Author Topic: Things that make you feel old  (Read 24173 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Things that make you feel old
« Reply #600 on: April 18, 2024, 06:29:05 pm »
First I've looked at this thread in a while. Really surprised that the 30th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death, 30 years ago on 5th April, hasn't been mentioned. That made me feel ancient. Remember it like it was last week.
I was watching programmes about Kurt and his demise last weekend. I was wondering where those years went too. It still feels quite recent to me.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #601 on: April 18, 2024, 06:56:27 pm »
I was watching programmes about Kurt and his demise last weekend. I was wondering where those years went too. It still feels quite recent to me.

She was called Courtney, not Denise.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: April 18, 2024, 07:06:51 pm »

Was it on a grand national day as well? I remember arriving at my mate's in a cheery mood and everyone was miserable

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #603 on: April 18, 2024, 07:07:49 pm »
Was it on a grand national day as well? I remember arriving at my mate's in a cheery mood and everyone was miserable

Minnihoma 94?

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: April 18, 2024, 08:58:44 pm »
Went to a barbers today that I haven’t been for a while, was 2017 the last time I went in. Thought it was about 3 years ago.

2017 is as far away from now, as 2010 was from 2017…

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: April 18, 2024, 09:09:19 pm »
it can be loads of horrible things or as simple as dehydration (which is serious but easily rectified), if you're feeling other wise okay in yourself Debs, though I'd still err on the side of caution and get a check over, blood pressure etc, have a look at how much water you're getting.

I never drink water and never have done since I left primary school, I drink loads of coffee though 😁

Yeah my blood pressure is always a bit on the low side, as is my pulse and resting heartbeat but my stress levels are low too.

I once got rushed to and admitted into hospital from work, ambulance the lot, as I was hyperventilating and when they did my blood pressure they went to get a different machine as it was so low they thought the machine was broken.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 19, 2024, 11:57:56 am »
I thought that going for an ECG today - finally got round to it - would make me feel young, but quite a few people in their 20s were in the waiting room among the older patients. Good to see that generation taking their health seriously. I doubt I would have showed up even if my GP referred me when I was in my 20s. It took me weeks to get round to it even now.

Oh yeah, don't be an idiot like me and power walk 3 miles to the hospital after a coffee for an ECG, as I was seen quickly (expected a long wait) and I only just got my heart rate down to a 'normal' level (resting is ~50 usually). It was supposed to be a resting ECG. Got my steps in though. ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #607 on: April 19, 2024, 12:28:24 pm »
I thought that going for an ECG today - finally got round to it - would make me feel young, but quite a few people in their 20s were in the waiting room among the older patients. Good to see that generation taking their health seriously. I doubt I would have showed up even if my GP referred me when I was in my 20s. It took me weeks to get round to it even now.

Oh yeah, don't be an idiot like me and power walk 3 miles to the hospital after a coffee for an ECG, as I was seen quickly (expected a long wait) and I only just got my heart rate down to a 'normal' level (resting is ~50 usually). It was supposed to be a resting ECG. Got my steps in though. ;D

resting is 50 ?.

are you some kind of super athlete

I use to have it at 60 when I was younger and really quite fit. Now I'm the classic 72

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 19, 2024, 02:45:46 pm »
resting is 50 ?.

I use to have it at 60 when I was younger and really quite fit. Now I'm the classic 72

It was 40 or below when I was running and in great shape, so 50-60 is a sign I could be in better shape. It's all relative - e.g. 90 is normal for some people.

The nurse told me today that someone once came in with a pulse of 17 and insisted they were feeling ok.  :o

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 19, 2024, 03:13:21 pm »
resting is 50 ?.

Mine is nearly always below 50.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 19, 2024, 03:13:44 pm »
What the fuck is cloud seeding?

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: April 19, 2024, 05:43:35 pm »
What the fuck is cloud seeding?

Basically throw salt - or silver iodide - into suitable clouds to condense water vapour that then falls as rain. Used in quite a few countries - even here in the UK - during droughts. Only works on existing clouds though, so unlikely to be the cause of the Dubai floods.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: April 19, 2024, 09:00:15 pm »
Basically throw salt - or silver iodide - into suitable clouds to condense water vapour that then falls as rain. Used in quite a few countries - even here in the UK - during droughts. Only works on existing clouds though, so unlikely to be the cause of the Dubai floods.

Well whoever the fuck has been doing it over the UK for the last 5mths can fuck right off!!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #613 on: April 19, 2024, 09:33:37 pm »
Well whoever the fuck has been doing it over the UK for the last 5mths can fuck right off!!
Especially the swine who seeded the cloud above my car, just after I washed and dried it this evening.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: April 20, 2024, 09:12:34 pm »

Apologies. I've cut out salt in my diet, so I had a lot to spare and I didn't want to waste it.