'.

I've always thought Hansen and Lawrenson overcompensated in their punditry by being a little too critical of us, for fear of showing any bias. Last night was a rare spontaneous moment from him with a cheeky Keegan impression, and his face lit up when he was talking about us.

It's on, and everyone knows it.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 2, 2014, 08:45:00 am »
We're a pretty amazing team now and will probably become even better with some players returning from injuries. Why not give it our all, give our best, give them all hell when they face us. I'm sure it's what Suarez and Gerrard are thinking about when galvanizing the team during tough matches and moments. Win at Old Trafford and who can stop us? Avalanche of dreams will carry us to victory.

We can.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 2, 2014, 08:46:42 am »
I have been quiet regards our chances and thought yesterday would be a key fixture. We are most defintely in with a chance of winning the whole thing now.

We are different team now, the mentality and character of the squad is boss, something that I feel has been our downfall for years. In the past we would have lost that game at Fulham, dropped those points at home to Swansea and away at Stoke.
We respond to poor results almost everytime with a positive result, Rodgers has installed confidence and turned us around.

We may fall short to a cash rich team full of superstars but we are pushing them all the way after just 18 months under Rodgers. It is big ask when we compare the recources but we have put ourselves in a great position right now.

It's on and yes I now believe.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #72 on: March 2, 2014, 08:53:53 am »
There's still a quarter of the season to go, so anything could happen.

But I'm looking forward to the next game already. :)

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 2, 2014, 08:56:12 am »
redpross, your wrong mate, if we beat them both  it only needs them to draw 1 other IF we win all 10, (which i think is near impossible)....id guess 8 wins and 2 draws would have us real close.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 2, 2014, 08:58:47 am »
One game at a time lads and ladies, strap in, sit back, enjoy the ride, and dream.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #75 on: March 2, 2014, 09:00:21 am »
To see Steven Gerrard lift that Premier League trophy aloft would be something I would cherish for as long as I live.

I think I'd actually cry. In fact I don't think, I know I will if this happens. if any player ever deserved a league title it's Steven Gerrard.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #76 on: March 2, 2014, 09:09:24 am »
Believing is great. Expecting, not.

Just promise this: I will not whine if we finish second, third or even fourth. It should still be considered a great season.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 2, 2014, 09:21:23 am »
We are the form side at present so why not?

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #78 on: March 2, 2014, 09:27:39 am »
we are 4 points behind the Chelsea. ..and possibly the same behind Manchester City!!! We need to beat them both at home taking it to one point, but then still need both to drop points in 2 further games. So both Chelsea and Manchester City to drop points in 3 of the last 10 games......and we would need to win all of them.
Not impossible...... If we did it it would be our best title ever given all the circumstances.
We need to win every game now, and even that might not be enough, as you point out, it looks like Chelsea will progress in the champion's league and that's what we want (not win it of course) as well as City progressing in the FA Cup as their European aspirations seem to gone baring a miracle so the cup distractions to both of them should be good for us.
 We had a hell of a run in 85/86 double season from Christmas to the end of the season we drew one and won the rest to match that run now is all we can ask for no room for errors now.
Were on a roll fasten yer seat belts the brakes are off and its boot to the floor to the finish line, come on you red men!
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #79 on: March 2, 2014, 09:42:00 am »
I don't think Stevie Gerrard will ever again get a better chance to win it. It's gonna be hard as fuck to win it though, probably will need to take maximum points from the ten games left to win it I think. But then again, looking at a team blessed with both exceptional quality up front and huge character, I can actually see us pulling it off. As long as the supporters will make for atmosphere like they did yesterday.. It felt like a home match!
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.