Author Topic: Nazi Saluting Dog  (Read 7104 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nazi Saluting Dog
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2018, 11:57:36 pm »
No I didn't make it up;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Russophobia&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_enGB526GB526&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwil0cuJwdbaAhXkLsAKHclKDDAQ_AUoAXoECAAQAw&biw=1366&bih=637

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Russian_sentiment

Like I said, you used it flippantly in response to someone describing Putin's reign as mafia like. So you cited it when noone had even said anything that follows the definition for it you just quoted.

Also Nobby was not being anti-russian. He was being anti-Putin (and pro-truth)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2018, 12:02:10 am »
But it is on Wikipedia and google searches.  :butt
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2018, 12:15:47 am »
Like I said, you used it flippantly in response to someone describing Putin's reign as mafia like. So you cited it when noone had even said anything that follows the definition for it you just quoted.

Also Nobby was not being anti-russian. He was being anti-Putin (and pro-truth)

He specifically said Russian Federation and used the mafia stereotype
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2018, 12:22:47 am »
He specifically said Russian Federation and used the mafia stereotype

And you implied you've "spoken directly to people on the ground or at least family members of those that are" when forming (or parroting) your new-found knowledge on the situation on the ground there from twitter. 

Organised crime among those who hold power is well documented fact. It's not a stereotype. If I called Theresa May incompetent, would that be Anglophobic in your book?

Take your own advice and seek out real people to discuss this with. Twitter isn't a helpful tool for an impressionable mind
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:24:34 am by Classycara »

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2018, 12:26:08 am »
And you implied you've "spoken directly to people on the ground or at least family members of those that are" when forming (or parroting) your new-found knowledge on the situation on the ground there from twitter.

Organised crime among those who hold power is well documented fact. It's not a stereotype. If I called Theresa May incompetent, would that be Anglophobic in your book?
No but it'd be similar if you called the British public incompetent - are you genuinely not believing me about knowing Russian people in real life? Do you want me to PM you a pic of me in St Petersburg  ;D

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2018, 12:35:25 am »
No but it'd be similar if you called the British public incompetent - are you genuinely not believing me about knowing Russian people in real life? Do you want me to PM you a pic of me in St Petersburg  ;D

You are not going to get Russians slagging of Putin and his cronies to an Brit in St Petersburg in the same way you won't get a N.Korean slagging off Kim Young-un.

Russophobia gtf.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2018, 09:59:26 am »

You answered "yes" to someone saying are you getting these views from twitter, it was misleading

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2018, 10:36:01 am »
You answered "yes" to someone saying are you getting these views from twitter, it was misleading
Read the bit I quoted and said yes to, why would anyone say they get their views from twitter of all places

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »
Read the bit I quoted and said yes to, why would anyone say they get their views from twitter of all places

It may weĺl be that the people you know in Russia are the type of people who think a murderous slime ball of a leader who has extracted the wealth of the poorest for the benefit of the privileged few is someone who they would happily vote for. It does not detract from the nature of Putin himself or the well-evidenced election tampering he indulges in.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2018, 01:00:25 pm »
On the topic of the dog, this is a really interesting one. I think at the heart of it is the issue of private vs public life and how we see personal rights and social responsibility in a social media landscape which has demolished the idea of a private sphere. As I understand it, he put the video on social media to share with his friends. However, the impression that you can do this is a false one, as it quickly became viral and instead of occupying a private space, it ended up being big news in a public sphere. Now, humour is nothing without context, as has been said before on this thread. However, in the context of a public arena it is quite a ghastly video. We don't know this guy, we don't know his girlfriend, we know precious little about the dog. But because people have come across this in a public space, they're treating it as material designed to be seen by a public audience. As a video made for that purpose it is gross, crass and unacceptable. As a video for a private audience, it could probably be seen as quite funny.

If I'm honest when this first came up in the news a while ago, I assumed it would lead to some animal rights intervention, hadn't thought it would get this far.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2018, 05:06:11 pm »
I think it would be funny if John Mann got a film crew together ( preferably the BBC ) before ambushing Ken Livingston and asking "Do you want to gas the Jews" With Ken raising an eyebrow 23 times, before super imposing pics of Ken and Grofaz together...  :)